Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slave of Zahra

i was told...

Rate this topic

Guest Slave of Zahra

assalamu alaikum

with the upcoming inevitable war that my country is determined to do .. a small debate started at my job someone asked my opinion and before i finished saying my peace ... i was told i deserved to die b/c i was no better than the terrorists "over there" and that i had been " brainwashed" by the media... can u imagine? u know in some strange way ..i take that as a compliment knowing that they view me like the great people of iraq ... inshallah may Allah(swt) have mercy on the innocent and protect them.. but that comment really rattled me at how someone who has not ever really known war or any type of hardship could say that... i think of my niece who died of malnutrition due to the us sanctions and my nephew both were around the age of 7 or 8 who was killed by shrapnel when a bomb dropped near their home... and i wonder what great act of terrorism did they commit?? the suffering in his mom's voice when she called to give us the news.. a sound i will never forget...

Guest Slave of Zahra

assalamu alaikum

yes i am as american as they come.. the worst southern accent u ever heard... ask sis UmAli(my twin aka arnold) she'll tell u how us southerners (sp?) sound... anyway when the lady said that.. it just kinda unnerved me a little at how unfeeling most americans r.. how they do not really understand that there is a big ole world out there .. oh well.. inshallah may Allah(swt) help us all.. sorry no offense to any americans here... it was after i say bro ali thread with the pics it brought tears to my eyes.. they truly said a million things and brought this event to my mind.. ..thanks guys for listening to my miniscule probs.... i can always count on my shiachat family..inshallah.. may Allah(swt) reward u alll...

wow... i am being told that everyday! A teacher once called me a terrorist, but i got a fair share of balckmailing against him... come to think of it, maybe that's why he quit! Next time khala, just smile at them. cause then they get really pissed, but ur not really doing nayuthing!

seems we're all terrorists or terrorist-poisoned.

a stupid embassy that shall stay nameless jerked me around for over two hours today. the lady took one look at my visa application where it said place of birth AFGHANISTAN, looked at me, and said i can't give you the visa today.

i swear i could've seen the orange terrorist alert go off over her head.

she said that she couldn't tell me why or when i would get a call back regarding my request for entry. "call us next week" she says. then she says go to the information counter.

so there the guy, even more ignorant, tries to hand me some paper that i should sign, swearing that i will not do any journalism work while in his country (that was another problem and not the reason i stated for entering the country).

it doesn't matter that i have a U.S. passport, or that my father is an american citizen too (they had concerns about his nationality as well) and i'm sitting there thinking you stupid woman, why don't you just come out and tell me it's because i'm afghan born muslim.

and just when i thought about all the things i would complain about at my appointment next week, talking about their stupid inefficient bureaucracy, the blatant avoiding of telling me what their problem is with my app, there comes walking in two women in niqab :Hijabi:

lol.

insha Allah they give me the stupid visa.

salaam alaikum

Sis I know how ya feel. Sittin down here in bayou land ^_^ . Even walking in the parking lot they look like they are going to try and run you over. :donno: The ironic thing is that the media portrays that all muslims just hate all americans. Then all americans are like well thats just not right so they go and hate all of us(hmmm something don't sound right about that :D ) They both make a point of going to the local halal market to help their business. One step at a time. Remeber even a trickle of water will reshape a stone. May Allah reward you for your patience and perserverence.

maslaama

aliya

PS grits! yummy I think I'll go make some now that you mention it :P

Salaam alaikum,

i was told i deserved to die b/c i was no better than the terrorists "over there" and that i had been " brainwashed" by the media... can u imagine?

You should have politely thanked them for thinking you worthy of the death of a Shaheed.

the worst southern accent u ever heard

Nothing wrong with that. People are always commenting on how charming my Southern accent is.

WaSalaam, Hajar

grits?

Salaam alaikum,

Grits: coarsely ground hulled grain; especially : ground hominy with the germ removed

Hominy: kernels of corn that have been soaked in a caustic solution (as of lye) and then washed to remove the hulls

WaSalaam, Hajar

Ahhh, grits! Good anytime, breakfast lunch or dinner. So versatile, plain with a bit of butter for breakfast, onions or cheese for other meals. Yea, po' folks food. Collards, dandelion greens, fat-back(before my Declaration of Faith), cornbread, chittlins'(another of the no longer eaten foods) and so much more.

The problem in the US, especially the Southern and some parts of the Pacific Northwest, is that there are a large number of functionally illiterate losers. These are people who feel picked on, suppressed, and oppressed by the government if they see someone darker or not a 'True Christian' better off than they are. To them, being a 'Red-blooded White American Christian' is all that should matter. We will never be able to get these types to understand, we can only hope better for their children.

Quest slave of Zahra i know what you mean I am also American. And I have people think because I chose Islam that I am the enemy or That I do not deserve to be free.

People ask me where I am from when I say "I am from here" many of them look at me like I am crazy. It is almost as if they are saying they rather I be from another country and be muslim that way they can imagine I did not know any better or know anything else and pity me. Instead people are confused as to why I would give up all that so called freedom and be muslim which to them is no fun

Quest slave of Zahra i know what you mean I am also American. And I have people think because I chose Islam that I am the enemy or That I do not deserve to be free.

People ask me where I am from when I say "I am from here" many of them look at me like I am crazy. It is almost as if they are saying they rather I be from another country and be muslim that way they can imagine I did not know any better or know anything else and pity me. Instead people are confused as to why I would give up all that so called freedom and be muslim which to them is no fun

Islam is so misunderstood, alhamdullah many reverts were able to find Islam and not be of the ignorant ones who just hate.