Sign in to follow this  
god_has_99_names

Fadlallah and Sistani

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

As many know, I am a prety knew shia, but have beeen Muslim for some time, and I wanted to know if some knowladgable brothers and sisters on this forum could compare and contrast ayatollah's Sistani and Fadlallah. I know of course the differences are minor and they both are good, but I want to know who is more liberal and who is more conservative, stuff like that.

(bismillah)

The main difference is one is Marja' and the other is not.

Please use the search facility. Theres plenty of information on this site.

Alternatively, get a friend to help you understanding some of the information on this link http://www.zalaal.net

Wasalaam

Edited by YA ZAHRA

(bismillah)

Because the recognised Ulama of the Hawza have not certified his Ijtihad but on the contrary have announced he is not a Mujtahid and further more his Taqlid is not sufficient to fulfills ones obligation to Allah (SWT).

Wasalaam

Thread closed.

This site does not allow disrespect to the scholars, including accusing them of not being scholars. Ayatollah Fadlallah is a marja taqleed who has many followers, including many members on this forum.

Again, we do not allow slandering of the scholars on this site. If such threads open the door to such slander, we close them. You should be well aware of that by now.

Edited by roya