Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Haydara

Hijabiz with attitude

Rate this topic

100 percent agreeing with you!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. I agree only to an extent, certainly not 100%. Here is the reason:

Regardless of how NON RELIGIOUS she may be otherwise, if she is a hijabi woman then Allah will not punish her for showing her hair to non mahraams.

On the other hand, regardless of how RELIGIOUS she may be otherwise, if she is a non hijabi, she will be punished for showing her hair.

This means hijab (covering the hair) is wajib and any woman who does this, cannot be punished for being a non hijabi (though she may not get any thawab either because her hijab was not proper or was meant for other reasons). Whereas the non hijabi woman can not give much excuse for showing her hair and she will definately be punished, unless Allah decides to show some extreme mercy on her.

^ I would have to disagree ... by looking at it from this veiw...

hijab is more than a piece of cloth ... by wearing it and having a undecent akhlaq u not only demean the purpose of it... u aslo allow generalisations about all hijabi's to occur... so that cloth on the head of a person such as that, does worse than if they didnt wear it in the first place... so which is more goonah?

(Hud)11:5. Behold! they fold up their hearts, that they may lie hid from Him! Ah even when they cover themselves with their garments, He knoweth what they conceal, and what they reveal: for He knoweth well the (inmost secrets) of the hearts.

(al-baqarah)225. Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts; and He is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing.

any ways thats my view... let us not judge but let Allah b the judge! :)

Yes hijab is more than a piece of cloth, I certainly agree. But a woman who takes hijab but also has bad akhlaq may be punished for her bad akhlaq, but can Allah punish her for taking off her hijab when she has not exactly done that? Ofcourse she cannot be punished for something she never did (she never showed her hair to anyone, even though she wasnt very modest from the inside). I think we have to understand that hiding the hair is a specific order of Allah that will be questioned not only as a part of modesty but also as a separate entity. Women have to obey this order regardless of how modest or immodest they are otherwise. So a hijabi who is not very modest may be punished for being immodest but cannot be punished for showing her hair. Whereas a non hijabi who is otherwise modest may be rewarded for her modesty, but would be punished because she was a non hijabi (she ignored a basic order of Allah, that is covering the hair.)

"O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper..." (33:59)

This is my own view and Allah knows best.

Edited by How strange

Yes hijab is more than a piece of cloth, I certainly agree. But a woman who takes hijab but also has bad akhlaq may be punished for her bad akhlaq, but can Allah punish her for taking off her hijab when she has not exactly done that? Ofcourse she cannot be punished for something she never did (she never showed her hair to anyone, even though she wasnt very modest from the inside). I think we have to understand that hiding the hair is a specific order of Allah that will be questioned not only as a part of modesty but also as a separate entity. Women have to obey this order regardless of how modest or immodest they are otherwise. So a hijabi who is not very modest may be punished for being immodest but cannot be punished for showing her hair. Whereas a non hijabi who is otherwise modest may be rewarded for her modesty, but would be punished because she was a non hijabi (she ignored a basic order of Allah, that is covering the hair.)

"O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper..." (33:59)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What? Cmon. Hijab is everything, the clothes she wears, the cloth on her head, the tightness, what one says and how one acts, everything. Modesty is simply the outcome of hijab. If I look twice at a sister, I get the sin for not "wearing hijab", but I also get the sin for not containing my feelings of lust.

Women have to obey this order regardless of how modest or immodest they are otherwise.

So what you are saying is that modesty and hijab are 2 seperate things. But they are not. You cannot have modesty without proper hijab. So as long as a sister covers her hair or a brothers eyes are down, they have fulfilled the order? Thats just not possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ ... fair enough ... just one question... who is worse a kuffar or a munafiq?

Covering the hair is a clear cut and specific order of Allah without any doubt or ambiguity. Not a single hair can be shown to a non mahraam. All the hair MUST be covered.

On the other hand, modesty is a subjective thing. The line between modesty and immodesty is not as well defined as hijab because it is not haraam to talk to non mahraams, is it?

What I'm trying to say is that just because a woman appears to be immodest does not mean that her hijab is of no value. By covering her hair, she is following atleast one clear cut order of Allah. She is not violiting the specific rule about hiding the hair. How modest she is otherwise will be for Allah to judge but she cannot be punished for something she never did (never showed her hair).

On the other hand, no matter how modest and humble she tries to become, if she is non hijabi, she is definately violating a specific clear cut law mentioned in the Quran. Hence she is likely to get punished for that.

I dont know about women who take hijab soley for fashion and without giving any importance to that fact that Islam forbids them to show hair. It is upto Allah to decide, but then again regardless of the reason why she takes hijab, can she be punished for showing her hair when she has never done that?

I dont think so but Allah knows best.

Guest ScarFace

hijabis who act "immodest" are not neccesarily hypocrites. just by wearing a scarf on your head, you are not neccesarily claiming to be pious, religious, etc, you just have taken that step to fulfill that part of your faith, whilst the other parts may take a bit more time, or a bit more effort.

either way..theyre trying to do something good by wearing the hijab in the first place, its just the disadvantage that its something you see physically, and so automatically equate with their actions.

i suppose its inevitable that non muslims will do this, but as muslims if we see someone like that in the street, i dnt think the sweeping generalisations, judgements and assumptions should be made.

i know many ppl who are very far from perfect, didnt wear hijab before, but something in them made them wear it, out of their own choice, yet they cant automatically become the ideal muhajaba, theres no need to start judging every action they do because theyve made the decision to wear hijab even though they're not perfect.

Edited by ScarFace

I remember what my friends sister once saw in uni :

this female in niqab standing with three guys ... they were talking and suddenly the niqabi lifted her niqb and ......

and ..............

and ..............

and ..............

and ..............

and ..............

and ..............

and ..............

and ..............

puffed on a cigarette !

This is a true story that took place today while I was walking peacefully in a shopping city thinking of Allah, then suddenly these 4 hijibiz came along, two in front and 2 at the back, one of the ones at the back shouted to the other two at the front, "Oi you two, go to the toilet I need to take a piss".  I was shocked, my zikr was poisoned, and when I looked at them with an astragfullahi face, they were like "what!?!.

Do you get a lot of these around your area; this took place in east London.

If you are asking for evidence, sorry I didn’t have my webcam or my mp3 recorder with me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL :!!!: :!!!:

ppl shouldnt talk like that in public :no:

Lo0o0o0o0o0oL :!!!: :!!!:

ON A SERIOUS NOTE:

eeh that is just terrible and disgusting, these girls need to get their acts together and QUICK coz its people like them who are conveying the wrong image to the public, and trust me i'v seen 100% times worser.... :dry:

yallah what can we do... :Hijabi: :Hijabi:

dua's w/salam

Edited by At-Tahirah

(bismillah)

WOW I have read all the posts and many are well thought through and others are doing the same as those girls did by yelling in public... :no: I would like to remind those whom pointed to specific cultures and areas that you are as equally as bad as the girls whom stated she needed to go to the WC for they are showing prejudice towards another culture and by generalizing you can hurt people. I'm sure there are many people from those nationalities that feel hurt by such postings.

Back to the good points made though with the Hijab comes certain responsibilities and that is the way you dress and the amount of attention you draw to yourself. It is ment as an equalizer between the sexes something to prevent men as simply seeing women as sexual object but rather as equals. Again it is command sent down for women to fullfill and the punishment for not waring a hijjab is unto its own and not part of any other behavior...

I encourage those of you who are strong in your convictions to next time gently turn to the person and state I think you are drawing undo attention to yourself as well as those hijabi's near your. Kill them with kindness as a friend of mine says...You will never accomplish anything with such negativity as blaiming it on a whole race.

Furthermore, isn't gossipping wrong...this would be a form of it where others are trying to figure out whom you are refering to or what nationality they were...Therefore, if people could just post a list of behaviors that are not becoming to a hijabi it would be better for example:

-I don't think it is befiting for a hijabi to smoke

-I don't think it is befiting for a hijabi to hang out by herself with a group of boys...

So on and so forth...I'm sure the person who posted this wanted to point out the behavior and something she didn't approve off such as:

-I don't think it is befitting for a hijabi to use profanity

If you want to assert where this came from you can merely say as observed in the mall or such...

Finnally why bother with this so much I'm IRANIAN and Al'hamdollellah I've never acted such...intentionally (there was once that I was laughing so hard from a joke someone told me...but you had to have herd the joke).

Well, i live in London and yes i have seen this sort of behaviour. Saddens me :( :cry: :(

*~*Sakina*~*

Edited by sakz

I agree with sis Heaven, it's probably just a teenage thing. My friends and I used to be those hijabis with "attitude" back in high school, but overtime you change and you grow up. I would never act like that now, it's all just a phase :)

Thats so dissapointing :( :o

i have seen many hijabis that act like that here in austalia :dry: but they are usually pakistanis. I have seen a group of teenagers that are iranian that always stand in there "speacial spot" in the shopping centre. I always see them there and everytime they are there they are all laughing there heads off :!!!: and staring at everyone that goes past. They just dont act "normal" :wacko:

BTW i am sure they are iranians because they used to come to my school ^_^

Those groups that i see are mostly teenagers!!

Yesterday when I was in the masjed bathroom doing wudu a group of hijabis came in talking about some guy and then they were all cursing and stuff. Excuse me...can I do wudu in peace?? You think that its bad in London, you should try and come to Dearborn. Most of the hijabis here are not respectful at all, they kind of have an ughh attitude. I was in college over in Detroit once and I saw a hijabi (not that many at this school) so I said salaamo alaiykum sister, she asked me if I was pakistani, I said no, then she just turned away. Ok, where is my salaamz???? Anywayz Ive seen a lot of bad things hijabis or things that come out of their mouth. I figure why even wear hijab then, you are puttin a false image on islam, at least they are doing something though....right??? I dunno. Hijab is not just to cover your hair its to preserve you modesty and dignity, Hijab is a flag of islam....so treat it this way. (salam)

Salam,

Sunni Hijabiz are hypocrites...Man, they do everything from havin fun with a guy to swearing..

No habbibi thats just wrong...and u cant generalize,i have seen MANY SHIA AND SUNNI GIRLS do this so dont generalize, end of discoussin ( or how ever u spell it).

YA ALI MADAD

(bismillah)

(salam)

I have experienced it a lot.I had a friend and she used to wear abaya without naqaab.She used to apply Kajal,eye-lashes and then used to cover her head with bright coloured scarfs usually of dark pink colour.she used to apply 3 to 4 coats of nail polish everyday and by the time when she entered the academy everybody used to laugh :!!!: at her with an impression"Is this islam".So it's a shame to find-out lots of hijabis doing so but it doesn't mean that we should start disgracing and discouraging this noble practice.

(wasalam)

A lot of rubbish have been said about pakistani hijabis... please do not generalize a nation due to a bad experience.. i know pakistanis are far worse than any nation on the planet earth but not all of them are bad... I, know a lot of women who observe hijab and they are the most modest women i have seen my whole life... yes some do have serious problems but don't generalize them... do not line up all the pakistani hijab observing ladies in one row :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i feel sympathy for hyadara... thanks 4 sharing ur experience

A lot of rubbish have been said about pakistani hijabis... please do not generalize a nation due to a bad experience.. i know pakistanis are far worse than any nation on the planet earth but not all of them are bad... I, know a lot of women who observe hijab and they are the most modest women i have seen my whole life... yes some do have serious problems but don't generalize them... do not line up all the pakistani hijab observing ladies in one row :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i feel sympathy for hyadara... thanks 4 sharing ur experience

what the hell

hijabis are complete nutbags man, in uni they used to smoke and drink bacardi breezers when everyone would gather in the students union to watch the cricket matches, most white people think hijab = ho-jab. the best girls i know are the ones who dont wear it at all

hijabis are complete nutbags man, in uni they used to smoke and drink bacardi breezers when everyone would gather in the students union to watch the cricket matches, most white people think hijab = ho-jab. the best girls i know are the ones who dont wear it at all

I guess you haven't seen good hijabi thats why you are lining them all in a row... its what we call in urdu "koowen(well) ka mendak(frog)"... don't be one!!!

It happens pretty often, and it's not limited to any particular nationality. Physical hijab makes very little difference if the social hijab is not observed. They are supposed so be complimentary to each other.

It happens pretty often, and it's not limited to any particular nationality. Physical hijab makes very little difference if the social hijab is not observed. They are supposed so be complimentary to each other.

seconded

that can be only achieved by true understanding of ISLAM @)

I guess you haven't seen good hijabi thats why you are lining them all in a row... its what we call in urdu "koowen(well) ka mendak(frog)"... don't be one!!!

er actually its a punjabi term and its "kooh da daddu"

and you are such a hypocrite! did you or did you not just say

please do not generalize a nation due to a bad experience.. i know pakistanis are far worse than any nation on the planet earth but not all of them are bad..

Wooow, the hijabis here are nothing like that..well sure most of them are hypocrites but they don't do that stuff in public with hijab on..that's mental! Must be something in UK water *shrug*