Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

ShiaChat.com "Server Crisis" update..

Rate this topic

• Site Administrators

Salam Alaikum all.

As you've all witnessed, the site has been down more than it's been up the past few days. We've also had to change servers many times the past few months due to the fact that this site is getting way too large for it's budget. We've tried moving to different servers that we thought could handle this site (including the server we're on now) and it seems like all have failed.

We've decided to take a necessary step, that is, to invest in a more expensive reliable server to avoid these unnecessary outages and headaches. We've already purchased a service for the next couple of year that would Inshallah not only be sufficient for this site, but inshallah give us future room to grow as a community.

With that being said, we'll be moving servers (inshallah for the last time) in the next few days, this again would mean that the site might not be accessible for a long period of time. This is because we have to make DNS changes and database backup/restoration.

I'd like to thank you all once again for your patience. A special thanks to the few members who donate occasionally and the couple who give monthly pledges to this site. It's with your help that we've managed to take this extra step to guarantee the future of this site.

Thank you all and keep us in your prayers.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

With that being said, we'll be moving servers (inshallah for the last time) in the next few days, this again would mean that the site might not be accessible for a long period of time.

Bro would you be a little more specific regarding this? Any particular time-period like from which date onwards till when, so I can think twice before renewing my Net connection? :P

I seriously need to start concentrating on my studies

:(

and work :squeez:

Jazak Allah Khaira

Was salaam

Zahra

• Advanced Member

If you need help tuning. dont hesitate to ask.

-hussain

Salam.

I have a few tests this week, so I'm thinking maybe Thursday, or Friday.  Or maybe on the weekend.  Or maybe tomorrow.  I really don't know!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Site Administrators

Salam.

The one we're moving to is already fine-tuned and firewalled :) I think it should be just fine, but we'll see. Thanks for the offer.

We're moving to a:

CPU GenuineIntel, Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz

Version psa v7.5. os_FedoraCore 2

OS Linux 2.6.9

1,024 MB DDR RAM

80 GB IDE hard drive

1,200 GB monthly transfer volume

Guest billalalhashimi

Aslam Alaikum Wa Barakatuh Bro Ali

Bro I have a qustion , I can't upload a avatar , is that because ShiaChat isn't working properly at the moment because I never had a problem before & I have used this avatar before?

Allah Hafiz!

• Site Administrators

Salam Alaikum.

Cool, seems like we're all up and running. I just have to upload the 10,500 attachments.. This should take a good few hours ;)

I'll post up an update after I get some sleep.

Wa salam..

`Ali.

• Advanced Member
Selam alaycom,

Next tast for Ali: Zain limit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Alaikumus salaam w/r w/b

:lol: :lol:

Bro Ali that was fast; I was thinking it might take at least 2/3 days to fix but this is cool.

I hope you never have to lose any more sleep over this.

May Allah (AWJ) reward your efforts. :)

W/S

• Advanced Member

PEACE TO THE ADMINISTRATORS

I cannot send messages [e-mails]. Is this a consequence of the new server business? Also, I have a lot of free space in my personal files, yet, when I attempt to store something and hit send, I'm routed to the home page and nothing gets put into my files. Can you tell me going on with this?

Thank you,

The Iconoclast.