Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Changed

Ismaili Aga Khanis

Do Ismaili Offer all five namaz?

Do they face Masjid Haram while offering it (namaz)?

Do they fast during the month of Ramadan?

Do Ismaili give zakat to poors?

Do Ismaili go for Hajj or Umrah to Makka?

Do Ismaili go for Ziarat to Madina?

Do Ismaili circumcise the males?

Do Ismaili follow "Halal" code while choosing, slaughtering and eating animal?

Do Ismaili read Qur'an, also do they read its translation?

Do Ismaili revere month of Muharram?

Do they do matam or other mourning ceremony in Muharram?

Do Ismaili have Azan (Call for prayer) custom?

Do Ismaili offer namaz in jamat?

Do Ismaili offer Jumma (Friday) namaz?

Do Ismaili celebrate Eid Fitr (Ramdan Eid)

Do Ismaili celebrate Eid Adha by slaugtering animals?

Do they celebrate other Eid like Milad (pbuh) and Ghadeer?

The questions are solely regarding the Ismaili Agakhanis and not other Ismailis like Bohra or else. Any body who know can answer.Thanks :)

They belive in tawheed and nabuwat, they cannot be considered same category as qadiyanis..

They are Muslim. Muslims who have gone a stray, but Muslims none the less..

Interesting stuff about Ismaelis, but I read a few people commented on Qadiyanis and mentioned that Ismaelis and Qadianis are the same.

First off, they're not. In fact, they are a complete astray for Qadani/Ahmadi school of thought, which is nothing but the same Islam Hazrat Mohamed (PBUH) brought.

Someone mentioned above Ahmadis, WE, do not believe in Nabuwwat. You should get your facts straight. We believe in Nabuwwat same as any Muslim. Our differences are on interpretation of the term "Khatm-e-Nabuwwat". Whereas the difference is that "Khatm" as described in Arabic is defined as "The Ring" or "The Seal or simply the top and the best of anything. We do not interpret it as "The End" to Prophethood. In Quran and Hadeeth it is mentioned that Prophethood and Khilafat Minhaj-un-Nabuwwat will last till Qiyamat.

Furthermore, as other Muslims are waiting for the arrival of Imam Mehdi and Hazrat Essa. Ahmadis, based upon Quran and Hadeeth believe that Mehdi and Essa have returned as propesied by the Holy Prophet SAW. The difference is that other Muslims are waiting for a Hazrat Essa to appear physically from the Skies, same way as Jews are waiting for Isaac to appear from top of Jerusalem mountains. Therefore, both Non-Ahmadi Muslims and Jews who beleive to literally wait for that prophesy to come true will wait till the Judgement Day. Because guess what, neither did Isaac some nor will Essa come from the Skies. Allah speaks in metaphors and there are plenty of signs for the Believers.

So, before calling Ahmadis as Non Muslims, do keep in mind we an answer "YES" beside every question you mentioned at the beginning of this thread. We have a difference of interpretation and I guess time will clarify whether there is a live Essa who will come from the sky just like Isaac or not.

Jazakallah to all.

Theres a huge difference between Agha Khanis and Bohris.

Here are the same list of questions...but regarding Bohris.

4.Do Bohris give zakat to poors?

Yes--but they have their own system of spreading the zakat, im not too sure how it works.

9.Do Bohris read Qur'an, also do they read its translation?

Yes

Yes, Im pretty sure.

What are you talking about? Translations of the Book of Allah swt are openly forbidden to them by their leadership. and the zakat system is not zakat at all. There a several taxes which are payed through out the year with zakat being only one of them.

They tax the people to make a profit, it is not even certain that anything their corrupt and unislamic clergy does even counts or can be considered charitable or zakat in any sense. They even bribe the indian governments, pay off the enemies of islam and the mushrik hindus too.

Want proof? There's an open rebellion of sorts going on against the mainstream bohras, called "Progressive bohras". And then there are internal power struggles over leadership positions. Disgusting people they are.

Hinduism and some other religion; pretending to be Islam.

Here's one thing nizaris and bohras share: they are kafir.

@the ahmadi above me: you saying Nabi Isa a.s not returning from heaven/has already arrived. renders you a hypocrite. Even the Holy Quran (surely you've heard of it?) says that Prophet Isa A.S. is the masih. Even hadith say he will return from the Heavens.

Even the disgustingly corrupt government of Pakistan essentially considers you guys as najis, seeing as how you're not allowed to say dua or turn your head towards the Holy Kaaba. Why do you people continue to say blasphemous things knowing that you're surrounded by imbecile bakris who are beginning to resemble animals, and that they don't have a problem killing you. You even have a reputation in parts of the world for being brainy.

Edited by blu115

Ismaili's are 10.000 times better than sunnis in My opinion. To judge a tree, one should evaluate its fruits & it's obvious that for the non-muslim communities of the west at least the fruit of the ismailis is good: they are involved in development of 3rd world societies & their believers are often learned & seem honest & pious. This cant be said about sunnis in the year 2014 who produce fear & terror throughout the earth & is nearly destroying islam as a religion & desecrating its inheritance.

They are still a meek, cowardly and useless lot who have contributed nothing to the deen. Sure they might do good things for the dunya but what does it matter when there's no change?

And you can judge a whole branch. Read into their history, it's damning.

Even the bakris have/can do more and they have actually done things for the spread of islam, despite their support for the usurpers and man-devils.

@the ahmadi above me: you saying Nabi Isa a.s not returning from heaven/has already arrived. renders you a hypocrite. Even the Holy Quran (surely you've heard of it?) says that Prophet Isa A.S. is the masih. Even hadith say he will return from the Heavens.

Even the disgustingly corrupt government of Pakistan essentially considers you guys as najis, seeing as how you're not allowed to say dua or turn your head towards the Holy Kaaba. Why do you people continue to say blasphemous things knowing that you're surrounded by imbecile bakris who are beginning to resemble animals, and that they don't have a problem killing you. You even have a reputation in parts of the world for being brainy.

I sense clear hate speech in your post, be careful of your words. The prosecution and oppression of innocent Ahmadis in Pakistan by the Pakistani government and Takfiri militias is not justifiable and is not a matter that is taken lightly, similarly to how Shias in Pakistan and elsewhere are prosecuted and killed.

As a Shi'a of the Ahlulbayt(As) you have to believe that not a single innocent human being, regardless of their religious beliefs(yes including non-Muslims), deserves to be coldly killed. There is a genocide that has been happening in Pakistan against Qidyanis for decades now that is no doubt unjustifiable, and as Shias, staying silent on it or taking the matter lightly is an act of hypocrisy from our behalf. This goes for any genocide that selectively targets a specific group, regardless of their beliefs.

Note: The insults against Agakhani Ismailis and Ahmadis are disgusting. Most of them are made by people that are completely ignorant of their beliefs and use deceitful propaganda to attack them. You guys are no better than those that claim all Muslims are terrorists & those that claim that Shias worship Ali. Maybe you should actually learn about their beliefs before you attack them. Criticize gently. All you do is push people away if you attack them with bad language. Such is not the akhlaq of Muhammad wa ale Muhammad (`alayhim salaatu wa salaam).

Do Ismaili Offer all five namaz?

No. They have 3 daily duas that consist of 6 "rakaa". It can be listened to here.

Do they face Masjid Haram while offering it (namaz)?

They do not face it in the way that you and I do. They can face any direction. They believe that since the earth is a sphere, every direction leads to Makkah in their line of sight. They say that this is as legitimate as making straight lines facing Makkah because not everybody in the straight line is directly facing the Kaaba, but that it is in their "line of sight", so to speak.

Do they fast during the month of Ramadan?

No. Their "fasting" is esoteric and they do it year round. It consists of avoiding slander and bad thoughts.

Do Ismaili give zakat to poors?

Yes and no. They give 12.5% of their monies to their Imam (2.5% of which is "zakat"). The Imam then distributes money to the needy. The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is one of the largest philanthropic organizations in the world.

Do Ismaili go for Hajj or Umrah to Makka?

They are allowed to but generally they don't. They consider a visit to their Imam to be "hajj".

Do Ismaili go for Ziarat to Madina?

Some might but it's not obligatory for them.

Do Ismaili circumcise the males?

Some might but it's not obligatory for them.

Do Ismaili follow "Halal" code while choosing, slaughtering and eating animal?

No. The laws of slaughter are considered exoteric and Agakhanis follow an esoteric interpretation.

Do Ismaili read Qur'an, also do they read its translation?

Yes.

Do Ismaili revere month of Muharram?

Some do but it is not an official doctrine.

Do they do matam or other mourning ceremony in Muharram?

No. Instead of mourning the death of an Imam (except for when it happens; they don't continue to mourn hundreds of years later) they celebrate the fact that the institution of Imamate continued on despite the tragic loss. Note that they don't celebrate Ashura or anything. They just believe it's better to be thankful for continued Imamate than to continuously mourn the death of any particular Imam.

Do Ismaili have Azan (Call for prayer) custom?

No.

Do Ismaili offer namaz in jamat?

They can perform their daily dua in private or at the jamaatkhana in congregation.

Do Ismaili offer Jumma (Friday) namaz?

No.

Do Ismaili celebrate Eid Fitr (Ramdan Eid)

Yes but not to the extent that other Muslims do.

Do Ismaili celebrate Eid Adha by slaugtering animals?

No. They do not slaughter animals. It is considered exoteric and they follow the esoteric.

Do they celebrate other Eid like Milad http://www.shiachat.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/pbuh.gif and Ghadeer?

I don't know but I do not believe so.

Allah ta'ala knows best.

Interesting stuff about Ismaelis, but I read a few people commented on Qadiyanis and mentioned that Ismaelis and Qadianis are the same.

First off, they're not. In fact, they are a complete astray for Qadani/Ahmadi school of thought, which is nothing but the same Islam Hazrat Mohamed (PBUH) brought.

Someone mentioned above Ahmadis, WE, do not believe in Nabuwwat. You should get your facts straight. We believe in Nabuwwat same as any Muslim. Our differences are on interpretation of the term "Khatm-e-Nabuwwat". Whereas the difference is that "Khatm" as described in Arabic is defined as "The Ring" or "The Seal or simply the top and the best of anything. We do not interpret it as "The End" to Prophethood. In Quran and Hadeeth it is mentioned that Prophethood and Khilafat Minhaj-un-Nabuwwat will last till Qiyamat.

Furthermore, as other Muslims are waiting for the arrival of Imam Mehdi and Hazrat Essa. Ahmadis, based upon Quran and Hadeeth believe that Mehdi and Essa have returned as propesied by the Holy Prophet SAW. The difference is that other Muslims are waiting for a Hazrat Essa to appear physically from the Skies, same way as Jews are waiting for Isaac to appear from top of Jerusalem mountains. Therefore, both Non-Ahmadi Muslims and Jews who beleive to literally wait for that prophesy to come true will wait till the Judgement Day. Because guess what, neither did Isaac some nor will Essa come from the Skies. Allah speaks in metaphors and there are plenty of signs for the Believers.

So, before calling Ahmadis as Non Muslims, do keep in mind we an answer "YES" beside every question you mentioned at the beginning of this thread. We have a difference of interpretation and I guess time will clarify whether there is a live Essa who will come from the sky just like Isaac or not.

Jazakallah to all.

How do you guys judge the authenticity of a hadith?

Ismailis are good people just like wahabis , shias , sunnis and people from all other religions. I don't really know much about Ismailis but when i was younger my friend was Ismaili and he used to eat halal food . The guy who said about Pakistan calling Ismailis kafir , the founding father of Pakistan mohammed ali jinnah was a Ismaili muslim although he did convert twelver Shia . But anyway in pakistan you can make anything halal for the right price .

How do you guys judge the authenticity of a hadith?

I don't know about this guy in particular, but from my interactions with Ahmadis they believe that any hadeeth that does not contradict the Qur'an to be valid. They follow the Sunni corpus. I do not know, however, how they reconcile contradicting ahadeeth where neither of the two contradicts the Qur'an. They most likely follow the interpretation of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, their latest Prophet. They probably also follow interpretation given by their Caliph.

Allah ta'ala knows best.

I sense clear hate speech in your post, be careful of your words. The prosecution and oppression of innocent Ahmadis in Pakistan by the Pakistani government and Takfiri militias is not justifiable and is not a matter that is taken lightly, similarly to how Shias in Pakistan and elsewhere are prosecuted and killed.

As a Shi'a of the Ahlulbayt(As) you have to believe that not a single innocent human being, regardless of their religious beliefs(yes including non-Muslims), deserves to be coldly killed. There is a genocide that has been happening in Pakistan against Qidyanis for decades now that is no doubt unjustifiable, and as Shias, staying silent on it or taking the matter lightly is an act of hypocrisy from our behalf. This goes for any genocide that selectively targets a specific group, regardless of their beliefs.

You are correct.

If it's worth anything, I apologize and retract my statements.

Listen dude, you Ismailis are not Muslim, please try to comprehend this. Neither you people do five times a day namaz, neither you keep roza in Ramazan, neither you go for hajj. Everything that defines a Muslim you dont even know about. Your Agha khan karim does not even have a legitimate birth, his mother was the mistress of the previous agha khan. Can you believe your "imam" is not even a legitimate child? Your imam drinks alcohol and has white girlfriends, just like his father. You people are a disgrace to Islam. Please for once pick up a Quran Majeed and read it carefully, you will insha Allah realize what a joke ismaili religion is.

I wonder if he joined ISIS, seems likely? In the words of Star Wars' greatest, Yoda, "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Obviously his ignorance and fear got the best of him. Why can't people just get along and do their own thing?

Once "Say I AM" actually gets inside a JK and realizes that the Aga Khan is worshipped to the same extent that Jesus is in Christianity, he will run away from Nizari Ismailism.

I hope.

These people are not muslim.

Oh! So I guess the "FOI" and "Nation of gods and earth" are muslim now....???

Might as well call everyone a muslim

Salaam

Basmala

With utmost respect, love and compassion I say to you, my brother,

Judging by your avatar, because of the beard cut in traditional Muslim fashion and the traditional hat, you believe in traditional Islam. But traditional does not mean authentic because tradition is merely what is popularly handed down, and that's no measure of correctness. Correctness is demonstrated through evidence and reason. Perhaps your avatar is not a photo of yourself, but why you've chosen to use it and why you've submitted an unsubstantiated, unproductive post leads me to assume you like rigidity. That you like the old time religion and think it's right to impose it on others, but there is no compulsion in religion.

If your intention by posting is to acquire knowledge, by all means do so, but if you're intention is to incite contention then you're unwelcome; there is no contention between brothers. So, if you find time to explain yourself then I'd love to hear it, otherwise silence is your greatest virtue.

Ya Ali Madad

These people are not muslim.

Oh! So I guess the "FOI" and "Nation of gods and earth" are muslim now....???

Might as well call everyone a muslim

I'm not a big fan of the Agha Khan, but how on earth can you compare the Agha Khanis to Five Percenters? That makes no sense.

Salaam

Basmala

With utmost respect, love and compassion I say to you, my brother,

Judging by your avatar, because of the beard cut in traditional Muslim fashion and the traditional hat, you believe in traditional Islam. But traditional does not mean authentic because tradition is merely what is popularly handed down, and that's no measure of correctness. Correctness is demonstrated through evidence and reason. Perhaps your avatar is not a photo of yourself, but why you've chosen to use it and why you've submitted an unsubstantiated, unproductive post leads me to assume you like rigidity. That you like the old time religion and think it's right to impose it on others, but there is no compulsion in religion.

If your intention by posting is to acquire knowledge, by all means do so, but if you're intention is to incite contention then you're unwelcome; there is no contention between brothers. So, if you find time to explain yourself then I'd love to hear it, otherwise silence is your greatest virtue.

Ya Ali Madad

First off I don't have to explain myself, and from being in the prison system most of my life I have absolutley zero respect for those who claim this faith and exploit it. Nearly being killed myself by wahabi scum and others of like mind. I'm not really comparing five %ers to khanis just trying to make light of their comparative deviance. And how many narrarations have we come by condemning sufism?? Although you claim to represent tashayyu?

Man, this is the state of the ummah....

I'm not a big fan of the Agha Khan, but how on earth can you compare the Agha Khanis to Five Percenters? That makes no sense.

Same post for you bud

Man you got me hot

I'm not really comparing five %ers to khanis just trying to make light of their comparative deviance.

The problem is your comparison is disingenuous. You may as well be comparing apples and oranges and saying "well, they're both fruits." 

First off I don't have to explain myself, and from being in the prison system most of my life I have absolutley zero respect for those who claim this faith and exploit it. Nearly being killed myself by wahabi scum and others of like mind.

While I do apologize, for what it's worth, for these unfortunate events in your life, it doesn't give you the right to pass judgments on people and say whether they are Muslim or not. You have no right to say that Ismailis, whether they are Nizari or not Nizari, are "not Muslims," or compare them to groups whose doctrines and teachings are miles away from each other simply because both teachings are contrary to ours and therefore that makes all the differences between them irrelevant. If you start declaring everybody around you who is of a different school of thought as necessarily being kafir, you'll end up slipping into a very Kharijite mindset.

A number of our most esteemed scholars have considered Ismailis to be fellow Muslims including Ayatollah Sistani and Ayatollah al-Khoei before him, regardless of whether they meet the qualifications of having true iman or not by Twelver standards.

And how many narrarations have we come by condemning sufism??

And how many maraji, who are far more skilled than you or I in interpreting and authenticating narrations, accept the validity of irfan and mystical studies, including those associated with various classical masters of Sufism? Quite a few actually.

All I'm saying, brother, for your own good, is that before you start making accusations about other schools or passing judgements based on some random hadith you read, you should acquaint yourself with as many opinions of our present learned ulama as you can and what they have to say about these matters.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

The problem is your comparison is disingenuous. You may as well be comparing apples and oranges and saying "well, they're both fruits." 

While I do apologize, for what it's worth, for these unfortunate events in your life, it doesn't give you the right to pass judgments on people and say whether they are Muslim or not. You have no right to say that Ismailis, whether they are Nizari or not Nizari, are "not Muslims," or compare them to groups whose doctrines and teachings are miles away from each other simply because both teachings are contrary to ours and therefore that makes all the differences between them irrelevant. If you start declaring everybody around you who is of a different school of thought as necessarily being kafir, you'll end up slipping into a very Kharijite mindset.

A number of our most esteemed scholars have considered Ismailis to be fellow Muslims including Ayatollah Sistani and Ayatollah al-Khoei before him, regardless of whether they meet the qualifications of having true iman or not by Twelver standards.

And how many maraji, who are far more skilled than you or I in interpreting and authenticating narrations, accept the validity of irfan and mystical studies, including those associated with various classical masters of Sufism? Quite a few actually.

All I'm saying, brother, for your own good, is that before you start making accusations about other schools or passing judgements based on some random hadith you read, you should acquaint yourself with as many opinions of our present learned ulama as you can and what they have to say about these matters.

They are qualified for those that do not study. I studied for years in prison and am fluent in the language, also been to Iran.

I am an Ahkbari shia and my marja is Tusi and Hilli.

Don't get me started on these "mahdi" usurpers you call "ayatullahs". You are a twelver! So follow the Imams, and stop the nonsense.

They are qualified for those that do not study. I studied for years in prison and am fluent in the language, also been to Iran.

I am an Ahkbari shia and my marja is Tusi and Hilli.

Don't get me started on these "mahdi" usurpers you call "ayatullahs". You are a twelver! So follow the Imams, and stop the nonsense.

I'm not gonna argue with you, I have already come to the conclusion that there are not many people left who are true to this religion.