Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Computer Notebook Problem

Rate this topic

Arsal

• Advanced Member

Salaams Everybody

I need your help badly... I have just recently purchased a Toshiba Laptop and this thing makes alot of fanning noise... Everytime I switch a page on a website or open a document or basically do ANYTHING.. the fan thingy turns on after every minute and its ANNOYINGGGGG it drives me crazy.. I took it to Best Buy (place where I purchased it) and they said its normal cuz its a very powerful machine.. But to me that seems so annoying and weird... Any advice help or solutions pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Arsal

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum,

I'm not sure what model you have, but I did a quick search on "toshiba laptop fan noise" and I found many reviews of various toshiba laptops. After mentioning the multiple pros of the laptop, many of them mentioned the loud fan as a major con. For example:

...2) The fan is loud. It runs for about 30 seconds, then turns off for 10 seconds, runs for 30 seconds... I hope I get used to this! This didn't happen in the store because the machine was on a cold metal display shelf which kept the unit from getting hot (I guess...

...Cons: the fan! good grief it goes off all the time and is loud. almost to the point of being very loud. it's a celeron. ...i'd recommend this unit if it had a better fan, but i can't possibly ask someone to buy this unit knowing full well that person will hate the fan noise...

Cons: Fan kicks in quite often....

... For a student like me, who does only weekend travels, this laptop is just perfect, except the NOISY fan, which is really irritating sometimes. May be Toshiba should supply some earplugs with this model!

And so on.

The fan turns on when the laptop gets hot. I have read some tips on minimizing the fan usage, for example, setting the power management properties on low. Some laptops have a 'quiet mode' which leaves the fan off, but if the laptop reaches a certain temp, it will simply shut down to prevent damage. Some times dusty fans multiply the noise (this can be fixed using pressurized air to clean out the dust), but this shouldn't be the case for a new laptop.

Overall, this is something to consider when purchasing a laptop. Most laptop reviews give some sort of comment on this aspect of the laptop. Some people are very annoyed; others don't even notice the noise. If you listen to Islamic audio loud enough, you won't here it.

Eltemas e dua

Khodahafiz

• Advanced Member

(salam)

If the noise really bugs you that much, I would go to best buy and return it, if they give you any problems, then I would tell them how they never mentioned to you that its loud like this ... I would switch to another brand, Dell, Sony, Hp, Compaq are all good

If you dont want to do all that maybe you can try finding a way to keep the area you use ur latop on cool ... btw hehe don't keep your laptop on your lap, especially if you are a male as it can, lets just say, lower production and is not healthy

• Advanced Member

Salaam

Thank you sooo much for the replies.. and it didnt make this noise at the store and second thing I really didnt do much research on it before I bought it... so It kinda is my fault but technically they should have a warning on it.. and I bought it in January and when I took it to their "Geek Squad" they told me its normal cuz its powerful so I was like can't I switch it out and pay the difference or whatever cuz it gets on my nerve and she said no.. your just gonna have to tolerate it.. does anyone here work at a bestbuy or know of any ways around this.. i mean i dont want my money back i just want a machine that wont drive me crazy!