In the Name of God بسم الله

Israel-Palestine conflict

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

The British press is a lot more free vs the American press. If u work for any of the main media services (CNN, MSNBC,ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX,etc) and also the wire services like AP, Interpol, etc 

You are told what to report on and what to ignore by your editor / manager. If u go against that even once you are fired and blacklisted from the industry. Recently mainstream media personalities like Katie Halper and Mehdi Hassan were fired and blacklisted for relatively mild comments regarding the genocide that were not 'authorised'. That's how it is and everyone in the industry knows the ' rules'. Katie Halper is Jewish and has her own successful podcast now. I'm not sure what Mehdi Hassan is doing. 

I stopped watching those stations and found alternatives along time ago. It has gotten to the point where many people in the US watch Al Jazeera English for news on Palestine before they will watch CNN

I was actually in the US recently, and i found the news channels absolutely awful. Wallahi, i often thought to myself, how do the Muslim community handle or manage the bias there? Plus, it's incredibly tacky. Look at the way the women dress, and look at how overly over the top it is. I know the BBC is also very biased, but it's far more serious.

Mehdi Hassan was enormous in the UK, then Aljazeera and then had a stint on MSNBC. It's a shame they Israeli lobby is extremely powerful. He ruffled a lot of feathers, including official member of Israel's government in some of his interviews. I was shocked he was allowed to do that.

TYT on YT has covered the conflict fairly from a US perspective to be honest with you.

Back when PressTV was allowed, i remember being a lot younger and as a family we would switch between that and normal TV channels, even as outsiders and you'd see just how biased it was. It was horrific in those days.

It still is.

<>

Has any media outlet covered your protests at all?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Abu Nur said:

Biden repeated the statement of people of Ad:

As for ’Ȃd, they acted arrogantly throughout the land with no right, boasting, “Who is superior to us in might?” Did they not see that Allah ˹Himself˺, Who created them, was far superior to them in might? Still they persisted in denying Our signs. 41:15

Absolutely spinechilling subhanAllah. 

• Moderators

There's one other thing that is difficult for people outside the US to understand, but it's very significant, in terms of this situation. In the US, it's difficult to find someone under 30 who is pro Israel, unless theyre actually Israeli and happen to be living in the US. There are those, but they are a small percentage of the population. Even a large number of jews under 30 are not pro Israel, if you can believe that but it's true. 

At the same time it's difficult to find someone 60 or older who isn't pro Israel and anti-Palestinian. These people were raised most of their life in a time when there was a clear narrative which almost everyone accepted which was Israelis were the poor victims of the Holocaust who were given their own country to make up for that and that they deserved this and this was their right. Also for those people, the Holocaust was not a historical event but many had parents who were actually in WWII or in the camps. This group of people are currently the leaders of businesses, media, etc, so they call the shots and they make the decisions about what happens and what doesn't. 

This is changing as we speak, and as the younger generation takes over more and more (which always happens) and they take more of a backseat you will see US policy toward Israel changing. Israel knows that and that is why they are panicking and making moves right and left to try to figure out a way to stop this. They can't stop it. As it says in the Quran 'They plan and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners'. Israel is wholly dependent on the full support of the US for its existence. This has never been more clearly demonstrated than with the current conflict and the votes in the UN, with Israel and the US on one side and the rest of the world on the other side. Without the US, Israel is a small country of 7 million up against the entire world. They have no chance. At most, the very most, Israel had another 30 years but with this current genocide going on I actually think it shaved off about 20 of those and they have another 10 to 15 at most. Maybe less maybe alot less, InShahAllah. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

American people in mass should protest ageinst their leaders and corporations who controls them and demand big change. It seems no one really cares to do anything. This will have consequences that the country will be destroyed inside. 

We have been protesting. I attended 3 protests (1 in San Francisco and 2 in Spokane, one coalition gathering at a private home, one university forum led by an Iranian professor, met with a group of activists to send postcards to politicians, and curated a Palestine art exhibit at a local library for the month of February. There was at least a hundred thousand people at the San Francisco protest but it was covered by local news as “thousands.” Also boycotting Starbucks. It doesn’t seem to make a big difference with regards to policy at the state and national level. Insha’Allah that will change soon. 

Edited by Azadeh307

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

Has any media outlet covered your protests at all?

The first protest in Spokane I attended was covered by the local news but the subsequent ones were not. There was some local news coverage when the city council meeting was abruptly shut down to the number of people speaking on behalf of Palestinians and the local officials feeling unsafe. The police made everyone leave. The local government made a pro-Israel resolution which was protested at every city council meeting. With regards to the San Francisco protest I attended it was covered but the press minimizes it with headlines such as “thousands protested” when it is “200,000” and hundreds of thousands would have been a more accurate description for the headline. 

• Veteran Member
17 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

American people in mass should protest ageinst their leaders and corporations who controls them and demand big change. It seems no one really cares to do anything. This will have consequences that the country will be destroyed inside. 

In my city there has been a protest and march every single Sunday since October without fail. People here are definitely protesting alhamdulillah. Although I have to say, the turnout from our Shia community had been shameful. Honestly it is mostly whites/Jews, and Sunni Muslims who come out consistently. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

In my city there has been a protest and march every single Sunday since October without fail. People here are definitely protesting alhamdulillah. Although I have to say, the turnout from our Shia community had been shameful. Honestly it is mostly whites/Jews, and Sunni Muslims who come out consistently. 

This is a surprise.

While i have major criticism with the ghuluw that has infested our school, the one thing i often do say a lot is politically, it is the Shias who are largely on Haq and have defended the Palestinians.

I don't want to make any judgements but it all depends on the community.

Does any sort of Tatbir or Zanjeer or Qama happen there?

• Advanced Member

Shaykh Hamzah Yusuf speaking about the six year old Palestinian child stabbed to death, his mother also stabbed in the USA 

• Basic Members

Hanania Ben-Shimon is the reservist who killed one of the terrorists in the attack near the A-Za’ayem checkpoint near Ma'ale Adumim on Highway 1 on Thursday.

On Friday morning he published a post in which he updated that his condition is improving and used the platform to send a personal message.

בוקר טוב, אני שמח לעדכן שהמצב ממשיך להשתפר והיום עוד אוכל לדרוך מעט על הרגל, תפילותיכם נענות❤️.בנושא דומה אך שונה, לאחר שהסתובבתי בכל מיני ציוצים ופוסטים שמזכירים אותי, אני מבקש לא להפוך את הפציעה שלי וכביכול מעשה הגבורה לכלי לקידום שיח מפלג או תוקפני.>>>

— חנניה, כי חננה היה תפוס כבר (@hananiabsh) February 23, 2024

"After going through all kinds of tweets and posts that mention me, I ask not to turn my injury and so-called act of heroism into a tool to promote divisive or aggressive discourse."

"I saw posts attacking the members of the government who congratulated me and wished me well, for using me as a hero when necessary and throwing me aside when I asked for rights as a gay person and I saw the use of my name by certain ministers in order to promote ideological-private interests."

"I am indeed a gay man who lacks basic rights at times, and I have a bellyful of raging disagreements on some of the main issues in life, even with my parents, not to mention such and such elected officials."

Protestors shout slogans during a LGBT community members protest against discriminatory surrogate bill in Tel Aviv, Israel July 22, 2018 (credit: CORINNA KERN/REUTERS)Enlrage image Protestors shout slogans during a LGBT community members protest against discriminatory surrogate bill in Tel Aviv, Israel July 22, 2018 (credit: CORINNA KERN/REUTERS)

"And yet I always try to manage these discussions and debates in a respectful manner that does not descend into personal lines, and I would be happy for it to be the same on my behalf," he wrote.

A gun is a plaster, find better solutions

He also addressed calls to increase the number of armed citizens and said "The politicians should also find a better solution, because a gun is a plaster, and it cannot be the solution, certainly not in such death traps, in traffic jams."

Ben Shimon's tweet went viral on social media and drew many reactions.

MK Idan Roll (Yesh Atid) wrote that "not a so-called act of heroism, but genuine heroism, and also a personal example of how a complex discussion should be conducted."

MK Almog Cohen (Otzma Yehudit) also responded to Ben Shimon, wishing him a full recovery and thanking him for saving a life.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/politics-and-diplomacy/article-788574

• Forum Administrators

Some people are saying that the police action was right, because this is not a time for politics and others are posting examples of other occasions where pilgrims have held up flags - without police interference.

My view is that the entrances to the Ka'aba have the following names:

King Abdul Aziz Gate: corresponds to the Yemeni corner.

King Fahd Gate: corresponds to halfway between the Shami corner and Yemeni corner.

Umrah Gate: Corresponds to the Shami (Syrian) corner.

King Abdullah Gate: Corresponds to the Ka'ba spout (mizab)

https://www.muslimacoaching.com/al-masjid-al-haram-gates/

Nothing to do with Islam then and everything to do with politics. Perhaps there is a difference between the entrance and other areas? Perhaps someone could explain?

• Advanced Member

☹️

US airman sets himself on fire outside Israel embassy to protest ‘genocide.

Unfortunately he passed away.

• Advanced Member

Fiends of Israel

A young girl died while vomiting live animal patties - food made of animal feed

May Allah curse the zionist state of Israel, this is now a genocide.

Edited by In Gods Name

• Advanced Member

The Zionists and their enablers are desperate to get a 'peace treaty' by Ramadhan because they know the fury of the Muslims Ummah will only intensify during Ramadhan and may well just boil over and burn a lot of people.

• Advanced Member

Wallahi, these Israeli zionist terrorists, are some of the worst creatures on earth.

They are going through womens underwear, women they've either killed in bombs, or whose children and husbands have been blown up, or who have been forced to flee, and considering them 'trophies'.

UK Charity Honours IDF Soldier Who Rummaged Through Gazan Women’s Underwear | Novara Media

Wallahi, do not buy dates from Israel - a lot of companies are selling them and they are made in Israel. Do not shop at Mcdonalds, do not buy Coke, boycott, boycott, boycott, and use whatever means that is halal and available to resist, intellectually, financially politically.

Edited by In Gods Name

• Veteran Member

On 2/21/2024 at 7:43 PM, In Gods Name said:

@Muhammed Ali If i may ask dear brother, thoughts on the current fiasco in the UK parliament about calls for a ceasefire?

Sorry brother, I don't have anything insightful to share. I have heard that the speaker wanted to maintain his job in case of a Labour win at the next election, so he allowed a vote on their motion to please them.

Galloway says the speaker is a member of Labour Friends of Israel.

On 2/27/2024 at 7:38 AM, In Gods Name said:

The Zionists and their enablers are desperate to get a 'peace treaty' by Ramadhan because they know the fury of the Muslims Ummah will only intensify during Ramadhan and may well just boil over and burn a lot of people.

Ok. Hold up. So I thought a ceasefire was the main thing you guys all wanted? To end the suffering without delay. No? 

Now you guys want to drag it out longer to try to score political points? 

What’s up with that? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kadhim said:

Ok. Hold up. So I thought a ceasefire was the main thing you guys all wanted? To end the suffering without delay. No? 

A permanent ceasefire yes, but what is the point with ceasefire that only last for few days while the enemy will benefit from it? 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, kadhim said:

Now you guys want to drag it out longer to try to score political points? 

What’s up with that? 

Salam,

You have completely misunderstood me brother, and i partly will put it on me for not clarifying.

Of course we want a ceasefire. We have been campaigning for one from the beginning. 

Nethanyahu and the IDF have blown apart over 50-60% of Gaza's infrastructure. Schools, hospitals, homes. They've slaughtered tens of thousands of children, and let me tell you this as a medical professional, that is not even the worst part.

Have you ever been onto a ward of patients with limb injuries? Minor injuries , i mean even a toe dislocation can incapacitate a grown man and keep him from even walking. These children, women, men, elderly, have had limbs blown off, amputated without anaesthesia. So now 3-4x if not more people are disabled, maimed, currently septic, put aside the psychological terror.

<>

However, what i was saying was, why are they in a rush, after the genocide, to suddenly call for a ceasefire or push for one? They know it's nearing Ramadhan. The political fury would boil over and populations of Muslims including those in Arab states, and the West, would completely lose it if they saw this going on in Ramadhan, while they fasted hungrily and felt the pain of those Palestinians more.

Therefore this ceasefire by those murderers is not out of mercy, empathy or care, it's a very cleverly calculated political decision.

2 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

You have completely misunderstood me brother, and i partly will put it on me for not clarifying.

Have I? Maybe I have. Or maybe I kind of caught you folks accidentally saying the quiet part out loud? Who knows? You say it’s the former, so I guess I have to take your word on that.

It just seems to me that if the well-being of these people is really the primary concern, and it’s a matter of dire urgency — which is what everyone has been saying for a while now — this kind of thinking shouldn’t enter the conversation. It should simply be, let’s take every chance to get this done. 

Otherwise it just starts to sound like the “leadership” of Gaza (not even going to dirty my mouth with their name any more): out of one side of their mouth they call for a ceasefire while out of the other side they stonewall any realistic attempt to actually create one — to the extent that Hezbollah is reportedly fed up with their lack of seriousness in helping end this. 

If the well-being of average Palestinians is actually the primary concern (rather than just cynically using the word ceasefire as just another cynical rhetorical weapon), then these political considerations should not even be in the conversation. You should be celebrating any effort to get it done. 

No?

Edited by kadhim

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, kadhim said:

Have I? Maybe I have. Or maybe I kind of caught you folks accidentally saying the quiet part out loud? Who knows? You say it’s the former, so I guess I have to take your word on that.

I will reply to the rest of the post later, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind and heart that i want the Israeli genocide to end. 

Why on earth would i want them to continue to pillage, bomb, maim, and slaughter even more men, women and children?

However, what i want to make absolute clear is, this so-called ceasefire is not for human reasons, Nethanyahu was clear - he wants to raze Gaza into the ground, and in effect, turn it into an inhospitable wasteland that will never recover economically, socially, politically, and force the people of Gaza who remain alive , many maimed and disabled, into the Sinai desert. 

Therefore if he somehow does a U-turn and engages in any ceasefire, he knows, the US knows, that it would be politically lethal for them to carry this on during Ramadhan.

I want to vocalise, expose, and spread their hidden intent, which should be quite obvious. This ceasefire is too little , too late, and born out of pure political calculation, not humanity or any care for the loss of human lives.

• Advanced Member
34 minutes ago, kadhim said:

You should be celebrating any effort to get it done. 

No?

Imagine if someone killed your entire family, bombed your house, your local schools, your local hospital. Then they realised it was a time of the month where religiously, you had to fast, and the entire world and people of your faith would not tolerate further bombing and it would cause your bombers/murderers major political grief.

So, out of pure political calculation and no care for the loss of your life, your well being, or the basic human sense of dignity, they made a treaty to stop right before.

Of course you'd want their slaughter to end, but would you 'celebrate' it?

Or would you lay there, in utter devastation, with your entire world collapsing thinking, too little too late, and not even intended out of empathy and humanity, but slithering political calculation.

We want to the slaughter to end, but by no means will we celebrate it. We will push for a ceasefire, which western governments have not even had the courage to do so, and it has only been us vocalising and advocating for it from the beginning, day by day.

But we hardly will say thank you to a man who very likely is going to be in eternal Hell, if Allah so wills. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, kadhim said:

For a person who insists that he's being mischarachterized as disliking Palestinians while spending 3 months running incorrect, nonsensical Zionist talking points like the following, you like to throw stones and assume the worst of others quite a lot:

Al-Shifa is a command and control center of Hamas (whom you autistically can't name anymore because you're so virtuous, or just don't like "Palis" as you like to do caucasianally put it).

No body wants the Palestinians, they just bite the hand that feeds them. They bear the lion's share responsibility for their own oppression after all.

Or literally any of the other posts you've made, salivating at the prospect of being the smartest jack@ss in the room while a genocide is happening.

If I thought you weren't a munafiq, I would sincerely advise you to practice humility, to not treat everyone you speak to with hostility, to not make su' al-dhann a religion and bad manners a culture, practice charitability, etc, but you're beyond any help. If we tell you we all think you're very smart, will you please go away? JazakumAllah.

Edited by Ibn Al-Ja'abi

6 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

Imagine if someone killed your entire family, bombed your house, your local schools, your local hospital. Then they realised it was a time of the month where religiously, you had to fast, and the entire world and people of your faith would not tolerate further bombing and it would cause your bombers/murderers major political grief.

So, out of pure political calculation and no care for the loss of your life, your well being, or the basic human sense of dignity, they made a treaty to stop right before.

Of course you'd want their slaughter to end, but would you 'celebrate' it?

Or would you lay there, in utter devastation, with your entire world collapsing thinking, too little too late, and not even intended out of empathy and humanity, but slithering political calculation.

We want to the slaughter to end, but by no means will we celebrate it. We will push for a ceasefire, which western governments have not even had the courage to do so, and it has only been us vocalising and advocating for it from the beginning, day by day.

But we hardly will say thank you to a man who very likely is going to be in eternal Hell, if Allah so wills. 

It’s a situation where politics is going to enter the thinking. That’s just inevitable. 

But it’s not like the Americans are just suddenly this week perking up interested in helping broker an agreement. They were involved in the first temporary one some time back. And Blinken has been flying all over for weeks/months talking to everyone involved trying to reach a new agreement with reality-based terms. 

Unfortunately, it takes two to tango and the Gazan “misleadership” in “L’âne du jambon” seem largely uninterestedmaking unserious and absurd demands (unilaterally disengage and release all our worst so that we can get planning to start this all over again next October) that they know are non-starters. 

Again, because they don’t give a single solitary **** about average Palestinians and their suffering. 

Edited by kadhim

• Advanced Member

Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Ra'jioon

I can't stand this anymore. Wallah. We as an Ummah are utterly impotent. How on earth can TWO BILLION of us , surrounding ISRAEL allow this to happen?