Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Calgary Mosque

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam alaikum,

There is only one permanent Shia center. It is mostly Pakistanis and Indians. The Sheikh is very good, he is Indian.

The Iraqis are in two groups, and rent halls for their programs.

The Lebanese, are one group, but they also rent halls or community centers for their programs.

I will get some contact information together for you and PM it to you.

Are you living in Calgary?

WaSalaam, Hajar

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Thank you brother. Yes I am living in Calgary.

The Iraqi group, do they have weekly Thursday Magrab and Jumaa prayers?

Wa'Salam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salaam alaikum,

I really don't know what they have. I don't go to their programs. I believe everyone goes to the Pakistani center for jumaa prayers. I don't think anyone has it seperately, except the Sunnis of course.

NEway, I am a Sister, I will ask my husband for someone's phone number, as soon as I get a chance to talk to him. We live in Calgary too.

WaSalaam, Hajar

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Basic Members

Salam,

There are a few Hussainyas actually. The main one is the Hussaini Association of Calgary, it is located in the NE part of the city and is often organized by Pakistanis and Indians. A few blocks away from that centre is an Iraqi Hussainya. There is also a Lebanese and Iranian Hussainya in Calgary. The Lebanese and Iranian centres are not actual masjids, more like rented areas and such. If you wish, I can get the contact information for all. :)

Enaya

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam. are there any arabic centers which hold weekly programs? And does anyone know what the MSA of u alberta is like? Also availability of halal food around u alberta? thanks

(bismillah)

(salam)

U-Alberta is in Edmonton, not in Calgary. The main University in Calgary is UofC. I am not sure what the TMA(Shia MSA) in Edmonton is like but the one in Calgary is pretty new and small in size. I was on the Exec team and know most of the members there. They are friendly people but overall, our team is not as strong as other teams that are found in bigger Shia Communities like in Ottawa. Hope that helped.

(wasalam)