Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pakistan cricket tour of India 2005

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
Nice batting by Inzamam and Younis, too bad it will go in vain.

India is 121-1, which is decent. They just have to tap away, kinda like batting practice. The only way Pakistan can win is to get a follow on, which is going to be difficult.

By the way, I don't see alishaan beta. Kahaan ho mere laal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still three full days to go.i think india got a heavy roller before the start of their innings,sami recorded 149 k`s today.i wonder whats sehwag doing with his short-pitch deliveries ?? he is making a whole mess out of them.he should either be ducking under them or hook them if possible.

this series is 70% in india`s pocket.

indian pocket contains only a drawn test at banglore though.thats all they need right now.

zain !

You re` lacking decency levels these days. :D

why re` you messing with a 13 yr old !?!?

aap ki buzurgi ka taqaza yehi hai kay let the kid out of it

btw. Is that what you call laal !?!?

post-2198-1110663357.gif

Edited by asifnaqvi
  • Veteran Member
India will follow on and lose all 19 wickets, InshaAllah..

:rolleyes:

No, it won't

A huge target---> Huge pressure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are still optimistic rather than realistic. This sounds just like last year :P

India are on top at the moment...Seems like the game is drifting away from Pakistan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is Shia Payne! I don't wish to feel your pain... :!!!:

zain !

You re` lacking decency levels these days. :D

why re` you messing with a 13 yr old !?!?

You guys are the one who sent a non-baligh on the battlefield against the Gladiator (Zain B) ).

aap ki buzurgi ka taqaza yehi hai kay let the kid out of it

This will be a good lesson for the kid to beware of Zain in the future. He will get nightmares, I basically scarred him for life.

btw. Is that what you call laal !?!?

post-2198-1110663357.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Laal will be alishaan's butt after getting spanked by me.

• Advanced Member
You guys are the one who sent a non-baligh on the battlefield against the Gladiator (Zain  ).

This will be a good lesson for the kid to beware of Zain in the future. He will get nightmares, I basically scarred him for life.

no one sent him,but u grabbed him into it with your tennis net.if i would be the responsible for team management,i would first change inzi from captain to a player & the same team would be a fort hard to invade.

as far as lesson is concerned,i remember my nephew once saying,

" agar koi pitt raha hai tou usay pitnay do,dont help him at all.he will stand on his feet one day"

zain whats your predictions for the one day series ??

Guest DjibrilCisse

India trail by 394 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

India 176/2

SR Tendulkar (RHB) 4

V Sehwag (RHB) 113

Dravid, who's been batting very consistently and patiently throughout the series finally seems to have lost the consistency in his hometown of Bangalore. I was expecting at least a 100 from him, and that too a slow time-consuming one, but it looks like the rest of the Indian batsmen are going to have to perform for once.

Great batting from Sehwag right from the beginning, even though I think he's going just a little but too fast. Two Mahrashtrians at the crease now. Tendzulkar starts his innings with a four (this has always led to an early finish! Lets hope he keeps his head and makes some solid runs today)

India is 121-1, which is decent. They just have to tap away, kinda like batting practice. The only way Pakistan can win is to get a follow on, which is going to be difficult.

They've got 2 days and a half to take 18 wickets. If the Indian top order can patiently pass the rest of the day on the crease, (maybe losing one wicket, but mroe realistically, 2) that gives Pak 2 days to take 14 wickets.

However, India are less than 200 runs away from a follow-on, so Pak are probably going to start batting after tea tomorrow on day 4. This will be their dilemma because either they'll smack till the end and then declare so they can bowl India out in one day (tough task), or they'll accept their series defeat and play for a draw. It all depends on this afternoon. If India still have 6 wickets remaining by the end of the day the series is theirs.

The main problem for Indian batsmen in test cricket is that they seem to have trouble staying at the crease. They can hit the runs but they cant last long enough (except Dravid).

too bad it will go in vain.

No, it won't

A huge target---> Huge pressure.

The huge target has made it all the more easier for India. In the case of a follow-on, they just have to survive an innings without being bowled out. Pakistan took nearly 2 days just to make their runs, which gives them less time to bowl out the Indians.

By the way, I don't see alishaan beta. Kahaan ho mere laal?

Probably playing in the park on the swings.

India are on top at the moment...Seems like the game is drifting away from Pakistan.

Its a damn hard game to win. Its looking like a draw from all angles. But if there's any hope for you guys, its Kaneria. He's capable of doing a Kumble and ripping through the batting order.

You guys are the one who sent a non-baligh on the battlefield against the Gladiator

Once they're baligh they understand not to mess with the Indians. Next time you see a paki trash-talking you know he's a na-baligh :P

• Veteran Member
zain whats your predictions for the one day series ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will be honest, it will be a good series and both teams have a good chance. But I will pick India cause they have a better batting lineup, the bowlers from both teams seem equally matched. Afridi is a timebomb, who is not consistent. The only player which is dependable is Inzamam, the rest just have thier days.

Congratulations My hum-watans. We have won this match!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slow down there cowboy.

Man tendulkar was out caught behind!!!! It was a clear edge but Billy Bowden did'nt give him out.. :mad:  :mad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a conspiracy I tell ya :!!!:

257 for 2.

The only way Pakistan can win is with a follow on. Need to get 113 to avoid follow on. Piece of cake...yaaaaaawn.

Edited by Zain
  • Advanced Member

Actually you know what...We have all been talking about India avoiding the follow man and then the match ending up in a draw..but even if India do avoid the follow on but we manage to get a healthy lead, then maybe we can bat score a quickfire 300 and let India bat on the last day hoping that the pitch gets more conducive to spin...Far fetched but a possibilty nontheless.

• Advanced Member
InshaAllah, we'll draw the series, and show you

The height of paki ambition.. :rolleyes:

The pakis are pansies!!!

We can all see that all they want is a draw...no fire... no ambition...they know they cant win....this match will most prolly be a draw.

Hussain bhai-

You are a feminist? :huh:

And now when Chakkas hit some chakkas, your the one with boldest fonts and most pumpy butt!!

Shahid afridi tries hard(beard and all) but still looks like a chakka.

351-5 now.

Sehway was good.. :D

And ofcourse,Balaji.... :!!!:

• Veteran Member

371 for 5. Follow on was avoided. (Which I predicted B) ).

This pretty much wrapped up. India will bat for the rest of the day, maybe waste half the day tomorrow if they get lucky.

Wait and watch baby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am watching darling, you still in denial?

Edited by Zain
  • Veteran Member
Zain you are being a little optimistic I would say...It is not as easy as you make it sound buddy..India will have to bat out the whole of day 5..And I tell you, that won't be all that easy..Oh by the way kartik just got out...374/6

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's called confidence B) . Karthik is useless anyways, they should have had Kaif. The day is pretty much over, hopefully India can kill some hours tomorrow.

Guest DjibrilCisse

Thats the end of Day 3. India 379/6

India trail by 191 runs with 4 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

_40965153_hookshot.jpg

India would have done better to have been left with 6 wickets but due to some poor batting by Ganguly (this isn't even surprising anymore) and an unusually short innings by Dravid (what happened there!) the situation is a bit more delicate than expected. Sehwag was brilliant of course, and managed to save the day with a double century (more than half the total score).

India: India need to use as much time as possible tomorrow morning and its a bonus if they can survive until lunch. After that they've got over a day and a half to make sure that when they eventually have to bat (preferably not before day 5) they don't get bowled out. Runs dont even matter.

Pakistan: Pakistan have to make sure they get the last few Indian batsmen out as quick as possible, preferably by tempting them to smack. Sacrificing a few runs will be worth the quick wickets through bowling stumping or catching out the batsmen. As it is they have a 191 run-lead. By lunch Pakistan will have to have bowled out the Indians, and by tea-time they'll have to give back the batting to India. That makes a very short bracket of batting for Pakistan.

Prediction: It all comes down to lunch (and eventually tea-time) on day 4. If the Indians are still batting, then Pakistan's chances of victory are very low. If the Indians are all out, Pakistan still have an opportunity. I think the Indians will manage to knock out another 90 runs tomorrow and they'll be bowled out shortly after lunch. That gives Pakistan a lead of 100 runs. Pak will keep batting until the end of the day (mistake), and end the day on about 300 runs. India are going to stat their second innings on day 5 and they're going to just about survive the day after losing 7 wickets and making 300 runs.

Result: Draw. Hussain Rizvi shuts his mouth, Alishaan reluctantly opens his mouth.

Man tendulkar was out caught behind!!!! It was a clear edge but Billy Bowden did'nt give him out..

He was wrongly given an lbw decision the other day but I don't see the Indians complaining.

Actually you know what...We have all been talking about India avoiding the follow man and then the match ending up in a draw..but even if India do avoid the follow on but we manage to get a healthy lead, then maybe we can bat score a quickfire 300 and let India bat on the last day hoping that the pitch gets more conducive to spin...Far fetched but a possibilty nontheless.

A good analysis, but I think that the only difference between our predictions is that in my version India survive (and in yours they would survive but you have to give the rest of your compatriots some hope)

Zain you are being a little optimistic I would say...It is not as easy as you make it sound buddy..India will have to bat out the whole of day 5..And I tell you, that won't be all that easy..Oh by the way kartik just got out...374/6

How cute! He knows his teams in deep trouble but he's still trying to convince himself that its going to work out. The pakistani's are softening up :!!!:

The very tone of your last two posts shows that you're one step short of accepting defeat (this has become an annual even in pakistan!)

Karthik is useless anyways, they should have had Kaif.

So true! Kaif is the perfect choice. Try this for a killer test squad:

-Sehwag

-Yuvraj Singh

-Dravid

-Tendulkar

-Laxman

-Kaif

-Parthiv Patel

-Pathan

-Kumble

-Balaji

-Harbhajan

(with Zaheer Khan rotating with Pathan/Balaji)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing that the Pakis are probably extremely nervous, here's something to irritate them:

History always follows a pattern. Eighteen years ago, India played Pakistan in Bangalore in the month of March. The match was keenly poised after three days, with India on 99 for four and chasing 221 for victory.

Then came the Rest Day.

Fourth day of the fifth and final Test: Ravi Shastri was relaxing by the poolside at the Taj West End when Pakistan's Manzoor Elahi got into the festive spirit and hurled him into the pool.

Holi celebrations had just begun.

"It was Elahi who started it all; he threw Ravi Shastri in the pool with all kinds of colours on him. I don't know where the colours came from but it was the Pakistani players who were really excited about it. It was a great occasion. And, if I remember correctly, the pool had to be completely redone after that," recalls former Pakistan captain Rameez Raja.

Shastri, who was at the receiving end, "made sure that everyone else was also thrown in (the pool)."

"It was a great day. Mind you, we were in middle of a serious Test match but it was great fun joining in the celebrations. There was great camaraderie between in teams.

"We played more with water; not much colour, so it wasn't a nightmare after all," continued Rameez.

"Players like Javed Miandad went and dragged out the players from the rooms. Also, few of the Indians went door to door calling out room service and pushed us into the celebrations."

Even though the other players willingly joined in, it was toughest to get Imran Khan out of the room. He locked the door, but the players entered from a different route and sprayed colour all over him. His room was also in a mess.

Rameez regretted that the boys do not have as much fun these days.

"I think there was as much at stake when we played also, but the players are more pressed because of the commercial commitments. But I think the main problem is that cricketers now are married off very early.

"When we played, it was normal not to be married till the age of 32-33. Now the players marry at 23. That means the commitments they have are also huge," said Rameez.

March 16, 1987 was the only occasion Rameez played the festival of colours.

"We didn't play this time. Guess we are too matured for it now."

:!!!:

Pakis taking after their ancestors!

Edited by DjibrilCisse
  • Advanced Member

Too bad follow on was avoided..:(

Doesn't matter, 4 more wickets tom. and then some more runs on the score board and then 10 wickets on day 5..And victory!!! Nothings impossible..

Pakistan took nearly 2 days just to make their runs, which gives them less time to bowl out the Indians.

Yeah..They shouldnt have batted that long, or should have scored quickly..

• Advanced Member

pakistan is cramped for space now.there isnt much time left in this test match.observing the pitch conditions,unless somthing unbelieveable happens,indians re`not gonna give their 10 wickets on the final day(2nd innings).

Only a single day left & india to score 350 runs=> not safe for pakistan.

so the indians have got their agenda going well(including their Na Mardana :!!!: decesion to prepare this dead track at banglore :D ) unless somthing really fishy takes place.

Shahid afridi is being under-rated as a spinner in this match.he even compelled sehwag to pay some respect to him.arshad khan proved to be a sheer disappointment,he made no impression whatsoever.infact pakistan proved to be a bit lucky to get 6 indian wickets,thanx to some rash shots they played.

Indians may start celeberating if their tail is not removed before lunch on the 4th day. :D

Edited by asifnaqvi
  • Advanced Member
The very tone of your last two posts shows that you're one step short of accepting defeat (this has become an annual even in pakistan!)

Lol..It's just that I am being realistisc. And we have'nt accepted defeat yet. It's still any body's game ..

• Advanced Member
Doesn't matter, 4 more wickets tom. and then some more runs on the score board and then 10 wickets on day 5..And victory!!! Nothings impossible..

Yeah..They shouldnt have batted that long, or should have scored quickly..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like this. :) The tone & expression of this post must be appreciated.

Your cricketing sense sometimes catches me with surprise.females have every right to take interest in cricket,but they usually dont do it.

I must admitt that you re` among a few females here who understand the techanicalities of cricket.

whats the reason behind it ??

Is it the atmosphere at home ? I mean ur father or ur brothers taking deep interest in cricket or what ??

I am also interested in knowing that did u ever played cricket by urself,specially with the hard ball !?!?

• Advanced Member

/\ My brothers are watching cricket ever since...too long..

So I also got stuck to watching cricket..And I remember that whenever I wanted to change the channel, my bro.s insisted on watching cricket.I couldn't help not watching cricket..:P But I am following matches since the world cup we lost..

Yes, played cricket with friends at skool, with a hard board (folder) and the ball..:Hijabi: It was fun..

• Advanced Member
I am watching darling, you still in denial?

Honey, Just watch how afridi bowls kumble out immediately after the lunch, afridi scores a quickfire 80 and the rest build up a total of around 250 before the stumps. India loses the wicket of sehwag as well before they call it a day. India requires around 360 in the second innings with one day left. Impossible task, so they try to force a draw. Pakis set up an attacking field. Dravid scores a 50 but the rest of them fall quickly, afridi being the main wicket taker. Pakistan beats India by 67 runs.

Result: Draw. Hussain Rizvi shuts his mouth, Alishaan reluctantly opens his mouth.

Wishful thinking my skinny french homebwoy. Be ready to show ur embarrased face on the 22nd of april.

Hussain bhai-

You are a feminist?

Alhamdulillah @)

Edited by Hussain rizvi
  • Advanced Member
1.6 Balaji to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, width outside the off stump, smashed

over the mid-off fielder, cracking shot! just what Pakistan need

at this stage

1.5 Balaji to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, drifting down the leg side, Afridi

moves forward and across and turns it away fine, ball races away

to the fine leg fence, Afridi off to a good start here!

PATHAN POWER!!!!!

Edited by Hussain rizvi
  • Advanced Member
8.3 Pathan to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, four more! angling across, played

well wide of the gully fielder, third man had no chance, Pathan

being taken apart here! Afridi on fire at the moment

8.2 Pathan to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, slightly short, pulled away to the

midwicket fence, Afridi at his best!

8.1 Pathan to Shahid Afridi, SIX, MAX! short ball, Afridi takes on

Harbhajan at deep square leg and clears him comfortably, kept

everybody interested till the last moment, amazing shot

Who is the real pathan???????????????