Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

SAYED AMMAR NAKSHAWANI

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

the shia guy i live with gave me some of his dvds

intelligent on the surface but he has the ultimate aura of pretentiousness about him

i also wouldn't call someone with a an islamic studies (orientalist) degree from a western university anything near a talib ul ilm

he sure can manipulate the emotions of anaudience though

He never claimed to be a talib ul ilm. Who said he was?

His supporters say he is a well educated, well spoken Islamic speaker. And so he is. May Allah bless the righteous and educated servants of the Ahlul Bayt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bismillah Salamun alaykom, He certainly has good command of English and indepth knowledge of Islamic history, which is a merit that must be appreciated. However, I find his lectures lack of spirituali

He is one of my favorite English lecturers especially when it comes to Islamic History. I would also recommend listening to Br.Hasanain Rajabali (very spiritual and quite humorous) & Sayed Mahdi M

I believe he is fantastic. He is has great memory, and to be honest he is one of the few English lecturers I can listen to without my mind wandering off. People will always criticise him for some vari

• Advanced Member

Salaams, YAM

He is a good enough lecturer.

However, Sayyed Mahdi Modaressi in my opinion is a lot, lot better. Nothing against Mr Nakshwani but the Sayyed for me has a lot more dynamisn, better delivery and his depth of knowledge both Islamic and Non-Islamic is impressive.

WS

• Advanced Member

Salaams, YAM

He is a good enough lecturer.

However, Sayyed Mahdi Modaressi in my opinion is a lot, lot better. Nothing against Mr Nakshwani but the Sayyed for me has a lot more dynamisn, better delivery and his depth of knowledge both Islamic and Non-Islamic is impressive.

WS

Mr.Nakshawani?? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) clearly you have nothing against him!

Edited by janali
  • 2 weeks later...

Syed Ammar is one of the best speakers in our community, he has good knowledge, i would like him to speak on Muta (temporary marriage) and clarify all the doubts that our youth have because of the sunni community about muta.

MashAllah he is great. I have learned so much from him. I find his approach to the speakers and use of sense of humour very inviting. Indeed he is a gift to the shia community and one shouldn't undermine his knowledge/skills. I feel blessed to have been able to listen and understand his lectures

As for muta, i think he speaks about it here: http://www.sayedammar.com/main/zina/Ramadhan%20-%202009 (the controversy surrounding temporary and permanent marriages)

• Advanced Member

MashAllah, he is suck a great speaker and scholar. I was suggested to watch him about 2-3 weeks ago, I since then have watched him everyday. I have also suggested him to friends, some of which are sunni, like him also. I must say he is one of the best English speakers that I know about... I would love to meet him in person, to see if the passion through the Majdis is the same in person.

Salam,

Drema

• Advanced Member

MashAllah, he is suck a great speaker and scholar. I was suggested to watch him about 2-3 weeks ago, I since then have watched him everyday. I have also suggested him to friends, some of which are sunni, like him also. I must say he is one of the best English speakers that I know about... I would love to meet him in person, to see if the passion through the Majdis is the same in person.

Salam,

Drema

Either that's a typing error or you think sayid ammar is a sunni?

Well.. he ain't.

• Advanced Member

Either that's a typing error or you think sayid ammar is a sunni?

Well.. he ain't.

No I was not suggesting he was. Obviously he is not. If you re-read my wrighting, you will notice that I was saying that some of my sunni friends like him, also.

Sorry for the confusion,

Drema

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Sayed is an amazing speaker he actually gives ref with his talking I have never heard him stutter. He explains things in great depth and leaves us with no doubt. His lecture on maula ali (a.s) was amazing I have never heard of such a lecture may Allah s.w.t bless him and grant him every success in life inshallah

Ali ali

• Advanced Member

Mashallah, Sayed Ammar is an amazing speaker. His knowledge is immense and his delivery is to the point.

I have purchased all his lectures on DVD to break out in shia/sunni debates as well as all his lectures on MP3 for my Ifone.

I travel alot by train everyday and if im not reading, im listening to his lectures.

His lecture on Certainty in Islam is one I can relate to so much and listening to him helps improve my Knowledge about the

understanding of our Great Faith.

May The Almighty Allah (swt) carry on showering you with his unlimited blessings Brother Sayed Ammar. Ameen.

YA ALI (as)

• 2 months later...
  • Basic Members

Me & my family all very much enjoy watching ammar nakshawni on ahulbayt t.v he explains his points very clearly & holds the listeners attention.his knowledge is vast & delivered perfectly inshallah i will have the pleasure of seeing & hearing 1 of his talks in person.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Sayed Ammar Nakshawani is a good orator, and he is knowledgeable in both history and Sunni/shia dialogue.

But this does not make him exempt from being accountable for his actions.

He was warned on several occasions not to bring the wayward opinions like that of Shariati on the minbar of Imam Husayn (as) as an authority on Islam. And for another issue which he hasn't mentioned so I will not let the cat out of the bag unless he does so himself.

Once in a private meeting with the AB Admin and several times by email in which he replied in a cavalier way.

ABTV admin has no animosity towards him and was only advising him as a brother would and the decision to remove him was to make people aware of Shariatis deviation and alhamdullah it has done that. And to make him aware of the other issue which is still covered so I will keep it that way.

What he should do is accept the criticism given to him by ABTV and look at the bigger picture which is Islam.

May Allah guide us all to truth and steer us clear of deviation.

• Basic Members

Honestly I love his lectures.... I am aware that everyone has their opinion but when it comes to someone that speaks about Islam is trying to do a good thing, it shouldn't matter if you like his lectures or not... you should say they are good because what is bad to you is necessarily not what other people would describe as bad... so give them the incentive to want to listen to someone because who knows his lectures might change the person for the better... he is actually in Dearborn right now and he is giving lectures for Ramadan... he is bringing in a great crowd and I love the fact that many of our youth here are coming to his lectures and coming back... To answer your question, the people in Dearborn love him. I think he is a very knowledgable speaker and is quite easy to understand. He goes out of his way to do a good thing in the name of islam, he didn't have to come all the way over to the US but he did and we are greatfull to him.

Honestly I love his lectures.... I am aware that everyone has their opinion but when it comes to someone that speaks about Islam is trying to do a good thing, it shouldn't matter if you like his lectures or not... you should say they are good because what is bad to you is necessarily not what other people would describe as bad... so give them the incentive to want to listen to someone because who knows his lectures might change the person for the better... he is actually in Dearborn right now and he is giving lectures for Ramadan... he is bringing in a great crowd and I love the fact that many of our youth here are coming to his lectures and coming back... To answer your question, the people in Dearborn love him. I think he is a very knowledgable speaker and is quite easy to understand. He goes out of his way to do a good thing in the name of islam, he didn't have to come all the way over to the US but he did and we are greatfull to him.

Salaams

His Lectures are excellent or may I say beyond excellent....I have travelled with him on Ziarat trips a few times and the trip is amazing due to his lectures as well as his knowledge...

If you are interested on going on a Ziarat trip with him as your spirtual leader check out the link below

www.spiritualjourneys.co

• Veteran Member

ABTV admin has no animosity towards him and was only advising him as a brother would and the decision to remove him was to make people aware of Shariatis deviation and alhamdullah it has done that.

I doubt it has made that many people aware of Shariati's 'deviation', since most peoples still probably don't know why Nakshawani was removed, or know anything about Shariati's views. It seems to me that it would have been better to simply show a lecture or do a show on Shariati, showing why he is supposed to be a deviant. Removing a popular lecturer over such a small issue as a difference of opinion about a certain individual, when the pro-Shariati views were not even expressed on Ahlulbayt TV, seems very heavy-handed.

• Basic Members

Bismillah

Salamun alaykom, He certainly has good command of English and indepth knowledge of Islamic history, which is a merit that must be appreciated. However, I find his lectures lack of spirituality and his addressing is rather aggressive....

I'd recommend everyone to listen Sh. Hamza Sodagar.

Regards

• Advanced Member

I doubt it has made that many people aware of Shariati's 'deviation', since most peoples still probably don't know why Nakshawani was removed, or know anything about Shariati's views. It seems to me that it would have been better to simply show a lecture or do a show on Shariati, showing why he is supposed to be a deviant. Removing a popular lecturer over such a small issue as a difference of opinion about a certain individual, when the pro-Shariati views were not even expressed on Ahlulbayt TV, seems very heavy-handed.

Point taken, but Nakshawani is letting them know that this is the reason why, so people will then look into Shariati and see his deviation.

But there is a second issue of even more importance and seeing that he hasn't addressed it, obviously he also acknowledges that it should remain concealed.

• 2 months later...
  • Basic Members

I believe he is fantastic. He is has great memory, and to be honest he is one of the few English lecturers I can listen to without my mind wandering off. People will always criticise him for some various reasons, but at the end of the day he is doing his part for the mission of the Ahlulbayt and I know many people who have come towards Shia Islam just because of his lectures.

May Allah bless him

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

I had the pleasure of listening to Sayed Ammar twice, once on Thursday night and again this morning. He is without a doubt a great speaker and a good ambassador for Islam. I especially love his hair, because in the Lebanese community this is one of the signs of being an az3ar (a delinquent), so I find it an in-your-face to all the people who follow a deformed way of religion.

He comes across as a good person, but I don't know him as well as our British brethren. May Allah grant him long life and service to Islam.

Wassalaam

Really ? I have had no idea about that. Please give me a reference I could refer to verify that long hair was a sign of an azadar or shia of ahlulbayt. I do have a vague idea of the couple of signs of a shia in the days of Imam jaffer until abbasids vanished. But never came across that.

Anyways, As far as Sayed Ammar is concerned. It is strange that in our communities today, people have started making small groups with their opinions. Alhamdolillah we had an established rule of Infallible Imams [ams] and Ulema to refer to or esle this earth would have been demolished ! Literally !

A person is a speaker, he defends Islam from Atheists, Christians, Jews, Wahabbis, so called Ahle Sunnah wa jama'a, things in our own sect, History, science and maths, Authentication and so much knowledge that ears yearn since ages from mimbar. Name me 10 Ulema who speak on Imam Jawwad [as] for an hour ? We have very few in numbers what are amongst the best ! He is one alhamdolillah. One should not listen to him blindly as he is mesmerizing in his power when he speaks. One should always ref check anyone he hears with positivity, nevertheless, He is a Gem ! Wikipedia should shed some light on him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

He is one of my favourites, taught me so much about the Imams and I especially enjoy watching one particular lecture in which he discusses the importance of Water.

May Allah increase him in knowledge so he can continue enlighting us all.

Anyone know when he will be in London?

nice brother

Like the many modern english speaking western bred scholars

well educated in Law and Psychology

A Phd (wow)

few years in Iran and Syria

very mainstream Islam

politically correct

lives in enemy headquarters (London , New York and DC )

great disinformation agent

appeals to mainstream dumbed-down modern :Shias.

Keep their masters happy

but great suits and nice watch

• 4 months later...
  • Veteran Member

Salam Alaikum

He is so great, the english - that he use - can be understood, even if you are medium to english.

Please hear his lecure

"A reply to burn a quran, Sayed Ammar Nakshawani, take part 1. Thats the best.The lectures is the best!

Wa'salam

Ya'Mawla