Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hezbullahi 326

is cursing aisha haram?

Rate this topic

me myself is a shia and I believe that cursing the prophets wife is haram because she was the wife of the prophet and I believe that the shias that curse the wife of the prophet are doing a big gunaah. I just came back from multan, Pakistan and I've seen mehfils for cursing aisha and I belive it should STOP. The shias are contradicting themselves if somebody believes I'm wrong please post and share your opinion

me myself is a shia and I believe that cursing the prophets wife is haram because she was the wife of the prophet and I believe that the shias that curse the wife of the prophet are doing a big gunaah. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If she is really a bad woman; then not cursing her is Haram. The least we can do; consider her a bad woman. This is no any benefit of being someone a wife, son or any other relative of a Prophet. If they are bad, they are bad. Period.

(bismillah) (salam)

Tell any shia scholar he will tell you that cursing aisha is haram cursing aisha is like trying to damage prophet mohemmeds dignity thats the prophets wife i am not saying respect her but dont disrespect her i explained this many times if the prophet was infront of you would you dare to curse aysha

or you know what go to alsistani.net or alsistani.org and ask this question maybe you will get the answer

(salam)

Allah (swt) in his pure book sends curses on various types of people, for example in Surah Baqarah verse 161 we read:

"Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting, - on them is Allah's curse, and the curse

of angels, and of all mankind"

In Surah Aal-e-Imran verse 61 we read:

"If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge hath come to thee, say: "Come! Let us gather together, - our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!"

It is stated in Surah Hud verse 18:

Who doth more wrong than those who invent a life against Allah? They will be

turned back to the presence of their Lord, and the witnesses will say, "These are the ones who lied against their Lord! Behold! The Curse of Allah is on those who do

wrong!

Surah Hud verses 59-60:

Such were the 'Ad People: they rejected the Signs of their Lord and Cherisher;

disobeyed His messengers; And followed the command of every powerful, obstinate transgressor.And they were pursued by a Curse in this life, - and on the Day of Judgment. Ah! Behold! For the 'Ad rejected their Lord and Cherisher! Ah! Behold! Removed (from sight) were 'Ad the people of Hud!

Surah Maida verse 78:

Curses were pronounced on those among the Children of Israel who rejected Faith,by the tongue of David and of Jesus the son of Mary: because they disobeyed and persisted in excesses.

Surah Tahreem verses 66:10-11, which incidentally had descended as a warning to Ayesha and Hafsa:

"Allah has set forth an example to the disbeliever's, the wife Of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were both married to two servants from among our righteous servants,but they were deceitful/treacherous to their husbands. And they benefited nothing before Allah on the account of their (husbands). Instead they were told: "Enter the Fire with those who enter." Allah cited an example for the believers, the wife of Pharaoh when she said: "O my Lord, build for me a house in paradise, and save me from Pharaoh and his deeds; and save me from the people who do wrong".

These verses prove that it is the Sunnah of Allah (swt) and his prophets (s.a.w.w) to curse rejecters.But Ayesha should not be slandered ...... she shud be cricticized.

Criticism is perfectly legitimate if it is based on facts whether they are from the sources of Qur'an, Sunnah and annals of history. This is the Shi'a approach when we discuss topics such as this one.

Source >>> Answering-Ansar.org

Edited by YaMola

cursing aisha is not haram, infact the other day i read a hadith by imam sadiq narrated by his grandfather aba-abdullah al hussain (a.s), who said he curses 4 men and 4 women after every prayer, the are: abu bakr,omar,uthman and muwayia and the women are aisha,hafsa, ummul hakm (muwayia's sister) and hind. If u have doubts wether to do it or not purely because she is a prophets wife then dont because Allah (s.w.t) in the holy quran curses prophet nuh and prophet lut's wives!!! i will find the authenticity of the hadith and send it inshallah

wasalam

(bismillah) (salam)

I think people need to differenciate between what one feels in the heart and what one does openly. Firstly and foremost our hearts must be devoted to the love of Allah and the Ahlulbayt(AS). The Ahlulbayt(AS) are what our hearts must desire so we may advance towards protection. To pray for Allah to bless Mohammed (pbuh) and his family is the act that we should concetrate on concerning mankind. Of course Dhikr Allah is the greatest form of rememberence.

Cursing has its time and place and one should be careful when doing it. Mohammed Ibn Abu Bakr was one of Imam Ali (as) most devoute followers and Imam Ali (as) himself an example to mankind. Note how Imam Hussain (as) also prayed for his enemy on the battlefield. This is the mercy and love found in the heart of those closest to Allah. However a natural reaction to the love of those people is an intense hatred for their enemies, but cursing has to in some way be compromised with the akhlaq demanded of us being followers of Ahlulbayt(AS). What I mean by this is that cursing is down to the person depending on his level faith and knowledge, firstly our aim is to gain and to grant that knowledge i.e. Firstly we state the facts:

1) What did Omar and Abu Bakr do to fatima(AS)?

2) What did Muawiya and Yazid do?

3) What did Aisha do during and after the life of the Prophet(pbuh)?

If one concentrates on presenting these questions to ourselves and to our brothers from the sunnis then the person will decide accordingly whether to curse or not, and on him is Allah's judgment.

This brothers and sisters is not my advise but rather the advise of Imam Ali(AS), where he tells us: do not go round cursing or insulting, rather say amongst his deeds were such and such, that way you will have performed your duty.

This is totally in line with the akhlaq of the Ahlulbayt(AS).

As well as this, there is an important naration in Lantern of the path:

Recognition of the Companions

Do not forsake certainty for doubt, and what is clear for what is hidden. Do not pass judgement on what you cannot see because of something you are told about it. Allah (SWT) despises slander and bad opinion of your believing brothers? What then does He think of boldness in attributing a false statement, false belief or lie to the Companions of the Messenger of Allah?

If the excellence of some of them is not clear to you, then leave them to the Knower of the Unseen, and say, 'O Allah (SWT), I love anyone You and Your Messenger love, and I hate anyone You and Your Messenger hate.' There is no obligation beyond that.

This way, nobody will have anything against you and you will have performed your duty and will be totally in line with the teachings of the Ahlulbayt (as)

salams

a simple & straight answer from QURA'N,tat cursing wives of PROPHETS are not haram;

"AlSurah Tahreem verses 66:10-11

"Allah has set forth an example to the disbeliever's, the wife Of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were both married to two servants from among our righteous servants,but they were deceitful/treacherous to their husbands. And they benefited nothing before Allah on the account of their (husbands). Instead they were told: "Enter the Fire with those who enter." Allah cited an example for the believers, the wife of Pharaoh when she said: "O my Lord, build for me a house in paradise, and save me from Pharaoh and his deeds; and save me from the people who do wrong".

ailia

also me post tis one for cursing;

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[i am not sure about this,just to confirm my thinking;

May Allah curse those who disrespect Wives of Prophet

me got this signature very offensive at "AhlulByet discussion fourm".....as i think this should be not allowed here.

i have logic for my claim.

[1]this is a well known hadith from "saheeh-bukhari";

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fatima is a part of me, and whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."

[2]& this is Allah sayings in QUR'AN>>SURA-AHZA'B;

33: 58. Verily, those who malign Allah and HIS Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this world and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them an abasing punishment.

so this the qur'anic decision,to curse those[may be any one] who make Fatima angry.

we all know well about,who & who made Fatima angry.

in my opinion this is a "nasbi-signature".......? & cursing us all...!!!

am i right bro/sis........?

ailia]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

(bismillah)

CURSING THE OPPRESSORS AND THE UNJUST IS A GODLY ACT. AISHA(LA) BY FIGHTING AGAINST AMIR AL MO'MINEEN (as) PROVED HER BELIEF IN ISLAM AND THE PROPHET (pbuh) . BECAUSE IF SHE ACTUALLY BELIEVED IN Allah(SWT) AND RASULULLAH (pbuh) , SHE WOULD NEVER EVEN DREAM OF STANDING UP TO SAYYID AL MUSLIMEEN (as) .

MAY Allah CURSE THE OPPRESSORS.

I just came back from multan, Pakistan and I've seen mehfils for cursing aisha and I belive it should STOP.  The shias are contradicting themselves if somebody believes I'm wrong please post and share your opinion

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Correct me if I am wrong but was it not Ayesha who ordered the attack on the funeral procession of Imam Hassan (as). She had her role in the battle of Jamal and I read this on a site so I am going to narate it:

"Before leaving, she had asked Umme Salma to accompany her. Umme Salma had indignantly refused, reminding Ummul Momeneen Ayesha that the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) had said that Imam Ali (A.S.) was his successor and whoever disobeyed him, disobeyed the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) himself. She also reminded her of the time when he had addressed all his wives saying that the dogs of Hawab would bark at one of his wives, who would be part of a rebellious mob.

On the way to Basra, the rebel army received news that Imam Ali (A.S.) had come out of Madina in their pursuit. When they passed through the valley of Hawab the dogs of the village surrounded Ummul Momeneen Ayesha's camel, barking loudly. She was immediately worried and asked for the name of the place. When she was told it was Hawab, she was shocked and she despairingly cried, "Alas! Alas! I am the wretched woman of Hawab. The Prophet of Allah had already warned me against this."

http://www.ezsoftech.com/islamic/jamal.asp

I am not sure about the authenticity of the latter event but her misdeeds are evident. It is not in the nature of the Imams and the followers of the Imams to make fun of people, but those who would shower arrows at a funeral of a believer... ? Not only a believer... the grandson of the Holy Prophet (pbuh)...??? Abu Bakar was the Father in law of the Prophet.. does it mean he should not be cursed???... Do the shia3 not stand for the opressed and AGAINST the brutes??.. I hope I wasn't offending anyone however... I just despise those people who stood against the Ahlul Bait (as)

Wassalaam and peace be upon all of you people

(bismillah)

Im a bit disappointed in the reply of the shias in this forum. It is very strong and does in no way reflect the morals of the ahlulbayt (as).

Why is it that the people here are so concerned with the judgement of others? We know the deeds of the enemies of the ahlulbayt (as) and we know Allah will be just in his judgement. So get over it!

History is an important topic and we must discuss it, but this discussion IS FRIVOLOUS! WHEN ARE US SHIAS GOING TO CONCERN OURSELVES WITH OUR OWN DEEDS FIRST! WHY DONT YOU THINK IMAM MAHDI (as) ISNT REAPPEARING?!?!

Guys stop going round issuing fatwas. Curse in your hearts if you wish and state facts about the enemies of the ahlulbayt (as) (no problem!) But where are we??!? Where is going to get you telling others this and that is kafir and curse this and that!?!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

There is one person called Husseini, he/she goes round in the forums calling every1 kafir! Im sorry Husseini are you the only Believer? Are you the most pious and everybody else a sinner? Are you infallible and free from sin! Take advice of the Imams (as) and take account of your own deeds first since that is what you will be questioned about lest you end up burning with the very people that you curse!

Allah AKBAR

I personally think that cursing hadrath ayesha is wrong and should be strongly discouraged.

This brothers and sisters is not my advise but rather the advise of Imam Ali(AS), where he tells us: do not go round cursing or insulting, rather say amongst his deeds were such and such, that way you will have performed your duty.

She was the wife of the prophet (Saww) and on that basis she deserves our respect. Further i have never heard Imam Ali (A.S) or his son badmouthing her either.

If relationship really have no merits then whats the big deal about being a syed?

We must refrain from Cursing and abusing Bibi Ayesha.

We must observe what Hz Ali (as) did during Battle of Camel i.e. payed utmost respect to Bibi Ayesha and the reason for that respect was certainly not abu bakr and nor her deeds, but her Title of "Umm-ul-momineen."

We must observe what Hz Ali (as) did during Battle of Camel i.e. payed utmost respect to Bibi Ayesha and the reason for that respect was certainly not abu bakr and nor her deeds, but her Title of "Umm-ul-momineen."

Why do you expect Ali's moral standard from those who curse? They have hadith, sermons, supplications in their books to support their claim.

She was the wife of the prophet (Saww) and on that basis she deserves our respect. Further i have never heard Imam Ali (A.S) or his son badmouthing her either.

If relationship really have no merits then whats the big deal about being a syed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Your argument makes sense and so does Smart01's and bro Hassoon's.. HOWEVER.. I really don't think anyone should be going around giving Ayesha titles like (as) or (ra). Or of you can prove that after the battle of Jamal.. Hadrat Ali (as) or any other Imams for that matter gave Ayesha any of those titles.. I will have no problem in giving her one of those myself.. after all.. we are the shia3 of the Imams (as) right?

As for the "relationship having no merits".. Logic.. I really doubt that Allah (SWT) is going to forgive anyone for just being a syed.. there is no big deal about ones name being a 'syed' if you don't emulate the teachings of the Prophet (SAW) and the Imams (ra)... so don't just respect people for their relationships really and peace be upon all of you

One more thing.. do anyone of you know if Imam Hussain (as) or any other Imams cursed Yazid?

Wassalaam

Edited by Zafaryab

(bismillah) (salam)

the prophet has cursed moawiah marwan and mowiaya son and this is when he saw a camel the person who was infront of it was marwan and the oersonwho was on it was mooawiah and the person behind it was some (i think it was yazid or abusufyann) and the prophet said o god curse the rider and the one infront of him and the one behind him

in the quran also Allah says "and the cursed tree in the quran" the cursed treee was the tree of bani ummayah that means ummayah and his desendents sayedda zainab said to yazid in his balis that he was baghi and so didi sayeda zainab cursed ibne ziyad and imam alsadiq cursed yazid and his family in the ziyarah of imam hussain and in ziyarat al warith allahuma al'an man qatalaka wa dhalamaka was saimeat bithalka faahdiyat bih oh god curse those who killed you and those who opreesed you and those who heard and eccepted it

(salam)

CURSING IS HARAM. PERIOD. END OF STORY

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"...and Allah's curse is upon the liars"

-Surah Aali-Imran, aya 61

I suggest you think before you speak.

(bismillah)

Looks like there are only extreme shias here.

Who said there is anything wrong with cursing?!!? especially in the heart towards the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as) WHOEVER THEY ARE!

There is also another extreme camp.

Which demands every1 to follow what they do and believe in as if it there were the only mumineen and everybody else is kafir!

Guys be moderate and look for the truth with knowledge and wisdom. Dont say things against the Quran and the Ahlulbayt (as) like:

CURSING IS HARAM. PERIOD. END OF STORY

And dont claim every1 else is kafir and you are the only believers. for this is also against Quran and Ahlulbayt (as)

Come on guys, use your brains!

(bismillah)  (salam)

Tell any shia scholar he will tell you that cursing aisha is haram  cursing aisha is like trying to damage prophet mohemmeds dignity thats the prophets wife i am not saying respect her but dont disrespect her i explained this many times  if the prophet was infront of you would you dare to curse aysha 

or you know what go to alsistani.net or alsistani.org and ask this question maybe you will get the answer

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can we get the references/fatawas of shia scholars saying cursing aisha--cursing as in invoking Lanat upon her, and not calling her names--is haram?

Cursing her isn't insulting Prophet (pbuh) . In fact, it was Aisha who insulted Prophet (pbuh) when she came out riding a camel, delivering inflammatory khutbas against her son-in-law, the beloved successor of her husband!

Who drew the analogy between the wives of Noah and Lot and the wife/s of Prophet Muhammad ?!

(bismillah)  (salam)

Tell any shia scholar he will tell you that cursing aisha is haram  cursing aisha is like trying to damage prophet mohemmeds dignity thats the prophets wife

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

I dont see how the 2 relates because Ayesha did a lot of thing which were not islamic. Does that affect how we view the Holy Prophet(saw)? No. Allah swt cursed the uncle of the Holy prophet in the Holy Quran. Everyone will be judged based on their own merits & not because they are related to the Holy Prophet(saw). And so, ignoring everything un-islamic which Ayesha did just because she is married to the Holy Prophet(saw) is not Adil(justice)

Edited by Zareen

ÙSome of us Shi'ites are just extreme - which I realise I was at a certain time - and call Ayisha a slo/t or a bitc/h. I just wonder if it is allowable to say:

The Husband of the **** [pbuh&hp] said: bla bla bla. What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The prophet (pbuh) said to Imam Ali (pbuh) : "Ya Ali , divorce me from my wives who get out from their homes after me. " as a sign that if Aisha will get out from her home (to the Camel war) then she will be no longer on the name of the prophet (pbuh) .

The prophet (pbuh) isn't the husband of Aisha anymore .

if the prophet was infront of you would you dare to curse aysha 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Marhaba... what a sentence.. if I was in front of the Prophet (SAW).. I wouldn't be able to utter a single word.. let alone curse anyone :)

Wassalam

to summarise...

1) Battle of the Camel

2) Her personality

3) Her conspiracy

4) Her going against the prophet's orders

5) Her going against the sunnah

1) She was forbidden to do so by the prophet

2) She was ill-tempered and VERY jealous

3) She and Hafsa conspired against the prophet

4) The prophet said NOT to 'make a display of jahilliyyah' which she did at the battle

5) She denounced shortening of the prayer in travel, which was the sunnah

why NOT curse her ^_^

(bismillah)  (salam)

Tell any shia scholar he will tell you that cursing aisha is haram  cursing aisha is like trying to damage prophet mohemmeds dignity thats the prophets wife i am not saying respect her but dont disrespect her i explained this many times 

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hadith :

... Follow the follower of Imam Ali (as) even if he is the killer of your father and your son , and be the enemy of the enemy of Imam Ali (as) even if he is your father or your son .

Hadith :

"Ya Ali , only a mu'min loves you , and only a munafiq hates you ."

-Aisha hated AhlulBayt (pbuh) so she is a munafiq .

-Aisha is the enemy of Imam Ali (as) so she is the enemy of the prophet (pbuh) .

-A wife like Aisha isn't more precious than a father or a son .

-The Quran curses the enemies of Allah and AhlulBayt (pbuh) .

-Every time you read a cursing verse in the quran , Aisha is included in it directly or indirectly .

If we will follow your statement "cursing aisha is like trying to damage prophet mohemmeds dignity" then :

-The Quran disrespects the prophet (pbuh) by cursing the unbelievers like Aisha .

-The prophet (pbuh) disrespects himself by cursing his enemies wich Aisha is one of them .

-Imam Ali (as) disrespected the prophet (pbuh) by cursing the unbelievers like Aisha .

if the prophet was infront of you would you dare to curse aysha 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Works are by Intentions" .

To curse Aysha because ( she is the wife of the prophet to hurt the prophet (pbuh) )is very different than cursing her because she is the enemy of the prophet and for getting closer to him (pbuh) .

Imam Ali (as) didn't humiliate Aysha after the war , this is because he didn't humiliated anybody in all (as) his life .

But it is enough an humiliation for anybody to live and die without his Imam (as) be pleased with him .

-Every time you read quran you are cursing Aysha

-Every time you hate an enemy of AhlulBayt (pbuh) , you are cursing Aysha .

-Every time you curse Abu Baker and Omar , then you are cursing Aysha and Hafsa .

I think that you got my point .

From the consequences of what you said are that we will soon hear :

Don't curse Abu Baker ," because if the prophet was infront of you would you dare to curse his wife's father ?"

Don't curse Omar ," because if the prophet was infront of you would you dare to curse his wife's father ?"

"...and Allah's curse is upon the liars"

-Surah Aali-Imran, aya 61

I suggest you think before you speak.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Allah's curse." Does that give U permission to curse?

Islam teaches us to be compassionate...

I suggest you read carefully.

"In Surah Aal-e-Imran verse 61 we read:

... Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!"

To invoke means :

-To call on (a higher power) for assistance, support, or inspiration.

- To appeal to or cite in support or justification.

Cursing Aysha is invoking the curse of Allah on Aysha .

Edited by XLEGIONS