Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

is cursing aisha haram?

Rate this topic

hezbullahi 326

• Advanced Member

"The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers" (Quran 33:6)

If you have a problem with the translation, so here are at least 10 translations of this very verse. All say the same thing.

Quran 33:6

The text of the Quran is very clear in this regard that the wives of the Prophet pbuh.gif are our mothers. Hence, Ayesha ra.gif is our mother and anyone who hates or curses her indeed hates his mother

Google how many mothers have harmed and tortured their children, even killing them. Similarly to those God-given mothers, it is possible that an Ummul Momineen might harm her spiritual children. Indeed, similar to how a certain Ummul Momineen had a large amount of people slaughtered on the battlefield. Allah (swt) is the best Judge.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

No it is not haram because Ayesha disobeyed the Quran and Allah because she was told in surah al ahzab verse 33 that to "remain in her house"

Yet she disobeyed the command second she disrespected the Prophet (s) during his life

Also she disobeyed the Prophet (s) by fighting Ali (a.s) because the Prophet (s) said at ghadeer e khuum and at the event of hadith e kisa that he who fights Ali (a.s) fights me and Allah and will burn in hell

Ayesha fought Ali (a.s) at the battle of jamal hence she fought Rasoolallah (s) and Allah

Now ur thinkin she was ummul momineen so what the Quran has said that the wives of the Prophets are your mothers however they can burn in hell an example fo this is:

Allah the Almighty declared: Allah set forth an example for those who disbelieve, the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two of Our righteous slaves, but they both betrayed their (husbands, by rejecting their doctrines) so they (Noah & Lut) benefited them (their respective wives) not, against Allah, and it was said: "Enter the Fire along with those who enter!" (Ch 66:10 Quran)

So this means that the wives of Prophets can burn in hell and will

Hence Ayesha will burn in hell so No cursing her is not haram lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I didn't want to spend my day's cursing her but since u opened up her subject i just want to state something neatly and leave the rest to you brother's sisters.

1. She thought war against Ameer al Mumin Imam Ali (R.A) and cause the first Muslim civil war. So i ask is there any harm cursing her ?

Yet they say that who ever disobeys the Ameer of time is a disbeliever than what were her and muawiya (L.A)

2. She was the one who didn't allow Imam Hasan (A.S)'s body to be buried next to his grandfather (prophet Mohammad (pbuh). So is there a harm in cursing her ?

How can someone stop another person last will yet plus that person who has willed was her husbands beloved grandchild.

The rest is up to you. Probably there are even more of what she did but i just wanted to clarify the most important one's.

Reading the posts here, I see a lot of assumptions:

1. Ayesha ÚáíåÇ ÇáÓáÇã æ ÇáÑÖæÇä did not repent, contrary to authentic reports

2. Accusing her of acts that cant be proven, eg "She was the one who didn't allow Imam Hasan (A.S)'s body to be buried next to his grandfather"

Furthermore, not one post proved their rulings according to the 12 Imams. Did not Ali pardon her? What were the opinions of Hasan and Hussein Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã?

• Banned

no, its totally haram to curse a baghi who rebelled against the rightful caliph of her time, and who was directly - DIRECTLY - responsible for the deaths of 10,000 of her "sons".

if killing one believer is like you have killed the whole of humanity, you fools how much more sin is being responsible for the killing of 10,000 believers???? you think if she just said sorry, that somehow makes everything go away?

• Advanced Member

Reading the posts here, I see a lot of assumptions:

1. Ayesha ÚáíåÇ ÇáÓáÇã æ ÇáÑÖæÇä did not repent, contrary to authentic reports

2. Accusing her of acts that cant be proven, eg "She was the one who didn't allow Imam Hasan (A.S)'s body to be buried next to his grandfather"

Furthermore, not one post proved their rulings according to the 12 Imams. Did not Ali pardon her? What were the opinions of Hasan and Hussein Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã?

Hey, Nafs az-Zakiyya, you were banned yesterday. You do know that, once banned, you are prohibited from joining again under a different nick, don't you?

• Advanced Member

[66:5] If he divorces you, his Lord will substitute other wives in your place who are better than you; submitters (Muslims), believers (Mu'mins), obedient, repentant, worshipers, pious, either previously married, or virgins.

If I threaten my wife with divorce and claim that next one I marry will be a good muslim, this will mean that I am claiming that my present wife is not a good muslim. Same way now look at what Allah is saying about the kind of wife he will give prophet whatever those characterstics are they must be missing from Ayesha and Hafsa.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

cursing is haraam

laan a dua is fard

but the manner of it depends on the knowledge of your audience

it would never be right in front of someone who in all sincerety believes that aisha was the best believing woman

and the most loved by the holy prophet (pbuh)

respect for your fellow human is essential unless limits have been crossed knowingly

(wasalam)

• Basic Members

Cursing is wrong and it creates more misunderstanding between Sunnis and Shias.While a good argument to opposes the actions of Aysha and other Sahabas is correct. I am a Sunni and was told by Shia neighbor that they make dolls of Abu Bakr, Omar and Osman and poke them with needles. My reaction was that they can do what ever they like and it will be judged by Allah. Pakistan is a Sunni country with significant Shia population. Shia have their own mosques, Imamabargah and Ashurah is a national holiday. I have never heard Sunni say bad things about any Shia Imams. The only criticism by Sunnis is about Shia giving high status to Hadrat Ali while some saying he was manifestation of Allah. In Sunni view, Shia have adopted many non-Muslim practices such as blood letting in Ashura processions. Except few people all Sunni regard Shias as Muslims. Even the Ismaili Shiah sect has its own Jamat Khannas and have freedom to practice their beliefs.

Edited by Nahraf

• Advanced Member

no, its totally haram to curse a baghi who rebelled against the rightful caliph of her time, and who was directly - DIRECTLY - responsible for the deaths of 10,000 of her "sons".

if killing one believer is like you have killed the whole of humanity, you fools how much more sin is being responsible for the killing of 10,000 believers???? you think if she just said sorry, that somehow makes everything go away?

she said sorry to show her followers, don't go against imam (saw) look what happened to me,,, the mother of believer............. ehem

[66:5] If he divorces you, his Lord will substitute other wives in your place who are better than you; submitters (Muslims), believers (Mu'mins), obedient, repentant, worshipers, pious, either previously married, or virgins.

If I threaten my wife with divorce and claim that next one I marry will be a good muslim, this will mean that I am claiming that my present wife is not a good muslim. Same way now look at what Allah is saying about the kind of wife he will give prophet whatever those characterstics are they must be missing from Ayesha and Hafsa.

nice one, very interesting brother ,mashallah

Cursing is wrong and it creates more misunderstanding between Sunnis and Shias.While a good argument to opposes the actions of Aysha and other Sahabas is correct. I am a Sunni and was told by Shia neighbor that they make dolls of Abu Bakr, Omar and Osman and poke them with needles. My reaction was that they can do what ever they like and it will be judged by Allah. Pakistan is a Sunni country with significant Shia population. Shia have their own mosques, Imamabargah and Ashurah is a national holiday. I have never heard Sunni say bad things about any Shia Imams. The only criticism by Sunnis is about Shia giving high status to Hadrat Ali while some saying he was manifestation of Allah. In Sunni view, Shia have adopted many non-Muslim practices such as blood letting in Ashura processions. Except few people all Sunni regard Shias as Muslims. Even the Ismaili Shiah sect has its own Jamat Khannas and have freedom to practice their beliefs.

lol, brother, you ever read history about mass killing of shias? you must be living in village of some kind lol sunnis don't say bad things about shias? come on who you fooling? i mean i believe you because i believe anyone, but come on you believe this too? lol. If others didn't hate shias and didn't let them be, this world would have a whole lot of shias right now.

Sunnis and others can't say bad things about imams (saw) because there isn't one thing to say bad, SUNNIS ALSO ARE CLEVER LEARN FROM OTHERS MISTAKES (which is a wise saying) THEY ALREADY KNOW HZ AISHA WENT AGAINST MAULA (SAW) SHE ENDED UP APOLOGISING AND REPENTING (it's aishas sunnath to apologise to maula (saw) after going against maula (saw)in this case) IF THE MOTHER OF BELIEVERS HAD TO REPENT FOR GOING AGAINST MAULA (SAW) THEN WHAT ARE THE SUNNIS TO DO IF THEY SAY BAD ABOUT MAULA? UNLESS YOU WANT TO DO HZ AISHAS SUNNATH GO AGAINST IMAM (SAW) THEN REPENT? LOL OR WOULD YOU DO BETTER THEN HZ AISHA AND NOT GO AGAINST MAULA (SAW) IN THE FIRST PLACE. Infact Other non shiya sects have to forcefully look upto MAULA (saw) thats how much impact maula (saw) has on even his enemies, wow, Just like hz Aisha was forced to look up to maula (saw) if she wasn't the enemy, then was this a friendly war of such?

So blessed is he who see's the light (saw) from his path he is on (darkness) to the path the light (saw) emanates from.. ya Allah, be haqay ahlulbiet (saw) haq maula (saw)

but you must agree making fun/disagreeing of practices that one follows from the bringer of it, is making fun/disagreement not only of the shias (follower) of the practice but also the bringer of it too.

So when you say sunnis disagree (and i say its included with making a mockery of it) with the practices of shias (followers) then also they disagree with the bringer (saw) of the practices too in the same way.

Interesting though, why did HZ Aisha, the mother of believers apologise and repent? after she lost the war? why couldn't she do it before it began?or midway? as per her status she would have easily known she was in the wrong whilst planning for the war? why did she repent /apologise when she was defeated? was it out of fear for her life? is it because she had no option but to apologise? was it quite an embarrasing situation? or did the defeat open her eyes that she was wrong? as before she was in darkness? what does this show about the hadiths comming from the mother of believers? does anyone have any info on the reason why she apologised and repented, it is important as it will give us an idea an insight of what was going through the mother of the blieivers head.

by the way no offence to you or the sunni brothers, it's simply facts that need to be looked at.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

cursing is haraam

laan a dua is fard

but the manner of it depends on the knowledge of your audience

it would never be right in front of someone who in all sincerety believes that aisha was the best believing woman

and the most loved by the holy prophet (pbuh)

respect for your fellow human is essential unless limits have been crossed knowingly

(wasalam)

Bismillah

salaam

can you show me ahadith which say you cannot send lanat on someone who is deserving of lanat if it would offend your audience at the time?

The term tabarra has been used in the Qur'an:

وَمَا كَانَ اسْتِغْفَارُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ لِأَبِيهِ إِلاَّ عَن مَّوْعِدَةٍ وَعَدَهَا إِيَّاهُ فَلَمَّا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ أَنَّهُ عَدُوٌّ لِلّهِ تَبَرَّأَ مِنْهُ إِنَّ إِبْرَاهِيمَ لأوَّاهٌ حَلِيمٌ

(al-hilali and khan 9:114): And [ibrahîm's (Abraham)] invoking (of Allâh) for his father's forgiveness was only because of a promise he [ibrahîm (Abraham)] had made to him (his father). But when it became clear to him [ibrahîm (Abraham)] that he (his father) is an enemy to Allâh, he dissociated himself from him. Verily Ibrahîm (Abraham) was Al-Awwah (has fifteen different meanings but the correct one seems to be that he used to invoke Allâh with humility, glorify Him and remember Him much), and was forbearing.

Tabarra is a Qur'anic concept, and thus MUST NOT be denied.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TABARRA AND CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

Character assassination occurs when one maliciously attacks the character of another. This mainly involves fabricating false allegations against the victim, and on account of that treat him unfairly.

Tabarra, on the other hand, is to reject the evil deeds of evil people, and curse those among them that deserve being cursed! Even the Qur'an has cursed the following people:

1. Mu'awiyah

2. Aisha

3. Yazeed

4. Abubakr, Umar and Uthman

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 277:

Narrated Ibn Abu Mulaika:

Ibn 'Abbas asked permission to visit Aisha before her death, and at that time she was in a state of agony. She then said. "I am afraid that he will praise me too much." And then it was said to her, "He is the cousin of Allah's Apostle and one of the prominent Muslims." Then she said, "Allow him to enter." (When he entered) he said, "How are you?" She replied, "I am Alright if I fear (Allah)." Ibn Abbas said, "Allah willing, you are Alright as you are the wife of Allah's Apostle and he did not marry any virgin except you and proof of your innocence was revealed from the Heaven." Later on Ibn Az-Zubair entered after him and 'Aisha said to him, "Ibn 'Abbas came to me and praised me greatly, but I wish that I was a thing forgotten and out of sight."

the Qur'an itself has confirmed that the hearts of Aisha and Hafsah have saghat (the term used in the Arabic), which means that they have become damaged and would always OPPOSE Allah (azwj) and His Messenger (saw). The Salafis too admit this in a way:

(al-hilali and khan 66:4) If you two (wives of the Prophet SAW, 'Aishah and Hafsah ) turn in repentance to Allâh, (it will be better for you), your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet SAW likes), but if you help one another against him (Muhammad SAW), then verily, Allâh is his Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.), and Jibrael (Gabriel), and the righteous among the believers, and furthermore, the angels are his helpers.

The next verse warns Aisha, Hafsah and other wives like them:

It may be if he divorced you (all) that his Lord will give him instead of you, wives better than you, Muslims (who submit to Allâh), believers, obedient to Allâh, turning to Allâh in repentance, worshipping Allâh sincerely, fasting or emigrants (for Allâh's sake), previously married and virgins.

To cloud the meaning of the verse, the Salafi translators have added "all" in brackets. But, there is NO "all" in the Arabic of the verse! The above verse also proves that apart from the fact that their hearts had become permanently corrupted against Allah (azwj) and His Messenger (saw), Aisha and Hafsah were not true believers or worshippers, and were unrepentant opponents of Allah (azwj)and His Messenger (saw)! Otherwise, if they already had those characteristics mentioned, then the verse would be meaningless.

We read in al-Mustadrak 3/131:

أخبرني محمد بن أحمد بن تميم القنطري ثنا أبو قلابة الرقاشي ثنا أبو عاصم عن عبد الله بن المؤمل حدثني أبو بكر بن عبيد الله بن أبي ملكية عن أبيه قال : جاء رجل من أهل الشام فسب عليا عند ابن عباس فحصبه ابن عباس فقال : يا عدو الله آذيت رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم إن الذين يؤذون الله و رسوله لعنهم الله في الدنيا و الآخرة و أعد لهم عذابا مهينا لو كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم حيا لآذيته

Narrated Ibn Abi Maleeka, from his father:

A Syrian came and abused Ali in the presence of Ibn Abbas. So, Ibn Abbas said: "O enemy of Allah! You have hurt the Messenger of Allah, and those who hurt Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the next, and has prepared for them a humiliating punishment. Had the Messenger of Allah been alive, you would have hurt him".

Both al-Hakim and al-Dhahabi have declared the hadith to be sahih.

The reasoning of Ibn Abbas (ra), is based upon this hadith, recorded on that same page of al-Mustadrak, and declare sahih by both al-Hakim and al-Dhahabi again:

من آذى عليا فقد آذاني

Whoever hurts Ali, has hurt me.

In al-Isti'ab 3/339, this hadith is recorded:

من أحب عليا فقد أحبني ومن أبغض عليا فقد أبغضني ومن آذى عليا فقد آذاني ومن آذاني فقد آذى الله

Whoever loves Ali, loves me, and whoever hates Ali, hates me. Whoever hurts Ali, hurts me, and whoever hurts me, hurts Allah.

It is impossible to hurt Allah (azwj). But, when you hurt His deputies, it is treated as though you have hurt Him too. This is like what we read in this verse:

O you who believe! If you help Allâh, He will help you, and make your foothold firm.

Qur'an 47:7

It is impossible to help Allah (azwj). But, when you help His deputies, you are deemed to have helped Him. Those deputies are His Name. In the Qur'an, we also read:

Verily, those who hurt Allâh and His Messenger, Allâh has cursed them in this world, and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating torment.

Qur'an 33:57

This is the verse cited by Ibn Abbas (ra). So, the simple conclusion is:

1. Whoever abuses, curses, hates or fights Imam Ali (as) has hurt him, whether he is alive or dead

2. Whoever hurts him has hurt the Holy Prophet (saw), and whoever hurts the Holy Prophet (saw) has hurt Allah (azwj).

3. Allah (swt) Himself has CURSED such people eternally.

4. Mu'awiyah and Aisha FOUGHT Imam Ali (as), while the former also CURSED him. Therefore, the duo hurt Allah (azwj). And He eternally CURSED them both.

This is Tabarra by Allah (azwj) Himself, and it is thus compulsory upon all His righteous servants to curse whomsoever He has cursed.

THE HOLY PROPHET (saw) DID TABARRA AT AL-GHADIR

Hadith al-Ghadir, which has been declared mutawatir by even Nawasib like al-Albani and al-Dhahabi, reads:

"Whomsoever I am his master, Ali is also his master. O Allah! Be the friend of whoever befriends him (Ali) and be the ENEMY of whoever is hostile to him".

This is a classic example of Tabarra by Allah (azwj) and His Messenger (saw). In this hadith, we understand that Allah (swt) too does Tabarra of the enemies of Imam Ali (as) and curses them. In fact, this very declaration by the Holy Prophet (pbuh) is a CURSE upon the enemies of Imam Ali (as)!

wasalaam

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

• Advanced Member

عندنا أن من حارب أميرالمؤمنين كافر ، والدليل على ذلك إجماع الفرقة المحققة لامامية على ذلك ، و إجماعهم حجة ، وأيضا فنحن نعلم أن من حاربه كان منكرا لامامته’

And in our view whoever fought against Amir al Mumineen (as) he’s kaafir, and proof for that is agreed opinion of firqatu al-muhaqaqat al-imamiyah, and their agreed opinion is a proof (hujja), and we also know that whoever fought him, he rejected his imamate…

“Biharul anwar” (8/368) quote from Tusi

Ali ibn Ibraheem al-Qummi said in his commentary (vol 2, p 377)

قال علي بن ابراهيم في قوله (ضرب الله مثلا) ثم ضرب الله فيهما مثلا فقال: (ضرب الله مثلا للذين كفروا امرأة نوح وامرأة لوط كانتا تحت عبدين من عبادنا صالحين فخانتاهما) فقال والله ما عنى بقوله فخانتاهما إلا الفاحشة

“Then Allah gave as an example of two of them (Aisha and Hafsa) and said: “Allah sets forth an example to those who disbelieve the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut: they were both under two of Our righteous servants, but they acted treacherously towards them”, and said: by Allah! It’s clear from His words that treachery means nothing but licentiousness..”

`Allama al-Hilli says in Nihayat al-Ahkam (1:274)

والخوارج والغلاة والناصب ، وهو الذي يتظاهر بعداوة أهل البيت ( عليهم السلام ) أنجاس

“The Kharijis, Ghulat and the Nasibi, who is who demonstrates enmity for Ahl al-Bayt `alayhim al-salam, are impure individuals.”

so why is la'een haram? do we have any proofs saying we cannot send lanat in front of those it might offend?

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

ÚäÏäÇ Ãä ãä ÍÇÑÈ ÃãíÑÇáãÄãäíä ßÇÝÑ ¡ æÇáÏáíá Úáì Ðáß ÅÌãÇÚ ÇáÝÑÞÉ ÇáãÍÞÞÉ áÇãÇãíÉ Úáì Ðáß ¡ æ ÅÌãÇÚåã ÍÌÉ ¡ æÃíÖÇ ÝäÍä äÚáã Ãä ãä ÍÇÑÈå ßÇä ãäßÑÇ áÇãÇãÊå’

And in our view whoever fought against Amir al Mumineen (as) he’s kaafir, and proof for that is agreed opinion of firqatu al-muhaqaqat al-imamiyah, and their agreed opinion is a proof (hujja), and we also know that whoever fought him, he rejected his imamate…

“Biharul anwar” (8/368) quote from Tusi

Ali ibn Ibraheem al-Qummi said in his commentary (vol 2, p 377)

ÞÇá Úáí Èä ÇÈÑÇåíã Ýí Þæáå (ÖÑÈ Çááå ãËáÇ) Ëã ÖÑÈ Çááå ÝíåãÇ ãËáÇ ÝÞÇá: (ÖÑÈ Çááå ãËáÇ ááÐíä ßÝÑæÇ ÇãÑÃÉ äæÍ æÇãÑÃÉ áæØ ßÇäÊÇ ÊÍÊ ÚÈÏíä ãä ÚÈÇÏäÇ ÕÇáÍíä ÝÎÇäÊÇåãÇ) ÝÞÇá æÇááå ãÇ Úäì ÈÞæáå ÝÎÇäÊÇåãÇ ÅáÇ ÇáÝÇÍÔÉ

“Then Allah gave as an example of two of them (Aisha and Hafsa) and said: “Allah sets forth an example to those who disbelieve the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut: they were both under two of Our righteous servants, but they acted treacherously towards them”, and said: by Allah! It’s clear from His words that treachery means nothing but licentiousness..”

`Allama al-Hilli says in Nihayat al-Ahkam (1:274)

æÇáÎæÇÑÌ æÇáÛáÇÉ æÇáäÇÕÈ ¡ æåæ ÇáÐí íÊÙÇåÑ ÈÚÏÇæÉ Ãåá ÇáÈíÊ ( Úáíåã ÇáÓáÇã ) ÃäÌÇÓ

“The Kharijis, Ghulat and the Nasibi, who is who demonstrates enmity for Ahl al-Bayt `alayhim al-salam, are impure individuals.”

so why is la'een haram? do we have any proofs saying we cannot send lanat in front of those it might offend?

(salam)

I have a couple of questions to all those trying to justify sending La'anat to Aisha and co.

Fine I accept all the proofs that anyone who fights against the Imam of the time will die the death of Jahiliyah. I concur that Allah has indeed cursed 2 wives of the Prophet (pbuh) , as well as declaring them as liars. Undeniable is the fact that the blood of thousands of Muslims was spilled on Aisha's account.

Here's my questions: Are we the ones worthy of judging? Or do we leave judgement to the Almighty Creator? Did Imam Ali (as) curse Aisha before or after the battle of Jamal?

Do we hold the right to judge whether Aisha deserves Lanat? An ABSOLUTE NO

How do you guys expect the Sunnis to heed us when you openly curse the personalities they revere? Tell me what good comes out of it; we know the history, we know about Fadak, we know about the calamity of Thursday, we know about each and every single event that show these Sunni-revered figures had left a lot to be desired. We KNOW it. How much more do you guys wish to do to attain satisfaction over our history?

We know that the Ahle Bayt is such a distinguished family that no one stands paralleled to them. Then why do we have to go so far as to curse everyone who oppressed them SO DAMN OPENLY? We know they oppressed them, so why can't we leave the judgement to the One God who rightfully deserves it?

I'm tired of people who just don't wish to respect the sentiments of my Sunni brothers, to say the least. Does it MATTER whether it's haram to curse or not? I guarantee you, Allah will ask us in the Afterlife who gave us the right to curse them. (Yazid is a different matter. If someone brings it up, then I'll address that issue too)

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I have a couple of questions to all those trying to justify sending La'anat to Aisha and co.

Fine I accept all the proofs that anyone who fights against the Imam of the time will die the death of Jahiliyah. I concur that Allah has indeed cursed 2 wives of the Prophet (pbuh) , as well as declaring them as liars. Undeniable is the fact that the blood of thousands of Muslims was spilled on Aisha's account.

Here's my questions: Are we the ones worthy of judging? Or do we leave judgement to the Almighty Creator? Did Imam Ali (as) curse Aisha before or after the battle of Jamal?

Do we hold the right to judge whether Aisha deserves Lanat? An ABSOLUTE NO

How do you guys expect the Sunnis to heed us when you openly curse the personalities they revere? Tell me what good comes out of it; we know the history, we know about Fadak, we know about the calamity of Thursday, we know about each and every single event that show these Sunni-revered figures had left a lot to be desired. We KNOW it. How much more do you guys wish to do to attain satisfaction over our history?

We know that the Ahle Bayt is such a distinguished family that no one stands paralleled to them. Then why do we have to go so far as to curse everyone who oppressed them SO DAMN OPENLY? We know they oppressed them, so why can't we leave the judgement to the One God who rightfully deserves it?

I'm tired of people who just don't wish to respect the sentiments of my Sunni brothers, to say the least. Does it MATTER whether it's haram to curse or not? I guarantee you, Allah will ask us in the Afterlife who gave us the right to curse them. (Yazid is a different matter. If someone brings it up, then I'll address that issue too)

(wasalam)

wa salaam

I agree with you on a couple counts, one, no, we are not the ones who will ultimately be the judge, and hadith e qudsi tells us that if we are wrong in our dua of lanat then the curse will come back on our heads.... so, if those who so strongly believe that this curse will not come back on them, feel like when they pray, they also can pray a dua of lanat by name on those who were enemies of the Imam (as) then why is it a problem for you when there are so many proofs?

its a dua, no one is running around praying in the local businesses any dua of lanat in front of sunnis, they will say it at appropriate times, either in qunoot or after salat, or other times as well when and where appropriate, it is also a disassociation of action, so they will be doing their personal best not to repeat any actions that these people did that were haram, so why are you speaking against what people do in their personal time or around other shias?

the solution is simple, if you dont agree then dont do this, if this bothers you do not be in gatherings where it might be done.

wa salaam

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

• Advanced Member

Salaams,

If Allah curses Ayesha in the Quran (all the enemies of the AhlulBayt) then why would it be haram for us to curse Ayesha? Is cursing them by name inappropriate -- that's a totally different question.

Can you tell me the verse where Allah , the Magnificent cursed Aisha.

• Advanced Member

"...and Allah's curse is upon the liars"

-Surah Aali-Imran, aya 61

I suggest you think before you speak.

Well, it says ''Allah's curse is upon the liars''

From that, it does not give any authority to Muslims to curse someone. Allah does not need anyone to curse on behalf for him.

From that, it does not give any authority to Muslims to curse someone. Allah does not need anyone to curse on behalf for him.

He ta`ala does not need anyone to ask for blessings to be given upon someone on behalf of Him either, but that doesn't mean we stop giving salawat upon the Prophet (pbuh).

• Advanced Member

He ta`ala does not need anyone to ask for blessings to be given upon someone on behalf of Him either, but that doesn't mean we stop giving salawat upon the Prophet (pbuh).

Yes but...

^ According to the above, it does not give authority for Muslims to curse someone, unless you can present another verse that does...

• Advanced Member

كَيْفَ يَهْدِى اللهُ قَوْمًا كَفَرُوْا بَعْدَ اِيْمَانِهِمْ وَ شَهِدُوْآ اَنَّ الرَّسُوْلَ حَقٌّ وَّ جَآئَهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ، وَاللهُ لاَ يَهْدِىْ الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِيْنَ. اُولٰۤئِكَ جَزَآوٴُهُمْ اَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةَ اللهِ وَالْمَلَآئِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ اَجْمَعِيْنَ.

‘How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their believing and (after) they had borne witness that the Apostle was true and clear arguments had come to them; and Allah does not guide the unjust people. (As for) these, their reward is that upon them is the curse of Allah and the angels and of men, all together.

(Surah Ale Imran, 3:86-87)

ان الذين يكتمون ماانزلنا من البينات والهدى من بعد مابيناه للناس في الكتاب اولئك يلعنهم الله ويلعنهم اللاعنون

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear in the Book for men, these it is whom Allah shall curse, and those who curse shall curse them (too).

(Surah Baqarah, 2:159)

Edited by GhulameSayyeda

• Advanced Member

I'm glad you picked up on that:

Surely, though as Muslims, we should be doing what Allah wants us to do and therefore love and hate for his sake? But Allah knew that people would come along with such objections so he makes it abundantly clear:

"Those who disbelieved from among the children of Israel were mal'oon by the tongue of Dawood and Isa, son of Marium; this was because they disobeyed and used to exceed the limit."

-Surah Maidah, verse 78

So here we have not only servants of Allah exercising the l'an but also the reasons for why the l'an was adminstered.

But if there was still any doubt now, this verse surely clears it up:

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear in the Book for men, these it is whom Allah shall make l'an, and those who make l'an shall also make l'an upon them.

-Surah Baqarah, verse 159

All that remains to be seen is whether individual X:

- disbelieved

- disobeyed

- exceeded the limit

- concealed the proofs

- concealed the guidance

and there we have it. A list of mal'oon people.

• Advanced Member

and there we have it. A list of mal'oon people.

066.004 Åöäú ÊóÊõæÈóÇ Åöáóì Çááóøåö ÝóÞóÏú ÕóÛóÊú ÞõáõæÈõßõãóÇ æóÅöäú ÊóÙóÇåóÑóÇ Úóáóíúåö ÝóÅöäóø Çááóøåó åõæó ãóæúáÇåõ æóÌöÈúÑöíáõ æóÕóÇáöÍõ ÇáúãõÄúãöäöíäó æóÇáúãóáÇÆößóÉõ ÈóÚúÏó Ðóáößó ÙóåöíÑñ

066.004 If you two turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; But if you back up each other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among those who believe,- and furthermore, the angels - will back (him) up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

I've just deleted various posts that used an offensive word to describe Aisha.

If people reply to such posts, bear in mind that if the original goes, yours will as well, if your reply quotes the original or uses the same word.

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members

ISLAM Revolves Around The Below Equation

(Love Towards PROPHET MUHAMMAD(S.A.W)+ Love For AHL-AL-BAYT(A.S) + RESPECT Pious COMPANIONS(R.A) OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD(S.A.W))

If Any Of This Is Missing, Then ISLAM Is NOT COMPLETE.

So Wake Up People! AHL-E-BAYT(A.S) & PIOUS COMPANIONS(R.A) Of PROPHET MUHAMMAD(S.A.W) They All Shared A MUTUAL AFFECTION,LOVE,ESTEEM & RESPECT Towards Each Other. Astagfirullah! Please Stop This HATRED. Moreover, I never see anyone in this FORUM posting HADITHS which shows Great LOVE & Respect Between AHL-AL-BAYT(A.S) & Pious SAHABAS(R.A). I Guess We All Are Becoming Too Much SLAVE to EXTREMISM That We HESITATE Posting HADITHS which shows Great LOVE & Respect Between AHL-AL-BAYT(A.S) & Pious SAHABAS(R.A) and We Become Very ASSERTIVE While Posting HADITHS Which Are FALSELY INTERPRETED To Prove HATRED Between AHL-AL-BAYT(A.S) & Pious SAHABAS(R.A).

Anouzubillah! Anouzubillah! Jo Bhi Yeh LAHANATH PIOUS SAHABA(R.A) Par Bhejta Hai, Un Par Zaroor 100% PROPHET (S.A.W) Aur Saara AHL-AL-BAYT(A.S) LAHANATH BHEJENGE. Aameen!

^ There's textual evidence from Shi'i books that can be interpreted both ways. However, those who suggest that cursing the first three and Aisha is clearly permissible do so with explicit ahadith. One should keep in mind that cursing does not equate to insulting. Those are quite different. On the other hand, it is possible that these compilations were largely reactionary, and later attributed to the Masumeen [as]. Although, it is quite unlikely, considering the very earliest works, and I mean early, clearly show a disdain for the enemies of the Ahl al-Bayt [as], and that includes Aisha. These texts predate Nahjul Balagha. I'm simply mentioning this because I completely agree that we should read our own books. Nahjul Balagha is definitely something any proclaimed Shi'ah should read, but there are a number of Shi'i works that were compiled much closer to, and even during, the time period of the Imams [as] that we should also read. Otherwise, we can't really say whether or not a doctrine or practice is authentically Shi'i.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

me myself is a shia and I believe that cursing the prophets wife is haram because she was the wife of the prophet and I believe that the shias that curse the wife of the prophet are doing a big gunaah. I just came back from multan, Pakistan and I've seen mehfils for cursing aisha and I belive it should STOP. The shias are contradicting themselves if somebody believes I'm wrong please post and share your opinion

the wives of prohet Noah and Lot were bad, and Allah curses them in the Quran, Aisha is no different

Edited by safana

• Veteran Member

me myself is a shia and I believe that cursing the prophets wife is haram because she was the wife of the prophet and I believe that the shias that curse the wife of the prophet are doing a big gunaah. I just came back from multan, Pakistan and I've seen mehfils for cursing aisha and I belive it should STOP. The shias are contradicting themselves if somebody believes I'm wrong please post and share your opinion

How is it haram ? Do you read the kalima of Prophet or Aisha ?

Cursing no one except Prophet is Haram whether abu bakr ali muaiwyah aisha hasan

Can we point of any examples in history where imams of Ahlulbayt or umar/abubakr declared someone kafir for cursing a sahabi ?

Cursing Aisha should not be haram under any circumstances

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I myself think cursing of Bibi Aisha or Bibi Hafsa is totally prohibited. They were wives of Prophet Muhammad (SAWW). and They're Ummul Momineen. So we can't curse on them. Whatever they did that's another issue. But cursing on them is not allowed. I think even Ayatullah forbids it. If you're Usooli then who you're to curse them? If you curse them then it means you don't follow any Mujtahid and you're being a Akhbari.

(wasalam)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

I suggest you think before you speak.

There is a big different between Allah (SWT) cursing mankind and you cursing Aisha (the wife of the prophet (saws)). Cursing is allowed in some ecstences, but to accuse anyone falsely claim is among the greatest sins. So wash your mouth! satisfactory Allah (SWT) and stop cursing the camponians of the prophet (saws).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Obvious shia flaws part 2

Hatred towards Ayesha (ra)

Shias also hate Hazrat Ayesha (ra) the wife of the Prophet (pbuh). Many of them even go to the extent of accusing her of fornication (May Allah curse all those who accuse her of such falsehood).

They expect everyone to hate her just because she and hazrat Ali (ra) fought a battle called “Battle of Jamal”. I won’t be entering into any debate as to who as right and as to who was wrong, both of them were extremely close to the Prophet (pbuh). One being the wife of the Prophet (pbuh) and the other being the son-in-law of the Prophet (pbuh) and one among four people who embraced Islam on the first day when Muhammad (pbuh) proclaimed Prophethood, Abu Bakr ( Hazrat Ayesha’s father), Khadija and Zaid (May Allah be pleased with them) were the other three. We are not the ones to decide as to who was right and who was wrong. We as ordinary Muslims have no right to judge between the companions of the Prophet (pbuh).

As for the shias who hate Hazrat Ayesha (ra), I would just like to remind them that Hazrat Ayesha (ra) is their MOTHER. The Quran says

“The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers” (Quran 33:6)

If you have a problem with the translation, so here are at least 10 translations of this very verse. All say the same thing.

Quran 33:6

The text of the Quran is very clear in this regard that the wives of the Prophet (pbuh) are our mothers. Hence, Ayesha (ra) is our mother and anyone who hates or curses her indeed hates his mother

i partially agree with your post, we as muslims shouldn't judge, however i personally believe that aisha shouldn't be disrespected, after all she is the wife of a prophet, sending lanat to aisha is ones own choice, it is not haram, cursing is haram-there's a difference.

With the verse you quoted, yes it says that the wives of the prophet are the mothers of the believers, but have you ever considered what that actually means??

As you should know, after the prophet's death, the wives of the prophet are not permitted to marry another man, the wives being labelled as 'mothers of the believers' only means that believing men are to treat them like their mother reinforcing the idea that they cannot marry them. this is shown in a hadith (sorry i have no referencing) where a lady came to visit Aisha one day, calling her 'mother of the believers', aisha replied by saying she is only the mother of the believing men, not the believing women. From what i've heard, all the tafsirs of the aya are in line with this.

for more info, refer to the following lecture:

There is a big different between Allah (SWT) cursing mankind and you cursing Aisha (the wife of the prophet (saws)). Cursing is allowed in some ecstences, but to accuse anyone falsely claim is among the greatest sins. So wash your mouth! satisfactory Allah (SWT) and stop cursing the camponians of the prophet (saws).

ok, where's your proof?? who said 'theres a big difference between Allah (swt) cursing mankind and us cursing'. you say 'cursing is allowed in some instances (or whatever that word is meant to say)' , where are you getting these 'rules' from??, sending lanat is allowed, lanat (cursing) is basically a dua'a where you ask Allah to lower his mercy on specific individuals, and just like any dua'a , it can be accepted or rejected.

you say to accuse anyone falsely is among the greatest of sins. well, if your saying that lying is a sin, then yeah i agree with you. but who is accusing aisha falsely??

ans what do you mean 'satisfactory' Allah?? :huh: