Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

7ay 3ala khayr al 3amal

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) dear brothers ,

I would like to know from a sunni point of view , why don't they say 7aya 3ala khayr al 3amal in the Adan ? like we she3a do . I know definitely they will not say Ashhado Ana Aleyan Wali Allah, but why they won't say the khayr al 3amal part.

and if some one of the she3a brothers could upload the explanation why we she3a say 7ay 3ala khayr al 3amal and ashhado an 3aleyan wali Allah . cuz i can't find the link i had about this topic . tnx in advance.

Salam :) .

• Advanced Member

Very simple: Because the abundant sahih reports do not mention it.

However, there are some narrations that do indicate that it was said by some in the adhan.

e.g. In Bayhaqi's sunan, it is reported that Ibn Umar said it. This is also recorded by Ibn Abi Shaybah, Halabi and Ibn Hazm. Asqalani has also mentioned in his Tahdhib.

It is also documented that Imam Zayn al-Abidin, and Ibn 'Umamah said it in the adhan.

• Advanced Member
why we she3a say 7ay 3ala khayr al 3amal and ashhado an 3aleyan wali Allah . cuz i can't find the link i had about this topic . tnx in advance. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Saying "Ashado anna 3aliyan wali Allah" is mustahab and not furd however, the scholars admit that it is an act that pleases Allah (SWT) because it is admitting the fact that Hadrat Ali (ra) was infact the 'wali' by Allah (SWT) on the ummah... I asked the same question from the Grand Ayatollah Al-Seestani because I was confused in the translation of the iyah that was revealed in the Quran in honor of Hadrat Ali (ra). The iyah is in Al-Maedah (5:55) where Allah (SWT) states in the Quran that: "Verily, your guardian (wali) is Allah, His messenger, and the believers - those who perform the prayers and give zakat (alms) while they are bowing down (in ruku')." It was only Hadrat Ali (ra) who gave zakat while bowing in ruku.

The other part of the adan "7ay 3ala khayr al 3amal" is taken from the adan given by the mo3adin at the site of Ghadeer e Khum when people were going their seperate ways after the last Haj of the Prophet (SAW). This is written in the 'Taskarat ul Athhaar' if you wanted the reference and peace be upon you.

Wassalaam

What about these sentence " Praying is better than sleep"

Why do Sunni have that in their adhan for fajar?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salaam Alaiqum,

Yaa Ali Madad

thats a very nice question ? This Sentence ," Praying is better than sleep" is said to person who is sleeping , i presume!! but if he is asleep how can he hear and if he isnt asleep then why it is being told??

and one another point ,

when a child is born which adhan shud be recited in his/her ears?

Morning one with.." Praying is better than sleep"

or the other day Adhan , without.." Praying is better than sleep"

Allah Hafiz

Yaa Ali Madad

Hussainiyet Zindabad

Yazeediyat murdabad

Firoz Ali

• Advanced Member

Yeah Umar Ibn Al Khattab added it to the Adhan.

The call to prayer has three slight differences in Shia as compared to Sunnism. The phrase 'Come to the best of actions' is added. It is considered that this phrase is the original adan but was ommitted on the orders of Umar Ibn Al Khattab. Umar is also considered to have added the phrase " Salat is better then Sleep " to the dawn prayer so this is omitted by us Shia.

Yeah Umar Ibn Al Khattab added it to the Adhan.

The call to prayer has three slight differences in Shia as compared to Sunnism.  The phrase 'Come to the best of actions' is added.  It is considered that this phrase is the original adan but was ommitted on the orders of Umar Ibn Al Khattab.  Umar is also considered to have added the phrase " Salat is better then Sleep " to the dawn prayer so this is omitted by us Shia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salaam Alaiqum,

Yaa Ali madad

So , when a child is born in sunni family which adhan is recited in the ear of the child?The morning Adhan i.e with" Salat is better then Sleep "

or like day adhan i.e without " Salat is better then Sleep "? any WHY?

Allah Hafiz

Yaa Ali Madad

Hussainyet Zinda bad

Yazzediyat Murdabad

Firoz Ali

• Advanced Member
Salaam Alaiqum,

Yaa Ali madad

So , when a child is born in sunni family which adhan is recited in the ear of the child?The morning Adhan i.e with" Salat is better then Sleep "

or like day adhan i.e without " Salat is better then Sleep "? any WHY?

Allah Hafiz

Yaa Ali Madad

Hussainyet Zinda bad

Yazzediyat Murdabad

Firoz Ali

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats an innovated act.

Salam Alaikum

Omar's muethhin came to wake him up. Omar would not wake up, so the muethhin shrugged him and yelled "Get up omar, prayer is better than sleep!"

Omar liked it so much he added it to the athan.

Salam

Mod Note : (salam) You cant add LosAngles (LA) behind the name of 3 Sunni caliphs

Edited by Zareen
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

haya ala khayrul amal come to the best of deeds

i was confused one day about what is the best of deeds i thought it was sallat but if it actuallt ment salat then the sunnis will say it then i asked a wise shia person this question he told me haya ala khayrul amal means believing in the authority of ali ibne abi talib (no wonder the sunnis dont say it)

i would like to ask if there is any shia refrence that says what is meant by the best of deeds (salam)

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)  (salam)

haya ala khayrul amal  come to the best of deeds

i would like to ask if there is any shia refrence that says what is meant by the best of deeds  (salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Walikum salaam

As I pointed out before in my post.. the Prophet (SAW) asked the mo3adin to say 'come to best of deeds' after the adan at the site of Ghadeer e Khum.. I know in the "taskarat ul Athhar" there is a mention about people saying 'what could be a better deed than a salat' and when they came back to the Prophet (SAW).. the Prophet (SAW) made the Khutba and asked everyone to do ba3yat to Hadrat Ali (as)

I am sure you can find more references and peace be upon you

Wassalaam