Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shuja1966

Materialistic woman vs Modest man

Rate this topic

786 92 110

Salaams & Ya Ali (as) madad

Which one would u choose???

Taqwa (piety)

Money

House

Beauty

Reason I ask, bcos I have friends (Jeweller, pauper, labourer, pious & unemployed) they are all trying to get married. All unfortunate....unlucky

Duas

Shuja

(bismillah)

(salam)

I think that a distinction between wealthy and materialistic people needs to be made. Welathy people can be modest, whereas materialistic people generally can not be modest.

With regards to your question, I think the most important qualities in a spouse is their emaan and taqwa followed by their education. Honesty, trustworthyness etc all come under emaan. A religious and pious person can not be dishonest and trustworthy.

I think that in today's society, too many people look for wealth and this often clouds people's judgement and they tend to forget what the real values of a marriage are. Compatibility also plays a part I think.

Ws

^Also, brother, I think you need to reword the title of the thread as it does not make any sense...

Materialistic woman vs Modest man, Which one would u marry???

A brother would want to marry a materialistic woman as opposed to a modest man and a sister would want to marry a modest man as opposed to a materialistic woman ;)

Ws,

Zahra

I think its hard to answer, in theory most people would say modest but when facing the situation, I dont think they can be wise enough or see the signs of modesty etc because people's fantasy or the need of lusts becoming realities hinders their decision about marrying a certain person...

I disagree on the definition. Materialism and Modesty are distinct qualities, you can be materialistic but modest.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I think that a distinction between wealthy and materialistic people needs to be made. Welathy people can be modest, whereas materialistic people generally can not be modest.

With regards to your question, I think the most important qualities in a spouse is their emaan and taqwa followed by their education. Honesty, trustworthyness etc all come under emaan. A religious and pious person can not be dishonest and trustworthy.

I think that in today's society, too many people look for wealth and this often clouds people's judgement and they tend to forget what the real values of a marriage are. Compatibility also plays a part I think.

Ws

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'll accept the man just pure from materialism ofcourse this will be enuf :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lolz............one shud talk in general.............BuT wHaT fOr A dOcToR wHo NeVeR SaW tHe WoRlD oUtSiDe HeRsElF????????????????

Answer:what for "kuein ka mandak"?

There must be some arguments to support it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

786 92 110

Salaams & Ya Ali (as) Madad

With all due respect: Materialism = Love for 'Dhuniya'

Imam Ali (as) gave this 'dhuniya' - 'Talaaq'.....'Talaaq'.....'Talaaq'....(3 times).

Dus

Shuja

786  92  110

Taqwa (piety)

Money

House

Beauty

Reason I ask, bcos I have friends (Jeweller, pauper, labourer, pious & unemployed) they are all trying to get married. All unfortunate....unlucky

Duas

Shuja

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what about the butcher the baker and the candle stick maker

(salam)

TAQWA is the most important thing to look for when considering marriage. The Prophet (pbuh) said A women can be married for 4 reasons:her beauty, her wealth, her lineage, or her iman. Blessed be the man who marries a women for her iman. The prophet (pbuh) also said that if a man marries a women for her purly for her taqwa, he will be given her beauty and wealth too. For course this can be applicable for both genders. some people may find some non practicing muslim people desirable to marry for their beautiful , but what i find beautiful is a muslim who is close to Allah and the Sayyidina Muhammad (pbuh)

lolz............one shud talk in general.............BuT wHaT fOr A dOcToR wHo NeVeR SaW tHe WoRlD oUtSiDe HeRsElF????????????????

Answer:what for "kuein ka mandak"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

786 92 110

"kuein ka mandak".....Is that translated to frog from the water well???

If so.....U know kissing frogs turns them into 'Prince Charmings'.

So don't worry be happy.......

I married a snake.....she grew horns & became a dragon....

"Do not despise the snake for having no horns,

for who is to say it maybe a dragon".

Chinese Proverb (Water Margin).

Duas

Shuja

what about the butcher the baker and the candle stick maker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

786 92 110

"What about the butcher the baker and the candle stick maker" u ask.....well what about them???

I don't have any single friends in that field of employment....They're married...

Duas

Shuja

(salam)

TAQWA is the most important thing to look for when considering marriage. The Prophet  (pbuh) said A women can be married for 4 reasons:her beauty, her wealth, her lineage, or her iman. Blessed be the man who marries a women for her iman. The prophet  (pbuh) also said that if a man marries a women for her purly for her taqwa, he will be given her beauty and wealth too. For course this can be applicable for both genders. some people may find some non practicing muslim people desirable to marry for their beautiful , but what i find beautiful is a muslim who is close to Allah and the Sayyidina Muhammad (pbuh)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

786 92 110

W/s & Ya Ali (as) Madad

U bring 'hope' to the 'Batchelors of this Materialistic world'.....

But where does one start to find such 'pious people'???

Duas

Shuja

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

I would hardly call women who is looking for men with job..materialistic. Your unemployed and pauper friend may want to put some energy into improving the quality of life.

Husband has reponsibility to clothe, feed and house the wife. Marriage is not a bed of roses. It a struggle.

As for other criteria like prefering a doctor or engineer..you cant really blame women. Some choices are made by girls family. Also, she(some girl) may prefer men who she consider compatible to her...example if she is an engineer or doctor.

Hey, most men prefer virgin bride and people dont make a big deal out of that so why should people make a big deal when women prefer successful and profesional husband-candidate? :angel:

This poll is very obviously suited to all the cheap males who want to the girl to come home to without spending much og his budget on her.

I resent the title of the thread. Many men are bloody well materialistic, except the straight ones don't go for the makeup and jewellery. In which case they spend reidiculously on clothing, cars and food. Which explains the huge guts they obtain.

It also really depends on what you define as materialistic. What is materialistic to one person can be anothers source of happiness.

(salam)

Hey, most men prefer virgin bride and people dont make a big deal out of that so why should people make a big deal when women prefer successful and profesional husband-candidate? :angel:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, especially if the woman and kids are going to be relying on his income to survive.

I agree, especially if the woman and kids are going to be relying on his income to survive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

786 92 110

Nowadays, most females want exactly the same: 'Pure Partners'.

I agree with their sentiments.....

Sadly, many Shias tend to experiment b4 marriage (claiming they were performing 'muta') when they were doing 'god knows best'.

In an ideal world if only us Shias were truly trying to folloe the paths of our 'Aimma Masoomeen (as)' - We wouldn't have the problems we see in the world today.

But most Shias, just like other faiths & bodies of ppl are worldy attached, materialistic, selfish & uncaring !

We want everything today.....On a plate !

That's why it is prophesised that when Imam e Zamana (as) will re-appear, the heads of the Shias will roll first & foremost !

May we all be given the patience, strength & 'tawfeeq' to be among the 'Ansaars' / helpers of Imam Mahdi (as). Amin.

Duas

Shuja

786 92 110

Taqwa (piety)

Money

House

Beauty

Duas

Shuja

i think the most important thing is Taqwa and Beauty of charactar. face beauty or money is not that important.

I voted for modest man because whats the point if a guy is good looking but a snob..i think that its the character of the person that matters the most not the looks because after a little while looks disappear but your character always remains with you.. :)

Edited by sakz

The wealthiest of man is the one who invests in his heareafter... We are only Wealthy if we have the RAHMA of Allah!

Yeah some people are very well off and wealthy in this donya, but i think the main is thing is in your heart you must know that nothing of this donya is of your possession, so yeah maybe some of us are blessed, but again we are only wealthy if we have the RAHMA of Allah..

Around us we are surrounded with people who only care about the materialistic donya and looking for a man who is rich and all this nonsense, yet they dont know when they put us in this grave (this hufra) what is that we take with us?.... We pray that we have the Rahma...

Guest Mahreen
I voted for modest man because whats the point if a guy is good looking but a snob..i think that its the character of the person that matters the most not the looks because after a little while looks disappear but your character always remains with you.. :)

Absolutely :wub: Its the inner beauty which counts

(salam)

Since our religion aims to perfect the human being and his soul through piety then surely with piety must come all the positive qualities we seek in our companions such as modesty, chastity, pure heartedness, trustworthiness, fairness, intelligence, education etc. All the positive qualities which we seek in our ideal companion and which have been listed by others are included in and subordinate to the single quality of piety. In other words these qualities are proportionate to the extent and level of ones piety and actually determine it. This is why piety is the single criterion by which we are advised to judge potential partners. In light of this, if I say I want my companion to be very, very pious I don't mean to say she should only be good at praying and reading Qur'an. I also mean they should have the will to fulfill their duties (and vice versa) and posses the positive qualities to as high a degree as possible. These qualities are not different from piety and don't need to be distinguished from it, which most of us often do.

For those who insist on financial stability then it may be argued that this is also an aspect of piety, considering that the male is duty bound, in Islam, to provide for his family, provided this is not impossible.

(salam)

Sadly, many Shias tend to experiment b4 marriage (claiming they were performing 'muta') when they were doing 'god knows best'.

when they claim they are doing mut3a then do you islamicly have the right to accuse them of fornication ?

where are your four witnesses? if you dont have them then you have commited Qathf and you get lashed islamicly

and if you are a mut3a fighter let me tell you its recomended in islam

the true problem today is people fornicating and enforcing evil not the mut3a which god constituted

well the ceriteria if you want a happy life is to choose a good person and a materialistic person is not a good person the answer needs no thinking twice

Edited by alimohamad40