Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

age of marriage in these days

Rate this topic

hashim_raza5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear brothers and sisters

please poll and comment..according to islamic laws and present day requirements.

waiting hashim raza rizvi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

asalaamu alaikum,

It is funny that we ask questions that Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) have already answered for us, but then we get a thousand different answers from the "Shi'ah", as usual, none of which are the Islamic answer. Have we returned to the dark ages?

Well, here it is my brother. The answer according to the teachings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.):

The best age for a man to marry is 18 or 19, or sooner if he needs marriage. As such, it is the responsibility of the parents, to the best of their ability, to prepare him to 1) be knowledgable of the Deen, 2) Be religious, 3) Be a hard worker, 4) be properly educated in spouse selection ("youth and spouse selection" by Mutahheri) and marriage (various marriage books) and 5) have fulfilled what he knows he should fufill prior to marriage based upon this knowledge prior to reaching this age.

fee amanillah,

Ibrahim

Edited by Ibrahim110

(bismillah)

You must be joking! What generation are you living?

An 11 year old girl is still a kid even though she may be starting to grow physically, but mentally she is not ready for this.  For a person to be committed to marriage they need to understand what they are doing (mentally & spiritually) and it is not all about desires or sex.  There is more to life than the sexual aspect in a marriage.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah, the feminists. These will wake us up in the morning...

For your information, maturity has very little to do with age. It has far more to do with knowledge and wisdom. If a girl of 11 has been prepared for marriage through education for it, then according to Islam, she is ready. The key problem in society is that men and women are reaching puberty physically and even though Islam requires that the parents make sure that it is matched mentally through knowledge by that age, that is very often not the case. And that has nothing to do with the "times". Don't blame the times for not reading those marriage books and preparing yourself for marriage. Blame yourself and your parents. That's who you need to blame, because sex is still very widespread at 8 years old in most countries. So, instead of just delaying everything, START NOW, and educate them (through the 5-step process mentioned above for men), so that when they reach that age, they start looking for marriage with the help of their parents, and choose wisely, and once they find the right person, they should marry without delay, so that they can work together with that person in improving their struggles in this life and the Akhirah.

As such, the best age for girls to marry is 14 and 15, and the best age for males to marry is 18 and 19. Therefore, it is the job of the parents and those individuals to EDUCATE themselves and PREPARE themselves for marriage PRIOR to reaching those ages. Because if that is not done, it won't even matter if the person is 30.

Contrary to popular belief, there's no college degree, bank balance, or IQ level that prepares you for marriage. The DEEN and the knowledge and practice of it is what prepares you for marriage.

Prophet Muhammad (S.A.) said:

"Oh people! Gabriel descended down to me from THE ALL KIND, ALL KNOWING Allah and said: 'Virgins are like the fruits of trees. When they get ripe (mature) (and the season of their plucking arrives), if they do not get picked up, the sun heat makes them sour (shriveled and feminist), and the winds of autumn make them scattered off (lost, even to themselves, as if abused). So are the virgin girls that when they reach puberty and attain that which the women attain (i.e. menstruation) then there is no alternative for them except to be given husbands. And if they do not marry, there would be no security that they do not get pushed twoards corruption (fornication, feminism, celibacy, hardheartedness, etc.); because they are humans.'"

- Wasail al-Shia, vol.14, p.39. Tahreerul Waseela (imam Khomeini) vol. 2, cahpter of Nikah (marriage)

Marriages are of three kinds: Immature (foolishly, often in infatuation or lust, and lacking knowledge; usually when parents don't educate or get involved and the son/daughter themselves foolishly look for love or sexual gratification), delayed (for unIslamic reasons including secular education or securing wealth), and timely (done by one who has achieved religiousness and the proper knowledge of marriage, chosen wisely according to the Islamic criteria, and married the person without unIslamic delay); and only the last one is desirable.

fee amanillah,

Ibrahim

Edited by Ibrahim110

• Advanced Member

^Right...so when my baby girl is born I'll spend the first few years trying to teach her the daily necessities and then before she even starts to watch Dora I'll start telling her how she'll be married soon. Do we think for a second before we say these things? We go around quoting the Quran and hadeeth and Ayatullahs but what is Islam? Islam is a way of life, a way of equality. The girl should the choice to get married and if you spend your whole life teaching her about marriage at 11, how much does she know about marriage? Does she know enough to make those choices. We emphasize so much on physical and sexual desires. So if that's the case then we should get them married before the age of 5. I'm a child care provider, I work with young children and after attending many workshops and working with children under the age of 5, you'll be surprised how many young kids masturbate. But they are not aware of this ie not aware that this is masturbation All humans are born with an inner sexual drive. That does not mean we start providing means to fulfill these drives from when they are born. And please let us not srart comparing ourselves to the 14 infalliables because they truly were infalliables where as we are sinful servants. Most girls today aren't ready for marriage even at age 16 or 18. A marriage isn't only about sex. A marriage also means providing for the spouse. I specifically remember in a youth discussion in Toronto, when the Maulana asked people what age they think men should marry. Most people said after they are able to provide for their spouses which is usually mid 20's or early 20's. Yet there are those of us who suggest they should marry at age 16, simply to fulfill their sexual desires. Remember the jihad of nafs is the jihad we Muslims live in these days. We always say I wish I could be a shaheed, and do Jihad and we think we will be there for the Imam (May God bring him soon, as the Muslim ummah is truly going astray), however, the greatest jihad for us these days is to control our desires. We can't always interpret religion for our benefit, as posted in other threads, some men think it's ok to lightly beat their wives if they do not pick up their plates. We need to wake up and start thinking sometimes. We need to let our children grow and not always tie them with the restrictions of traditions. If an 11 year old herself thinks she is ready for marriage, then fair enough, but if the decision comes out of brain washing, then I wouldn't agree with it.

I strongly suggest you to read the book "The Developing Child" written by Helen Bee. I recommend the study of children to everyone, because only after that do a lot of us understand basic human psychology.

Ma'salaam

sis ansoo

^Right...so when my baby girl is born I'll spend the first few years trying to teach her the daily necessities and then before she even starts to watch Dora I'll start telling her how she'll be married soon.  Do we think for a second before we say these things?  We go around quoting the Quran and hadeeth and Ayatullahs but what is Islam?  Islam is a way of life, a way of equality.  The girl should the choice to get married and if you spend your whole life teaching her about marriage at 11, how much does she know about marriage?  Does she know enough to make those choices.  We emphasize so much on physical and sexual desires.  So if that's the case then we should get them married before the age of 5.  I'm a child care provider, I work with young children and after attending many workshops and working with children under the age of 5, you'll be surprised how many young kids masturbate.  But they are not aware of this ie not aware that this is masturbation  All humans are born with an inner sexual drive.  That does not mean we start providing means to fulfill these drives from when they are born.  And please let us not srart comparing ourselves to the 14 infalliables because they truly were infalliables where as we are sinful servants.  Most girls today aren't ready for marriage even at age 16 or 18.  A marriage isn't only about sex.  A marriage also means providing for the spouse.  I specifically remember in a youth discussion in Toronto, when the Maulana asked people what age they think men should marry.  Most people said after they are able to provide for their spouses which is usually mid 20's or early 20's.  Yet there are those of us who suggest they should marry at age 16, simply to fulfill their sexual desires.  Remember the jihad of nafs is the jihad we Muslims live in these days.  We always say I wish I could be a shaheed, and do Jihad and we think we will be there for the Imam (May God bring him soon, as the Muslim ummah is truly going astray), however, the greatest jihad for us these days is to control our desires.  We can't always interpret religion for our benefit, as posted in other threads, some men think it's ok to lightly beat their wives if they do not pick up their plates.  We need to wake up and start thinking sometimes.  We need to let our children grow and not always tie them with the restrictions of traditions.  If an 11 year old herself thinks she is ready for marriage, then fair enough, but if the decision comes out of brain washing, then I wouldn't agree with it.

I strongly suggest you to read the book "The Developing Child" written by Helen Bee.  I recommend the study of children to everyone, because only after that do a lot of us understand basic human psychology.

Ma'salaam

sis ansoo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

asalaamu alaikum,

You should fear Allah (swt) before you attack and ridicule the teachings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) with your own perogative, especially if you claim to be anything less than their open enemy. You clearly did not read my post in its entirety nor the one before it, and came to your own perverted and misguided conclusions. If you'll notice what I stated in my 2 posts above, you will see that it is the responsibility of the parents to prepare the individual to: 1) be knowledgable of the Deen, 2) Be religious, 3) Be a hard worker, 4) be properly educated in spouse selection ("youth and spouse selection" by Mutahheri) and marriage (various marriage books) and 5) have fulfilled what he/she knows they should fufill prior to marriage based upon this knowledge prior to reaching the best age to marry.

Clearly, if you see the best age to marry to be different than that advocated by 125,000 prophets, 3 holy books, 14 Masoomeen (A.S.), and a period of 5,000 years, then you clearly have been delusioned into the modern Western propoganda that has only manifested itself in the past 50 to 100 years.

As such, either use that as your basis and denounce your faith that a new secular discussion may take its form, or continue your display of hypocrisy and ridiculing the teachings of Islam with your own ridiculous entourage of sarcasm, ignorance, and foolishness, only to your own peril.

May the mindful and people of reason see through your charade, and may you be mindful and fear Allah (swt) before you dare to rebel against Him and seek to misguide others as well.

Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammadin Wa Ale Muhammad

Illahi-ameen

fee amanillah,

Ibrahim

Edited by Ibrahim110

• Advanced Member

By the way,

"Maturity is achieved when a person postpones immediate pleasures for long-term values."

- Joshua Loth Liebman.

If knowledge and wisdom are not parallel to experience in life, aswell as acknowledgement of understanding of principles, then maturity is basically an age at which you believe you have fulfilled what is required for you to do - "educate".

• Advanced Member

(salam)

sis Ansoo i loved ur reply and i agree with you on evry point u made.

11-year old girls are still children for Allah's sake..ok you educate them about marriage and sex, then what?? they wont even enjoy their childhood!. if a girl gets married at this age she will be marrying a man whos obviously older than her by some years, so he wont be a kid. i don't think there will be anything that links them together in their relationship, the man will use the little kid to satisfy his needs thats about it.

marriage is not just about sex, marriage is also about forming a family, the man has to be responsible enough to form such a family and the girl needs to be mature to take care of the family and her husband not just sexualy.

i know a friend of mine who had her Aqid done when she was 14, still a little girl. she found the whole idea of getting to know some1 and marriage and all that interesting, she said yes. they wanted to wait for 2 years then have the wedding and live together. a year passed by and the girl relised what she was doing, shes not ready for this , shes got dreams, she wants to go uni. its not time for marriage yet. she did not fit in with the guy, when she grew older she relised they are diffrent and she cant force herself to accept him...they got divorced!

so even when a girl is 13 its still too early to make a choice , at this age the girl is still immature, she does not know much about life. how do you expect her to start a family??

Islam talks about equality between a man and a woman. if the man can choose to finish his education and he chooses his own wife, then the same thing should be with the girl, she has all the rights to fulfil her dreams, finish her education and choose her man, the man that shes going to spend the rest of her life with.

• Advanced Member

:wub: Awww venus...thanks! You guys honestly make life worth living :) But you know now you're next on the hitlist and next inline to be called a disbeliever. :P Lol...you know some people have so much fun playing God, I wonder where the world would be if we played God. I mean think how easy it's become for us to say "ok you dont agree with my opinion so im gonna call you a disbeliever". Be careful when supporting me, I mean you wouldn't wanna dare rebel against Allah swt since his sinful servants have taken it upon them to make that decision.

sis Ansoo i loved ur reply and i agree with you on evry point u made.

JazakAllah sis. I'm glad she had the choice. I wish we would educate our women on their rights, on marriage contracts and in so much more instead of preparing them for marriage at age 11. As I said before, if an 11 year old is ready for marriage herself, then so be it, but if she's doing it out of brain wash, sooner or later it'll turn into a volcano. And like you said if an 11 year old is to get married to someone who can provide for her with his money (not his father's) then the 2 would have a great age difference, probably not even much in common. I mean, I think I was still playing with Barbie at age 11

Kheyr, everyone is free to post their own opinions. I dont think one should be insulted if someone disagrees with their opinions. But not everyone is the same. ;) :) :D

Asalaamu alaikum,

Let is be a good tiding to the righteous believers and a sufficient lesson to the mindful, that the Shi'ah of Imam Ali (A.S.) defend their points with Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) and reject falsehood in all its shapes and colors, while the Shi'ah of the West have chosen to defend their posts with Helen Bee and Joshua Liebman along with their own infected views based on whatever the West has fed their minds with, and with their own corrupt arrogance of challenging the teachings of Allah (swt), His revelations, and His chosen ones, with the little knowledge of their own narrow intellect.

Only the ignorant look past all that is said to them to fight against only that which they wish to hold onto. In essence, they will ignore all that is said to them if they can continously exploit that which others would find fault with. To the rest though, it is lesson enough to look for the truth based upon its nearness to Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.)...

As such, may Allah (swt) curse the Munafiqeen, for no one harms the image of the true Islam more than them, and they are guaranteed to be in the lowest place in the Hellfire.

Also, may Allah (swt) deliver the oppressed from the oppression of their schemes, deliver the solitude from the numerous of their schemers, and deliver the weak from their "powerful", with the advent of Imam al-Mahdi (A.S.) and may Allah's wrath pour down upon them exponentially and may they be torn to pieces.

And as it says in Dua-e-Ahad, for nothing can say it better...

"Verily thou said, and Thy words are true and certain: "Corruption and mischief appear on land and sea because of the evil which men's hands have done." Oh Allah, make distinctly visible, for us, Thy appointed authority, the son of the daughter of thy Prophet, named Muhammad, after the name of Thy Messenger, so that he rests not after getting the better of the forces of evil, until he tears them to pieces, makes CLEAR the TRUTH, and fulfills his duty in letter and spirit."

Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammadin wa Ale Muhammad,

Illahi-ameen,

The truth is only with Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.). Either believe in it, don't claim to be Shi'ah, or be a hypocrite, but do not feed the masses your worship of Western idealogy or your half-heartedness towards the teachings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.).

fee amanillah,

Ibrahim

Edited by Ibrahim110

• Advanced Member

(salam),

..while the Shi'ah of the West have chosen to defend their posts with Helen Bee and Joshua Liebman along with their own infected views based on whatever the West has fed their minds with, and with their own corrupt arrogance of challenging the teachings of Allah (swt), His revelations, and His chosen ones, with the little knowledge of their own narrow intellect.

Your accusations are many, however, your reasoning or understanding is not evenly balanced.

Why do you choose to narrate upon everything replied to your post, instead of actually replying to it? Are you like the ShiaChat 'crocodile hunter' sort or something? Seriously, if you've made a point and another disagrees, it is common sense to comment, rather than give a whole load of waffle on how Shia species followin the truth believe X and shia species from N believe W. Its really not needed :). It doesn't strengthen your points, for your information.

Your knowledge relies on your intellect, and your intellect tells you to use such a hostile attitude towards those who question/criticise your knowledge. I've seen this before with someone else i'd prefer to not name. Your knowledge is not what matters to others. What you decide to do with that knowledge or what you let it do to you is what really concerns people. Some believe once the door of knowledge has been opened for them, they are immune from certain aspects or principles, and think its ok to ignore what they normally wouldn't.. Some people act in such a manner when they feel rejected for whatever reason - Allah Hu Alim & may Allah (swt) help them recover :).

Only the ignorant look past all that is said to them to fight against only that which they wish to hold onto. In essence, they will ignore all that is said to them if they can continously exploit that which others would find fault with. To the rest though, it is lesson enough to look for the truth based upon its nearness to Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.)...

Please excuse me, but i can bet on my life i heard something very similar on the Animal Planet the other day. Wallah! :squeez:

The truth is only with Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.). Either believe in it, don't claim to be Shi'ah, or be a hypocrite, but do not feed the masses your worship of Western idealogy or your half-heartedness towards the teachings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.).

The truth is indeed only with the Qur'an and the Ahlul Bayt (as). However, the truth in this very situation is that your interpretation and attitude are not welcome or accepted by others here, so you act like an online observer doing a documentary or something. Would you think thats fair if someone did that to you? Western ideology is not what we preach nor support, however blind barbarianism is not what we condone either :).

You don't need to reply.

Mowla Waris (as).

Edited by Baatil Ka Kaatil

The truth is indeed only with the Qur'an and the Ahlul Bayt (as). However, the truth in this very situation is that your interpretation and attitude are not welcome or accepted by others here, so you act like an online observer doing a documentary or something. Would you think thats fair if someone did that to you? Western ideology is not what we preach nor support, however blind barbarianism is not what we condone either :).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Truth is not about welcomeness and acceptance. Keeping the truth alive is the duty of every Shi'ah, and if one cannot keep it alive even amongst the "shi'ah", then it shall be visible nowhere. If others do not undertake this venture, and others will not, then it is up to those that can undertake it to uphold it so that others are not misguided and that the beacon of truth continues burning until those in power censure or kill the reminders of truth, the callers that call back to truth.

Ironically, you claim also that the truth is indeed with Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) but the Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) and the whole history of our Aimmah (A.S.) stand unanimously in EVERY single one of their sayings and actions in full contradiction with what you are representing. The fact that neither you nor the others have even one leg to stand on when it comes to defending your points with Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) is proof enough of the falsehood that you advocate.

On top of that, Western idealogy is not something that need be preached or supported openly. It is something that seats itself in the hearts and minds of people through various mediums and over time. It has clearly shown itself in your words and the words of various others.

On top of that, the very "blind barbarianism" that you speak of is what the Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) themselves are advocating.

As such, you should fear Allah (swt) before you use such words against what Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) themselves call to.

fee amanillah,

Ibrahim

Edited by Ibrahim110

• Advanced Member

(salam),

Surprisingly, you claim also that the truth is indeed with Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) but the Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) and the whole history of our Aimmah (A.S.) stand unanimously in EVERY single one of their sayings and actions in full contradiction with what you are representing. The fact that neither you nor the others have even one leg to stand on when it comes to defending your points with Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) is proof enough of the falsehood that you advocate.

Disagree. Where we differ is not contention on what is needed from our deen or practicing faith. I hope you agree, otherwise it is useless for me to try and explain anything to you.

"The most terrible fight is not when there is one opinion against another, the most terrible is when two men say the same thing - and fight about the interpretation, and this interpretation involves a difference of quality."

- Do you find the words above also to be a misinterpretation and a twist of truth demented by western ideology :unsure: ?

A wise man once said all things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

I don't think i have to go into the details and explanations of todays Islamic societal views and and stances on majority/minority. The majority of accepted interpretation will always be in power - Thats society, however, you cannot discredit anything other than that due to that sole reason. I hope you understand - finally.

On top of that, Western idealogy is not something that need be preached or supported openly. It is something that seats itself in the hearts and minds of people through various mediums and over time. It has clearly shown itself in your words and the words of various others.

On top of that, the very "blind barbarianism" that you speak of is what the Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) themselves are advocating.

Lets see if you've learnt or understood anything i was talking about above :). you should've answered your own points with the conclusion you should've drawn from my comments - unless ofcourse you've misinterpreted ;) ..

Mowla Waris (as)

(salam),

Disagree. Where we differ is not contention on what is needed from our deen or practicing faith. I hope you agree, otherwise it is useless for me to try and explain anything to you.

"The most terrible fight is not when there is one opinion against another, the most terrible is when two men say the same thing - and fight about the interpretation, and this interpretation involves a difference of quality."

- Do you find the words above also to be a misinterpretation and a twist of truth demented by western ideology :unsure: ?

A wise man once said all things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

I don't think i have to go into the details and explanations of todays Islamic societal views and and stances on majority/minority. The majority of accepted interpretation will always be in power - Thats society, however, you cannot discredit anything other than that due to that sole reason. I hope you understand - finally.

Lets see if you've learnt or understood anything i was talking about above :). you should've answered your own points with the conclusion you should've drawn from my comments - unless ofcourse you've misinterpreted ;) ..

Mowla Waris (as)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

asalaamu alaikum,

Apparently you confuse rejection with interpretation. If Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) unanimously say something, LIVE it, their Sahaba live it, and for all the time that there are here in their physical being it is the SAME, and what you defend is the exact opposite, that is NOT interpretation, that is REJECTION.

Do not attempt to make the unambiguous sayings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) seem corrupted because of you constantly opposing them in your statements. After all, Allah (swt) sent Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) to be the living interpretation of the Qur'an.

And the living interpretation has SPOKEN.

It is humorous that now you want to move the subject toward the art of argument, but there is something that goes way beyond the art of argument and even science, and that is evidence. And at least the Shi'ah, what evidence can be greater than the Qur'an and the Ahlul Bayt (A.S.), PERFECT as they are? Your own idealogies? lol

As it stands right now, over 10,000 sayings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) stand against your opposition and not a single one stands in favor of what you speak. You may be able to run from the sayings with your feminist antics and audacity to rebel, but you can never hide from them, because they are so firmly implanted in Islamic history that you would not have a single corner within that history to help you in your rebellion.

I would like to see if in front of our Aimmah (A.S.) you would be able to have the same audacity to speak utter nonsense in opposition to their sayings, even that coming from their "Shi'ah". Now that I would like to see...

I would like to see who has THAT audacity...

fee amanillah,

Ibrahim

• Advanced Member

(salam),

So you didn't understand anything from that post :lol: .

Apparently you confuse rejection with interpretation. If Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) unanimously say something, LIVE it, their Sahaba live it, and for all the time that there are here in their physical being it is the SAME, and what you defend is the exact opposite, that is NOT interpretation, that is REJECTION.

Do not attempt to make the unambiguous sayings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) seem corrupted because of you constantly opposing them in your statements. After all, Allah (swt) sent Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) to be the living interpretation of the Qur'an.

And the living interpretation has SPOKEN.

I oppose nothing the Qura'n and the Aimmah (as) propogate. Seriously, either you have not been reading my posts at all, or your misinterpretations are even wilder than a wahabi on crack.

As it stands right now, over 10,000 sayings of Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (A.S.) stand against your opposition and not a single one stands in favor of what you speak. You may be able to run from the sayings with your feminist antics and audacity to rebel, but you can never hide from them, because they are so firmly implanted in Islamic history that you would not have a single corner within that history to help you in your rebellion.

Here we go, Rolf Harris-after his PHD in the English language-style once again.

What are you on about? I didn't even go into a subject. I am merely discussing interpretations, more importantly the need of recognition of differing ones that you seem to reject due to contradictions it throws in your path. Do you seriously have a problem or something?

May Allah (swt) forgive my ears - i've heard stuff, but hardly pay attention, however, it seems as if deep among whispers, the truth does dwell ^_^.

I would like to see if in front of our Aimmah (A.S.) you would be able to have the same audacity to speak utter nonsense in opposition to their sayings, even that coming from their "Shi'ah". Now that I would like to see...

Inshallah - I am accountable for everything i say. May your wish indeed be granted in special light of this very important occasion - atleast to yourself :).

Mowla Waris (as)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Im not sure if this was directed towards me. But I just wanted to say that I don't claim to be a shia, so you judged me. However, even if I did claim to be a shia Im not a hypocrite. A hypocrite is one who can not practice what they preach. Im preaching what I practice. And btw have you read the question of this thread? It says

"age of marriage in these days, age of marriage in general and when a man should get married?"

It didn't once say age of marriage according to Islam, shiaism, Quran or Ahlul Bayt. Also, if you decide not to read my posts, then please close your eyes, but since you didn't start the thread and shiachat members are not limited to posting, I am allowed to post whatever I can. If there was a problem with it, I'm sure by now one of the mods would have edited my post.

Now, show me where in the Quran it says we should prepare our girls for marriage at age 11? If we look at Ahlul Bayt we will find various ages and hadeeths of marriage, so we can not say because Lady of Light married at age 9 we should all marry at that age. I said in my initial post we can not compare to infalliables. Islam is a way of life, not a hardcore system where girls have to get married by a certain age. Now, don't you think if your argument was so truthful then God would have made marriage wajib to begin with and then he would have made ages for marriage too. Remember, the wajibat are all taught to us through the Quran and Ahlul Bayt, but how come the age of marriage isnt?

while the Shi'ah of the West have chosen to defend their posts with Helen Bee and Joshua Liebman

Wasn't there a hadeeth of Imam Ali something about take knowledge even if it is from a Jew? Now I would have referred you to a Muslim child psychologist, but I have yet to come across one. So I referred you to the knowledge I had, whether from West or East. You keep saying western ideology, etc etc but weren't it people of the east the arabs who were burying alive baby girls? Were the killers of the Ahlul Bayt not followers of the Quran, followers of the Prophet and Muslims?

Sometimes, before cursing us all, do you even stop and breathe for 5 seconds and think what if just say what if I'm wrong. But no, we have so much confidence in ourselves, remember Allah doesn't like pride. It is very easy to pick and choose the parts of religion we want to follow, and very easy to abuse religious practises. It is also very easy for us to play God and send everyone to hell.

One time when Imam Hassan and Imam Hussayn were doing wudhu, they found an old man doing wudhu incorrectly. Now, it was very easy for them to go up to him and tell him he is wrong. But they had akhlaq, they did not want to be rude and insult him. So one of the brothers pretended to do wudhu while the other taught him the correct method of this. Upon seeing this, the old man realized his wudhu was being performed incorrectly. So the next time you try teaching us about Ahlul Bayt, please try and follow their akhlaq. I don't remember them cursing people. Imam Ali even gave milk to the man who injured him with the poisonous sword which resulted in his killing. Infact I believe when the killer of ali asgher came to 4th Imam and asked how he could repent, the Imam told him to pray Salaat-ul-Layl, how come the Ahlul Bayt didnt send them to hell? I don't think its for us to judge who is challenging the teachings of Allah. Remember Shaytan used to pray and do sajdah and tasbeeh all day, but one mistake and he lost it all. It was his pride that came in his way. Islam is a way of life. And who dies and left you incharge to decide whether we are following Islam or not, or whether true Islam is brainwashing your 11 yr old into marriage?

May Allah guide us all, as we are all sinful servants.

Ma'salaam

sis ansoo

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member
^Someone who doesn't wanna' fulfil half his religion.

^:lol: Oh God...are you out of your mind, I would love to see a 11 year old girl who is ready and mature enough to get married...in today's time...

And who will marry her :blink:..and then even have sexual relationship with her..boy, I don't even wanna' think about 11 year old girl giving birth...

The topic is about "marriage in these days"...and who said that you can't follow Islam as time goes by.

Well if you like that idea any ways, and think that you will be such a great Islamic parent, I hope if you ever have a daughter Inshallah, you can bring her up in such a good Islamic manner that she will be ready to get married at 11+

^No Sarcasm there...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

mEn these days! ITS ALL THE WAY 20-25 ESPEACIALLY IF UR LIVEING IN A NON MUSLIM COUNTRY ACUALLY ANY PLACE IN THE WORLD

SO I THINK MEN 20-25 AND WOMEN 16-22 BUT WITH THE MEN THEY HAVE 2 MAKE SURE THEY R READY CUZ MEN HAVE ALOT OF RESPONCIBLITIES IN ISLAM AND SO DO WOMEN NUT SINCE MEN Rnt AS MATURE AS WOMEN THEY REALLY NEED 2 WORK ON THERE SELVES BUT INSHALLAH Allah WILL HELP US ALL

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

i vote 20-25 for men&15-20 for women but this also depend on the way of life they r in ,for example for couples living in west needs to be older than those who r supported by thier family as in muslim &arab country ,anyways i think as our religion recommends early marriage will be much better ,the teen age group will stick &love each other more than older but again they need support by their family

meanwhile,human life`s expectency getting shorter so we must keep that in consideration to get married earlier .

wassalam

(bismillah)

You must be joking! What generation are you living?

An 11 year old girl is still a kid even though she may be starting to grow physically, but mentally she is not ready for this.  For a person to be committed to marriage they need to understand what they are doing (mentally & spiritually) and it is not all about desires or sex.  There is more to life than the sexual aspect in a marriage.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you should get married when you are done with your Masters and able to find a job...so you can support eachother. I think best age is from 25-30.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

I think 2 individuals should get married whenever they are ready on the following aspects:

1. They are emotionally ready to face the difficulties of marriage.

2. They are financially capable of supporting their life together (note - there is no set financial figure in this regards, it is according to how the couple would choose to live their life together)

3. They are physically ready for marriage (i.e. have reached the age of puberty)

Those above are the major aspects. There is no set time (i.e. once one completes their university education, etc.) for getting married, and it will vary from person to person.

• Advanced Member

i think a man should get married whenever he feels like he can take care of his wife to be best of his ability. plus if he recieves a family inshallah he should be able to take care of them too. so even if that means he has to marry a little late...thats better than getting married early and suffering..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Burqa N Purdah

Well, I suppose if your parents raised a baby then certainly marriage at 12 wouldnt be a good idea. If perhaps your parents raised an adult and not a infant, then you'd be ready by 11-14 for sure.

Edited by Burqa N Purdah

• 2 months later...

(bismillah)

I think as soon as someone is financially able he should get married.

what has marrige got to do with finance

all marrige is is

there is agirl thats living

and a guy who is living

they dont have to change their finance they just live together. will her finance decrease just because she lives with another person?????

relating finance with marrige is anti islamic and god says in the quraan not to think like this

also religion encourages early marriage

ahlulbait used to get married at 12 or 13 and so on

if your on thier religion you should recomend what they recomended