Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Naqshbandi

What do shias think of the Naqshbandis?

Rate this topic

Why do the shias think of the Naqshbandis?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I think it’s the sufi branch of Deobunidies(Wahabies) – and they link themselves to Abu Bakar instead of Ali(AS) (unlike other Sufi sects)

:SL:

This is the sunni standpoint of Naqshabandis.

http://allaahuakbar.net/sufism/naqshbandis/index.htm'

Since the articles prove them to be Mushriks, forgive me if I have inflicted any pain to you, we cant consider you muslims neither can the shi'as.

But if you would like to discuss this, then by all means, start a topic.

Im sorry again.

:SL:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats a salafi site,its not sunni,we're sunnis,we don't commit shirk,i been to dikr sessions,there isn't a trace of shirk in them,we follow the qu'ran and sunnah

What I think it’s the sufi branch of Deobunidies(Wahabies) – and they link themselves to Abu Bakar instead of Ali(AS) (unlike other Sufi sects)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

deobandis and wahabbis are two different groups,so are the deobandis and nasqabandis

Muslims should be very cautious of these little sects that pop up here and there.

Any sect that doesn't have the backing of Quran and ahadith is surely in err.

May Allah guide all well-intentioned Muslims to the true path. Illahi ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sufism is the major, but not the only, manifestation of Ihsan in Islam. Most of the great Sufis were also jurists such as Muhammad al-Ghazali and Jalal al-din Rumi. All Sufi orders except one trace their lineage back to Ali (as). So there is an inner link between Sufism and the Imams. While most Sufi turuq are Sunni, there are also Shi'i Sufi orders such as the Nimatullahi. The Safavid dynasty in Persia was also of a Shia-Sufi orientation.

There are of course Wahhabis and even some Shi'i who deny the validity of Sufism. These puritanical (and often modern) groups deny over 1000 years of intellectual, artistic, cultural, and even military contributions from devout Muslims. I would not be so quick to condemn any group that says, "La ilaha ill Allah Muhammadun rasul Allah." Allah knows best.

You might check out the essay "Shi'ism and Sufism: their Relationship in Essence and in History" in the book "Sufi Essays" by Seyyed Hossein Nasr. And also "Kernel of the Kernel: A Shi'i Approach to Sufism" by Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Tabataba'i.

In Peace,

Abu Abdallah

Assalamu Alaikum,

I don't know enough about your tariqah except that it goes back to the Prophet (sal) through Abu Bakr (ra). I have a good Muslim friend who was initiated into the Naqshabandi order.

While I believe that Ali (as) is the supreme spiritual pole after the Prophet (sal), other companions such as Abu Bakr, Salman Farsi, and Bilal were also given inner knowledge or marifah. -It is inherent in the Quran and Sunnah.

Take care,

Abu Abdallah

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Prophet Muhammad (saaw) told Aba Thirr al Ghaffari®:

"Oh Aba Thirr, there will nearing the end of time a group, who wear wool in their summers and winters, thinking that they have a higher status than others, these people are cursed by Allah and the Angels of the earth and heavens."

Imam Ali al Reda said: "Whoever hears of sufism in his presence and does not reject them in his heart and tongue, he is not from us, and he who rejects them, is likened to fighting the non believers and hypocrites at the time of the Prophet (saaw)."

Imam Ali al Reda stated: "A person wont call himself a sufi, except to cheat, or to be blasphemous, or out of stupidity, and a person who calls himself a sufi in faith, there is no wrong doing on his part, if he is sick of his title, and does not preach their blasphemous ideas."

sorry brother...not only does the Prophet condemn sufism...Allah(swt) and the Angels curse it...

I dont really know much about naqshbandis, but I have sure heard a lot, so if someone can give a link to an "actual" naqshbandi website (and not hate propoganda sites) it would be really appreciated

Salaam Alaikum

Well I am a Shia and a Sufi. I am a Dawoodi-Bektashi. We are different from other Bektashis because we do not allow consumption of Alchohol and we Pray Namaz and Fast During Holy Ramadan. We have some Suspicions of Naqshabandis because many of our Lodges were stolen by the Turkish Govt. and given to Naqshabandi Sheikhs and also your Silsila is different from all the other Orders.

You are Muslim, Deviant NO. Suspicious yes.

Wa'Salaam

And also "Kernel of the Kernel: A Shi'i Approach to Sufism" by Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Tabataba'i.

Dear brother Abu Abdullah, can you tell me where to find that book, as it is not available easily, will be much obliged, thanks in advance, Wasalam, will be much in debted, need it for university!

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Prophet Muhammad (saaw) told Aba Thirr al Ghaffari®:

"Oh Aba Thirr, there will nearing the end of time a group, who wear wool in their summers and winters, thinking that they have a higher status than others, these people are cursed by Allah and the Angels of the earth and heavens."

Imam Ali al Reda said: "Whoever hears of sufism in his presence and does not reject them in his heart and tongue, he is not from us, and he who rejects them, is likened to fighting the non believers and hypocrites at the time of the Prophet (saaw)."

Imam Ali al Reda stated: "A person wont call himself a sufi, except to cheat, or to be blasphemous, or out of stupidity, and a person who calls himself a sufi in faith, there is no wrong doing on his part, if he is sick of his title, and does not preach their blasphemous ideas."

sorry brother...not only does the Prophet  condemn sufism...Allah(swt) and the Angels curse it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you think these hadiths are really valid?sounds like a falsifed hadith

Assalamu Alaikum,

"It should be known that this method of mind contol that "Bahr al-Ulum" (a treatise attributed to the late Ayatullah Sayyid Mahdi ibn Hasan) has mentioned here is adopted from the practices in the Naqshbandi order. The Naqshbandis are a group of Sufis who are scattered in Turkey and some other places. The founder and spiritual guide (murshid) of the order was Khawajah Muhammad Naqshband, hence the name of the order, the Naqshbandiyyah."

-from "Kernel of the Kernel" by Allamah Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Tabataba'i

Also, the Akbarian wahdat al-wujud or wahdat al-shuhud has been probably been employed by more Shi'ites than Sunnis. It is an Islamic articulation of tawhid. It may seem esoteric to some, but it is the Reality that the Prophet (sal) experienced in the 7th century. When Muslims stopped experiencing tawhid as a presence in their hearts it became necessary to write about it in more detail. The clearest discussion of this subject I have found (outside of the Quran) is in Martin Ling's "What is Sufism" Chapter 6 entitled, "The Doctrine." You might also read "Seventh-century Sufism and the School of Ibn 'Arabi" in "Sufi Essays" by Seyyed Hossein Nasr.

Peace,

Abu Abdallah

The Prophet Muhammad (saaw) told Aba Thirr al Ghaffari (as):

The mark of the true sufi is poverty and humility and not pride. The scholars among the sufis have always agreed with this hadith and cursed the fakers who have tried to pass as faqirs.

Do you have the Arabic version of the hadith because the word "Sufism" is a modern variation of Sufi. The only word that might have been used would be tasawwuf. In any case I would like to see the original. We also know that one of the greatest Sufis Muruf al Karkhi (ra) was disciple of Imam Ali al-Rida (as)

This is true, but it does not deny the validity of true sufis who do not abuse their state or confuse it with a mere title. Sufism, tasawwuf, or tazkiyyah is another name for Ihsan, -which can be found in the well-known Gabriel hadith. "Ihsan is to worship God as if you see him, and if you see Him not know that He sees you".

Peace,

Abu Abdallah

so naqshbandis are shias? man so many sect in shism ...

now i have to learn abt them aswell..

cuz in the end what if their on the true path, so atleast have to do some reading on them.. Whats their official website..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no naqshbandis are Sunni,it would be great if you did,thier official website is www.naqshbandi.org

oh rite.. if u dont mind brother NasqabandiTA.. can u briefly tell me about ur beliefs, an dthe main difference between brelvi and deobandis?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we belive that prophet muhammad(s.a.w) founded the Golden chain,and we belives in a line of shieks from Abu bakr to shiek nazim of today,we don't get involed in political discussions,we do dikr like everyone else,but a silent one,anything else?

this is taken from ur site:

Fashion of calling when asking intercession

Our grandShaykh Shaykh cAbdullah ad-Daghestani advised this fashion of calling on the Prophet (s) and the Shaykhs of the Order when asking their intercession. This formulation was transmitted to him by his Shaykh who received it through the Golden Chain, each Shaykh passing it one to another.

Ya Sayyid as-Sadat wa Nur al-Mawjoodaat, ya Man huwa al-malja'u liman massahu daymun wa ghammun wa alam. Ya aqrabal-wasa'ili ila-Allahi ta'ala wa ya aqwal-mustanad, attawasalu ila janabika-l-a’zam bi-hadhihi-s-saadaati, wa ahlillah, wa Ahli Baitika-l-Kiram, li-dafci durrin la yudfacu illa bi wasitatik, wa rafci  daymin la yurfacu illa bi-dalaalatik, ya Sayyidi wa Mawlay, Ya Rasool Allah, Ya Rahmatan lil-calameen:

Nabi

Siddiq

Salman

Qassim

Jacfar

Tayfur

Abul Hasan

Abu cAli

Yusuf

Abul cAbbas

cAbdul Khaliq

cArif

Mahmud

cAli

Muhammad Baba as-Samasi

Sayyid Amir Kulali

Khwaja Baha'uddin Naqshband

cAla'uddin

Yacqub

cUbaidullah

Muhammad az-Zahid

Darwish Muhammad

Khwaja-kal-Amkanaki

Muhammad al-Baqi

Ahmad al-Faruqi

Muhammad Macsum

Sayfuddin

Nur Muhammad

Habibullah

cAbdullah

Shaykh Khalid

Shaykh Ismacil

Khas Muhammad

Shaykh Muhammad Effendi al-Yaraghi

Sayyid Jamaluddin al-Ghumuqi al-Hussaini

Abu Ahmad as-Sughuri

Abu Muhammad al-Madani

Shaykh Sharafuddin ad-Daghestani

Shaykh cAbdullah ad-Daghestani

Shaykh Muhammad Nazim al-Haqqani

so this is a type of tawussal rite?

so u call upon the prophet (saw) and the sheikhs to intercede for you.. is that rite?

one thing i noticed is that after Sidiq which is abu bakr init.... it says salman,.... So does that mean u reject Umar ibn Khattab?