Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Surahs in prayer

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I recently heard from a scholar that in the first two rak'ats of salah, if you recite surat-al-quraish after al-hamd, then you MUST also recite surat-ul-feel. Similarly, if you recite surah ansharia then you MUST recite another surah (I forgot which one he mentioned). Does anyone else know of this rule and is there a fatwa regarding this ?

Wasalam,

Wassee

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Ruling according to Sayyid Seestani:

987. In the the daily obligatory prayers, one should recite Surah al-Hamd in the first and second Rak'ats, and thereafter one should, on the basis of precaution, recite one complete Surah. The Surah az Zuha and Surah Inshirah are treated as one Surah in namaz, and so are the Surah al-Fil and Quraysh.

ws

• Veteran Member
(salam)

Ruling according to Sayyid Seestani:

987. In the the daily obligatory prayers, one should recite Surah al-Hamd in the first and second Rak'ats, and thereafter one should, on the basis of precaution, recite one complete Surah. The Surah az Zuha and Surah Inshirah are treated as one Surah in namaz, and so are the Surah al-Fil and Quraysh.

ws

bismillah for every surah has to be recited. i wonder how people would react if someone leading the prayer decided to recite all three surahs? they would think he made a mistake.

• 4 years later...
  • Veteran Member

Why two Surahs are considered one in Namaz? Off course when they are two it means they are two not otherwise. I am hearing this for the first time. However i always recite Surah Al-Qadr and Surah Al-Taouheed in the two Raka'ats after Surah Al-Hamd. It made me confuse that some Surahs are to be read together. I am follower of Syed Sistani (a.r) then i have to recite the two if Syed has said so but i prefer to do what i do usually.

• Advanced Member

Why two Surahs are considered one in Namaz? Off course when they are two it means they are two not otherwise. I am hearing this for the first time. However i always recite Surah Al-Qadr and Surah Al-Taouheed in the two Raka'ats after Surah Al-Hamd. It made me confuse that some Surahs are to be read together. I am follower of Syed Sistani (a.r) then i have to recite the two if Syed has said so but i prefer to do what i do usually.

^The ruling is based on ahadith of Ahl al-Bayt (as). See: http://rafed.net/books/hadith/wasael-6/was6003.html#29

w/s