Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Muskateer_004

Being friends with na-mahram

Rate this topic

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

Sister Faithmuslima: Answer my question please.

According to this theory I cannot befriend my female cousins. I cannot go to the mall with them. I cannot talk to them because this will trigger my sex hormone.

Im sorry but where Im from we all see each others as brothers and sisters. Non mehram and mehram. I do understand that they have to wear hijab infront of me, but NOT befriending me is ridiculous.

Ali

Unfortunately, where I come from, they don't even knwo that cousins are na-mehram. They all live in the same house, grew up like that, and they take each others as "brothers and sisters". When they are infront of me, they wear Hijab, I told them that I'm you're Na-Mehram. But that doesn't mean I still can't talk to them or whatever. I am still their "cousin", I am their family member...Cousins are very close to each other, and I don't think there is any thing wrong, with being "friends", ofcourse without any haram ie.

^Ofcourse everything has a limit

Edited by Show Stopper

Right, culture usually blurs some practical Islamic laws.

I don't think there is any thing wrong, with being "friends", ofcourse without any haram ie.

What does being friends entail exactly?

Maybe it should be halal for nonmahrams to touch. Afterall, I can control my emotions, I'm not sick-minded.

Salam Alaykum.

Some good points made above.

Once again: Male sex hormone easily triggered

Firstly if intentions was a factor, do you know what his/her intentions are?  Or how he/she might be affected by an "innocent" trip to the mall?

Why put yourself in that position?  What ever happened to taking precaution?  What's the point of lowering one's gaze?  What have the Ahlulbayt (as), our examples, taught/shown us?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can keep fasting for a month, then why can't you control yourself for 2 hours? Is it really that hard? We aren't european, we are muslim. We can do better than them.

All goes back to one thing: Allah (swt) knows best.

Please answer my questions:

Should touching be permissible amongst nonmahrams? We can all control our emotions right?

Can you befriend a nonmahram and keep your gaze down at the same time?

no comment on the issue but i wud just like to add abt friends is frienship is a strange thing we find ourselves telling each other thedepest details of our lives,things we dunt share with our families who raised u,a friend is all the things n more.Wut if u dunt have such feelings as love with ur friend who is a na-mehram,wut if u cant even think,imagine nething like that,is it still possible wut if u try or have a relationship witha male friend just as u have it with ur close female friend(keeping inmind that u dunt touch each other)

friendship doesnt only means going to a mall,hanging out,or studying in groups, its much more than that,a heart to feel,an ear to listen,sum 1 whom u can relyon

if u have sucha frienship with ne na mehram,n u feel that u wont have such realtion with ne1 wut wud u say,wud go on with it or wud aliienate urself??

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

OFCOURSE I can befriend a NA MEHRAM and NOT touch her. I just keep a distance. Regarding the gaze: I do admit if shes HOT I might have a difficult time NOT looking, but its a practice. But if shes not attracted it makes it much more easier.

Lol

Ali

I want to know what is the actual point of being friends with non-mahram? If anyone can answer me this properly than i would be amazed.

People tend to make excuses for their action to make it seem right, But in the end of the day how would befriending a non-mahram make you any closer to Allah?

Sometimes being friends with them you can help them, but is that your ultimate reason and your only reson for getting close (as friends) DEFINETLY not, its practically impossible, so thus you have your own personal satisfaction out of it! and plus the non-mahram could befriend the same gender who will help her/him just as muhc (or just go on shiachat, and both non-mahram and mahram will help you with your life situations!)

I mean the ultimate qu. is can you JUST be friends with a non-mahram? A friend is one whome you keep as a friend forever, theire lasting, but with non-mahram, you will HAVE to end it sooner or lator, simple as, she will get married her husband won't let her be so close to you at all etc.

So all this friendship would lead to is a nothing in the end, since it will stop when either one of you two get married. So then again...Whats the Point?!?!?!

ps. i also would hate to know that this other guy knows some personal stuff about my wife, and so much about her cause they were once 'friends'! :angry: