Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

age difference in marriage

Rate this topic

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ikhlaas

Wa-alaykom Assalaam sister

Where's the option to specify? :blink:

:P Either way, I'd say 1-4 years. Remember though, this differs with every individual, each of whom has different preferences, maturity levels, circumstances, etc.

Wassalaam..

• Advanced Member

salam.

well this seems silly but its really good, my uncle had this formula for the diffrence of years between wife and husband and how much should it be, i was saying for the guys, take ur age, divide it by 2 and add 7 to it, and thats how much ur wife's age should be, and if u do, that seems really fiar, like if ur 26, divide that by 2 and u will get 13 add it with 7, and u will get 20.. a 20 years old girl would be a perfect match for u..

see...

Guest Shireen

To make it very brief. Age is basically not a real factor but it's known that girls turn mature earlier than guys and therefore I'm in favour of (in my case) the husband being elder than me, like 2-5 years.

However in the end it depends upon you, upon your own case. Each individual has different kind of priorities and the above given 'formula' can in certain people's case not be applied. Some are also satisfied and happy having married a husband who's younger in age.

But still I personally couldn't marry someone younger than me. Just my opinion. ^_^

• Advanced Member

bismillah

my husband is like almost 10 years older than me and we have no problem with that. We fit perfect together and I dont even notice the difference... I think finding a man who is quite older is sometimes better.

Ohhh... and by the way brother Komail... your uncle is right... i did the little formula and i am perfect age for my husband!!!

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member

I dont think age should really matter but as most people have pointed out in this forum that their personality/maturity/they way they can handle their responsibilities matters....lets face it a 25 year old could be very immature and might not be able to handle the responsibilities that entials with life forget marriage... I personally wouldnt mind getting married to someone younger then me as long as he/his family did not have a problem with me because its just a 'norm' that women get married to men older than them.... :!!!:

• Advanced Member
I personally wouldnt mind getting married to someone younger then me as long as he/his family did not have a problem with me because its just a 'norm' that women get married to men older than them....  :!!!:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

But, you dont want to be a second mother to him, it is better if the man is older than the women as he should have more experience in life.

Ws

• Advanced Member

BAtool7: What kind of experience??? Life experience depends on how you lived your life and with whom... and quite frankly if you are really mature and your character is strong then it doesnt realllllllyyyyyy maattttteeeeerrrr about your age but this only applies to those men who are intelligent/mature/responsible.... the rest are striked off me list :!!!:

i would guess that for many men the prefered age difference gets bigger the older they become.

Muhammed ALi: why do you say that?? You mean they are too old and they have to find some1 younger then them, to make it easier for them?? Explain plz :!!!:

One more point do remember that our Holy Prophet (s.a.w) married bibi khadija who was very much older than him... :)

Edited by starzzz

• Advanced Member
bismillah

my husband is like almost 10 years older than me and we have no problem with that.  We fit perfect together and I dont even notice the difference... I think finding a man who is quite older is sometimes better.

Ohhh... and by the way brother Komail... your uncle is right... i did the little formula and i am perfect age for my husband!!!

fi amanillah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ohh yeah, now thats what i am talking about.. and i will go by that formula too.. but i have to see when i am gonna marry, cuz the formula changes as the age goes up.

Y isnt their a formula for the girlies???  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just have to do the inverse of the formula Komail posted: subtract 7 from your age and then multiply that number by 2, e.g. I'm 17, and according to that formula I should marry someone who is: 17 - 7 = 10, 10 * 2 = 20, I should marry a guy who is 20. Apparently... :huh:

why is that men tend to marry gals quite younger than themselves

like if a guy is around early thirties he wud want a gal from the age bracket of early twenties :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because he wants someone who will stay wrinkle-free for longer than a woman of his own age would. Pure logic isn't it? :huh:

^^

so she gives her 1st birth @ 40...how many more can she have? some ppl want 8 kids |:| then what? she will be 2 old 2 run after dem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what about what the woman wants? Bloody men, only ever think about themselves! Why does the Y chromosome have such a detrimental effect on the brain? Why would a man want 8 kids? He probably wouldn't even be at home to watch them grow up and play his part in bringing them up! (If on the other hand you are a dedicated father of your children, or plan to be, then I revoke my previous statement for you only).

^Yaar Matami Shah, lagta hai inhai ghusa aagayia hai :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was the way of the Prophet (pbuh) to speak the language that the majority of those present could understand. Therefore, please translate! I don't speak 'Urdish' :unsure:... bas adri Arabi... :D shwaya... ahem... :(

^Lol that's why I wrote it in Urdu, so you can't understand it :D

Ana kalam arabi showaya showaya too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Male chauvinist! :angry: I can tell from your Khaleeji dialect... :huh: You've been hanging around with the outcasts. Hahaha. :lol:

Edited by Assassin

• Advanced Member

Salaamz,

I believe all that matters in a marriage and a criteria looking for a partner is pschycological maturity not ruling out the financial aspect(for a guy),which may or may not be depended on the age factor.Generally speaking a person attains certain maturity level with his/her experiences in life which do not necessarly cm vt age.Well how do u get that maturity???learning ti take responsibilities,tackling risks and exposing urself to various situations.At times the maturity levels u find in a 23 year old guy are not found in a 26 years old..well it happens....and is a fact..

I believe managing your partner is just managing a personality....men and women possess different personalities and all u need ti do is manage em effectively and efficiently and ur maturity and skills matters at that time.

Relating the age factor, it is said women tend to appear physically older sooner than men...and the age gap of 5 -6 years between husband and wife is prefered keeping that biological aspect in mind.I would personally prefer taking a string of interviews wiv my 'to be partner' and see if she has the ability to be managed and manage my finances.lolzzzzzz

wssalaam....

HUSSAIN ABEDI...

• Advanced Member
ohh yeah, now thats what i am talking about.. and i will go by that formula too.. but i have to see when i am gonna marry, cuz the formula changes as the age goes up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

i fully agree with ur uncle's formula brother komail, and i think the formula is still perfect even in older age; e.g. at age 70, your wife should be 42! Just perfect! :)

thanks and salaam

ammarjasir3355