Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do You Cry In Prayers?

Rate this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest arthur

(salam)

For the first time in my life when I recently went on Ziyaraat, I cried in my prayers at the haram. It felt so so wonderful, trust me nothing NOTHING can beat the feeling of obedience to Allah SWT, bowing to the creator completely moved me and is truly overwhelming.

YA RAB!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I still remember the first time I cried. I was 9 years old, and I was listening to dua kumail. I burst into tears at the part:

"Fa Habni Ya Ilahi..Sabartu 3ala 3athabik

Fa Kayfa Asbiru 3ala Firakik

Wa Habni Sabartu 3ala harri narek

Fa kayfa Asbiru 3an Annathari Ila Karamatik

Am kayfa askunu fil nar, waraja3i 3afwuk...."

• Advanced Member
I still remember the first time I cried. I was 9 years old, and I was listening to dua kumail. I burst into tears at the part:

"Fa Habni Ya Ilahi..Sabartu 3ala 3athabik

Fa Kayfa Asbiru 3ala Firakik

Wa Habni Sabartu 3ala harri narek

Fa kayfa Asbiru 3an Annathari Ila Karamatik

Am kayfa askunu fil nar, waraja3i 3afwuk...."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mashallah try not to lose that level of faith :angel:

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member
Maybe because you were scared from the Wahabi's :lol:

Fi'e Aman Allah....

Seriously when I went the second day the guard kicked me :mad: and all i heard was bidah *spit spit* I would knocked him out but that wasn't the time or the place... lucky git :realangery:

I cried a few times but mostly I remmber crying on Lailat ul-Qadr a few times...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam) @) Yeh, i cried once in namaz and i felt so guilty because i had become so corrupt and committed lot's of sins. so i decided to become religious and prayed to Allah almighty to guide me on the right path, and four months on i got a fone call out the blue saying im going to hajj and i thought it was an honour and blessing from Allah.so there's no shame in crying, even if your you cant cry try to act like you want to cry because Allah undestands everyones pain and struggle, and inshallah he'l guide all of our muslims into the right path.

(salam)

I think we should focus on remembering God and doing so in humility, and informing our hearts about what we are saying and doing in our prayers, not focus on crying, and tears, legs shaking, etc, will come in time inshallah

• 8 months later...
  • Advanced Member
My friend does occasionally. Unfortuanately, I am not at that level yet :(

Salam Alaikum,

Inshallah we can all reach that level of prayer where with every Ayah, every movement during prayer, we are in close connection with Allah (swt). Where we sense His being and are overcome with love, fear and hope.....

A little off topic but FOTROS are you the same one who posts those nice videos of Helali on YouTube?

Wasalam,

Eman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

A couple of years ago, during Laylatul Qadr, before begining my prayers at night,i listened to a lecture regarding the Hereafter, then when i went for prayers, i could not help but weep profusely, i wept my heart full, after wards i really felt content and at peace. Also sometimes i cant help but cry during prayers, but mostly when i feel helpless and the sort. But to be honest, the only time i guess i wept because of the fear of Allah(SWT) was during that Night of Qadr.

Also, one cant help but weep, while reciting the Shifa al-SAJJADIYYA ,its so heart rendering .

But the whole point of my rant being, that its kind of easier to weep during prayers ,if we prior to that read or listen to the Suras of the Quran that deal with the punishment of the hereafter or some lectures that deal with it.But its my own opinion due to my own personal experience. But honestly afterwards ,you feel so content and light,Its a blessing from Allah(swt) The Lord of the Worlds.............

Wasallam

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

watch this

Dua Abu Hamza

Why cry

And Who would be in a worse state than me, when i am carried to a grave i haven't prepared for in my life,

So why wouldn't I cry! I cry for surrendering my life, I cry because of the darkness of my grave, I cry because of the narrowness of my grave, I cry for the questioning of Munkar and Nakeer of me (the names of the two angels that question the dead after being laid in the graves), I cry from my leaving my grave (in the hereafter) naked, humiliated and carrying my book (of deeds) on my back, I look to the right once and to the left once and I discover that people today have other concern than mine, for every person that day has a concern of his own, some faces today are bright, laughing and joyful, while other faces that day are dusty, loaded with submission and humility.

salaamunalaykum wr wb..

i think i read eating some sort of lentils i think the black one softens the hears and helps w/ tears or something like this. anyhow when you pray try to picture yourself a slave of Allah and worthless and yearning to hear a voice of Allah as Musa did as this is the same Lord of Adam, Ibrahim, Noah, Yusuf, Jesus, Mohammad etc. try to imagine we are suffering in this world only to keep away from mundane luxuries and to live humbly and be amongst the first to enter to enter heaven and the sufferings/trials it brings along with it..and the cries should be kind of like "ya Allah why everyone want to go against Haqq and allow me to be with you in nearness as your loved ones are." inshaAllah this will help.

Guest JacobM

Sometimes I cry in Salah when I realize how much harem I've committed and the mercy of Allah (swt) that I need in order to be forgiven.

I kind of wish I didn't have to cry at times because I shouldn't be committing the harem in the first place. It's very admirable to cry out of the fear of Allah (swt) though.