Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SHIA-OF-ALI

Umar Being Corrected by a Woman

Rate this topic

(salam)

Sunni brothers and sisters,

Why do you insist on following your man made caliphs (refering to the 1st 3).

Such was the knowledge of your caliph Umar that even a woman, yes you read it correctly, a woman had to correct him!

It is pity that you did not make her a caliph as well. LOL

No offence to any sunni brothers and sisters who may be reading. :)

There is a story from the time of 'Umar ibn al-Khatab that he had intended to try to limit the excessses concerning the dower that is paid to women upon marriage.

The story states that after 'Umar ibn al-Khattab had made such a plea from the minbar and stated that if anyone pays more as dower than what the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to pay, he would put that excess amount in the Public Treasury.

A woman from the Quraish came to him and said, "O commander of the Faithful, does the Book of Allah have more right to be followed or your statement? He said, "The Book of Allah." So she then told him, "You have just prohibited the people from giving an excessive amount for dower but Allah has stated in His Book,"And if you have given them a geat amount of gold as dower, take not the least bit of it back.'" [4:20]

And then 'Umar said two or three times, "Everybody has a better understanding than 'Umar"

Then he got back on the minbar and said, "O people, I used to forbid you from being excessive with respect to the dower of women. Verily a man may do whatever he sees fit with his wealth."

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

(salam)

Sunni brothers and sisters,

Why do you insist on following your man made caliphs (refering to the 1st 3).

Such was the knowledge of your caliph Umar that even a woman, yes you read it correctly, a woman had to correct him!

It is pity that you did not make her a caliph as well. LOL

No offence to any sunni brothers and sisters who may be reading. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it was very funny how you start to slander one of the great men in islam and moreover one of the prophet's pbuh closest and dearest companions, and then so easily say " no offense sunnis"....the shame of it all when someone so insignificant to islam like me and you sit down in front of a pc and so easily put down the achievements of someone who fought hell and blood to raise islam to its deserved status back then in the jahiliyya.... shame on us...may Allah forgive us all...

brother shia of ali be careful to what u say...

(salam)

Brother Ghufran, I am sorry if I have caused you any offence. I am only stating the fact that the sunni 2nd caliph Umar was corrected by a woman.

If she had more knowledge then Umar then I rest my case.

It is not against the Sunni conception of Leadership. Sunnis do not consider caliphs infallible. Sunnis are just democratic. It goes in favor of Omar that he was not ashamed and was not vain to decline from his decision when a woman opposed him. It is also recounted by the Sunnis that Omar always said that he would have been ruined if he did not have the counsel of Ali.

i think it was very funny how you start to slander one of the great men in islam and moreover one of the prophet's pbuh closest and dearest companions, and then so easily say " no offense sunnis"....the shame of it all when someone so insignificant to islam like me and you sit down in front of a pc and so easily put down the achievements of someone who fought hell and blood to raise islam to its deserved status back then in the jahiliyya.... shame on us...may Allah forgive us all...

You need not be so sorry. Have patience. These guys do not respect their own mujtahids and scholars. I never read anything disrespectful about the three caliphs and even about Aisha in the books of Tabatabai, Shariati, Behesti, Mutahhari, Rafsanjani, Khatami, Baqir Sadar etc. They are critical about them but never uttered anything disrespectful. Al-Masudi, Ibn al-Hadid, Ameer Ali were all shias. But any Shia can read their history books. How they portrayed the three caliphs can help them.

Edited by abeer_xyz

actually, sunni friends tell me this all the time, they make sound like a good thing though when they do it

(salam)

Brother Ghufran, I am sorry if I have caused you any offence. I am only stating the fact that the sunni 2nd caliph Umar was corrected by a woman.

If she had more knowledge then Umar then I rest my case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes but u were saying in a pointed manner. as if to say that if omar was so great like sunnis thinnk, then how come he stood corrected in front of a woman? it was meant to poke sarcasm at him and thats what disturbed me, actually what disturbs me ALOT in this forum, ppl here curse and shame the sahaba like they curse bush and clinton, u guys dont know how great these ppl were, omar and abu bakr were buried on the prophet's side pbuh because thats how theyll be walking in janna in youm al qiyama, side by side.......

it just pains me to see the level of direspect shias here have for the sahaba, totally ignoring their situations with the prophet, how they loved him, protected him, and feared for his safety, just like sayyedna ali did..so please dont go around making jokes about them like they were ur next door neighbours, wala im so ashamed of being involved in a forum that openly ridicules omar and abi bakr radiya Allah 3anhuma, i just feel its my duty as muslim to try to reform and correct as much as possible....

wal salam

actually, sunni friends tell me this all the time, they make sound like a good thing though when they do it

that's because they are nominal muslims. Faith is based on reasoning. They have got none :angel:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

excuse me, nominal muslims? and sunnis have no reasoning? you seem to forget that theyer muslim too and very good muslim for that matter, to be a good muslim, u need to have reasoning...im beginning to grow tired of thse mindless insults...it seems like all u do...

excuse me, nominal muslims?  and sunnis have no reasoning? you seem to forget that theyer muslim too and very good muslim for that matter, to be a good muslim, u need to have reasoning...im beginning to grow tired of thse mindless insults...it seems like all u do...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sunnis may be the greatest of all the people in the world, but all of their works are negated if they are observing the Deen just because their ancestors were muslims.

Edited by halaqah

out of 120,000 "sahabas" there were MANY hypocrites as well :squeez:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just as there are sooooo many hypocrites here, come on, when will u get off ur high mountain and be realistic...not all sunnis are bad/good, just like not all shia are bad/good....arent we all human?

i believe in Allah and i follow the rasool in his way of beleiving in Allah, islam is as simple as that, really....

out of 120,000 "sahabas" there were MANY hypocrites as well :squeez:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. But not the three caliphs. If they were so Ali must have acted like Hussain. Ali rather helped them.

just as there are sooooo many hypocrites here, come on, when will u get off ur high mountain and be realistic...not all sunnis are bad/good, just like not all shia are bad/good....arent we all human?

Aren't jews human as well? Should we live side by side with them? Then what about hindus?

And nobody is practising taqiyyah here , right now. So there is nothing to hide.

i believe in Allah and i follow the rasool in his way of beleiving in Allah, islam is as simple as that, really....

And Allah tells you to accept the authority of Ulil Amr. Who is your present Ulil Amr? Care to explain?

I agree. But not the three caliphs. If they were so Ali must have acted like Hussain. Ali rather helped them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Imame Ali AS helped the usurpers.

Why?

Because as per the hadith, he, Imame Ali AS is the gate to the City Of Knowledge.

Just goes to show how 'rightly guided' the first three usurpers were because they came running back to Imame Ali AS time and again to seek his approval, advice and wisdom :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aren't jews human as well? Should we live side by side with them? Then what about hindus?

Did the prophet not live side by side with the jews signing a charter? What should the Iranian Shias do? Should they drive the sunnis out of Iran? Why did Ali and his supporters live side by side with the supporters of Abu Bakr?

And nobody is practising taqiyyah here , right now. So there is nothing to hide.

How can I believe that even this statement is not in response to taqiyya while your 9/10th of religion is in taqiyyah?

And Allah tells you to accept the authority of Ulil Amr. Who is your present Ulil Amr? Care to explain?

How many "AMR"s did you receive from your hidden "ULIL AMR" for the last 1 year?

How can I believe that even this statement is not in response to taqiyya while your 9/10th of religion is in taqiyyah?

1-2-3 puri team pay lanat :!!!: No taqiyyah here !

How many "AMR"s did you receive from your hidden "ULIL AMR" for the last 1 year?

Isa(as) , Khizr(as), Ilyas(as) are also "hidden". Atleast our Ulil Amr didn't bomb innocent civilians ;)

Brother Ghufran,

I did not mean to poke sarcasm at Umar as you say. I was merely giving the readers an example of why Umar was not deemed suitable to carry out the role as the caliph of the ummah.

Nothing insulting was said to the Sunni brothers and sisters at all.

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

I would like to clarify Shia Of Ali point differently so the sunnis will get the idea.

The word khalifa means, to take the place,or position of someone who has just died or resigned or whatever the reason.

The khalifa in Islam takes the place of the prophet _ except prophethood of course. If a person takes the place of a prophet surely he should be more knowledgeable then the average woman or man. Such was not the case with Umar.

it is said that Imam Hassan as youth used to tell Abu Baker : " leave by father minbar'

I agree with sunni bros that there should be no sarcasm and bro shia of ali was a bit sarcastic, so cut it out.

actually what disturbs me ALOT in this forum, ppl here curse and shame the sahaba like they curse bush and clinton, u guys dont know how great these ppl were, omar and abu bakr were buried on the prophet's side pbuh because thats how theyll be walking in janna in youm al qiyama, side by side.......

wal salam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What in the heck does where someone is buried have to do with their status in the hereafter??? It is our DEEDS and INTENTIONS that determine where we end up, not where our earthly remains lie. These same men ran away in battle, at least threatened, if not actually killed, the daughter (as) of the Prophet pbuh&hp, usurped the inheritance of Bibi Fatima (as), and the caliphate of Imam Ali (as). So don't bother telling me that just because Aisha allowed them to be buried by Prophet pbuh&hp (while denying his own grandson Hasan (as) to be buried there) has any bearing on their LIFE in this world OR the hereafter. :angry:

Also, if it's your point that whom you are buried with is whom you will be with on the day of Judgement or Resurrection, then woe be to Uthman who lies among Jews :Hijabi:

Edited by Aliya

i can't believe sunnis still do not understand what taqiya is. everything a shia say is taqiya. taqiya my dear bros is when a person tell you what pleases you to hear out of fear or whatever the reason. shias here litterally trash many of your sunnis beliefs and you still call it taqiya. get a grip people.

What in the heck does where someone is buried have to do with their status in the hereafter??? It is our DEEDS and INTENTIONS that determine where we end up, not where our earthly remains lie. These same men ran away in battle, at least threatened, if not actually killed, the daughter (as) of the Prophet pbuh&hp, usurped the inheritance of Bibi Fatima (as), and the caliphate of Imam Ali (as). So don't bother telling me that just because Aisha allowed them to be buried by Prophet pbuh&hp (while denying his own grandson Hasan (as) to be buried there) has any bearing on their LIFE in this world OR the hereafter.  :angry:

Also, if it's your point that whom you are buried with is whom you will be with on the day of Judgement or Resurrection, then woe be to Uthman who lies among Jews  :Hijabi:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spot on Sis Aliya :lol:

ESPECIALLY that last bit!

Atleast our Ulil Amr didn't bomb innocent civilians ;)

As per Sunni concept Rightly Guided Caliphate has fallen and as per 12-ver Shia concept the 12th of the “ULIL AMR"s is hidden. So we both sides, practically and logically, are with out “ULIL AMR” at this time, except – it is my personal opinion – the Iranians. In Iran both the Sunnis and the Shias have nice Islamic system of Government. Hence there, both the Sunnis and the Shias have “ULIL AMR"s. Imam Khomeni is not the sole possession of the Shias.

Neither Iqbal is a sole possession of the Sunnis. It is just an example. The modern Shia thought is greately influenced by Iqbal.

Edited by abeer_xyz

What in the heck does where someone is buried have to do with their status in the hereafter??? It is our DEEDS and INTENTIONS that determine where we end up, not where our earthly remains lie. These same men ran away in battle, at least threatened, if not actually killed, the daughter (as) of the Prophet pbuh&hp, usurped the inheritance of Bibi Fatima (as), and the caliphate of Imam Ali (as). So don't bother telling me that just because Aisha allowed them to be buried by Prophet pbuh&hp (while denying his own grandson Hasan (as) to be buried there) has any bearing on their LIFE in this world OR the hereafter.  :angry:

Also, if it's your point that whom you are buried with is whom you will be with on the day of Judgement or Resurrection, then woe be to Uthman who lies among Jews  :Hijabi:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assalamu ala man ittaba3 al huda,

sister its amazing how u twist words in such a way that they lose their first meaning completely!!! ofcourse where ur buried doesnt determine who ull be with in jannah, come on, even the most ignorant wouldnt beleive that, please dont insult my intelligence!!!!

what i was trying to show is how close those two were to the rasool pbuh, and please tell me exactly where does it say that they ran away in battle? im dying to know....

omar and abi bakr radiya Allah anhuma were very highly regarded by the rasool pbuh, abu bakr was called al sideeq because he was the first o believe in the rasool's message, dont u think it would really be strange if the rasool wasnt able to know the truth of these men if they really were hypocrites, a3oothu billah, the rasool loved these men, so dont go around badmouthing, if anything, for the sake of Allah....

salam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im sorry i dont understand what u mean by ulil amr, u mean the ruler or whatever?

its simple, theres no obedience to anyone if its a sin towards God, basically if its haram i just dont do it, even if i was killed in the process...and what does that have to do with anything anyways???

abu bakr was called al sideeq because he was the first o believe in the rasool's message,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You bloody wish!

It was Hazrat Imame Ali AS.

He (as) was the first male after the Prophet (pbuh) to embrace Islam.

baker was NOT muslim at this time, he was probably idol worshipping.....

Next time, ascertain truth before you post half baked facts based on shirk, bidah and lies.

:squeez: