Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Persian_Mix

Shia or Sunni Who Is On The Right Path ?

Rate this topic

who is on the right path...shias or sunnis?

Salaam,

Those that follow the two weighty things: from the demise of the Holy Prophet pbuh till the day of judgement! (as commanded by the Holy Prophet pbuh )

wasalaam

Edited by carlos

Guest Sayedkk

Salamun Alaikum wa Rahmutallahi wa Barakatu

Sahih Muslim, Part 15, Page 176, Page 194,

Prophet explains to us who his Ahlulbayt are, which were mentioned in 33:33.

Muslims himself reports that Umar told the people in the Prophets home that the Prophet was ill and he didnt know what he was doing when he asked for a paper to write his will. What was Umar afraid of? Could it be, that he knew the Prophet would have made it clear to everyone that Ali is his Successor?

Wasalam

[Moderator's Note: Post has been edited due to a conflict with the rules.]

Edited by Hajar

No one is on the right path, neither sunnis nor shias. Sunniism and shiaism are both constructions of chaotic middle age. Both exceeded the principles of islam laid down by the Koran.

No one is on the right path, neither sunnis nor shias. Sunniism and shiaism are both constructions of chaotic middle age. Both exceeded the principles of islam laid down by the Koran.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I partially agree with you.

There are some weird things to be found in both schools of thought.

Some might wave them away, calling such instances 'weak', but the fact of the matter is that the *truly* right path is the moderate one.

I believe it to be somewhere between 'common' sunnism and 'common' shiism.

The attitude of people following a religion/school of thought does not necessarily indicate the rightedness of that religion/school of thought.

Because The Deeds of People are not proof on the rightedness of a religion.

So, the proper way is to study a religion/school of thought through its original sources and after that make an opinion.

What do you mean by 'common' ? As syedzeeshan said, don't judge a religon by the people that follow it, but look at the religon itself. You will find that there is just ONE shiaism and ONE sunniism as far as the 'aqaid go. Internal differences in fiqh is a difrferent issue.

My problem is: I believed on the Prophet(PBUH) when he said there is one God Who is His(PBUH) God too. I believed on the Prophet (pbuh) when He(PBUH) said that He(PBUH) is the messenger of the same God.

I believed on the Prophet (pbuh) when He (pbuh) said turn your faces to the other Qibla during the prayer. I believed on the Prophet(PBUH) when He (pbuh) said that Ali (as) would be His(PBUH) successor not as a Prophet(PBUH) but as an Imam and a Caliph. Since then I have been believing on Ali(AS). God never spoke to me directly, thus my everything is the Prophet(PBUH).

This is what my religion is, my only worship is to praise Them. What religion do I follow can you tell me?

(salam)

I don't know...  :(

I just don't think that Allah's House(kabaa) and Mecca would be controlled by misguided people... 

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't Yazid (la) have control over Meccah during his "caliphate"?

I'm sure you know what happend during his reign - Key words; Rape, Murder, Looting.

^ It was both.

The army of Yazid confronted the people of Madinah within a mile from Madinah,at a place called "Harrah" in the command of Abdullah ibn Hanzala.A fierce battle took place.The people of Madinah who could not defend themselves took refuge in the tomb sanctuary of Holy Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W.).The Syrian Yazidi army entered Madinah.They broke the sanctity of that holy place and shed the blood of the people so much so that the holy mosque(Masjid un-Nabawi) was filled with blood which even reached Holy Prophet's grave.

Their horses impured the Masjid by passing urine and dung.Among the persons who killed were seven hundred people who were famous for piety and nobility.And the others who were massacred consisted of ten thousand innocent men ,women and children.

The Syrian Yazidi commander left free the army to loot and rape. The shameless Syrian Yazidi army began plunder and rape.Thousands of girls and women got pregnant those newborns later called "The Children of Harrah".It narrated that Yazidi army even committed rape in Masjid un-Nabawi.

"One of the army man entered a womean's house who has recently delivered a baby.Her new born baby was sucking milk in the lap of her mother.The man told that lady:Have you got money?She said:I swear God,the Syrian army did not left a single coin for me.The army man said:Bring some thing for me else I will kill you and your infant.

The woman cried:woe upon you,this is the child of prophet's companion(sahabi).I also gave oath of allegiance to Prophet(S.A.W.) at "Shajara Allegiance".And pointing her infant told:My child I swear God ,if I have something ,I will surely sacrifice upon you".

Suddenly that accursed man snatched the infant's leg who was sucking milk and pulled him away from mother's lap and hit him to the wall.So that the infant's brain got scattered before her mother's eyes and spread all over floor.

The narrator said:As the accursed army man was stepping out of that house his face blackened at once.This incident become an idiom among the people of Madinah.

The depth of the Harrah taragedy was so much that for along period when a man wanted to marry his daughter he was unable to give the guarantee of his daughters maidenhood.

Then the Yazidi army took allegiance from the people of Madinah,to be the slaves of Yazid.It was upon his will to leave them or made them slaves.

The people of Madinah though their property plundered,blood shed and their women raped and molested,all of them gave allegaince "Bayyat" to Yazid except the fourth holy Imam of the Shi'ites Imam Zainul Abedin(A.S.).

The criminal Muslim Ibn Aqbah send slaughtered heads of the people of Madinah to Yazid at Damascus(Syria).As the heads were presented before Yazid he said:"I wish my forefathers who were killed in the battle of Badr would be alive and see how I took revenge with the Prophet of Islam and Muslims".

Ibn Qutaibah in his book "Al-Imamah va Siyasah"

His crimes in Meccah:

After supressing and plundering people of Madinah, Muslim ibn Aqabah started towards Makkah to crush Abdullah ibn Zubair.

Finally Hasin ibn Namir took the leadership of the Syrian Yazidi army and attacked Makkah.When Abdullah ibn Zubair took refuge in Masjid al- Haram and Kaaba.They stoned Kaaba with catapult war machine'and with cloth in kerosene oil and what ever inflammable in hand ,they threw upon upon so thatHoly Kaaba was burnt and demolished.

It is narrated that the Syrian army commander ordered to hit the Holy Kaaba daily with ten thousand stones.

In the meantime as the Syrian army was attacking Holy Kaaba and destroying the holy place ,Allah Almighty gave Yazid no chance and took away his life.He was still under the age of forty.

Yazid in the period of only three years caliphate committed heinous crimes.In his first year of rule he martyred Sayyid ush- Shuhada Imam Husain(A.S.) and captivated his whole family .In his second year of rule allowed his army to kill,loot and transgress the chastity of women in the holy city of Madinah.

In the third year of his rule he set ablaze the Holy Kaaba and demolished the holy place.

The reason for the the death of Yazid some said:He was drunk so much,in that state while dancing ,fell down upon his head and died.

Others said:A bedouin Arab in desert,when Yazid got alone in chase of hunt.He introduced himself to Arab who got furiated and said:You are the murderer of Husain ibn Ali and the Arab killed Yazid on the spot.His body was buried in 'Bab Saghir" in Damascus.Now that place is changed into rubbish heap.

Masudi in "Muruj az-Zahab" said:Yazid used to booze openly in public on the footsteps of Pharoah(Firaun). Rather Firaun was better than Yazid.

And following Yazid his agents and leaders too started debauchery overtly before people.In that period of Yazid's caliphate singing and dancing were performed openly among people.And musical instruments were in use.Alcohol was consumed freely in public.

Didn't Yazid (la) have control over Meccah during his "caliphate"?

I'm sure you know what happend during his reign - Key words; Rape, Murder, Looting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically right now the Jews own Makkah! They got a McDonalds right out side lol

(\/)

^That M means WE ARE HERE TO STAY!

My problem is: I believed on the Prophet(PBUH) when he said there is one God Who is His(PBUH) God too. I believed on the Prophet (pbuh) when He(PBUH) said that He(PBUH) is the messenger of the same God.

I believed on the Prophet (pbuh) when He (pbuh) said turn your faces to the other Qibla during the prayer. I believed on the Prophet(PBUH) when He (pbuh) said that Ali (as) would be His(PBUH) successor not as a Prophet(PBUH) but as an Imam and a Caliph. Since then I have been believing on Ali(AS). God never spoke to me directly, thus my everything is the Prophet(PBUH).

This is what my religion is, my only worship is to praise Them. What religion do I follow can you tell me?

God is not speaking to you directly. Neither the Prophet is speaking to you directly. He died about 1400 years ago. Now what you are to do is to be cautious about what the Prophet really said in terms of text and meaning. Is there anything regarding belief, ethics and general principles of actions for muslims is left out of the Koran? Is not the Koran to be understood first? Is not the Koran pure and complete? Is not the Koran enough for us to formulate our philosophy of life from it?

Where in the Koran has it been said that there shall be twelve infallible imams, or hell shall be the destiny of those who shall not believe on these Imams?

Did the prophet exceed the Koran, or he only implemented the Koran?

If you believe in quran

then You should also believe this ayaat.

Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.

[33:33]

and

The hadith-e-thaqalain states that

"I m leaving behind two weighty things Quran and ahlulbait..."

So it implies that Along with quran and prophet pbuh we should also obey ahlulbait (as)

Edited by sayedzeeshan

the followers of the ahlebait are on the right path. I dont say this but the prophet pbuh  told us, as brother Carlos mentioned :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God says it in his book: To obey God and his messanger. to me this means to follow Mohammad(as)

I partially agree with you.

There are some weird things to be found in both schools of thought.

Some might wave them away, calling such instances 'weak', but the fact of the matter is that the *truly* right path is the moderate one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it goes something like this: shia should follow ahlul bayt the way sunnis follow sahaba, or sunnis should fellow ahlul bayt instead of sahaba

God says it in his book: To obey God and his messanger. to me this means to follow Mohammad(as)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might aswell carry on with the rest of the verse too :)

"O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority (ulu'l-amr) from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end." (4:59)

Might aswell carry on with the rest of the verse too  :)

"O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority (ulu'l-amr) from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end." (4:59)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

meant to reply to this one when I said good one.

If you believe in quran

then You should also believe this ayaat.

Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.

I quote the complete ayaat with the preceding one below:

[33.32] O wives of the Prophet! you are not like any other of the women; If you will be on your guard, then be not soft in (your) speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease yearn; and speak a good word.

[33.33] And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Apostle. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.

Does it mean that there shall be 12 infallible imams? Anyone can very easily understand what God wanted to say here and whom God addressed by "O people of the House". This verse has nothing to do with who is going to be the first caliph after the death of the prophet.

Might aswell carry on with the rest of the verse too  :)

This verse lays down the general principle of the political and administrative organization for muslim community. It was applicable during the lifetime of the prophet and it shall remain applicable till qiyamat.

Now the question is: who are those in authority?

The Prophet was the Chief of the political administration during his life time. But he had a system of government where other persons from his followers had positions too. For example the provincial deputies, the commanders for various military expeditions etc. They were “those in authority among them”.

It is possible to have dispute among the people and those in such authority from among them. The believers are asked to refer the case of dispute to God and the Prophet for solution.

Now how can we apply this principle after the death of the Prophet? It is the responsibility of the Believers to establish a government and obey it. And similarly, if they have disputes with the government they are to refer it to the Koran and the Sunnah.

This is what I understand from the verse.

If we take “those who are in authority” as the 12 infallible imams, the last being hidden, who are appointed by God, how can we act upon this verse now except through waiting for the hidden one leaving the ground for the tyrants. What should be the islamic form of Government now?

If the Imam is infallible and if such imam is appointed by God why then the believers are not asked to refer any dispute among themselves to God, the Prophet and the Imam? Why the Imam is out of the list of referees if he is appointed by God and is infallible?

Edited by abeer_xyz

you know bros, I never understood why the sunnis always try so hard to disapprove that the imams were infallible, while they they don't even consider them as source to the sunnah.