Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
inuit

Who is the best after Holy Prophet(PBUH)

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

the Sunnis believes Abu Bakr the best among the entire mankind after the prophet of Allah (SWT), yet this does not constitute any basic article of faith of a Muslim.

Articles: The Tragedy of Karbala

by Dr. Israr Ahmad

Edited by inuit

The greatest may be all other Prophets (as)

It is clear however If u say among SAHABA then the selection is different..

NO one can be greater than Prophets

Those who vote for Imam ALi think that there is comparisons wth Prophet

(bismillah)

the Sunnis believes Abu Bakr the best among the entire mankind after the prophet of Allah (SWT), yet this does not constitute any basic article of faith of a Muslim.

Articles: The Tragedy of Karbala

by Dr. Israr Ahmad

There is hadith of HAzrat Ali (ra) that greatest among entire Ummah after Prophet pbuh is Abu Bakar (ra) ...

It i srecorded in many books...

If we observed the holy life of Prophet pbuh then there was no comparison that who is great beleiver of Prophet pbuh

Hence we can not compare them...They all are great

May Allaah bless you and grant you peace and comfort, and make you amongst the best of His servants,

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh...to all brothers and sisters..

I would just like to clear a few things here brother inuit, that i am pretty sure that DR israr Ahmed sahib's view is of that which brother taha stated in the above post, he does not say that abu bakr(ra) is the best of all mankind after our beloved prophet(saw) but instead that he is the best from amongst the ummah of prophet(saw) (this is what he meant in the above article), i know that becoz i have spent some time with him and i know his stance on this issue.

(by the way this is my first post on this forum..and insh'Allah not the last i hope)

Wasalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh!

Praise be to Allaah, and may His Blessings and Peace be upon Muhammad(saw),his family and companions.

:) Salam bro JustaMuslim, and welcome to shiachat. I hope your stay here is fruitful, fun and educational.

Anyways, Dr. Asrar Ahmad is a very close friend of my uncle, and I know for a fact that he is salafi in the sense that he follows the Quran and 'authentic' sunni ahadith.

So based on that, what I stated above *should* be his view as well.

There's a possibility the translation above is incorrect. There's a possiblity that he implied that Abu Bakr *IS* the best, however only after the Prophets.

Of course, there's also the possibilty that he made a mistake. I seriously doubt this possibility, however, because the list I mentioned above is well-known among all sunnis, and its (sort of) mentioned in every single jum'a khutbah.

Here is how is status works.

1) Prophet Muhammed(pbuh)

2) Prophet Ibrahim (as)

3) Prophet Musa(as)

4) Prophet Isa(as)

5) Prophet Noah (as)

6) Other Messengers

7) Other Prophets

8)Khulafa ar-Rashideen

9) Other Sahabi

10) Tabaeen

11) Taba Tabeen

12) Wali Allah

13) Momins

14) Muslim

Now i can break this list even futher. But i think ppl get the point.

Edited by Abdaal

There is hadith of HAzrat Ali  (ra) that greatest among entire Ummah after Prophet  pbuh is Abu Bakar (ra) ...

It i srecorded in many books...

If we observed the holy life of Prophet  pbuh then there was no comparison that who is great beleiver of Prophet pbuh

Hence we can not compare them...They all are great

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AN from shia views WIl U try...........

I have read in their books that Imams have great rank over all other prohets

and also in some aspects they have more features than Prophet MUhammad pbuh

2) Prophet Ibrahim (as)

3) Prophet Musa(as)

4) Prophet Isa(as)

5) Prophet Noah (as)

6) Other Messengers

7) Other Prophets

8)Khulafa ar-Rashideen

9) Other Sahabi

10) Tabaeen

11) Taba Tabeen

12) Wali Allah

13) Momins

14) Muslim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moderators - suggest you get this fool to change the quote in his signature as it's grossly inaccurate, portraying the back-stabbing usurpers above our Imam AS.

There is hadith of HAzrat Ali  (ra) that greatest among entire Ummah after Prophet  pbuh is Abu Bakar (ra) ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salam

Even if that hadith is recorded in your books, then i would like to know on what bases is hz abu bakr the greatest after the prophet? Had he knowledge? Was he from the ahle bait? Was he closer to the prophet than imam ali? Was he braver than imam ali(as)??

Salam

Even if that hadith is recorded in your books, then i would like to know on what bases is hz abu bakr the greatest after the prophet? Had he knowledge? Was he from the ahle bait? Was he closer to the prophet than imam ali? Was he braver than imam ali(as)??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite simple:

1) He had the most iman after the Prophet according to sunni ahadith.

2) It was the ijmaa' of sahaba that Abu Bakr was the best amongst them, and since the ijmaa' of sahaba has a place *uuuup* there in the sunni realm, it is therefore the belief of sunnis that Abu Bakr was indeed the best.

Guest mohtashim

Well 19 Votes for ALI

so i hope u all understand

MAULA ALI Is great.

ALI MAULA ALI MAULA ZABAN KAY SATH DIL BOLA ALI MAULA ALI MAULA

Quite simple:

2) It was the ijmaa' of sahaba that Abu Bakr was the best amongst them, and since the ijmaa' of sahaba has a place *uuuup* there in the sunni realm, it is therefore the belief of sunnis that Abu Bakr was indeed the best.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Talha if the people choose Abu Bakar (ra) for therleader than does it mean that they choose him a better person.......

He was choosen better in sight of HOly Prophet pbuh and hence people follow the Prophet to be trusted

If u say that of EIman then u can found hundreds of occassions that show the greatest EIman of Abu Bakar (ra)

Quite simple:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Talha if the people choose Abu Bakar (ra) for therleader than does it mean that they choose him a better person.......

He was choosen better in sight of HOly Prophet pbuh and hence people follow the Prophet to be trusted

If u say that of EIman then u can found hundreds of occassions that show the greatest EIman of Abu Bakar (ra)

Well 19 Votes for ALI

MAULA ALI Is great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IF u r write then I can say

Well ALL people choose ABu Bakar as leader so I too hope that u all will understand

Edited by sabar

Well 19 Votes for ALI

MAULA ALI Is great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IF u r write then

Well ALL people choose ABu Bakar as leader so I too hope that u all will understand

IF u r write then

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't it more like TEN people voted for him.... ten people @ saqifah? :huh:

2) Prophet Ibrahim (as)

3) Prophet Musa(as)

4) Prophet Isa(as)

5) Prophet Noah (as)

6) Other Messengers

7) Other Prophets

8)Khulafa ar-Rashideen

9) Other Sahabi

10) Tabaeen

11) Taba Tabeen

12) Wali Allah

13) Momins

14) Muslim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is incorrect, even according to according to the Sunni view.

Both Sunni and Shia ulema agree upon the hadeeth that states that the Ulema of Islam are higher in rank than the Prophets of Bani Israel.

(salam)

Abdaal dont do bidda here and make up your own list without any bases your list is wrong according to sunnis and shias please if you dont have any knowledge dont innovate and misguide people ,, The best after the prophet (sw) is Imam Ali(as) and the ahlul bayt which consists of the 12 imams and sayyidna Fatima(sa)

Imamat is higher than prophethood as ibrahim(as) was a prophet then became an imam after Allah(swt) tested him and elevated his status when he fullfilled them it is narrated in the Quran :

And when Abraham was tested by his Lord with certain commands and he

fulfilled them. Then He said: Lo! I appoint you an Imam for mankind."

(Quran 2:124).

Imam Ali(as) status :

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh&HF) said: "He who wants to see Noah (as) in his determination, Adam (as) in his knowledge, Abraham (as) in his clemency, Moses (as) in his intelligence and Jesus (as) in his religious devotion should look at Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as)."

Sunni references:

Sahih al-Bayhaqi

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, as quoted in

Sharh Ibn Abil Hadid, v2, p449

Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhruddin al-Razi, under the commentary of the Verse of Imprecation (Mubahilah), v2 p288. He wrote this tradition has been accepted as all genuine.

also Isa(as) will pray BEHIND Imam Muhammad al Mahdi(as) as he greater in rank than Isa(as). This is a Hadeeth which both sunni and shias agree upon .

sunni refrences

Sahih Muslim, Arabic, part 2, p193

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, pp 45,384

Many more countless ayas and ahadeeth .

Both Sunni and Shia ulema agree upon the hadeeth that states that the Ulema of Islam are higher in rank than the Prophets of Bani Israel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, you're wrong here. There are many shia ahadith that state the Prophet said, 'The ulema of my ummah are like the Prophets of Israel'. There are such ahadith in sunni books as well, but it is unanimous among *all* the prominent (sunni) ulema that those ahadith are weak.

I shall restate: The correct sunni view is that Muhammad (pbuh) is the best, then the other prophets come second. Then the khulafa ar-rashidin (however, ahlul-bayt come third in the Shafi'i fiqh), then the other companions, then those that followed the afore-mentioned in good deeds.

brother sabar has still not answered my question. What makes hz abu bakr the best after the prophet pbuh ? Im really interested in the arguments that you would bring up to justify your answer Only because some people at saqifa "selected" him does not make him the best. Ok let me put it this way = To what extent was hz abu bakr better than maula Ali?

Edited by Ya Ali Maula

This is incorrect, even according to according to the Sunni view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol! that is false.

(salam)

Abdaal dont do bidda here and make up your own list without any bases your list is wrong according to sunnis and shias please if you dont have any knowledge dont innovate and misguide people ,, The best after the prophet (sw) is Imam Ali(as) and the ahlul bayt which consists of the 12 imams and sayyidna Fatima(sa)

Imamat is higher than prophethood as ibrahim(as) was a prophet then became an imam after Allah(swt) tested him and elevated his status when he fullfilled them it is narrated in the Quran :

And when Abraham was tested by his Lord with certain commands and he

fulfilled them. Then He said: Lo! I appoint you an Imam for mankind."

(Quran 2:124).

Imam Ali(as) status :

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh&HF) said: "He who wants to see Noah (as) in his determination, Adam (as) in his knowledge, Abraham (as) in his clemency, Moses (as) in his intelligence and Jesus (as) in his religious devotion should look at Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as)."

Sunni references:

Sahih al-Bayhaqi

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, as quoted in

Sharh Ibn Abil Hadid, v2, p449

Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhruddin al-Razi, under the commentary of the Verse of Imprecation (Mubahilah), v2 p288. He wrote this tradition has been accepted as all genuine.

also Isa(as) will pray BEHIND Imam Muhammad al Mahdi(as) as he greater in rank than Isa(as). This is a Hadeeth which both sunni and shias agree upon .

sunni refrences

Sahih Muslim, Arabic, part 2, p193

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, pp 45,384

Many more countless ayas and ahadeeth  .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

stop trying to come up with false information. No sunni so far has disagreed with me.

Moderators - suggest you get this fool to change the quote in his signature as it's grossly inaccurate, portraying the back-stabbing usurpers above our Imam AS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is Shia/sunni section. This is what we Sunnis believe in.

Actually, you're wrong here. There are many shia ahadith that state the Prophet said, 'The ulema of my ummah are like the Prophets of Israel'. There are such ahadith in sunni books as well, but it is unanimous among *all* the prominent (sunni) ulema that those ahadith are weak.

I shall restate: The correct sunni view is that Muhammad (pbuh) is the best, then the other prophets come second. Then the khulafa ar-rashidin (however, ahlul-bayt come third in the Shafi'i fiqh), then the other companions, then those that followed the afore-mentioned in good deeds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I glad we have a Shia here who is unbias and knows the Sunni view very well.

Edited by Abdaal

I've decided to break down the list of Sahabis even futher.

1) Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)

2) Prophet Ibrahim (as)

3) Prophet Musa (as)

4) Prophet Isa (as)

5) Prophet Nuh (as)

6) the rest of the Messengers 313

7) the rest of the Prophets 124,000

8)Khulafa ar-Rashideen (ra)

9) the rest of the 10(who were given the good news of the Garden by the Prophet (pbuh) )

10) The rest of the people of Badr

11) The rest of the people of Uhud

12) The rest of the people of the oath of allegiance (of Hudaybiyaah),

13) The rest of the Sahabis

14) Tabaeen

15) Taba Tabeen

16) Wali Allah

17) Momin

18) Muslim

If any Sunni disagrees with me here feel free to come in and correct me. I don't expect the same thing from the Shias expect from those who have great knowledge of Sunni Islam(I know that person knows who he is.).

this is Shia/sunni section. This is what we Sunnis believe in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but this is a Shia website. Moderators, unless you believe in what he is saying, either ask him for prove his statement to convince us or ask him to drop his signature.

His signature is grossly misleading and an insult to our Imams AS. So come on Mods - do your job!!

Narrated 'Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiya (Ali's son): "I asked my father, 'Who are the best people after Allah's Apostle ?' He said, 'Abu Bakr.' I Asked, 'Who then?' He said, Then `Umar. I was afraid he would say `Uthman next, so I said: 'Then you?' He replied, 'I am only an ordinary person.'"

This Hadeeth is a complete fabrication.