Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

who was the first man to accept Islam?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam aliakum,

My question is Who was the first person to convert to Islam ? Ali or Abubkar?

ok, according to sunnis.. they say Ali as a child, Abu bakr as a man and Khadijah in women accepted Islam first.

Did Abubakr really accepted Islam first? I know Ali did accept Islam first.. whether he was 12 or 13 year old.. but what about Abubakr?

When did Abubakr exactly convert to Islam?

Zanadine.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member

on a sort of related topic, was Khadija (as) the first PERSON (male or female) or the first person AFTER THE PROPHET pbuh&HP? Because from what I have seem from sunni hadith, and even some sunnis I have spoken to say, that khadija (as) was the first person, period. Because her cousin told her that Prophet pbuh&hp was indeed the prophet, and in essence either she, or her cousin, convinced Prophet pbuh&hp as he was unsure, astaghfirullah.

• Advanced Member

From my understanding, he came home excited after the initial revelation, and after telling Khadija (as), he went to sleep. She then went and her cousin confirmed it for HER, but the Prophet pbuh&hp didn't doubt. So, whether he KNEW from early, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the shia view is there was no DOUBT in him from the first revelation.

• Advanced Member

i guess prophet did know i really dont remember how it went but they when prophet pbuh was a little boy once hazrat abu talib took the prophet pbuh with him (they used to do sell their goods in other town and in exchange bought things too)to yasrab(ithink)and there a christian priest saw the prophet pbuh he told hazrat abu talib totake him once home if any one saw what i saw they will kill him i can see all on his face whats in our bible and he is the future prophet so abu talib (as) sold all his good cheep and went home and also it,s in the books he never worshipped idols and he was different from other boys his age so that does show he knew.

• Advanced Member

A very good book on the life of the Prophet pbuh&hp can be found at http://al-islam.org/message/ and it's The Message by Ayatullah Ja'far Subhani Chapter 13 provides evidence of Ali (as) being the first man to accept Islam after the Prophet pbuh&hp

Edited by Aliya
  • Advanced Member
A very good book on the life of the Prophet pbuh&hp can be found at http://al-islam.org/message/ and it's The Message by Ayatullah Ja'far Subhani Chapter 13 provides evidence of Ali (as) being the first man to accept Islam after the Prophet pbuh&hp

:!!!:

An excellent article. Thanks for sharing sis.

There is evidence that Ali  was in the cave with the prophet while he recieved revelation. If this is true Ali  would have known about the prophethood of Muhammad  before Hazrat Khadija  and with this would have been the first Muslim.

Care to share plz?

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

There is evidence that Ali (as) was in the cave with the prophet while he recieved revelation. If this is true Ali (as) would have known about the prophethood of Muhammad pbuh before Hazrat Khadija (as) and with this would have been the first Muslim.

Assalaamu Alaikum.

What evidence?

WaSalaam,

from Sermon "al-Khutbah al-qasi`ah" [sermon 192 in nahjul balagha]

...Certainly, you know my position of close kinship and special relationship with the Prophet of Allah - peace and blessing of Allah be upon him and his descendants. When I was only a child he took charge of me. He used to press me to his chest and lay me beside him in his bed, bring his body close to mine and make me smell his smell. He used to chew something and then feed me with it. He found no lie in my speaking, nor weakness in any act.

From the time of his weaning, Allah had put a mighty angel with him to take him along the path of high character and good behaviour through day and night, while I used to follow him like a young camel following in the footprints of its mother. Every day he would show me in the form of a banner some of his high traits and commanded me to follow it. Every year he used to go in seclusion to the hill of Hira', where I saw him but no one else saw him. In those days Islam did not exist in any house except that of the Prophet of Allah - peace and blessing of Allah be upon him and his descendants - and Khadijah, while I was the third after these two. I used to see and watch the effulgence of divine revelation and message, and breathed the scent of Prophethood.

When the revelation descended on the Prophet of Allah - peace and blessing of Allah be upon him and his descendants - I heard the moan of Satan. I said, "O' Prophet of Allah, what is this moan?" and he replied, "This is Satan who has lost all hope of being worshipped. O' `Ali, you see all that I see and you hear all that I hear, except that you are not a Prophet, but you are a vicegerent and you are surely on (the path of) virtue."

I was with him when a party of the Quraysh came...

[other sources for sermon include: 1) Ibn Tawus, Kitab al-yaqin, 196;

(2) al-Kulayni, Furu` al-Kafi, IV, 168;

(3) al-Saduq, al-Faqih, I, 152;

(4) al-Zamakhshari, Rabi`, I, 113;

(5) al-Mawardi, A`lam, 97;

(6) See al-Tehrani, al-Dhari`ah, VII, 204.]

Edited by Link
  • Advanced Member

salam to all, and special salam today to Kuridsh prince, for he always manages to keep his civility. God bless

I like to point out something about Ali being the firs Muslim child. I thing this mentioned often to make Abu Baker Islam all the more important. The question I would ask is: was Ali Mukallaf or not? If the aswer in yes, then he was the first man to beleive. However,if the answer is no, that would mean the prophet was preaching to non mukallaf, and that is demeaning of the prophet. Please also note bros, that the imam mentionned that they prayed for seven years before anybony even knew about Islam. It is also mentioned That Abu Talib used to order his children to Pray next to mohamad.

So much for prophet non knowing about his prophethood and abu Talib not being a muslim.

From my understanding, he came home excited after the initial revelation, and after telling Khadija (as), he went to sleep. She then went and her cousin confirmed it for HER, but the Prophet pbuh&hp didn't doubt. So, whether he KNEW from early, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the shia view is there was no DOUBT in him from the first revelation.

pbuh Thw name of uncle of Hazrat Khadija (ra) was "Warqa Bin Naufal" who was an Aalim of Torat and Injeel and he confirmed the revealation of Prophet pbuh as he heard from Khadija (ra)

At that time Khadija supported Prophet pbuh a lot.....

Now the prcess of inviting for Kalma was started and when Prophet asked ALi (ra) for Klama he said that after thinking I wl decide but when Invitation to Abu Bakar (ra) was made he accpted it without any hasitation so he is the first

Imam Ali does was not the first man to accept Islam. That is not correct even the Shia view.

Look at this verse of the Quran.

YUSUFALI: Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

PICKTHAL: Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

SHAKIR: Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

This verse says that the Prophet(pbuh) has no sons that were men. His sons died before they reached maturity. The same case applies for Hazrat Ali(ra). He accepted Islam before he became a man. Therefore he was the first child not the first man to accept Islam.

• Advanced Member

Imam Ali does was not the first man to accept Islam. That is not correct even the Shia view.

Look at this verse of the Quran.

YUSUFALI: Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

PICKTHAL: Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

SHAKIR: Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

This verse says that the Prophet(pbuh) has no sons that were men. His sons died before they reached maturity. The same case applies for Hazrat Ali(ra). He accepted Islam before he became a man. Therefore he was the first child not the first man to accept Islam.

actually his age is ALSO discussed in the book. could people please READ it before trying to refute it?

Salam

For those making the comments saying Ali wasnt the first, because he wasnt baligh, let me know where Allah(swt) says you are baligh at a specific age? How do you know he wasnt baligh? If Aisha(LA) was ready for marriage at the age of 9, then why is it not possible that a boy could have been baligh at an age different than now?

Wasalam

• Advanced Member
ABU BAKR NEVER ACCEPTED ISLAM....HE ALWAYS IDOL WORSHIPPED DURING PROPHETS TIME AND UNTIL HE DIED.

HIS GODS WERE, LUT AND UZZA...

Watch it. This is quite uncalled for, in a public forum as well as on the basis of your being a Muslim and upholding the Islamic teaching of *not* calling someone a muslim when he declared himself to be one. If shias get agitated when wahhabis call them kafir, then the same rule applies to shias as well. YOU have no right to judge someone's Islam. Leave that up to Allah.

Abu Bakr never really accepted islam..

Same goes for you. -_-

• Advanced Member

^

Tahasyed,

How the hell can you judge someones Islam and they cant judge the first enemy of Ahlul Bait (as) ?

No one has cursed him or swore about him, so until they do keep your sword sheathed. According to shia hadith he never accepted Islam, as Imam Jafar al Sadiq (as) " Al-Shaikhaayn didnt believe in Allah for even a blink of an eye"

• Advanced Member
ABU BAKR NEVER ACCEPTED ISLAM....HE ALWAYS IDOL WORSHIPPED DURING PROPHETS TIME AND UNTIL HE DIED.

HIS GODS WERE,  LUT AND UZZA...

^Spot on bro Ali and AbdulHujjah! ^_^

This thread is all but petty and stupid.

Imame Ali AS WAS the FIRST man/male/boy to be Muslim after the Prophet pbuh.

Anyone who says otherwise is a PPEK kafir. And may the ultimate lanat from Allah SWT destroy your existence.

• Advanced Member
salam to all, and special salam today to Kuridsh prince, for he always manages to keep his civility. God bless

I like to point out something about Ali being the firs Muslim child. I thing this mentioned often to make Abu Baker Islam all the more important. The question I would ask is: was Ali Mukallaf or not? If the aswer in yes, then he was the first man to beleive. However,if the answer is no, that would mean the prophet was preaching to non mukallaf, and that is demeaning of the prophet. Please also note bros, that the imam mentionned that they prayed for seven years before anybony even knew about Islam. It is also mentioned That Abu Talib used to order his children to Pray next to mohamad.

So much for prophet non knowing about his prophethood and abu Talib not being a muslim.

Either way, If you think about it.. If Ali was the first child to become muslim.. it means he was never a kafir idolator.. If other men became muslim it sure does mean that they were idolator kafir first and then later they converted to Islam..

Another thing is that.. Ali was always a muslim if you think about it.. as a child..

one thing for sure.. Ali (S.A) is the first .. as a boy or even as a young adult. whatever is the case.. Ali is the first.. but now my question is about Abubakr..

What does it say about Abubakr .. How did he convert to Islam and exactly when? Was he the second after Ali to convert to Islam as a male?

I am not going to ask as a man or child. who converted to Islam first. because it seems that sunni's try to disqualify Ali (S.A) being the first to convert .. by saying oh he was just a child.. well as a child he was the first.. but Abubakr a full grown man converted to Islam first ..

that is why i rather ask who was the first male to convert to Islam.. then its Ali (S.A) no doubt about it.

My question is about Abubakr.. When did he convert to Islam and how close was he to the prophet?

Salam

For those making the comments saying Ali wasnt the first, because he wasnt baligh, let me know where Allah(swt) says you are baligh at a specific age? How do you know he wasnt baligh? If Aisha(LA) was ready for marriage at the age of 9, then why is it not possible that a boy could have been baligh at an age different than now?

Wasalam

The Sunni sources say that he was not baligh at that time. And also just to let u know women mature at an earlier age.