Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jondab-Ali

Shianews

Rate this topic

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim

Salaams,

I wanted to address the Administrators of shiachat.com with this serious issue that has recently come to my attention.

I have noticed that the new ad-server here is advertising shianews.com. Whilst islamic ad-servers are a great idea, I think that perhaps we should use more caution when adding certain sites to them.

For instance, upon recently reading shianews, I found this comment of the Editor of that site:

[Regarding Ulema:] It is the Muslims not USA or UK who have given these ignorant cavemen the power to demonise Islam. Mullahs in my opinion are like a cancer in the Muslim society. I am not sure if there is a cure for this dangerous disease yet but sincerely hope that the Muslims will soon realise and find one (before its too late).

--Fayaz Ahmad, Editor-in-Chief, Shia News

Whilst it can be argued that such comments, whilst obviously disgusting and repugnant to those on the line of the True Islam of Muhammad(S), they cannot be used to judge the entire site. This would be a false arguement, owing to the fact that those with ultimate editorial power on that site will, and are, pushing their corrupt views using that site as a platform.

Also, as shiachat has an anti-fitneh policy, if this policy is true and just, then it must extend to all areas of the site. The islamicdigest.net ad-server also held an advert for shianews until it was discovered that the administration of shianews was not even remotely interested in the True Islam and was instead intent upon disuniting the Muslims and corrupting Islam. A boycott campaign is in the works.

I hope that shiachat can also show responsibility and maturity in the same way as the islamicdigest.net has, and remove the advert to this haven of fitneh (shianews). You may also want to get involved in the boycott campaign (for details, contact Sheikh Shabbir).

I trust this matter can be expediently resolved with the minimum of fuss.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

Salam Alaikum.

Simple, they have linked to us and I'm returning the favour.

You're more than free to contact them and discuss the current controversial topic that they've posted. It's the editor's point of view.

Shianews.com is a public service, people send in the news happening in their Area. If you dont send them your articles with your point of view, then they wont be published obviously.

I have been an editor with them for quiet a while now. Allthough I'm only responsible for the North America and ME section, I do from time to time offer help on other sections since Shianews.com has helped the Shia online community for years now. I did make a decision not to post my thoughts on this topic since it doesnt interest me. You however may feel free to send in your complaints :)

Maybe I should take Al-hewar.com off of the advertisement list sincxe the Ulamas are being critisized there as well? Thats not how it works bro.

Side note: You could have contacted me instead of trying to start fitna on this site.. Again!

Salaams,

Yeah they also put up articles that insult imam khamenei(ha)

Bro, it's not just Imam Khamanei(HA) they insult. They insult people like Sayyed Shirazi(RA) even more, let me explain:

With one breath they commemorate his passing, and with the next they blanketly insult all Ulema and call them a "cancer" (all Ulema includes Ayatullah Shirazi(RA), and many others). The only reason that they mention Sayyed Shirazi(RA) is because it allows them to generate yet more fitneh against the Wilayah. In this respect, they view Sayyed Shirazi(RA) as nothing more than a tool to further their own corrupt agenda against the True Islam and it's protectors: The Ulema.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

Salaams,

With respect, Br. Ali, I think you may be missing the point. Al-Hewar.com's Administration team are neutral, and it is a discussion forum, where the content is completely dictated by the users.

On the other hand, I have evidence that certain persons have been barred from becoming news-posters on shianews because their views did not match up to that of the Editor of that site. The post by the Editor describing Ulema as a "cancer" and "cavemen" shows the clear editorial bias of that site. Moreover, since only those who adhere to the line of the Editor are allowed to post, your argument is void.

I hope you will act with maturity and responsibility (especially to Imam Mahdi(AJ)) in regards to this issue.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

Bismillah

Salam Alaikum

Well I just talked to a close friend of the administrator of www.shianews.com - His website is no based on something biased, he only publishes articles that people give him., that is any shia islamic articles or news who have different views (pro or anti wilayah) I think what we can do is write articles that clarifies the misconceptions certain ennemies of wilayah have been fed with.

The problem is not the site but the people who write such articles. ( So we should write articles as well )

Wasalam

Hezbullahi

Edited by Hezbullahi

Salam Alaikum.

Sounds fare. I'll be calling up the editor to discuss this with him after I read up the whole topic on Shianews.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Edited by Ali

Salaams,

Yeah they also put up articles that insult imam khamenei(ha)

Bro, it's not just Imam Khamanei(HA) they insult. They insult people like Sayyed Shirazi(RA) even more, let me explain:

With one breath they commemorate his passing, and with the next they blanketly insult all Ulema and call them a "cancer" (all Ulema includes Ayatullah Shirazi(RA), and many others). The only reason that they mention Sayyed Shirazi(RA) is because it allows them to generate yet more fitneh against the Wilayah. In this respect, they view Sayyed Shirazi(RA) as nothing more than a tool to further their own corrupt agenda against the True Islam and it's protectors: The Ulema.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

salaam

i fully agree with this!!! regardless of whether we can or cant(we can) efute some of their "stuff" they are using the Seyyed(ra) and then cursing Him.

but i dont think we sould make this an attacking shiachat.com

assalamu alaykum,

how are you all? inshaAllah in the best of health and eman.

I dont get it, why does everyone on this forum seem to think that any and all criticism of the irani government and some of the member-ulema is inciting fitnah? That's never made any sense to me. Many renowned Shia ulema, such as Imam Khomeini (ra) himself, Shaheed al Muttahari, and several others, have criticized their co-ulema and even criticized many aspects of the Hawzah system and how it's set you. This is clear from their writings. I see absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism as long as it does not entail insults and deragatory statements, such as mud-slinging and name-calling. Shianews, in general, seems to be a pretty informative site. Given that the editor may be biased in some regards, but I dont believe that this should or does slant their output of news and articles on their site. If you find it necessary to pose different opinions to balance off the pole, then send in some yourselves and stop whinning and complaining like tantrum-filled children. I doubt a similar "fitnah" issue would have been raised if the site was sponsored by, oh I dont know, the Irani government or one of their news agencies.

P.S oh and by the way, it's literally impossible "not" to be "biased" in some form or other, editor or not. I've written up an extensive article on that. maybe i'll post it up at some later date.

Edited by Ali

Salam.

Good point, I still dont know what Jondab's intentions were to bring it out to the public instead of contacting the Admins?

Salaams,

Bro, I have no problem with shiachat.com. But I think they need to review their ads policy seriously, if they are truly righteous.

To "Averroes":

Thankyou for disrespecting people as "tantrum-filled children". But I'm afraid you've missed the point, yet again. Instead of opening up political issues, why not unite against those who are against all Ulema?

Perhaps you should think before you post, brother.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

assalamu alaykum,

how are you all? inshaAllah in the best of health and eman.

I dont get it, why does everyone on this forum seem to think that any and all criticism of the irani government and some of the member-ulema is inciting fitnah? That's never made any sense to me. Many renowned Shia ulema, such as Imam Khomeini (ra) himself, Shaheed al Muttahari, and several others, have criticized their co-ulema and even criticized many aspects of the Hawzah system and how it's set you. This is clear from their writings. I see absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism as long as it does not entail insults and deragatory statements, such as mud-slinging and name-calling. Shianews, in general, seems to be a pretty informative site. Given that the editor may be biased in some regards, but I dont believe that this should or does slant their output of news and articles on their site. If you find it necessary to pose different opinions to balance off the pole, then send in some yourselves and stop whinning and complaining like tantrum-filled children. I doubt a similar "fitnah" issue would have been raised if the site was sponsored by, oh I dont know, the Irani government or one of their news agencies.

P.S oh and by the way, it's literally impossible "not" to be "biased" in some form or other, editor or not. I've written up an extensive article on that. maybe i'll post it up at some later date.

Quote from Shianews.com 's Chief;

I have been trying to figure out the reasons for having Mullahs in our religion and apart from carrying out Nikah (marriage ceremonies), Janaza (funeral prayer), Qul/Chaleeswan (doing quranic recitation/prayer when someone dies), I haven't been able to find anything that would describe their usefullness. The fact is that all the chores I've mentioned can be carried out by any Muslim and it is completely ridiculous to depend on Mullahs for these things.As far as their fanaticism is concerned, they have always been fanatics and stubborn. In my opinion, Mullahs are the main cause of the downfall of Muslims throughout the world......

Brother Aveores, you call this constructive criticism ? ( Wasnt Imam Khomeini (ra) a mullah? )

What about their articles who slander the islamic republic? We here sit and throw insults at north american news agencies since they are very biased (always on the side of zionists). A news agency is supposed to be neutral and not going around slandering.

Here is another quote;

December 17th marks the first anniversary of the death of one of Iran's oppressive regime’s most prominent pacifist opposition leader, Grand Ayatollah Agha Muhammad Shirazi, who died last year in Qum, Iran, in suspicious circumstances. Agha Muhammad Shirazi had survived a number of previous assassination attempts at the hands of both the Iraqi and Iranian regimes.

What kind of shia news agency is this?

Wasalam

Hezbullahi

Edited by Hezbullahi

Salaams,

What kind of shia news agency is this?

One that needs to be shut down, insha Allah.

Sites like this, that claim to represent the Shi'a of Ali(A), are a disgrace to us and to the Aimmah(A).

They not only openly slander all Ulema, but also use them as tools to further their own corrupt agenda (ie. Ayatullah Shirazi(RA)).

The boycott campaign will soon be issuing a subpoena for libbelous statements made against certain people. News agencies are supposed to be objectice. One that calls itself "shianews", implies by it's very name to represent the voice of the Shia's worldwide, yet it chooses to break the very things that have kept Shi'ism alive.

Such things will not be tolerated by those following the True Islam of Muhammad(S).

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

Edited by Jondab-Ali

Salam Alaikum,

Bro Jondab, have you even attempted to read the entire discussion? I really suggest you read that along with the original letter that started this whole debate from Mr. Toor.

Also, I suggest you email the editor to ask him what his definition is of a "Mulla". He hasnt made it clear enough, which is what I will be discussing with him when I get the chance, but I think this statement by one of the members makes it clear:

There's a difference between a MULLAH and Marja'a. A mullah by practice is a person without knowledge and a self-proclaimed Islamic scholar. A Marja'a or a Hujjat al Islam, is an Alim, a scholar who has knowledge.

As for the other thing he's being accused of, with regards to his criticism of Iran, we already agreed that some criticism is welcome, especially if its introducing a constructive debate.

salaam

Sites like this, that claim to represent the Shi'a of Ali(A), are a disgrace to us and to the Aimmah(A).

They not only openly slander all Ulema, but also use them as tools to further their own corrupt agenda (ie. Ayatullah Shirazi(RA)).

i have to agree with this, they have done a lot of good but so has cnn and even fox news,

there is no justification in some of their articles and bias.

i wanted to send in a peice after bro Ali told me about it but i havent gotten to it yet.

---------

i you ask me they have more than a right to be doing wat their doing but they have no right to have the name that they are usig, they should give it up to scholars to run and start a new site whee they can do whatever they want.

w s

Salam.

I also cant see how they're Anti-Wilayat al faqih?

I just did a search on their site for "Khamenei". I got TONS of articles, all were his political speeches. I have yet to find an attack on him as a person or a Marji3 or a Wilayat al faqih.

The only article that might be considered controversial is "Iranian security forces seize body of Ayatollah Shirazi" news post. Which in itself is nothing but a news maker.

Can someone show me where there was a direct attack on the Wilayat Al Faqih, or maybe even Iran? This is not a dare, Its just that they got thousands of articles and I cant look though them all, maybe you got them bookmarked.

If I was going to call him up, I should have something to throw at him :)

Wa salam

Salaams,

Bro Jondab, have you even attempted to read the entire discussion?

Yes.

I really suggest you read that along with the original letter that started this whole debate from Mr. Toor.

I have.

Here is the problem. Within a long letter, the Editor has taken one point out of context and decided to start a "debate" on it. This letter was only an excuse. The torrent of hatred unleashed towards our Ulema was completely uncalled for.

Here is an extract of Mr. Toor's letter, with the only reference to "Mullah":

I assure them that our mullahs use to be peaceful and very humble, British must know it from their record of occupation of India. These very sane persons have been changed by USA UK NGO's into fanatics.

To this, Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad (The Editor-in-Cheif of shianews.com) replied with five paragraphs of Mullah bashing:

As usual Iam not going to say much as I like my readers to respond. But I simply couldn't resist commenting on one issue you have raised in your letter, the Mullahs.

He then goes on to say:

I have been trying to figure out the reasons for having Mullahs in our religion and apart from carrying out Nikah (marriage ceremonies), Janaza (funeral prayer), Qul/Chaleeswan (doing quranic recitation/prayer when someone dies), I haven't been able to find anything that would describe their usefullness. The fact is that all the chores I've mentioned can be carried out by any Muslim and it is completely ridiculous to depend on Mullahs for these things.

It gets worse, but I won't go further unless I have to.

Instead, I suggest that you read the original letter, aswell as the reply, and try to realise the fact that Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad obviously has a serious issue with Mullah's. He is using the platform of shianews to espouse his agenda of hatred toward the Ulema.

Moving on:

Also, I suggest you email the editor to ask him what his definition is of a "Mulla". He hasnt made it clear enough, which is what I will be discussing with him when I get the chance, but I think this statement by one of the members makes it clear:
There's a difference between a MULLAH and Marja'a. A mullah by practice is a person without knowledge and a self-proclaimed Islamic scholar. A Marja'a or a Hujjat al Islam, is an Alim, a scholar who has knowledge.

Then what of Ulema such as Mullah Sadra(A)? Mullah Faiz Karshani(A), Mullah Mirza Shirazi(A) (who started the tobacco boycott against the British Empire to liberate Iran), any many others.

Instead of making any distinction, this fool (Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad) has openly slandered the Ulema en masse. The wet argument used by Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad in his defence, once he realised how engraged the Believers had become, is reminiscent of that of another fool and open enemy of Islam: Mr. Salman Rushdie.

As for the other thing he's being accused of, with regards to his criticism of Iran, we already agreed that some criticism is welcome, especially if its introducing a constructive debate.

Yes, criticism with proof is always welcome (which no one seems to be able to bring, but never mind). But blanketly slandering all Ulema is quite another.

Now, if we look at the way Imam Khomeini(A) spoke regarding Ulema who are not discharging their duty, we see a clear-cut difference:

In order to make the Muslims, especially the intellectuals and the younger generation, deviate from the path of Islam, foreign agents have constantly insinuated that Islam has nothing no offer that Islam consists of a few ordinances concerning menstruation and parturition, and that this is the proper field of study for the akhunds.

There is something of truth here, for it is fitting that those akhunds who have no intention of expounding the theories, injunctions, and world-view of Islam and who spend most of their time on precisely such matters, forgetting all the other topics o Islamic law, be attacked and accused in this manner. They too am at fault; foreigners are not the only ones to be blamed. For several centuries, as might be expected, the foreigners, laid certain plans to realize their political and economic ambitions, and the neglect that has overtaken the religious teaching institution has made it possible for them to succeed. There have been individuals among us, the Ulama, who have unwittingly contributed to the fulfill ment of those aims, with the result that you now see.

--Source, "Islamic Government", by Imam Khomeini(A).

The difference is obvious, and the agenda of Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad is now blatantly clear, when he said:

I have been trying to figure out the reasons for having Mullahs in our religion and apart from carrying out Nikah (marriage ceremonies), Janaza (funeral prayer), Qul/Chaleeswan (doing quranic recitation/prayer when someone dies), I haven't been able to find anything that would describe their usefullness.

You see, Imam Khomeini(A) wanted to reform certain elements within the community of Ulema who were not doing their duty to the Muslims. Whereas, Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad wishes to degrade all Ulema, and downgrade their position, thereby creating a Secularised Islam - which whilst entertaining pseudo-Political sentiments, will not do anything to establish the True Islam. In fact, it is obvious that the views of Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad are in sync with the Oppressors of our High Ulema (including Ayatullah Seestani(HA), and Ayatullah Khui(RA) before him). Whilst I am not saying that Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad fully supports Mr. Tikriti's ideological worldview, I am saying that both of them see the Ulema in the same role, and position. A role that is diametrically opposed to that of the True Islam of Muhammad(S) and the role of Ulema thein.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

Salaams,

I also cant see how they're Anti-Wilayat al faqih?

1/ The attack on Ulema in general is an attack on Wilayat al-Faqih, by default.

2/ I have never made this an issue of Wilayat al-Faqih. Don't try to make it one to divert from the issue at hand.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

Salaams,

Wow, some people sure do love fitnah lol...

Yes, shianews.com and certain individuals on shiachat and al-Hewar, as well as others. I agree, if it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

..this fool (Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad)..

Salam.

Here we go again.. Couldn't keep it back could you?

I've asked him to come defend himself here, hopefully he'll make it. I will not speak on behalf of him.

Until then, the advertisement will remain there, as per giving a fellow Muslim brother the benafit of the doubt till he has the chance to explain himself.

Wa salam.

Salaams,

Here we go again.. Couldn't keep it back could you?

His words are evidence enough.

I've asked him to come defend himself here, hopefully he'll make it.

If he is unable to come, then I understand he lives in England. I will visit him personally.

Until then, the advertisement will remain there, as per giving a fellow Muslim brother the benafit of the doubt till he has the chance to explain himself.

This goes against the basic principle of Ihtiyaat. I suggest you learn the rudimentary elements of Fiqh, Br. Ali. It would certainly be wise for one who runs an "islamic" website to understand these things.

In accordance with the principle of Ihtiyaat, I would strongly recommend this advert be removed pending an investigation. If the allegations, not withstanding the current proofs already provided, do not hold, then the advert can be reinstated. This is the most prudent, and indeed Islamic course of action, according to logic and Fiqh.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

In His Name, the Best of Planners

Salaam :)

Brother Ali, dont get offended by this..but what is the matter with you ?!?

Why do you insist on defending people who slander ulema and create massive fitnah ?

Why ?!? :angry: :cry:

This one is even worse, can someone please by bro. Ali a dictionary so he can look up the word "Mullah" and then stop to post such nonsence.

I know this post is a bit harsh, and Im not angry or anything the like, but this fitnah, disunion and back biting --> against the blood of Rasullulah (S) and great ULEMA HAVE TO STOP NOW !

And what is more concerning is that this site goes under the name of SHIAnews, they might as well change it to MUNAFEQnews as they spread alot of fitna under the name of Shia, so an unlearned man will come along and get lots of lies put into his mind.

I recommend that action will be done to stop this fitnah.

Fitnah and munafeqs you dont deal with friendly, but you hit them down just like Imam Ali (A) did with Khawarej.

Salam.

How am I defending him? I'm simply inviting him here to state his case. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial and are inoccent until the allegations are proven guilty.

As for the quote, that was from Shianews, not a personal statement that I've said.

As for Mullah, the known context of that word in Arabic that has become known now a days is anyone who wears a turban, recites quran/Majlis in public and/or leads prayers. I'd say nothing special, I invite you to research on some of the more known "mullahs" such as Mulla Bassim Al-karbalai, Mulla Jaleel, etc.

You guys are hardcore, really.

Salaams,

How am I defending him?

By not removing the advert, in accordance to the Islamic principle of Ihdiyaat. This shows a clear bias on your part.

As for Mullah, the known context of that word in Arabic that has become known now a days is anyone who wears a turban, recites quran/Majlis in public and/or leads prayers. I'd say nothing special, I invite you to research on some of the more known "mullahs" such as Mulla Bassim Al-karbalai, Mulla Jaleel, etc.

Exactly. Everyone knows full well what a "Mullah" is. Only a complete Jahil wouldn't.

Our Ulema have been insulted.

You guys are hardcore, really.

Thankyou.

Being "hardcore" is better than defending someone who insults Islam. But then some people who give their alleigance to no one, and then side with the enemies of Allah, are surely cursed.

These people claim to have certain sympathies (for Sayyed Shirazi(RA), for example), but then do nothing when people use the Sayyed's name to forward their own corrupt agenda (this same Sayyed they claim to sympathise with, they now insult by allowing him to be used as a mere tool to forward someone else's personal agenda). Shame on those people. They are enemies of Allah, because Allah is not the first thing on their mind, but this Dunya most certainly is.

I would pray for such Monafiqeen, but Allah has already told me that it would make no difference.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali

Edited by Jondab-Ali

Salaam

my problem with this is that the word Mulla has been used in the iranian anti islam comunity outside of iran to make islam itself not just islamic leadership look very bad and ugly,

by puting these kinds of things up shia that want to rebel get a tap on the back and our enemeis use it against us.

its not right, the ulema are the best thing in the Umma, right now i se seyyed Mustafa starting a youth center, a community center a huge maschid, things that will save the youth!

before the youth of OC were lost, now i see hope for this community but the propaganda of "molla" this and "Molla" that will slow them down.

we shouldnt even be discussing such things when it can hurt us.

==========

a little of topic, i think the story aout satellite dishes is also bad, although i havent read it in a while,

i dont remember if it sais tha they get confiscate since porn is brodcasted along with a few CIA funded shah/MKO channels that call for un-islamic revolution and death to palestine, if it does then its cool, if not too bad :(

the should spend time making life in the Islamic Republic look good, so other brothers will try the same, i dont mean Wilayah but whatever.

i know last year they used to but i havent seen it now days, maybe i havent looked enough.

w s

i am not giving an opinion on the matter but just to make a small point: if he ( the editor) is an asian then he may be refering to what is called a mullah in his culture. and i can tell you that a lot of those mullah are not always good. (i am also asian) however even then so many of them are sincere and are knowledgeable and help their community a lot.

In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful

All praise is due to Allah Lord of the worlds

May Allah shower his blessings upon Muhammad and his Progeny and curse their enemies from the first to the last.

Salam@lai.com

Brothers and sisters,

Please read my post carefully, for I do not wish to upset anyone, on the contrary I wish to clarify something. Firstly www.shianews.com, is an islamic site, although it may have controversial opinions, but so do some other of the advertised sites, but no one has said to boycott this site. (and we shouldn't boycott any of them).

Please do not boycott this site, and please do not make a big fuss about it, if anything we should be aiming to boycott porn sites, and aim to destroy them and their filth.

Remember Mua'wiya made it sunnah to curse Amir Al-Mu'mineen (as) during every friday prayer, however did this kill his rememberance. In fact Imam Amir Al- Mu'mineen (as) is the only Imam that is followed by all islamic sects... he has more followers than even the first three caliphs.

If in fact this sight speaks ill about ulema, and many of you seem to tell the difference between truth and falsehood, it should be no problem, it's like water on a ducks back. Eventually the truth will be apparent..

"Make no mistake about that!"... thanks G.W

Wassalaam

Salaamz...

I'll just add my 2 cents... :) (I'm a generous person :P )

How am I defending him? I'm simply inviting him here to state his case. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial and are inoccent until the allegations are proven guilty.

I know this post is a bit harsh, and Im not angry or anything the like, but this fitnah, disunion and back biting --> against the blood of Rasullulah (S) and great ULEMA HAVE TO STOP NOW !

I don't think Bro. Ali is necessarily defending anyone. He just wants to be fair. And being fair means allowing the person who is being talked about to be present to defend himself or herself.

Bro. Jonab-Ali called the man a fool, and Fayaz is not even here to defend himself, so that is backbiting. I'm sure we've all backbitten at one point or another in our lives, even though we don't mean to.

Anyway... Let's all take a chill pill :) Sometimes I think certain people just like to get worked up over everything...

Take care, ma'Salaama :)

Salamz

Please let's not let this thread get out of hand. It is extremely important to discuss issues facing the muslims and particularly the shia in understanding and open dialogue, so that inshallah solutions are found and bonds are made strong. Criticism is not beyond anyone.

However, one must be carefull to make a clear distinction between CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and DESTRUCTIVE criticism. Such a distinguishment is difficult to make at times, so one must be very careful what flows from their hearts and minds.

I have disgussed these issues with several members here. I gave them the following example. The way i see the opposing sides is like two brothers in a house, arguing what's best for their parents. Their argument is kind of getting out of hand. Whilst they're arguing, their house is being infiltrated by thieves. But they seem to be so caught up in their argument that they are not paying full attention to the dangers that are coming inside the house. Why don't the brothers settle down, defend the house from the attacks first, because if they don't pay full attention to this attack, both of them will be gone.

wassalamz

Salaams,

Br. Muhammad Ali:

i am not giving an opinion on the matter but just to make a small point: if he ( the editor) is an asian then he may be refering to what is called a mullah in his culture. and i can tell you that a lot of those mullah are not always good. (i am also asian) however even then so many of them are sincere and are knowledgeable and help their community a lot.

Good point, but since the site focuses mainly on issues relating to Arabs, Iran, and then also on the South Asian community, it would be wrong to assume such a thing. Besides, a Mullah is a Mullah, no matter which culture you refer to. If Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad wished to discuss the matters pertaining to Mullah's of South Asian ethnicity, then he would have made clear who he was talking about - since the site is relating to Islam, not "Pakistani Shia Islam".

Br. Abdul Hujjah:

Please read my post carefully, for I do not wish to upset anyone, on the contrary I wish to clarify something. Firstly www.shianews.com, is an islamic site, although it may have controversial opinions, but so do some other of the advertised sites, but no one has said to boycott this site. (and we shouldn't boycott any of them).

Please do not boycott this site, and please do not make a big fuss about it, if anything we should be aiming to boycott porn sites, and aim to destroy them and their filth.

If any site is against Islam, it will be boycotted. Moreover, it is more essential that Muslims boycott directly anti-Islam sites (for example site that aim to refute Islam), and with the most emphasis placed upon those sites that pose as "Islamic", whilst exploiting Islam for their own personal desires. This is the worst sort of site, one which seeks to create corruption.

If in fact this sight speaks ill about ulema, and many of you seem to tell the difference between truth and falsehood, it should be no problem, it's like water on a ducks back. Eventually the truth will be apparent..

It has already been established. The evidence is on the site itself. Please read my above posts.

If we allow Monafiq elements who openly slander our Ulema to be in control of our Islamic sites, it certainly does not bode well for the dignity of the Shi'a of Ali(A). If you respect Imam Mahdi(AJ), then you must respect those who are deemed his representatives during his absence.

Br. Ehsan:

You make a very good point, bro. The Kwarej were also Shi'a until they betrayed the Imam(A) of their time, and rejected Leadership, remember?

In the book regarding Imam Mahdi(AJ), "Yahdi Alan Naas" (published Circa 1820AD), there is a hadeeth which states among the signs of the return of the Son of al-Hasan al-Askari(AJ), the one who will Rise from the Family of Muhammad(AJ), are that people will shun the Ulema, and slander of Ulema will become commonplace.

People will claim to make taqleed of the Son of Hassan(AJ), but will commit all form of mischief and corruption, claiming his taqleed. They will be among the first who feel the sharpness of his sword on his return followed by the 40,000 people who failed to discharge their duty as leaders and teachers of society. These ahadith are from the Aimmah(A), either Imam ar-Ridha(A) or Imam as-Sadiq(A).

The question is, are those people who claim to be doing Taqleed of certain Marajae, whilst disrespecing their opinions on important subjects, really making Taqleed of any Marajae? Something to think about, don't you think Br. Ehsan?

Sr. Zuljenah:

I don't think Bro. Ali is necessarily defending anyone. He just wants to be fair. And being fair means allowing the person who is being talked about to be present to defend himself or herself.

Islamic principles were not employed, therefore anyone else's sense of "fairness" is void.

To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;

And this (He commands): Judge thou between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they beguile thee from any of that (teaching) which Allah hath sent down to thee. And if they turn away, be assured that for some of their crime it is Allah's purpose to punish them. And truly most men are rebellious.

--Holy Qu'ran, 5:48-49

I hope this makes things a little clearer for you, insha Allah.

Bro. Jonab-Ali called the man a fool, and Fayaz is not even here to defend himself, so that is backbiting. I'm sure we've all backbitten at one point or another in our lives, even though we don't mean to.

He has already been warned. My observation, backed by proof, has also been made in public. Therefore, it is not backbiting.

It would only be backbiting if it was done without evidence, and in private (behind someone's back). But since exposing Munafiqeen is wajib, my observations are indeed necessary.

Anyway... Let's all take a chill pill  Sometimes I think certain people just like to get worked up over everything...

But, sister, I don't see anyone getting "worked up". It is simply a duty upon the Believers to establish Truth from Falsehood, guide people to the right path, and expose the Monafiqeen so that they cannot corrupt the Ummah.

I hope you understand this.

Wasalaam,

Jondab Ali