Sign in to follow this  
Ali

Inactive Member accounts will be DELETED.

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum.

Over the next few days, we'll be deleting ALL accounts that have been in-active for a while with 0 posts. This is to free up more resources on the server and allow better "nick choices" for newly registering members. There will be no exceptions.

If you happen to have a nick with 0 posts, please post at least 1 post so that your account will not be deleted. Many tell me that they use these accounts for the chartroom, they will be deleted if you do not post at least one post.

We're expecting to delete over 5000 accounts, that's almost 50% of this board. Why register to a forum if you're not planning to post?

There will be no further warnings.

Wa salam.

Salam.

Then they don't need an account. Reading on the forum does not require you to register. Posting does.

When they're ready to post they can re-register.

Salams,

Then they don't need an account. Reading on the forum does not require you to register. Posting does.

Although this is true, the features associated with an account are not available to a Guest who only wants to read posts.

For example, for a while I used to access the site as Guest and did not need to register. However with all the signatures that are floating around on the forum (some of them are quite extreme) if I was accessing the site while at work, I would not want my work colleagues to think I was accessing some extremist site/forum. To overcome this, I created an account with the options of not displaying the signature and avatar of other users. This was I can concentrate on the substance of the posts.

I have made some posts in the past, so this action will not affect me, but at least, if you plan on taking such an action then set the Guest account to not show peoples signatures and avatar.

Salams,

DigitalMo.

Salams,

Although this is true, the features associated with an account are not available to a Guest who only wants to read posts.

For example, for a while I used to access the site as Guest and did not need to register. However with all the signatures that are floating around on the forum (some of them are quite extreme) if I was accessing the site while at work, I would not want my work colleagues to think I was accessing some extremist site/forum. To overcome this, I created an account with the options of not displaying the signature and avatar of other users. This was I can concentrate on the substance of the posts.

I have made some posts in the past, so this action will not affect me, but at least, if you plan on taking such an action then set the Guest account to not show peoples signatures and avatar.

Salams,

DigitalMo.

well now u have 2 posts so u got nothing to worry about.

Salams,

Ohh golly thanks, I gathered as much. I am not sure if your intention is to try to ridicule me or what (allahu a3lam), but seriously, I expected more from someone in your position.

There was a blanket statement made that people who just read posts don't need an account, I was giving my experiences and the reason I eventually decided to register for an account. If (as a moderator of shiachat) you are not interested in the experiences of the users of the shiachat site, then that is fine as maybe it is not of your concern, but maybe the administrators of shiachat are interested in this experience.

If you are serious about providing users of shiachat with the best experience, then you would listen to their concerns rather than attempt to ridicule them.

Salams,

DigitalMo.

Guest hasnainali

(salam)

I personally agree to deleting the inactive users to free server space but dont see the logic in deleting the i.d's completley, ( as most of the 50% being readers of the website) - people like myself who - for there reasons choose not to post replys on the site & or that not everyone is the same. Induviduality needs to be accomodated at every level also - meaning not having to post something and feeling as if they are silly or daft afterwards.

and this would mean for the people like myself who choose only to read points heard would feel left out as its only a small percentage of the users due to be deleted who register to this site specifically to use the chat facilities who will re register anyway, so the people who its intending on removing is the Genuine "readers" of the site - people like myself.

however i would like to make a suggestion if possible a second look in the background on the chat site section should be re-adressed so all the members who wish to use the chat site either have the option of both or just one part of the site. - so at least these logon ids can be "monitored" if nessacary by the admin of the site.

this only will result in the % of the brothers and sisters who choose to only read the posts to think the admin of the site looked at the situation, and looked at the indviduality of the member.

Question ? - Why would Any Adminstration of ANY muslim website want to remove

users on it ? (if only the (mis users) in this case the people who go on it just to "chat"

Jazakallah for reading & Allah Hafiz.

Asalaamu alaikum,

It is not right at all to delete them unless they have actually been inactive. Activity is NOT determined by posts, for that would be the same as saying real-life activity is dependendant on our speech (not LISTENING or actions). Activity should be determined by when they logged on last and if it becomes necessary to delete accounts, then that should be used as the criteria. Making nicks available is hardly a good reason. They should either be contacted or there must be enough evidence to determine that they are in fact inactive (such as them having 0 posts AND not logging on for 3 months).

Having 0 posts, but always logging on, reading posts, attending the chatroom, does not make anyone inactive. Additional criteria including their last log on must be used.

fee Aman Allah,

Ibrahim

(salam)

It always helps to put a deadline to warn people when the accounts will be terminated... :rolleyes:

anyways, here goes my first post! :angel:

Mehndi :P

** HEY!!! :unsure: how come the # of posts in my profile doesnt say 1 yet? :blink: **

Edited by Mehndi

Asalaamu alaikum,

Better to be an active listener than an active speaker. Logins, not posts, should be the criteria. If we make posts the criteria, we'll just get a whole lot more nonsense posts on the forum just so people can keep their account, not to mention the message we're sending to post, post, & keep posting (instead of reading, learning, thinking before posting/speaking). Let them listen and learn, and when they feel they have something to offer, then Insh'Allah let them post when they feel ready.

fee Aman Allah,

Ibrahim

Asalaamu alaikum,

Better to be an active listener than an active speaker. Logins, not posts, should be the criteria. If we make posts the criteria, we'll just get a whole lot more nonsense posts on the forum just so people can keep their account, not to mention the message we're sending to post, post, & keep posting (instead of reading, learning, thinking before posting/speaking). Let them listen and learn, and when they feel they have something to offer, then Insh'Allah let them post when they feel ready.

fee Aman Allah,

Ibrahim

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thats why they made the thread for people to post 1 post so their account doesnt get deleted.

Hey you guys unregistered hashimjaffery. He told me at the mosque that you guys did it to the wrong account.

Selam alaycom,

Didn't do it yet? Then why was hashimjaffery deleted?

Let AH do it, he has lots of time on his hands. Slimming shiachat down would be a great task for him.

Peace,

Um Ali

^ im thinking of throwing in the towel as a mod, Im tired of these Wilayah lovers calling me a tyrant even though they follow the IR and these pro Americans cursing Sayed Moqtada. And both of them hate me :) I was thinking of becoming Webmaster instead, so i can get rid of all the extremists on this site and making it a moderate islam as it should be. :P