Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Show Stopper

Disappearing Scarf in Tehran

Rate this topic

(salam)

Hmmm... i don't see why Hijab is looked at as something that holds back women.

This website shows only a few women who aren't observing the proper Hijab. What i found interesting is that some shown in these photographs are covering their body and then ruining it by showing abit of their hair. Click here

I was watching this documentary about Iran on Ch2 and it was showing us how women are letting go of traditional dress and fighting for more rights. Now i don't see why they need to be fighting for more rights when it was our Prophet (pbuh) who gave rights and status to women.

Fee ameen illah,

Wasalaam.

(salam)

Because most Muslim women view hijab as backwards and oppressive? Just a thought. :)

I'm a Muslim woman and i don't think Hijab is backward and oppressive, infact it's quite the opposite :)

(salam)

Because most Muslim women view hijab as backwards and oppressive? Just a thought. :)

I'm a Muslim woman and i don't think Hijab is backward and oppressive, infact it's quite the opposite :)

And you are in the minority. :)

(salam)

And you are in the minority. :)

Maybe.

I think once you understand the meaning and purpose of Hijab, you wouldn't think it is oppressive. And until then, it's their loss.

Peace,

Zeinab.

(bismillah)

(salam)

These pictures are totally biased. I could very easily take pictures of the best of the best chadoris (and trust me there are PLENTY of them) and make Iran, no Tehran, look completely different. To just take pictures of non-hijabis and say that all the youth are like that, and are sad or whatever, is just flat out ridiculous. And to take pictures of people with "sad" expressions... give me a break! loool thats just hilarious, sorry.

Granted there are a lot of bad hijaabis but there are also a lot of good hijaabis. I think I can agree that the bad hijaabis are a majority, but it's more like a 55-45 type situation. And as one person posted, Islam is not only about hijaab and you cannot judged a person based on a piece of cloth. Surely there are people who may have very good hijaab but black hearts, and at the same time there are people who have bad hijaab but good hearts.

Another thing about the bad hijaabis is that it shows the leniency. I mean it shows that Islam is not being stuffed down people's throats. They're simply asked to stay within the boundaries.

Anyways, the problem these people have is not with the government system, its with Islam itself. As one person said "I love Allah (swt), I love Rasoolillah (saaw), I love ahlul-bayt (as), but that's it. I dont want anything else." What kind of Islam is that?? Granted its good that they have this love, but what kind of love is it? How can we say that we love Imam Hussayn (as) yet disregard the very things, such as hijaab, in which he gave his life, his family, his everything for? And what's really sad is that these people don't have a good excuse to not know Islam. It is all around them and they have very easy access to it and its free of charge!

Subhanallah, Im not surprised at all though. It goes along completely with the story about the man who had a dream about a beautiful silk scarf hanging from the sky that was for everyone, yet people tore it to pieces, just taking lil bits of it. People just take parts of Islam when they could have the whole thing.

*Sigh*

What will be our excuse on the day of Judgement?! Ya Hadhrat Fatima (sa)! :cry:

Anyways, don't worry guys, there are plenty of very practicing Muslims in Iran still. Plenty, Alhamdolillah.

May Allah (Swt) grant us all the, oppurtunity, strength and patience to be on The Straigh Path Insha Allah.

With that said, I'm gonna go have me a nice Salatul Jumaa'. ^_^

Take care, wassalaam

Do you think the difference could be they do not have a choice whether to wear it or not? If it was a choice, they might choose to wear the covering, as is meant to be worn. I notice, besides the hair, the neck is sometimes exposed, is that not also meant to covered? Plus the clothing is tight.

Am I correct in thinking that Iranians are not Arabic?

Quite frankly ive seen non muslim english people in london who are more modestly dressed then the muslims in iran !! Its embarassing to see hijab being brought down so much by people rebeling against it by wearing clothes so tight that if they bend it would probably rip and makeup on their face at 5am as if its some competition on who can pile the most cosmetics on their faces!!!

And all this done just to protest at being forcefully being made to wear hijab!!! Its become a fashion statement to be against hijab because they see it as standing in the face of the Government . Ie- if they were following the laws of their country properly they would be seen as accepting the laws and since their not what does this tell you?

Suggesting that it may be leniency by the government- Is not the case everywhere i myself whilst in tehran read in the newspaper (Tehran daily) that the government were 'cracking down on improper dressing' (current trend of wearing 3/4 length trousers) and quite a few people had been arrested.

Of course there are still women who still wear chador and are modestly covered but i hardly saw any normal hijab wearing women ie- loosely fitting clothes no hair sticking out. It was either full chador or the girl in the picture.

I was in Iran last year and I found it really interesting how the hijab changed depending where you were. I spent a week in Qom and everyone was wearing hijab and chador. Then I went to Isfihan and it was all the semi-hijab hair sticking out look. Within different cities there are different attitudes about what to wear. I also never saw anyone being mistreated over how they wore the hijab and no one said they ever had problems with religious "police" except when they went to shrines or mosques. I think people in the West have a really skewed understanding of the realities of the middle east.

in peace,

q

(salam)

No, they don't. Don't be stupid.

Why do the majority of Muslim women NOT wear hijab then?

I think we may be making a mountain out of a mole-hill

The Hijab is a PART of Islam ... Islam is not a part of the Hijab ...

You can be wearing a hijab and be a non-believer ... and you can be without a headscarf and be a true mo'min ...

afterall, Judgemnent is for God Almighty alone ...

(salam)

Why is majority of the world commiting sins?

(salam)

I wasn't aware you had spoken to the majority of 750 million women.

salam,

on this site i found something:

Once I took pictures in the Tehran bazaar, suddenly a man appeared from nowhere and he whispered in my ear: 'Try to take pictures of the young people, try to show their sadness in the depth of their heart, try to show this on your pictures!" Then he disappeared.....

what a load of [Edited Out]!!!!!!!

wasalam

kadhim but he is still right, majority of the muslim women don't wear hijab...but than again he has to answer my question...

Why is majority of the world commiting sins?...openly, in public

Because, in regards to headcoverings, they don't believe it's a sin in the first place, or if it is a sin it isn't a big deal.

In regards to other sin, same thing. Most don't believe it is a sin.

Then again, what you consider sinful is not sinful to the vast majority of people worldwide.

Let it be known that the belief, among others, that a Muslim female is required to cover all but the face and hands (and that not doing so is a grave sin) is a view held by a small minority of Muslims, namely, you and your friends here. The fact that you think you're right and everyone else is wrong is a testament to your arrogance and self-righteousness, not to mention delusion.

Salam, it is believable that the majority of women do not observe hijab. These days, especially in the western world the concept of modesty or "haya" is almost Non-existent. Women dont understand the benefits and importance of observing hijab for their personal selves. They fail to understand that wearing hijab is a way of not only spreading islam, but individually portraying your disapproval of the media's control over our lifestyles. I personally observe hijab and i dont find it oppressive or demeaning. It depends on a womens self concept and IGNORANCE, something we as the public can do little to prevent.

Wasslam o Alaikum

Ferretball

Were these women also backwards and oppressed?

pilgrim1.jpg

Yup... those women were not allowed

to dress like prostitutes... act like perverts...

abort their babies and blaspheme God...

to most modern Americans, women

such as these are enslaved to morality

and must be "liberated" so they can be

"free" to sin :angry:

Edited by Atossa

I was in Iran last year and I found it really interesting how the hijab changed depending where you were. I spent a week in Qom and everyone was wearing hijab and chador. Then I went to Isfihan and it was all the semi-hijab hair sticking out look. Within different cities there are different attitudes about what to wear. I also never saw anyone being mistreated over how they wore the hijab and no one said they ever had problems with religious "police" except when they went to shrines or mosques. I think people in the West have a really skewed understanding of the realities of the middle east.

in peace,

q

I noticed something like this too, But my trip was in 93.

One has to see the old black and white tv shows like "leave it to beaver" and all just to see how far US has come in the past few decades.

Yes they were, they couldn't vote in those days

Oh, so the Pilgrim Fathers held elections as to who could come on the Mayflower :huh:

Let it be known that the belief, among others, that a Muslim female is required to cover all but the face and hands (and that not doing so is a grave sin) is a view held by a small minority of Muslims, namely, you and your friends here. The fact that you think you're right and everyone else is wrong is a testament to your arrogance and self-righteousness, not to mention delusion.

Most of them know this....