Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
muslimah1214

Drawing Parallels

Rate this topic

Sallam,

I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with the RNC taking place in NY, but for those of you who have I would like to ask a few questions. Last night one of the retired generals who had led the American forces into Iraq was speaking on the presidents behalf. Afterwards he was invited to a PBS table for some further elaboration and commentary. He made a comment about Kerry's behavior upon returning from the war in Vietnam. Specifically referring to the testimony given by the present day Senator. This testimony is viewed negatively in the eyes of many veterans, because they feel that it didn't help the morale of the soldier who were still in Vietnam. I cannot help but draw a parallel between what happened and what recently unfolded at the Abu Gharaib prison. Hypothetically speaking if a soldier who had witnessed what was going on in the prison was to come back and testify to congress what would be the reaction then? Would not this person who had the decency to tell this "great" nation "Hey I think what we're doing here is wrong!" only give the American government a heads up? Are there not investigations taking place right this very moment to determine who is at fault and responsible for the "torture" of the Iraqi prisoners. Would not such testimony only help the American government get to the bottom of the scandal? Keeping all of this in mind I see nothing wrong with Sen. Kerry's going to congress and telling them exactly what he saw in the line of combat. It was his patriotic duty to set the nation straight and that's exactly what he did.

-Muslimah-

Edited by muslimah1214

This testimony is viewed negatively in the eyes of many veterans, because they feel that it didn't help the morale of the soldier who were still in Vietnam.

nice cover up.... they just were upset that their actions were made public and instead of being praised by the american people they were scorned...

if this is a true democracy the people should know what the behavior is of the soldiers defending them, it shouldnt be a secret. we have the right to know!!