Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
syedhasan

Moqtada Sadr is Hero of iraq are ....?

Rate this topic

The mosque complex is occupied by militia loyal to the rebellious Shia cleric, Moqtada Sadr.

The move comes after days of heavy fighting in the streets around the Imam Ali shrine.

Interim Iraqi Defence Minister Hazim Shalaan is quoted as saying that the government is losing patience

A spokesman for Moqtada Sadr said he was ready to negotiate with the Iraq government over the Najaf crisis.

"We are ready to negotiate to put an end to the suffering," Ali Smeisim told reporters.

However, correspondents point out that several previous ultimatums from the US-backed Iraqi government have passed without the shrine - the holiest of Shia Islam - being damaged.

Mr Sadr's Mehdi Army militia has been fighting American marines surrounding the shrine for the past three weeks.

post-1-1093377464_thumb.gif

Edited by syedhasan

Guest faithful8876_

(bismillah)

I think he is too. He's the only one with the interest of Iraqi people in mind

Guest faithful8876_

(bismillah)

I see your point, and if *I* was in his position, i would do ALL i can to protect the shrine. But i would also do all i can to make sure the occupiers don't go in it...He is the ONLY one who stood up to them, and clearly said hey this isnt what we want, we want you out. Why are the Americans so interested in Najaf?

Would a real hero endager the Imam Ali shrine?

BINGO!!!!!!!!!! exactly wat i wud say!!!!

Resistance: Great.

AS for the only one caring for the iraqi ppl, well then take ur troops and fite on the outskirts of the city, instead of inside and leading to soo many killings!

Salam,

Protecting is not endangering..Ok...

Wa Salam,

Bye

Syed-Iraqi,

i m iraqia myself, and i wud like to know how exaclty is he protecting it? if he stays any longer the Americans will DESTROY it. End of Story.

He is the ONLY one who stood up to them, and clearly said hey this isnt what we want, we want you out. Why are the Americans so interested in Najaf?

The Americans are only interested in the shrine because he is there. If he were to leave they would follow. If he was a hero he would be fighting them outside of town not hiding in the shrine.

(bismillah)

johnnycombat,

A question I always ask the "Pro-Bush" Camp and for some reaosn never bothe to answer is:

"Why did you close down his (Muqtada's) News Paper back in March; and why did you arrest his aides and representative indisreminently?".

(salam)

johnnycombat,

A question I always ask the "Pro-Bush" Camp and for some reaosn never bothe to answer is:

"Why did you close down his (Muqtada's) News Paper back in March; and why did you arrest his aides and representative indisreminently?".

I never said any of that was right. But do US injustices to Sadr justify Sadr putting the shrine at risk? The US was wrong to shut down his newspaper but does that make his hiding behind the shrine right?

moqtada sadr is a great man...

but (in my opinion)... but wut I think happened is that Jaish Al mahdi (ag) was lured by the americans...

The Americans made it look as though they were going to take the shrine over and destroy it, so the Al mahdi troops hurried down to the shrine to defend it... and Booom... they where trapped... they fell into the americans trap...

and now, if they leave, they'll destroy it, and if they stay, they'll try to do it aswell...

my 2 cents..

PEACE

MAK

Guest faithful8876_
(bismillah)

johnnycombat,

(salam)

(bismillah)

Same reason why all reporters and newscasts were kicked out of Najaf, it's part of the whole "freedom" deal.

(salam)

Maybe my ideas are a little offbeat, but I really can't understand the way people go on and on about the shrine. I mean it's a building, built by human beings. Imam Ali(as) is not there. Yes it has special significance because it's built over his grave, but come on, it's a building. It was built before and can be built again. Sometimes I think people worship the building. I can't imagine that if Imam Ali(as) were here, his main concern would be protecting his shrine.

WaSalaam, Hajar

(bismillah)

I never said any of that was right. But do US injustices to Sadr justify Sadr putting the shrine at risk? The US was wrong to shut down his newspaper but does that make his hiding behind the shrine right?

Of course not, turning the Holy Shrine into an Ammo’s Storage facility isn’t acceptable either; two wrongs don’t make a right. But keep in mind that it was Bremer and the Pentagon are the ones who started this whole incident, and trust me; they are going to pay politically for this provocation. Firstly by the American Public, and secondly by the Iraqis come Election time in Nov/January.

(salam)

moqtada sadr is a great man...

but (in my opinion)... but wut I think happened is that Jaish Al mahdi (ag) was lured by the americans...

The Americans made it look as though they were going to take the shrine over and destroy it, so the Al mahdi troops hurried down to the shrine to defend it... and Booom... they where trapped... they fell into the americans trap...

and now, if they leave, they'll destroy it, and if they stay, they'll try to do it aswell...

my 2 cents..

PEACE

MAK

(salam)

Yes,

this would never have happened if he had obeyed Ayatollah Seestanis orders in the first place.

(salam)

Maybe my ideas are a little offbeat, but I really can't understand the way people go on and on about the shrine. I mean it's a building, built by human beings. Imam Ali(as) is not there. Yes it has special significance because it's built over his grave, but come on, it's a building. It was built before and can be built again. Sometimes I think people worship the building. I can't imagine that if Imam Ali(as) were here, his main concern would be protecting his shrine.

WaSalaam, Hajar

Yes, but what would Imam Husain think? What would Imam Hasan think?

What *DOES* Imam Mehdi think?

Surely they respect their Great Father - the closest companion of Prophet Muhammad. Surely they would want to respect the peace and tranquility of Najaf.

Most ASSUREDLY they would demand that the rules of Jihad be followed. Due to Sadr's actions, regular citizens of Najaf have been forced to flee their homes. Is this permissible in Jihad? Is it permissible to overtake an entire masjid and claim it as your base in the midst of Jihad? Is it permissible to kidnap governmental officials (corrupt or not) in Jihad?

-

fg

Yes, but what would Imam Husain think? What would Imam Hasan think?

What *DOES* Imam Mehdi think?

Surely they respect their Great Father - the closest companion of Prophet Muhammad. Surely they would want to respect the peace and tranquility of Najaf.

Most ASSUREDLY they would demand that the rules of Jihad be followed. Due to Sadr's actions, regular citizens of Najaf have been forced to flee their homes. Is this permissible in Jihad? Is it permissible to overtake an entire masjid and claim it as your base in the midst of Jihad? Is it permissible to kidnap governmental officials (corrupt or not) in Jihad?

-

fg

Salaam alaikum,

I barely know what I think, I can't be guessing what others would think, especially not those you mentioned.

What are the rules of jihad in this instance? I really don't know, but I don't see that they started the fighting in Najaf. Once the fighting started, then of course civilians would leave. They would leave, no matter where the fighting took place, this is usual in war.

As far as government officials, are they innocent kidnap victims or prisoners of war? There may be more than one way to look at it.

waSalaam, Hajar

one thing which i dont understand about shias is why we have to get involved in this ongoing fight bet wahabism and us. just let them kill eachother. a political proces is going on and sadr just comes in between.

HE IS HERO OF THE OPPRESSED AND DOWNTRODDEN OF THE WORLD,

THE PROTECTOR OF ISLAM AGAINST IMPERIALISM, COMMANDER OF THE FAITHFUL, REVIVALIST OF ISLAM IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

May Allah protect him and the rest of Shias.