Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
optikalfilter

Qum hawza education

it look fascinating.....

unfortunately on the counterpart, najaf have already dead and yet become worst becoz US occupiation so there's no chance or security guarantee if we study there

How do people finance their studies in Qum? Do they save up money first or work while they're at Qum?

From what I know they give you accomodation for free plus they give you money to take care of your needs. I think you only need to find accomodation for yourself if you have a family with you.

(bismillah)

(salam)

A very informaive thread. I am a Pakistani currenly in Pakistan. I completed my studies in the UK in Computer sceince. By the grace of Allah and Janab-e-Zahra (SA) I want to serve my religion ans devote my self completely for this purpose. I am 26 years old and want to join Hawza in Qom. Kindly help me with the following queries. I will appreciate your detailed response:

1- What are the requirements? Is there any sort of test for admission? I am a very normal person when it comes to knowledge of religion, that is what I want to change.

2- I am married with one 2 yr old child. How will I support them? Of course they come with me to Qom. What will be the living arrangments?

3- How long does it take for me to actually start studies from this phase of decision making (clarifying queries before I actually apply to Hawza)?

4- Can I take admission in ICIS? Is age/nationality a problem?

5- Can I also do some part-time work so I can have better living condition for my family? I am a CS graduate having PG in Business and a Technical writer by proffesion. Of course it entirely depends on what is permitted by the Hawza. The main aim is to devote myself to Deen but that also doesnt mean that Ishould not strive to keep my family as comfortable as possible. Please guide me in this regard.

I will be posting more queries as I research more. Meanwhile, I will appreciate a detailed answer to all queries above. May Mola Ali (as) keep you all safe with your iman. Thank you.

Regards,

Syed Naqvi

(bismillah)

Salam brothers and sisters,

My brother is a hawza student in qom at the moment, Most of the info given here is wrong with all respect to my brothers and sisters....

The best thing to do is get in contact with someone from there to actually lodge your application himself... If you do not know anyone there, its best to go for ziyara and when your there apply.... I have studies in qom myself

1. apply

2. if accepted, you will have to do a farsi course which goes on 4 about 6 months or so..then a intro course in the same school which goes on for approx 3 months..

3. If you have no arabic backround, it is very hard to study in arabic...you will have to go to a farsi madrasa

4. brothers and sisters please do not study in english, there is no use coming to qom if you want to study in english..im sure you can find a teacher to teach you in enlish in your home country..

5. Strongest hawza studies are in arabic at the moment...As for madrasa imam khomeini, it not traditional hawza style studies at all

6. there is also a female hawza, "jama3at al Zahraa (3)...

7.Please keep in mind that coming from a western country can be a little hars to adapt to the life style.... so there is always be hurtles you will have to jump over...

8. I have been with students old enough to be my father...why? because they hold western passports...so age is not a prob at allllll

Please keep me in your duaa,

salam

Salam,

I can attest to a lot of what you're saying here. However, from what I've heard not long ago, they've shut down the Arabic studies program that one used to be able to go to (with some effort) in Hujjatiyyeh. Going to a Middle Eastern country to study in English may be a bad idea, but going to study in Farsi is even worse. It's an added step of distance from the actual source material (if they even teach that to the foreigners now, when I was there they were engaged in trying to replace the traditional, Arabic, texts with newer Farsi ones), with the sadly common result of people coming out of there with lackluster Arabic skills (even Farsi'fied Arabic, which can be pretty terrible). As a foreign student in Qum, also realize that the "official" program of study isn't so much geared to training one to be an actual scholar, but rather to be a muballigh in one's country.

(bismillah)

Salam brothers and sisters,

My brother is a hawza student in qom at the moment, Most of the info given here is wrong with all respect to my brothers and sisters....

The best thing to do is get in contact with someone from there to actually lodge your application himself... If you do not know anyone there, its best to go for ziyara and when your there apply.... I have studies in qom myself

1. apply

2. if accepted, you will have to do a farsi course which goes on 4 about 6 months or so..then a intro course in the same school which goes on for approx 3 months..

3. If you have no arabic backround, it is very hard to study in arabic...you will have to go to a farsi madrasa

4. brothers and sisters please do not study in english, there is no use coming to qom if you want to study in english..im sure you can find a teacher to teach you in enlish in your home country..

5. Strongest hawza studies are in arabic at the moment...As for madrasa imam khomeini, it not traditional hawza style studies at all

6. there is also a female hawza, "jama3at al Zahraa (3)...

7.Please keep in mind that coming from a western country can be a little hars to adapt to the life style.... so there is always be hurtles you will have to jump over...

8. I have been with students old enough to be my father...why? because they hold western passports...so age is not a prob at allllll

Please keep me in your duaa,

salam

^ The aspect of learning and teaching in Arabic is being re-introduced especially in the new Hawzas that have started up. While I was there I heard that due to the demands of the tulabas the Hawzas are now bringing in a program by which there will be 50% learning in Arabic, which is a start.

Salam,

I can attest to a lot of what you're saying here. However, from what I've heard not long ago, they've shut down the Arabic studies program that one used to be able to go to (with some effort) in Hujjatiyyeh. Going to a Middle Eastern country to study in English may be a bad idea, but going to study in Farsi is even worse. It's an added step of distance from the actual source material (if they even teach that to the foreigners now, when I was there they were engaged in trying to replace the traditional, Arabic, texts with newer Farsi ones), with the sadly common result of people coming out of there with lackluster Arabic skills (even Farsi'fied Arabic, which can be pretty terrible). As a foreign student in Qum, also realize that the "official" program of study isn't so much geared to training one to be an actual scholar, but rather to be a muballigh in one's country.

(bismillah)

salam brother,

There are many arabic schools still up and running in qom, they will not shut the schools down as arabs refuse to study in any language other than arabic and a massive portion of the talaba in qom are arabs.... What the markaz is trying to do is stop people begining their studies in arabic, so if your a person that can not read/write arabic but want to start to learn arabic and study hawza lessons in arabic you will have to go to either Syria,lebanon or iraq....

Brothers and sisters keep in mind that its not the place your studying in, it is actually the teacher who is teaching you... I might be studying in "qom" but have a weak teacher and i might be studying in syria, lebanon or iraq and have strong teachers, even though qom is meant to be the "place" but it is somehow over rated.. I have not studied in Hujatiya but i heard that it is one of the most weak madaris in qom...

I pray to Allah that he places us on the right path..

Salams

^ The aspect of learning and teaching in Arabic is being re-introduced especially in the new Hawzas that have started up. While I was there I heard that due to the demands of the tulabas the Hawzas are now bringing in a program by which there will be 50% learning in Arabic, which is a start.

(bismillah)

Brother what the iranians are trying to do is "persianise" the hawza, Im not too sure that what you heard is right but i dont see why they would not do that as so many students are leaving qom and going back to najaf because they no longer can sit back and watch the hawza being traumatised...There is no alim or marjaa that is weak in arabic, even though some might be weak when it comes to their accent but they sure are very strong when it comes to grammer.. I know a few big kharij teachers who have gone back to najaf and many of their students have followed them...... You can not have 2 in 1! It is either studying the traditional way (arabic texts) or staying in your home country and getting a local learned person to teach you... I have heard of a new english hawza that has opened in qom, i mean i can only imagine what kind of students will graduate from there..The most popular books in any subjects are in arabic and when they are translated the majority of the meaning is gone... I have seen it many times in my own eyes, put a person that has studied in arabic next to a person that has studied in farsi on the same study level and you will see the diff, so you can imagine how it will be studying in english.... Yes it is great that we spread islam in all languages but when it comes to hawza studies the best language to study in is arabic... I went to qom and could not speak/read/write arabic and now alhumdulilah all my studies are in arabic.....

May Allah help us to be put on the right path...

salam

From what I know they give you accomodation for free plus they give you money to take care of your needs. I think you only need to find accomodation for yourself if you have a family with you.

(bismillah)

salam brothers and sisters.

If you are single, you will be given accomodation in the school your studying in. If you are married, you can also be given accomodation for you and your family but this is usually away from central qom... As for the payment you get for studying, it is a very small amount but varies depending on who you get your money from and is only enought to eat and drink ... Westerners are usually supported by themselves or family...

Allah is allknowing..

salam

(bismillah)

Brother what the iranians are trying to do is "persianise" the hawza, Im not too sure that what you heard is right but i dont see why they would not do that as so many students are leaving qom and going back to najaf because they no longer can sit back and watch the hawza being traumatised...There is no alim or marjaa that is weak in arabic, even though some might be weak when it comes to their accent but they sure are very strong when it comes to grammer.. I know a few big kharij teachers who have gone back to najaf and many of their students have followed them...... You can not have 2 in 1! It is either studying the traditional way (arabic texts) or staying in your home country and getting a local learned person to teach you... I have heard of a new english hawza that has opened in qom, i mean i can only imagine what kind of students will graduate from there..The most popular books in any subjects are in arabic and when they are translated the majority of the meaning is gone... I have seen it many times in my own eyes, put a person that has studied in arabic next to a person that has studied in farsi on the same study level and you will see the diff, so you can imagine how it will be studying in english.... Yes it is great that we spread islam in all languages but when it comes to hawza studies the best language to study in is arabic... I went to qom and could not speak/read/write arabic and now alhumdulilah all my studies are in arabic.....

May Allah help us to be put on the right path...

salam

I am one of those who know and have spent time in this new Hawza. It is quite good and much better than the other Hawzas in Iran such as Imam Khomeini Madressa etc. They do emphasis on studying and learning in Arabic rather than Farsi and as I stated 50% of the course is in Arabic which is set to increase in the next few years Inshallah.

I am one of those who know and have spent time in this new Hawza. It is quite good and much better than the other Hawzas in Iran such as Imam Khomeini Madressa etc. They do emphasis on studying and learning in Arabic rather than Farsi and as I stated 50% of the course is in Arabic which is set to increase in the next few years Inshallah.

(bismillah)

Salam brother

Brother any school in qom is better than madrasa Imam khomeini. So if 50% of the studies are in arabic, we can no longer call it an english hawza, inshalah they will continue and work on the other 50% and make it a 100% arabic hawza...

May Allah bless any hawza teaching the traditional hawza studies of Ahlul Bayt (3)

salam

:yaali:

When are we having QumOnline?

We just cant leave our husband and babies. Does anyone even care that someone in that corner of the world are deprived of Good Islamic Knowledge

Read the Extra Thoughts in my book my sister and you may learn something new or correct me if I was wrong.

Peace.

Ali

Assalamu Alaikoum Wa Rahmatullahi Ta3la wa Barakatoehoe,

I would like to know if anyone has an update about studying in Qum. How is it for a married couple to study there?

And also how to study there if you don't write/read/speak Arabic?

Any information is welcome.

Jazzakum Allahu Khayran.

Assalamu Alaikoum wa Rahmatullahi Ta3la wa Barakatoehoe.

Allahuma Sali 3la Muhammad wa 3la ali Muhammad

(salam)

BUMP and also a reminder of a USEFUL link!

Study in Qum

I am seriously looking to go to Qum. I have a wife and child. Going from Canada. I speak, read, and write very good in Arabic and English.

Question, anyone know of any great Arabic hawzas? Does not have to be in Qum.

May Allah reward you from his infinite mercy,

Peace.

salamun alaikum brothers & sisters in islam,i wish to know if i can start my study in qum hawza as soon as possible(may be any course short or long,but ultimately i plan for long term course),i wish to apply for long term after i see it comfortable for me in hawza study,secondly i wish to know what will be my visa process as i am planning first to try for short term & if see comfortable inshallah i want it to transfer it to long term,in short i have asked 2 question,,,,how can i start ergent study & visa process,plz reply me as soon as possible,i will pray for you all now & also when i reach qum inshallah,soon waiting for reply.

Married couples can either get their own housing, which is usually 200-300USD/month depending on the deposit you leave. They can also apply for family housing through the hawza, which is free, but it takes time to get approved.

The hawza will first teach you farsi, then arabic, fusha.

They have plenty of Lebanese hawzas and Iraqi Hawzas in Qom. The best place right now to study your deen is Qom.

What country passport do you have?

I have indian passport.

Hasan Sajjad

President

i have indian passport

The visa won't be an issue for you, you may though have to initially arrive to Qom on ziarat visa, then have it changed inside Iran. However, will you be applying from India or a western country in which you are a resident? If the latter, you will have no problem getting in. If you are applying from India, it may be difficult for you to get in to the hawza since many people from India apply, there is only a set limit that are allowed. If this is the case, I'd study in Lukhnow at a reputable madressa, and after a few years for higher level education, Qom will be much easier to get into.

Hasan Sajjad

President

Thx for kind & soon reply,i wish to know if my chance will come in those limited sets available available,as i am indian & prefer to start directly qum study without studing in lucknow madressa,also i am in a hurry to start my qum study so i wish to talk to you directly which ever you prefer may be by PC 2 PC call(my id is,,,,za_25m@yahoo.in) & if you dont prefer tht i may call you inshallah soon as you give me a miscall(mobile no,,,9327959511)so that i can ask some thing in detail about my clear/final procedure to reach qum for study,kindly waiting for soon reply,may Allah(swt) bless you,khuda hafiz.

^ I wouldn't be the best person to call. However, the only thing I can tell you is that your best option is start in India. I know many Indians/Pakistanis aspiring to study in Qom usually study until lumha before getting acceptance into Qom. The best route in my opinion is Lucknow for Indians because over there, you can find like-minded scholars that will help you get into Qom later. Other students have first went to Syria, then after lumha in Syria, they try to transfer to Qom. This may help you quickly learn Arabic, but you will be depressed in Syria due to the type of teachers there.

Hasan Sajjad

President

Thx for kind reply,ok i will make contact with lucknow madressa inshallah,but if you know any reputable madrassa in lucknow you may let me know,may Allah(swt) bless you,khuda hafiz.

Salamu Alaikoum Wa Rahmatullah,

Brother Shiatullah and of course all the other brothers and sisters, how are you? Hamdulilah.

Thanks for replying my post on this forum. A little intro about myself:

My name is Muhammad, 24 years old and i'm from Holland. Hamdulilah i'm married with a Moroccan Muslima. She has a Moroccan passport and i have a Dutch one. Now my question is; How can we apply for going to a Hawza in Iran? The Iranian embassy in Morocco is closed so my wife can't obtain a visa via Morocco.. Do you know about the possibilities to go to Iran and stay there for studying? I saw a post from you (Shiatullah) where you advise to obtain a Ziyyarat visa and change it in Iran. What are the possibilities for this?

PS My Arabic is very poor (as i wrote in my previous post), but my wife speaks it fluently.

Insha Allah Ta3la you can help us with more information to finally go to the blessed city of Qum or maybe to another recommended city to learn more about the knowledge of the Ahl Bayt Aleyhimu Salam.

Of course you can also reach me at my E-mail:

bob_schoondergang@hotmail.com

Allahuma Sali 3la Muhammad wa Ali Muhammad.

May Allah Subhana wa Ta3la Protect you, Forgive you and bring you closer to the Ahl Bayt.

Salamu Alaikoum wa Rahmatullah,

Muhammad

Salamu Alaikoum,

Anyone with experience here on the forum? Maybe with studying in Iran or Syria and who can give a list of schools which finance the study for their students?

JazzakumAllahu Khayran

This video , pretty recent, is a lecture from Sheikh Salim Yusuf-Ali. He explains Hawza's in Qom, Western students, motives for attending, logistics for attending, different courses and an insightful QnA session with the crowd. An extremely helpful video for potential (especially Westerner) Hawza-ees.

Bismillah salam alaikum

I know this topic has not been active for some time, but I was hoping for advice in relation to the hawza in Qom (especially considering my current status and the current events in the Middle East). Jazak'Allah khair.

I'm aware of female groups of hawza students and I'm sure you can be welcomed. 

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

I am sorry to revive such an old thread, but I have a Question if they would admit little old ladies to study Islam I Qom?

I don't see why not.

May be it would depend on how little and how old she is. 

But if you are asking on behalf of a particular lady, perhaps you should get her to write to them directly.

That might be best.