Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheFollower

The School of Witchcraft & Wizardary!

Rate this topic

Guest TheFollower

(bismillah) ,

(salam) wasssup ppl........i was just hoping of starting a thread for dedicated fans of Harry Potter.Its good to see it has already been mentioned so lets continue this thread for latest news concerning the books and the movies.

How bout telling us how didu ppl start reading those books and your passion about the wizarding world!!

khuda hafiz n iltemas-e-dua

P.S. ppl who hate the movies but love the books which a fact that the Movie is a big insult on the books(if i was JKR i would have sued them) are also most welcome!!

(salam)

Bro The follower,I agree with you.......the movies were nothing compared to the books.

I just loved the books.........but she should not have killed Sirius :cry:

How bout telling us how didu ppl start reading those books and your passion about the wizarding world!!

I dont know about passion .......I feel that if there did exist such a world things would have been so much more complicated.

Hmm.....and me cuz lent the book to me..da first one and after reading that I was hooked.....N then I made it a point to read em all..... :rolleyes:

The goblet of fire was the best one. ^_^

WaSalaam.

Edited by whizbee

Guest TheFollower
I like both the movies and the books, so i didn't vote.

I started reading the books when i was in yr7 or 8 i think. I fell inlove with the books and i have all the 4 movies on dvd.

Kool ay? :P

(bismillah)

(salam) , Did u say "all 4 on DVD's" mind u but i myself am a hard core DVD collector and now am wondering DID I MISS SUMTHIN?!?!

Guest TheFollower
(salam)

Bro The follower,I agree with you.......the movies were nothing compared to the books.

I just loved the books.........but she should not have killed Sirius :cry:

I dont know about passion .......I feel that if there did exist such a world things would have been so much more complicated.

Hmm.....and me cuz lent the book to me..da first one and after reading that I was hooked.....N then I made it a point to read em all..... :rolleyes:

The goblet of fire was the best one. ^_^

WaSalaam.

(bismillah)

(salam) , I couldnt agree more about the sad demise of Sirius........he was my best second character after Severus Snape.But what really amused me about Black was his amazing bloodline!!

And the most amazing part of the book regarding Black was the chapter "The Noble & the most Ancient house of Black".

"Help will be always given for those who ask for it" by Albus Dumbledore in book Chamber of Secrets is one of the my favorite quotes.

What about u ppl,do mention your favorite charcters,quotes or chapters in the book or movie??

Guest TheFollower

(bismillah)

(salam) Here's some News from JK Rowling's website where she mentioned the title of her sixth book:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Section: News

Tuesday 29 June 2004

Title of Book Six: The Truth

Well, the door opened at last and I showed you the title of book six - the genuine title, the title that will appear on the published book, the title I have been using in my head for ages and ages. Unfortunately, however, the door opened on the very same day the 'Pillar of Storgé' hoaxer struck, which left a lot of Harry Potter fans bemused as to whether I was having a joke at their expense by posting another fake title to 'teach hoaxers a lesson', something I certainly wouldn't do, as it would simply frustrate, confuse or annoy the 99.9% of you who aren't hoaxers! I tried to give a clear hint that the title behind the door was the real one by making the 'Toenail' joke as well (see 'Rumours'). But just to clear up matters once and for all…

Information you take directly from this site will be truthful and accurate (I might occasionally joke, but as time goes on, you'll learn to tell when I'm joking). Do not trust anybody else claiming to have found information on this site that you cannot access, however seemingly convincing the images they provide to support their story.

I never post information on the site that I do not want fans to read immediately. In other words, anybody claiming to have 'discovered' a message that wasn't due for release yet is lying. There was never anything meaningful behind the door until the 'Do Not Disturb' sign came off!

The 'Pillar of Storgé' was never my title, and I did not change it at the eleventh hour because I was 'found out' (I nearly fell off my chair giggling when I read this).

I was delighted to see that a hard core of super-bright fans knew that the real title was once, in the long distant past, a possibility for 'Chamber of Secrets', and from that deduced that it was genuine. Certain crucial pieces of information in book six were originally planned for 'Chamber of Secrets', but very early on (first draft of Chamber) I realised that this information's proper home was book six. I have said before now that 'Chamber' holds some very important clues to the ultimate end of the series. Not as many as six, obviously, but there is a link.

Anyway: if you continue to exercise patience, you will find that the Do Not Disturb Door opens again… and again… giving you further hints about book six. But as a little bonus, and compensation for having been messed around by Mr. or Ms. Storgé, I shall tell you one thing without making you shift any bricks at all: the HBP is neither Harry nor Voldemort. And that's all I'm saying on THAT subject until the book's published.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

©2004 J.K. Rowling. All Rights Reserved.

Site By Lightmaker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhhh,finally a thread abt Harry Potter :rolleyes: ...... i never knew wut was the world of HP like even after the release of 2nd book,although i read in the newspaper wut splashes it was making,i thought they were children's stuff,until i got hold of the 1st book sum how,n,i loved it although its the most boring book of the series

Books r far more superb than the movies i agree with all of ya guys,movies were Pathetic,especially the 3rd installment Alfred Curanso(is that the name :huh: )simply ruined it.(Dumbledore,looked like a stupid weirdo) :angry:

iam one of the ardent fans of HP n JKR,shes one of the best things that happened to children's fiction witing(although adults love her books same as kiddos)i also happen to b 20 yrs(notgulityof shame :!!!: ),n eagerly waiting for the 6th book :(

well its too hard to tell ur fav characters,ummmmmm i like the Weasley twins a lott

:wub: n most least fav is Snape but i did pity him when i read wut James Potter & Black did to him,in the 5th book.

more next time

maslama shia muggles

Harry potter!! I lovvvvve reading Harry Potter and I'm not ashamed to say so :P

J. K. Rowling is a superb author in my humble opinion.....one of those very few writers that have as many adult fans as children!

The books.....the wonderful books, are by far, much much better! The movies were a disgrace if you look at them in the light of those books......I didn't like any of them at all.

What makes those books so great, and which is lacking in the movies, is the witty style of JKR - a lot of that humour.

Anyway.....I can't wait until the 6th book comes out! :)

My favourite character....ummm...Ron :) He's so funny and adorable!

Guest TheFollower

(bismillah)

(salam) , I think Fred & George are the most hillarious ppl around.And ppl i am so lazy of re-reading the books that i am downloading audio books but it is takin ages on 56k modem.

neways..........check out his site for info on the 6th book!!

http://www.halfbloodprince.info/

(bismillah)

(salam) , I think Fred & George are the most hillarious ppl around.And ppl i am so lazy of re-reading the books that i am downloading audio books but it is takin ages on 56k modem.

neways..........check out his site for info on the 6th book!!

http://www.halfbloodprince.info/

I LOVE Fred and George!! They are sooooo funny!!

The books are a million times better than the movies. You miss out on so much in the movies... So people who say HP sucks most likely haven't even read the books!!

Fred and George... :wub:

I wish Oliver Wood had been in the 3rd movie, we missed out on his big pep speech!!! :cry:

how many of y'all think snape is gonna turn out adopting harry in book 7?

ps. I didn't like harry in book five.. he's too pushy n bossy, that's not how harry was supposed to be :(

I felt like punching him a couple times.. other than that I love the books so much.. i've read and reread them.. trust me, they're even better the second time around!

As Salamu Alaikum..

I think books seem more exciting..I cant compare as I ahvent read the first 2 books and am waiting for the third movie. I watched the first two movies, and read books 3 4 and 5..)

Still have to watch the third movie..

Hm..snape adopts Harry, I dont think so..he detests Harrr..It would be more like Lupin adopting him..Or if only Sirius was alive, he'd have taken Harry with him..

And the best book is The Prisoner of Azkaban..

WaSalam..

Guest Zahra 110

:squeez:

Harry Potter is Shaytan :shaytan: I used to love those books but then I was banned from reading them but I realized that it was for the better. I heard people become atheists and magicians because of reading those books. People even tried black magic because of that book! Astaghfirullah.

Guest TheFollower

(bismillah)

(salam) ,Sorry brothers if i might heard by sharing my opinion about harry's fate but i think Mr. Potter will have to sacrifice himsself in the end!!

Dont ask me y..........And about harry's behaviour in the 5th book.Yes he does tend to be hostile but i think this a great aspect of JK Rowling's writing.My point is tht every1 WANTS harry to be all happy goody hero character but practically its not true and it may get a bit boring like the first 2 movies,they r kinda childish stories to me but as i go along with the books we see harry's life also has those normal problems that do exist with all of us,i mean even with all the power n popularity............u cannot be happy,shall i say life's just not so perfect.

And i really admire this trait of rowling's writing that i think appeals to most of the reader.......The Tragedies

Yup, I think in the end Harry has to sacrifice himself... Poor kid :cry: What a sad destiny......

aqm,

I bet if you were Harry, you'd get irritated too. I'll admitt, I didn't like him as much in book 5 either, but its understandable, seeing all that he has to deal with and how alone he is. He has no family left now... :cry: and even though he has friends, even they at times seem to get scared or doubt Harry... It really must be tough for him... and I think JKR is doing a great job of showing all the struggles he has to go through... :)

sis 786Zahra,

That is sad that people would become atheists and whatnot from reading HP. But if you have strong Imaan, you shouldn't be afraid of reading a fictional book.

Guest TheFollower

(bismillah)

(salam) ,THE NEWS................

Harry Potter 6 release date: July 16, 2005

Posted by CHEESER

Source: PR Newswire

It's official.

Jo Rowling's Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will reach bookstores in the United States, Canada, Australia and Britain on July 16, 2005.

The press release, issued jointly by English-language publishers Scholastic and Bloomsbury, says the opening chapter has been "brewing" in the author's mind for 13 years. Mary GrandPré will illustrate the U.S. edition once more. The price will be $29.99.

Order of the Phoenix, the fifth and most recent book, was released June 21, 2003 and was the fastest-selling book in history. Half-Blood Prince will be the sixth in Rowling's seven-part series.

BBC reported that Bloomsbury's stock soared after news of the announcement to an all-time high. CBBC Newsround reports that since some bookstores may open at midnight in the UK, fans there could get the book a few hours early than their U.S. counterparts.

Enjoy n Take CARe

hmmmm,

i like reading books or more like "addicted to them":!!!: . but i only read the first two series of harry potter. i just couldn't stand the cover of the third 1, it made me sick. and as for movies not really into them. but it was a great story, with very powerful imagination.

this is one of the few cases where i liked the movie better than the book... i thought the setting and characters really came to life in the movie in a way they didn't in the book

of course one complements the other

I heard people become atheists and magicians because of reading those books. People even tried black magic because of that book! Astaghfirullah.

if people don't have guidance, they will try to fill that void with whatever they come across... even a kid's fiction book

but did the magic work? ;)

asalmu alaykum,

i luv this thread!!!

i luv fred and george!!!

i luv hermione!!!

i luv dumbledore!!!

and i have an obsession with the marauders..specifically remus and sirius :wub: !!

i luv harry potter wallpapers..i actually collect them..ive lost count of how many i have.

at first i hated everything that had to do with harry potter then my bro got the first movie and..i got hooked. i didnt bother reading the books even then(now i luv the books more than the movies) and i watched the second and third DVD then i watched the fourth but i cudnt stand waiting for the 5th movie to come out. so one day at school i picked up the fifth book finished it in 3 days...then got the sixth book (read it in one day and a half) i cried when both dumbledore and siruis died but wayyy more when siruis died *sobs at the memory*. so then i decided to read the other books cuz i was just totally obssessed with it now..so i read the third, then the first, then the fourth,then the second..yea weird order isnt it? I cant wait for the 7th one to come out and am dying to see the fifth movie but im sure ill be dissappointed because of all the parts they're leaving out.

well tc and khoda hafiz,

ur fellow harry potter lover and sister in islam

When they make the movie they should add every :!!!: detail of the book in the movie!

I like the book of HP & Goblet of Fire....

...the movie was ok.