Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

21.87: And Yunus, when he went away in wrath, so he thought that We would not straiten him, so he called out among afflictions: There is no god but Thou, glory be to Thee; surely I am of those who make themselves to suffer loss.

21.88: So We responded to him and delivered him from the grief and thus do We deliver the believers

(Surah Anbiyah (21), Verse 87-88)

(bismillah)

21.87: And Yunus, when he went away in wrath, so he thought that We would not straiten him, so he called out among afflictions: There is no god but Thou, glory be to Thee; surely I am of those who make themselves to suffer loss.

21.88: So We responded to him and delivered him from the grief and thus do We deliver the believers

(Surah Anbiyah (21), Verse 87-88)

http://www.duas.org/gufaylah_new.htm

In that salat we read those two Ayats :D I was looking into how to perform this salat correctly & when I ran into your post just then it reminded me of this Salaah :)

Thought I'd contribute:

We have advised the human being to be kind to his parents; his mother bore him with hardship and delivered him while suffering a great deal of pain. The period in which his mother bore and weaned him lasted for thirty months. When he grew up to manhood and became forty years old, he then said, “Lord, inspire me to give You thanks for the bounties you have granted to me and my parents, and to act righteously to please You. Lord, make my off­spring virtuous. Lord I turn to you in repentance; I am a Muslim.” (46:15)

These are the ones from whom We accept righteous deeds and ignore their bad deeds. They will be among the dwellers of Paradise. It is the true promise which was given to them. (46:16)

bismilah

salam alaikum brothers and sisters in Allah

this verse is great for most of us, who have tried to guide and enlightened loved ones in our life, but ended up failing. 

28_56.png

Indeed, you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the guided.

28:56

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وعَجِّلْ فَرَجَهُمْ

walaikum salam 

(bismillah)

(salam)

9_32.png

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.

sadaq Allah al Aley al Atheem 

fi aman ilah 

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وعَجِّلْ فَرَجَهُمْ وسَهِّلْ مَخْرَجَهُمْ والعَنْ أعْدَاءَهُم الأوّلينَ وَالآخِريْن إِلَى قِيَامِ يَوْمِ الدِّينْ

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

6_33.png

We know indeed the grief which their words cause you: it is not you that they deny, but it is the Verses of Allah that the Zalimun deny. 6:33

fi aman ilah 

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وعَجِّلْ فَرَجَهُمْ وسَهِّلْ مَخْرَجَهُمْ والعَنْ أعْدَاءَهُم الأوّلينَ وَالآخِريْن إِلَى قِيَامِ يَوْمِ الدِّينْ

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

6_33.png

We know indeed the grief which their words cause you: it is not you that they deny, but it is the Verses of Allah that the Zalimun deny. 6:33

fi aman ilah 

(wasalam)

Salam, 

Taken from www.al-Islam.org/Quran

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 6:33]

The pagans used to say that the Holy Prophet was certainly truthful (they called him al sadiq and al amin) as he had never uttered a falsehood. They did not call in question his honesty. What they stoutly denied was the message he claimed to have received from Allah.

Edited by ghazi

^^ there is a bit of a contradiction there, because if they did not call into question his honesty, why did they not believe in the verses from Allah?

if they do not question his honesty that means they believe in him and all ayat, as well as his claim of prophethood.

Who is more unjust than one who invents a lie against Allah or rejects His Ayat? 7:37

walaikum salaam

yes, there is a saying by imam Ali that i personally believe to be true:

1382885_10151569842771916_910894411_n.pn

The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep - deaf, dumb and blind, so they do not understand. 2:171

Verse of the Day:

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

awuthu bil la al aleyh al atheem min al shaytaan alrajeem

25_30.png

And the Messenger has said, "O Lord! Surely my people have taken to themselves this Qur'an as a thing to be forsaken." 25:30

fi aman ilah 

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

awuthu bil la al aleyh al atheem min al shaytaan alrajeem

59_21.png

If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah . And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought.  59:21

fi aman ilah 

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

awuthu bil lah al aleyh al atheem min al shaytaan alrajeem

12_104.png

And you do not ask of them for it any payment. It is not except a reminder to the worlds. 12:104

fi aman ilah 

(wasalam)

^^

Walaikum Salaam

giving khums to an imam is not for his personal possession, and giving sadaqa to the poor is not a payment, but a duty and form of self-purification. the one who benefits most is the giver.

Verse of the day:

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

awuthu bil lah al aleyh al atheem min al shaytaan alrajeem

So leave Me with him who cries lies to this narration! We will soon draw them gradually from where they do not know, 68:44

fi aman ilah 

(wasalam)

Edited by peace seeker

Salaams all,

Verses of the day are two breathtaking ones, the last 2 verses of Surah Luqman. 

Highly recommend you listen to them being recited as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVgq_BFbWw

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوا رَبَّكُمْ وَاخْشَوْا يَوْمًا لَّا يَجْزِي وَالِدٌ عَن وَلَدِهِ وَلَا مَوْلُودٌ هُوَ جَازٍ عَن وَالِدِهِ شَيْئًا ۚ إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ ۖ فَلَا تَغُرَّنَّكُمُ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا وَلَا يَغُرَّنَّكُم بِاللَّهِ الْغَرُورُ

'O mankind! do your duty to your Lord, and fear (the coming of) a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the promise of Allah is true: let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the chief Deceiver deceive you about Allah.

إِنَّ اللَّهَ عِندَهُ عِلْمُ السَّاعَةِ وَيُنَزِّلُ الْغَيْثَ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْأَرْحَامِ ۖ وَمَا تَدْرِي نَفْسٌ مَّاذَا تَكْسِبُ غَدًا ۖ وَمَا تَدْرِي نَفْسٌ بِأَيِّ أَرْضٍ تَمُوتُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ

Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any one know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does any one know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).'

Edited by 786

له معقبات من بين يديه ومن خلفه يحفظونه من أمر الله إن الله لا يغير ما بقوم حتى يغيروا ما بأنفسهم وإذا أراد الله بقوم سوءا فلا مرد له وما لهم من دونه من وال

For each one are successive [angels] before and behind him who protect him by the decree of Allah . Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron. 

(bismillah)

يا أَيُّهَا الْعَزيزُ مَسَّنا وَ أَهْلَنَا الضُّرُّ وَ جِئْنا بِبِضاعَةٍ مُزْجاةٍ فَأَوْفِ لَنَا الْكَيْلَ وَ تَصَدَّقْ عَلَيْنا

" O emir! Distress has befallen our family, and us, and we have brought] just [a meager sum. Yet grant us the full measure, and be charitable to us!"

(bismillah)

رَبَّنا هَبْ لَنا مِنْ أَزْواجِنا وَ ذُرِّيَّاتِنا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَ اجْعَلْنا لِلْمُتَّقينَ إِماماً

" Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us imams of the God wary." (25:74)

(bismillah)

(salam)

"O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do."

(5:8)

(wasalam)

I begin in the name of Allah swt, the most beneficent the most merciful

"And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. [2:186]

"And those whom they call on besides Allah have not created anything while they are themselves created; [16:20]

(bismillah)

فَبِأَيِّ آلاءِ رَبِّكَ تَتَمارى
Then which of the bounties of your Lord will you dispute? (53: 55)

فَبِأَيِّ آلاءِ رَبِّكُما تُكَذِّبانِ
So which of your Lord's bounties will you both deny? (55:55)