Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

20_67.png

ShakirSo Musa conceived in his mind a fear.Aqa Mahdi Puya says (according to Quran.al-islam.org:Ali ibn abi Talib (as) says in Nahj al Balagha that the fear mentioned in verse 67 felt by Musa (as) was not the fear of the serpents, nor was Musa (as) afraid of the harm that could occur to him but he was apprehensive of the possible confusion that could mislead the people. Verses 70 and 71 indicate that miracles are real whereas sorcery is unreal and lasts a few moments only.

Edited by Ali-Reza

(bismillah)

(salam)

13_22.png

And those who are patient, seeking the Countenance of their Lord, and establish prayer and spend from what We have provided for them secretly and publicly and prevent evil with good - those will have the good consequence of [this] home - 13:22

(wasalam)

ذَٰلِكَ ۗ إِنَّمَا يَخْشَى اللَّهَ مِنْ عِبَادِهِ الْعُلَمَا

those of His servants only who are possessed of knowledge fear Allah

or

Only those fear Allah , from among His servants, who have knowledge.

In no way do We abrogate any ayah (i.e. verse, sign) whatsoever or cause it to be forgotten (except that) We come up with (i.e., bring) a more charitable one or the like of it. Do you not know that Allah is Ever-Determiner over everything? 2:106 (Dr. Ghali)

Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured." 13:28

.. so let us believe and remember Allah more and more and more and more and more and more .. in sha Allah

20_135.png

Quran (Shakir Translation Surah Taha Aya 135)

Say: Every one is awaiting, therefore do await: So you will come to know who is the follower of the even path and who goes aright.

Edited by Ali-Reza

4:36

4_36.png

ShakirAnd serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents and to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the neighbor of (your) kin and the alien neighbor, and the companion in a journey and the wayfarer and those whom your right hands possess; surely Allah does not love him who is arrogant, boastful;

(bismillah)

57_21.png

Race toward forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whose width is like the width of the heavens and earth, prepared for those who believed in Allah and His messengers. That is the bounty of Allah which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty. 57:21

(wasalam)

Just an idea for this great thread:

Shouldn't it be "verse of the day" thread so maybe it'll be more useful if numerous verses arn't posted all in one go in a day. How about if only one verse is posted per day for discussion or just for information with its context and background - why where & when it was sent down, the story behind it and if possible the meaning/tafseer of it, along with its relevance and relation to this era etc. And then the next day another verse?

Just an idea for this great thread:

Shouldn't it be "verse of the day" thread so maybe it'll be more useful if numerous verses arn't posted all in one go in a day. How about if only one verse is posted per day for discussion or just for information with its context and background - why where & when it was sent down, the story behind it and if possible the meaning/tafseer of it, along with its relevance and relation to this era etc. And then the next day another verse?

In school of thought of Ahlulbayt (as), we are warned against "debating" Quran without knowledge. That's what Wahabis\Salafis do. Quran and Etrat should not be separated and in their absence we need to follow the interpretations of mujtahid or a well verses scholar of our madhab.

Now I am OK with putting interpretations of each verse of valid Shia sources under each but I am not really sure about "debating" Quran verses with limited knowledge you and I have.

Edited by Ali-Reza

In school of thought of Ahlulbayt (as), we are warned against "debating" Quran without knowledge. That's what Wahabis\Salafis do. Quran and Etrat should not be separated and in their absence we need to follow the interpretations of mujtahid or a well verses scholar of our madhab.

Now I am OK with putting interpretations of each verse of valid Shia sources under each but I am not really sure about "debating" Quran verses with limited knowledge you and I have.

I don't see the word debate anywhere in my post, so I'm not sure who you are quoting there... Overall, thanks for agreeing without adding some spices out of the blue. If your a Muslim you should have no room to debate the Quran as you said, but discussing is different than debating and can help you learn and get closer closeness to the One that everyone seeks.

& inshallah I'll post an example of what I meant in abit

Edited by Fatima Waliyatullah

I don't see the word debate anywhere in my post, so I'm not sure who you are quoting there... Overall, thanks for agreeing without adding some spices out of the blue. If your a Muslim you should have no room to debate the Quran as you said, but discussing is different than debating and can help you learn and get closer closeness to the One that everyone seeks.

& inshallah I'll post an example of what I meant in abit

Sorry I got thrown off with the word "discussion" when it comes to Quran I tend to be very cautious because I have seen it over and over again, many take world of Allah (swt) too lightly and come up with loose interpretations that causes more confusion than guidance.

Sorry I got thrown off with the word "discussion" when it comes to Quran I tend to be very cautious because I have seen it over and over again, many take world of Allah (swt) too lightly and come up with loose interpretations that causes more confusion than guidance.

No worries, I understand what you mean.

And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins – and who can forgive sins except Allah? – and [who] do no persist in what they have done while they know, (3:135)

I used tafseer Al‘amthal by Makarim Shirazi, as its known for being brief and simple.

The verse is from a Madani surah (Ale-Imran) meaning it came down upon the Prophet while he was in Medina.

Interpretation: The verse concerns those who commit a sin and then, right after, repent and seek refuge and forgiveness. The word “fahisha” is much stronger meaning in Arabic than the translated word of it – indecency/immorality. It’s used as a strong expression of something that is filthy and ugly within a sin. It’s derived from the word “fahsh” in Arabic which is everything that goes “beyond the limit” in sinning. This verse is a continuation of the previous two verses in describing the pious people and their rewards. It is saying that when a pious person commits a sin they [right away after committing it] “seek forgiveness for their sins.”

The sheikh points out that this verse teaches us that a human being will not commit a sin what so ever if he remembers Allah. He will only sin when he forgets Allah and becomes unconscious of the One and Only. This forgetfulness and unconsciousness doesn’t stay for long with pious people. It quickly wears off once they realise what they’ve done, and so they fix what they've corrupted and never go back over it again [in other words they never forget Allah or forget the sin and therefore never go back to it again].

“And who forgives sins except Allah?”: Pious individuals feel deeply that there is no refuge or shelter to go to other than Allah, therefore they must ask for forgiveness from Him and no one else.

In addition to the word “immorality” the verse also mentions wronging the self or committing injustice to it. The tafseer mentions that the difference between the two may be that “immorality” is in reference to the greater sins while “wrong themselves” is referring to smaller sins.

Then the verse emphasises this attribute of these pious people by continuing on and saying that they “do not persist in what they have done while they know.”

The sheikh then quotes Master Jaafar Al-Sadiq a.s: “insistence [or persistence] is to commit a sin and not seek forgiveness from Allah, or make himself repent, this is insistence.”

"الإصرار: أن يذنب الذنب فلا يستغفر الله، ولا يحدث نفسه بتوبة، فذلك الإصرار"

He again Quotes Master Al-Sadiq a.s. from Al-Saduqs narrations (in summary & almost in my own words): when this ayah came down, satan went upon a mountain called mount ‘Thor’. He screamed out very loudly to his army of afareet=shayatin and informed them that this verse has been revealed so who will go against it? One of them referred to as the wiswas alkhanas [hint: the translation of wiswas is obsessive (in association with obsessive disorder)] got up and said: “I will go for it.” When satan asked him how and what will he do. He said “I will promise them and arouse inside them sinful desires until they fall into sin, once they fall into it I will make them forget seeking forgiveness.” So satan ordered him to go for it until the day of judgement.

The author then goes on to say that forgetfulness comes from leniency and obsessive disorders (wiswas) which only befalls those who give themselves in and submit to it. But those who are conscious are always in self-control and are always aware when they commit a fault or a sin that they quickly retreat to cleansing whatever took over their heart as a result of that sin. They don’t ever repeat it again and close all doors upon shayatin.

The story behind the verse is this (Not narrated by the author of this tafseer but by shaikh alSaduq the teacher of shaikh alMufeed): Muadh Ibn Jabal brought a handsome and young man who was crying and weeping to the prophet (s.a.w). When the prophet asked him what’s wrong he said I have committed unforgivable sins that Allah will surely never forgive me for.

The prophet asked him: Did you commit polytheism?

The young man: I seek refuge in Allah from associating anything with Him

The prophet: Did you kill the soul which Allah has forbidden to kill?

The young man: No

The prophet: Allah will forgive your sins even if they were as high as the mountains.

The young man: They are greater than the high mountains.

The prophet: Allah will forgive you for your sins, even if they were as vast as the seven earths and what is in them of oceans, soil, trees and whatever living creatures.

The young man: they are greater than the seven earths and what’s in them of oceans, soil, trees and living creatures.

The prophet: Allah will forgive your sins even if they were as much as the skies and their stars, and as vast as the holy throne.

The young man: They are greater than that.

The prophet: Woe to you, O young man, are your sins greater or your Lord?

The young man: Praise is to my Lord! There is nothing greater than my Lord. My Lord is greater, O prophet of Allah, than anything great.

The prophet: is the great sin forgiven by anyone other than the Great Lord?

The young man: No, by Allah, O prophet of Allah.

The young man kept quiet until the prophet said: Wo to you O young man, are you not going to tell me about one sin of your sins?

The young man agreed and told him: I used to dig graves for seven years. I take out the dead and steal their coffins. Until one day a female slave from the Ansar [Christians] died. I waited until night time; after she was buried and they all left, I went to her grave and dug it. I took her out and stripped off her coffin. I left her stripped at the edge of her grave and left. But Satan came to me and began adorning her in my mind and deceiving me, until I lost control of myself. So I went back to her and ravished her. I then heard a voice that kept repeating and telling me: “woe unto you from the day of judgement! The day when you and I will stand like how you left me stripped between the army of the dead and dug my grave and stole my coffins! shall I face my Lord while I am mujneba! Woe upon your youth from the fire!” I don’t see that I will ever smell the scent of heaven, what do you say of me O prophet of Allah?

The prophet said to him: Keep away from me… your fire is almost burning me!

The man left and went away into the desert. He stayed out in the open weeping, pleading, crying and worshiping for forty nights [Having the prophet telling you to go away is seriously not something simple, but honestly,how lucky a person this man is for such a reaction from the prophet!]. Then this verse got revealed to the prophet along with the situation of this worshiper. So the prophet went out looking for him while reciting this verse and smiling. When he found him he recited it to him telling him he is forgiven. (there is more detail here but I was only able to find this story in Arabic and summarised & translated what i can of it here)

Edited by Fatima Waliyatullah

(bismillah)

"And it is not for any human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a partition or that He sends a messenger to reveal, by His permission, what He wills. Indeed, He is Most High and Wise." - Surah Al-Shura [42:51]

(bismillah)

Then set your face upright for religion in the right state-- the nature made by Allah in which He has made men; there is no altering of Allah's creation; that is the right religion, but most people do not know

(The Holy Qur'an: 30:30)

39:23

39_23.png

ShakirAllah has revealed the best announcement, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.