Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

From Sura Hashr, 59:22-24

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god; - Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god; - the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

Allah is God, the Creator, the Maker, the Bestower of Forms (or Colors). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth declares His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

satan.gif

(bismillah)

2_216.png
2:216 Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you.

But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you.

And Allah Knows, while you know not.

Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow) -

ÓæÑÉ ÇáÈÞÑÉ

satan.gif

(bismillah)

48_4.png

48:4 It is He who sent down tranquillity into the hearts of the believers that they would increase in faith along with their [present] faith.And to Allah belong the soldiers of the heavens and the earth,

and ever is Allah Knowing and Wise.

Surat Al-Fatĥ (The Victory)

- ÓæÑÉ ÇáÝÊÍ

satan.gif

(bismillah)

2_11.png

2:11 When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "Why, we only Want to make peace!"

Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow) -

ÓæÑÉ ÇáÈÞÑÉ

49_6.png

49 6 O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

Surat Al-Ĥujurāt (The Rooms) -

ÓæÑÉ ÇáÍÌÑÇÊ

Surat 'Āli `Imrān (Family of Imran) - سورة آل عمران

(3:7)

3_7.png

It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.

Salamu3alykum

4:57

But those who believe and do righteous deeds - We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide forever. For them therein are purified spouses, and We will admit them to deepening shade.

besmellah

I didn't realize how different all these translations are!

24:53

to top

24_53.png

Sahih InternationalAnd they swear by Allah their strongest oaths that if you ordered them, they would go forth [in Allah 's cause]. Say, "Do not swear. [such] obedience is known. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with that which you do."

Muhsin KhanThey swear by Allah their strongest oaths, that if only you would order them, they would leave (their homes for fighting in Allah's Cause). Say: "Swear you not; (this) obedience (of yours) is known (to be false). Verily, Allah knows well what you do."

PickthallThey swear by Allah solemnly that, if thou order them, they will go forth. Say: Swear not; known obedience (is better). Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.

Yusuf AliThey swear their strongest oaths by Allah that, if only thou wouldst command them, they would leave (their homes). Say: "Swear ye not; Obedience is (more) reasonable; verily, Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do."

Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass, [and] the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not -- light upon light -- Allah guides to His light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth parables for men, and Allah is Cognizant of all things.

(24:35)

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

112:1 Say: He is God, the One and Only;

112:2 God, the Eternal, Absolute;

112:3 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

112:4 And there is none like unto Him.

111. Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.

"See you not that Allah, He it is Whom glorify whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, and the birds with wings outspread Of each one He knows indeed his Salah and his glorification; and Allah is All-Aware of what they do."

Surah an-noor (verse 41)

" And indeed We have created man, and We know what his self whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein"

surah qaf verse 16

Salaam alaykum, it appears we havnt seen any new verses for a few days. I'll provide some beauties, inshAllah

"O you who believe! Remember Allah with unceasing remembrance." Quran 33:41

“Surely in Allah’s remembrance do the hearts find peace.” Qur'an (13:28)

"So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not be ungrateful to Me." — Qur'an 2:152

"We have given various examples in this Quran for people to learn a lesson, but the human being is the most contentious creature. " Quran (18:54)

"God has promised those who believe and do good, righteous deeds that for them is forgiveness and a tremendous reward." Quran 5:9

"O you who believe! Whoever of you turns away from his Religion, (know that) in time, God will raise up a people whom He loves, and who love Him, most humble towards the believers, dignified and commanding in the face of the unbelievers, striving (continuously and in solidarity) in God’s cause, and fearing not the censure of any who censure. That is God’s grace and bounty, which He grants to whom He wills. God is All-Embracing (with His profound grace), All-Knowing." Qur'an 5:54

"Believers, if you fear Allah, He will give you guidance, will expiate your bad deeds and forgive you. Allah’s favours are the greatest." — Quran 8:29

"Virtue and evil are not equal. If you replace evil habits by virtuous ones, you will certainly find that your enemies will become your intimate friends. Only those who exer­cise patience and who have been granted a great share of Allah’s favor can find such an opportunity." Qur'an 41:35

"And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace." — Qur'an 25:63

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for God, as witnesses to justice and let not the hatred of others towards you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear God. For God is well-acquainted with all that you do." — Quran 5:8

"Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you His forgiveness and bounties. And Allah cares for all and He knows all things." - Qur'an 2:268

“Is not He (God) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil?" (Quran 27:62)

“Verily, Allah does not change the condition of a people until they (first) change that which is in their hearts.” (Quran 13:11)

Those are just a few personal favourites of mine. Of course, all of Allah's book is truly amazing

I know this isn't Qur'an related but I saw this on a website some time ago and only saw it then when I was looking through all rhe Quran verses that I keep in my notes on my iPad. Everytime I see a verse that is inspiring or has some impact on me I add it. Alhamdulillah it's quite a long list now :D

But yeh, sorry for derailing the thread but I wanted to share this with everyone:

"I asked Allah for strength and Allah gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked Allah for wisdom and Allah gave me problems to solve.

I asked Allah for courage and Allah gave me obstacles to overcome.

I asked Allah for love and Allah gave me troubled people to help.

I asked Allah for favors and Allah gave me opportunities.

Maybe I received nothing I wanted, but I received everything I needed."

(bismillah)

قُلْ إِنِّي نُهِيتُ أَنْ أَعْبُدَ الَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ لَمَّا جَاءَنِيَ الْبَيِّنَاتُ مِن رَّبِّي وَأُمِرْتُ أَنْ أُسْلِمَ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

Shakir

Say: I am forbidden to serve those whom you call upon besides Allah when clear arguments have come to me from my Lord, and I am commanded that I should submit to the Lord of the worlds.

Edited by AlAbd AlThaleel

As part of a longer tradition...

After the people paid allegiance to him, Imam Hasan a.s. said:

"We are the victorious party of Allah. We are the Pure Progeny of the Prophet. We are the closest to Allah.

We are the pleasant and pure Family of the Prophet and we are one of the two weights that the Prophet left for his nation. The second weight is the Book of Allah, the book that contains the details of everything and does not contain any falsehood.

We are the only reliable ones to explain the Qur'an. We do not guess at its meaning. We are certain in our interpretation of it.

Theefore, obey us becuse obeying us is mandatory and it is qual to obeying Allah and His Messenger.

"Bismilla hirr Rahman nir Raheem

Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those vested with authority from among you. And then if yoiu quarrel concerning any matter refer it to Allah and the Messenger

Qur'an 4:59 ~ The Women/Nisa

(The Glad Tidings of Mustafa for the Shia of Murtaza ~ Tabari, pg 157-8, #139 and Amali of Tusi 2:303)

Imam Ali said about protecting hadith ~

Amirul Momineen said:

'O our Shia who claim to be our friends!

Beware of people having their own opinions as they are enemies of the Prophet's traditions.

Traditions have suddenly flown away from their memories and they have become unable to oprotect the way of the Prophet a.s.

(The Tafsir Ascribed to Imam al Askari transl. Rizvi pg 58)

As part of a longer tradition, it is quoted from Nahj al Balagha that Imam ali said in one of his Sermons regarding the reappearance of the Qa'im:

'The Qa'im will direct desires to guidacne when the people have turneds to greediness. He will direct views to the Qur'an whenn ty hae directed the Qur'an to their views. He will revive the dead teachings of the Book and the Sunnah'.

Then the Imam said:

'We the Ahlu Bayt a.s. know through Divine Knowledge, judge throuoghthe Divine Comandments and we follow the words of the Truthful. If you follow our words you will be guided through our Light. And if you do not do that, Allah will destroy you by our hands.Wlith us is the standard of Truthfulness.

Whoever follows it will find salvation and whoever leaves it will be destroyed'.

(Bihar al Anwar - Kitab al Ghaibah Majlisi, vol 51, pg 194)

Salam Brothers and Sisters

I joined this forum some time ago and due to the policies I am not allowed to start a new topic or go in the chat rooms. So will ask my question here.

I need help understanding two verses from Surah Anfaal.

1) In Surah Anfaal Ayat 10 includes:

"Waman nasru il'la min indil'laahay."

Aur Allah ki bargaah say madad kay siwa koi madad nahi.

Question: Why do we recite Naad-e-Ali.

2) Surah Anfaal Ayat 34:

What (plea) have they that Allah should not punish them,

when they debar (His servants) from the Inviolable Place of Worship,

though they are not its fitting guardians.

Its fitting guardians are those only who keep their duty to Allah.

But most of them know not.

Reference made to:

"Its fitting guardians are those only who keep their duty to Allah."

Question: So the current guardians of Holy Kaba are the ones who keep their duty to Allah?

Please if someone can clarify these, that would be great.

JazakAllah

Mohsin.

SS 005: Surah Al-Imran v8

ÑóÈøóäóÇ áÇó ÊõÒöÛú ÞõáõæÈóäóÇ ÈóÚúÏó ÅöÐú åóÏóíúÊóäóÇ æóåóÈú áóäóÇ ãöä áøóÏõäßó ÑóÍúãóÉð Åöäøóßó ÃóäÊó ÇáúæóåøóÇÈõ

"Our Lord!" (they say), "Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure.

(salam)

(bismillah)

24_35.png

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things. 24:35

(wasalam)

salaam,

8_17.png

Sahih InternationalAnd you did not kill them, but it was Allah who killed them. And you threw not, [O Muhammad], when you threw, but it was Allah who threw that He might test the believers with a good test. Indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

Muhsin KhanYou killed them not, but Allah killed them. And you (Muhammad SAW) threw not when you did throw but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair trial from Him. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

PickthallYe (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair test from Him. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower.

Yusuf AliIt is not ye who slew them; it was Allah: when thou threwest (a handful of dust), it was not thy act, but Allah's: in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself: for Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things).

ShakirSo you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them, and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy), but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Dr. GhaliSo, you did not kill them, but Allah killed them; and in no way did you (i.e., the prophet) throw when you threw, but Allah threw, and that He might try the believers by a fair trial from Himself. Surely Allah is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing.

2:255 Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

6. He asks: "When will be this Day of Resurrection?"

7. So, when the sight shall be dazed,

8. And the moon will be eclipsed,

9. And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light, etc.)

10. On that Day man will say: "Where (is the refuge) to flee?"

11. No! There is no refuge!

12. Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day.

13. On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil or good deeds), and what he left behind (of his good or evil traditions).

14. Nay! Man will be a witness against himself [as his body parts (skin, hands, legs, etc.) will speak about his deeds].

May I ask, what is this in reference to? Or what is the background story?

Well, firstly we should see what the preceding verses are of this particular verse. I have shown the part where the topic changed to the People of Thamud and the prophet who was sent to them, Salih (as):

Surah 27:

verse 45. And certainly We sent to the Thamud their brother Salih (with the message): “Worship God alone.” (When he conveyed the Message) they split into factions in dispute with each other.

46. He (Salih) said (to them): “O my people! Why do you seek to hasten the coming (upon you) of evil instead of good? Why do you not seek God’s forgiveness for your sins so that you may be shown mercy (to be granted a good, virtuous life in the world and eternal happiness in the Hereafter)?”

47. They said: “We augur ill of you and those who are with you.” (Salih) answered: “What you describe as augury is (something ordained) by God. But the truth is that you are a people who are being tried.”

48. There were nine ringleaders in the city, causing disorder and corruption in the land and not setting things right.

49. They said, swearing in God’s Name: “We will certainly swoop on him and his family by night suddenly and kill them all. Then we will assuredly say to his heirs that we did not witness the destruction of his family (nor of Salih himself); indeed we speak the truth.”

50. And so they devised a scheme, and indeed We put Our will into force (to give them their just deserts), while they were not aware.

51. So see how was the end of their scheme! We utterly destroyed them and their people all together.

52. Those then are their houses, all lying in utter ruins because they were lost in wrongdoing. Surely in this is a sign (an important lesson) for a people seeking knowledge.

53. And We saved those who believed and kept from disobedience to God in reverence for Him and piety.”

For other accounts of the story of Salih and his people, see 7: 73–79; 11: 61–68; 26: 141–159.

Basically as you can see, the leaders of the Community of Thamud were not too happy that Salih (as) was preaching so they devised a plan to kill him and his family. Allah then demonstrates how their plans were brought to nothing when He put His 'will into force' by destroying them for their attempt to murder a Prophet and his family.

I don't like to play guessing games, especially with the Qur'an so may Allah forgive me if I am wrong but I think this incident was revealed to strengthen the heart of Muhammad (sawa). By revealing this story, he (sawa) is able to see how Allah destroyed the evil plans of previous tyrants, which ultimately saw the triumph of Belief with the believers in Salih's Prophethood to be saved by Allah (swt). There were a plethora of attempt of murder on our Prophets life, this story may be one to help reassure the Prophet (sawa) of his success if he remains patient and the believes remain obedient to God.

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

May I ask, what is this in reference to? Or what is the background story?

yes it's in reference to victory of good over evil, which will be the eid el zahra (as). ..

the reference is:

“It is on this day that Allah will destroy your enemies and the enemies of your grandfather and it is on this day when Allah will accept the actions of your Shi’a and those who love you. This is the day when the words of Allah came true where He said (in the Qur‘an): ‘So those are the houses fallen down because they were unjust.’ (27:52) And this is the day when the Pharaoh (Firawn) of the time of the Ahlul Bayt was destroyed ...”

http://www.hujjat.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=128:eid-e-zahra-&catid=28&Itemid=100013

i like to be optimistic and think it's true. One eid el zahra is better than no eid el zahra, which is believed to be on 9th of this month.

may Allah swt grant victory to the momins and destroy His enemies

(wasalam)