Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
jang

Moqadama Usul-al-Kafi in Urdu

Yaa Ali Madad

I urge all brothers and sisters to read and save the following Moqaddama of Usul-al-Kafi where Shaykh Yaqoob Kulayni has clearly written that Taqlid is only of Masumeen (as).

Page 1

post-1-1057855555.jpg

Page 2

post-1-1057855855.jpg

Page 3

post-1-1057856270.jpg

Page 4

post-1-1057856547.jpg

Page 5

post-1-1057856957.jpg

Please note that this Moqadama has been deliberately not been translated in the Urdu translation of Usul-e-Kafi.

Yaa Ali Madad

but how can we do direct taqleed if their shaheed?

well for me , i need someone more knowledgeable than me to use the masooms sayings and teachings, and to teach them to me.. instead doing that all bymyself, since der are enuff hadith out there, and so many FAKE ones aswell, so how can I distingiush these hadith from the other, Well i need a teacher. who will then come to a conclusion of what to do in islamic ways.

(salam)

brother when you read namaz behind someone, you infact are reading for Allah but you position yourself behind a fallible person.

the same way is with Taqlid, Taqlid is for imam's (as) only and you may refer to someone for guidance but that person does not give his own opinion's of things but instead gives you a narration of masomeen (as). He does not need people to do his Taqlid, or publish a Tawzee.

This is what Shaykh Kulaini did , as many people came to him aswell, and he offered the hadees of Imam's (as) and did not give his own opinions or publish his own tawzee or call himself wali-al-amar, or ayatollah.

brother if you cant read Urdu, never mind, please print the sheets and take it to someone who does and ask him or her translate it for you.

or wait for a few weeks, i will try to get it translated.

please read the moqaddama carefully.

Edited by jang

(bismillah)

(salam)

I think I am missing something here. Where did Shaikh Kulayni (ra) say against Taqlid.

From what I have read he says:

-One should not stay with his own self ignorance.

-Should not understand deen from others without refering to Masoomeen (as).

-Should not consider themselves as part of deen and follow the blind taqlid of their forefathers.

-Should not use conjecture and guesswork (qiyas) to solve small or big problems and should not follow themselves blindly or their national intelectuals.

Naturally he is all for learning religion (deen) from the school of Ahlul Bait (as) and against following others who do not belong to the school of Ahlul Bait (as).

Our Ulema and Marajeen belong to the school of Ahlul Bait (as). All their Ilm (knowledge) comes from what they have inharited from the Ahlul Bait (as) through their Sahaba and the narrators of their ahadeeth (like Sh. Kulayni and others). They are the survents of Ahlul Bait (as) who devote their life in search of knowledge and solving out problems of their Shia brothers and sisters.

If our Imam al-Asr (as) was infront of us (meaning he was not behind the parda e ghaib, we would go to him directly. During his occultation he (as) has directed us to go to the eminent Fuqha of our time, so we go to them to solve our problems, guide us, teach us regarding deen and answer our questions. All we are doing is following his directions.

After all it is Shaikh Kulayni (ra) himself who has written in his book:

al-Kafi H 87, Ch. 9, h 6

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn abu ‘Umayr from ‘Abdallah ibn Sinan from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following:

"The Holy Prophet said, ‘Allah, the Majestic, the Glorious says, ‘The discussions of the scholars among My servants are of the matters that bring the dead hearts to life if they come to and end up to My commandments.’"

and that scholars are the light houses:

al-Kafi H 48, Ch. 2, h 5

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Muhammad ibn Sinan from ’Isma‘il ibn Jabir from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following.

"The scholars are trust worthy people, The pious ones are the strongholds and the successors (of the holy Prophet (s.a.) are the leaders." In another Hadith it is said, "The scholars are the light houses, the pious people are the strongholds and the successors are the leaders."

and furthermore:

al-Kafi H 61, Ch. 4, h 5

Al-Husayn ibn Muhammad has narrated from Ali ibn Muhammad ibn Sa‘d in a marfu’ manner from abu Hamza from Ali ibn al-Husayn (a.s.) who has said the following.

"If only people knew how much reward there is for seeking knowledge, they would have sought it even if they would have had to shed their blood for it or dive in large waves. Allah the Blessed and Most High revealed to Daniel saying, ‘The most hated among my creatures are the ignorant ones who disrespect the scholars and do not follow them. The Most beloved to Me in My servants are the pious ones who work hard to become entitled for greater rewards, who always stay close to the scholars, follow the fore-bearing people and accept (the advise of) people of wisdom."

------------

So what is the problem?????????

WS

Edited by Orion

Bismillah

Salam Alaikum

I have read this introduction thrice now. And I am finding nothing in it what is against Usooli school of thought.

In whole introduction, there are few lines on this subject, and all those have been translated by brother Orion (and I find nothing in them, upon whose bases it can be said that he is supporting Akhbariat).

==============

Brother Syed_Shia,

May Allah (swt) bless you, I wished you could be able to read Urdu and then do justice for yourself.

1) Contrary to Akhbariat, Allama Yaqoob Kulayni made a full use of Ilm ul Rijal and gave full chain of narrations of every hadith

(which is misguided innovation according to Akhbaries and they claim that Masoomeen (as) never instructed this, but Usooli Maraja Karam invented it in order to make Normal Shias their slaves in matter of Deen

i.e. normal Shia people don't have ability/knowledge to check for Sanad and differentiate between Sahih or Dhaif hadith and ultimately they have to turn to Ulama........ )

But according to what I read, Ilm e Rijal is not an innovation by Usooli Ulama, but it was Mawla Ali (as) who asked us to differentiate between different type of people, who bring their traditions to us.

Dear brother in Islam, please read whole Sermon 210 of Nehjul Balagha:

http://www.zainabia.shiawebs.com/kashf_ul_...q/chapter_2.htm

May Allah (swt) guide us towards the Truth and Haq. Amin.

Was Salam.

PS:

==

Ahadith of Kafi are so difficult that most of time I am wondering what they mean (i.e. due to lac of background knowledge, I am unable to understand hundreds of things).

And those, who can understand the meanings of these Ahadith, for them there is no taqleed. But if you ask an illiterate person (who never read A B C , to read these Ahadith and then find his Legal Islamic Ruling..... only an insane person can support such views.

But some such illiterate people still want to propagate these views, so that they may be able to make their own Sharia according to their own wishes ( a self made Sharia, which says no need to establish Salah and Fasting and....... but it is enough to smoke and say Ali Ali )

I seek Allah's refuge. Amin.

Was Salam.

(salam)

hope ur all well. not to interupt or anything but i just wanna point this out.

The word "Taqlid" can not even be used for the Ma'soomeen a.s. that word is degrading the Ma'soomeen a.s. They have a much higher status then that. When a Ma'soom a.s. tells u to jump in a burning oven, u don't go around consulting others, u just do it.

****switching to urdu mode****

Ma'soom a.s. ki eetaat wajib hai...taqlid is something different...Just this past moharam i have heard atleast two aalims say the exact same words as Jang and then the next sentence was "Please don't say that ever, and don't believe it either.....believing somehting like that is a disaster waiting to happen" (paraphrased)

So bro Jang I suggest www.cig.ca...or www.majaalis.com listen to Moulana Sadiq Hasan's Majaalis since they r usually about this topic... and he described the importance of Marja/taqlid.

aright carrry on the discussion :)

Ma'salaam,

light.

1) Contrary to Akhbariat, Allama Yaqoob Kulayni made a full use of Ilm ul Rijal and gave full chain of narrations of every hadith

(which is misguided innovation according to Akhbaries and they claim that Masoomeen (as) never instructed this, but Usooli Maraja Karam invented it in order to make Normal Shias their slaves in matter of Deen

(bismillah)

(salam)

In fact Shaikh Kulayni is said to be the writer of a book Kitab al-Rijal. But only al-Kafi has survived.

WS

Sallam

Infact Shaikh Saduq also mentioned 2 types of taqlids, One Halal and one Haram. Ill try to get the exact quote.

Edited by salmany

Salam Alaikum

Jang, this isn't exactly a direct and word-for-word translation, the translator has added his own tashreeh and mirch masala into it. So if this hasn't been translated into Urdu yet, it still hasn't.

There's nothing in this introduction against taqleed, but it speaks of taqleed that is universally haram amongst Shias.

Even more damnation of this haram taqleed is within Al-Kafi itself, a chapter devoted to it. If somebody wanted to hide Al-Kulaini's purported anti-taqleed stance, this chapter would be more worthy to be hidden than the introduction.

Allah knows if and why the introduction was not translated, but your accusations that it was a conspiracy against the impermissibility of taqleed is over the top and is based on conjecture, soo-e-ZANN, which is haram.

If the introduction has was not translated yet into Urdu, we still need a proper one.

Wassalaam

PS. Shaikh al-Kulaini (AR) did not ever say that he was a marja, as he lived during the times of the Safirs of Imam-e-Zaman (A) in the ghaybat-e-sughra. He was a muhaddith, whose task was to collect and comment on hadeeths. So he would never have had to write a risalah-e-amaliyyah of any sort. Plus, as mentioned before, he wrote "Kitab-ur-Rijal" which negates any possibility that he was not Usooli as you claim. He was a mujtahid.

Edited by Abbas

(bismillah)

(salam)

If Taqlid is not allowed what will people like us do who are not scholars. Each one of us will have to become a Mujtahid himself to understand hukm e sharia or act on ahteyat which is not easy.

Taqlid is a great blessing. A few of us devote their lives to the Islamic sciences and become scholars while the rest of us choose other professions and follow these scholars.

WS

Salam Alaikum

you will never believe ...even Agha Khoi has said taqlid is not proven from the Quran and hadees...

at least belive in him ?

was he not a marjah for you ?

Its your claims about Shaikh Kulaini that have been refuted here, and you are telling me that I will never believe? What proof have you brought here? Give me proof about Al-Kafi and al-Kulaini, then maybe we can get somewhere, but so far all your claims are a product of zann and imagination.

About Agha Sayyid al-Khoi, the issue is not of whether taqleed is allowed or not, but whether taqleed is wajib. Sayyid al-Khoi, did not say there is no proof from Quran and Hadeeth about it being allowed, but that there is none in presenting a case for the wujoob of taqleed. Also note the difference between subjective proof and objective proof, and between evidence and proof.

And you're here telling us that it is Haram, for which you will find NO backing from any of the righteous ulama.

Insha'Allah I'll post something about what Ayatullah Khoi said soon in the appropriate thread.

HERE, in THIS thread, the issue is what Thiqat-ul-Islam Al-Sheikh Al-Kulaini (AR) said and what his views were. So if you have anything to respond to that and what others and myself have said, then bara-e-mehrbani qurbatan ilallah do so, otherwise don't try changing the subject.

Salam,

Shia like you mis guide the nation & especially youth. People like u dont know Islam themselves and they draw conclusions..( I am talkin to Mr. Jang..)

When Imam-e-Zamana went into Gaibat-e-Kubra he left 4 Representatives to guide the Nation of Islam... That was the time when Taqlid started..

Peple like you are poisonous to the society and especially youth.. Who are u and me to draw conclusions...

Understand Islam,

Be literate...

Ok

Wa Salam

Poet Ali...(Aint afraid to tell u if u are wrong)

Dusman-e-Wali-e-Faqi Pur Lanattt

Beyshumaarrrr..

Edited by Vengeance110