Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali

Mixing colours

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum..

Does anyone know WHY the digram below is true?

Why is it when light is mixed together, you get white, while when mixing the same colours in paint you get black?

I slept through it in class..

Wa salam

post-20-1040192319.jpg

Cuuuuz...

When we mix colors of light, the more light we add, the brighter the combined color gets and when we mix just three colors of light, Red, Green and Blue, we can make any color we want. These are the primary colors used to make the millions of different colors.

The other way is when we mix paint, inks, or dyes. The inks absorb different colors of light, subtracting it from what you see. The more ink you add, the more light is absorbed, and the darker the combined color gets. Just the opposite of mixing color with lights!

So cool right?? B)

Salam,

Even I knew that Areej was a girl's name. Wow, someone just admitted there is a FEMALE GENUIS here......

Technically he thought she was a boy so there was no admitting of female geniuses, plus you spelled genius wrong! LOL

ok peace :)

Take a look at the primary colors for the light and paint (they are different). Here's an explanation:

When you mix paints it's a subtractive color mixing system.

When mixing beams of light it's a additive.

In subtractive color mixing, the color of the objective is determined by the hue common to each color in the mix. In additive mixing, the color of the objective is determined by the brain's interpretation of the individual hues transmitted by the eye.

Primary PAINT colors:

Red, Blue and Yellow.

Secondary PAINT colors:

Red + Blue = Violet,

Blue + Yellow = Green, and

Yellow + Red = Orange.

Primary light colors:

The three light primaries are Red, Blue and Green. When the three light primaries are mixed they produce White light.

Secondary light colors:

Red + Blue = Magenta,

Blue + Green = Cyan, and

Green + Red = Yellow.

Hope this helps.

Wa Salaam,

"The ARTIST" Dhulfiqar

Salam All....

Im kinda new here, and it seems like everybody knows everybody in this forum, just one question, Why are there scuffles between the XX's and XY's???

YA, I am iraqi, and its an arabic name, dunno what it means though :(

Salam All....

Im kinda new here, and it seems like everybody knows everybody in this forum, just one question, Why are there scuffles between the XX's and XY's???

YA, I am iraqi, and its an arabic name, dunno what it means though :(

It's and old running joke :) Jlainqatar started it. It's her fault ;)

I knew Areej was a girl's name :)

Areej means a sweet smell.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Thanx Brother Dhulfiqar for the explanation....

Are you really studying art??

I'm self proclaimed artist :)

I used to do graphic designing but I recently started painting (oil and water colors). But due to how costly painting is (one painting alone can cost me over 100 dollars easy) -- I've only been able to do one oil painting (which btw, no one believes I did :) ) Water color is less expensive and take much less time. Oil paint is MESSY and hard to clean the brushes, etc.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Wow, thats cool, im thinking of going in to art, I also had a few oil paintings myself, only i was told to do them by the school, i didnt have to pay, i wasnt allowed to take them after i finished :cry: ....but i got great compliments, thats all i care about :)

Selam sis Areej,

QUOTE (Areej @ Dec 18 2002, 08:25 PM)

Salam All....

It's and old running joke  Jlainqatar started it. It's her fault

I didn't start it, I finished it, remember????

Peace,

Um Ali

Wow, thats cool, im thinking of going in to art, I also had a few oil paintings myself, only i was told to do them by the school, i didnt have to pay, i wasnt allowed to take them after i finished :cry: ....but i got great compliments, thats all i care about :)

Good for you :)

I did caligraphy for some time but I stopped since I didn't know much about the different kinds of brush strokes, whats allowed, whats not and I didn't have anyone to ask -- so I thought instead of unintentially insulting the work of Allah -- it's best I give it up.

Yea, painting material is expensive. A canvas can cost between $20 - 200, paints can cost about a $100 and nice set of brushes and knives can be $50. Plus you'll need a eisel, stand, paint thinner, etc.

For my oil paintings I attempted to master the wet canvas style. Where you coat the canvas with a primer and then start painting.

I didn't start it, I finished it, remember????

After.... :)

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Wow, bro Dhulfiqar, that is real impressive, do u have a pic for ur oil paintings that u can show us? And do u draw faces ? :)

Caligraphy is prety hard, but whats it got to do with insulting the work of Allah??

Wow, bro Dhulfiqar, that is real impressive, do u have a pic for ur oil paintings that u can show us? And do u draw faces ? :)

Caligraphy is prety hard, but whats it got to do with insulting the work of Allah??

I was thinking about taking a picture, maybe the next time I go I'll take a snap.

As far as the insulting... Since I do not know the rules of Caligraphy, I am sure there are rules, I do not want to break the rules and unknowningly do something that is considered bad.

I remember one day when I was younger ... I was playing with incense and burned Ya Ali in Arabic into a piece of cloth and just left it there. There being my mom's prayer room. Well to make a long story short, my mom thought some sorta miracle happened but I was like, "Miracle.... errr not." Then she got mad at me :) ... I didn't do it on purpose!

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar