Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gibrael

question for my sunni brothers

Rate this topic

(salam) Is this book an accurate one according to your sunna? History of al-Tabari, and is this a reliable source? (salam)

Edited by Gibrael

Its a history book, a collection of stories Muhib al-Tabari heard from others.

Some stories are authentic, when the person narrating them provides the chain, and the chain is strong.

Other stories are fake, but he includes them because they are related to the subject and sometimes could prove to be authentic.

Edited by tahasyed

Some stories are authentic, when the person narrating them provides the chain, and the chain is strong.

Other stories are fake, but he includes them because they are related to the subject and sometimes could prove to be authentic.

Sallamu Alaikum

Abu Ja'far Tabari

Muhib Al Tabari was another scholar.

Imam Tabaris history is an Annal, meaning he put in his book what he could without authenticating it.

Sallamu Alaikum

Abu Ja'far Tabari

Muhib Al Tabari was another scholar.

Imam Tabaris history is an Annal, meaning he put in his book what he could without authenticating it.

oops... my bad.

yeah, you're right.

How convenient. Those books which don't support sunni point of view are not "AUTHENTIC".. :rolleyes:

Its a history book.

If the guy doesn't have a chain of the narration for an event, then only a fool would completely trust the story.

Its a history book.

If the guy doesn't have a chain of the narration for an event, then only a fool would completely trust the story.

Sihah Sittah were written how many years after the Visaal of Prophet(sal)? Chain of narration can be forged...

And so, Sihah Sittah themselves are history books.. full of subjective commentary.. blah blah blah.. full of favouritism for material gains.. :huh:

And yeah, we don't consider our books to be 'Sahih'.. i.e. MANY mistakes can be there..

Its a history book.

Sihah Sittah were written how many years after the Visaal of Prophet(sal)? Chain of narration can be forged...

And so, Sihah Sittah themselves are history books.. full of subjective commentary.. blah blah blah.. full of favouritism for material gains.. :huh:

And yeah, we don't consider our books to be 'Sahih'.. i.e. MANY mistakes can be there..

*sigh*

the same can be said for ANY book. Including shia books... -_-

Its a moot point, so let's drop it.

The point is that there are some stories that are *obviously* inauthentic, and others that are dubious. You and I should know better than to waste our time dissecting these narrations based on our own whims.

wassalam ala man yattabi al-huda.

PS: The Sihah Sitta were written waay before most (if not all) shia hadith books.

Again, moot point.... so lets drop it.

@Gibrael, I hope you got your answer.

Edited by tahasyed

the same can be said for ANY book. Including shia books...

That's what i said :-

The point is that there are some stories that are *obviously* inauthentic, and others that are dubious. You and I should know better than to waste our time dissecting these narrations based on our own whims.

Like Abu bakr being the pillar of the city of Knowledge one? And also the Umar being next prophet one? And also that Allah has got leg one? If you are intelligent enough, you should realize by now that Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and others are full of hadiths related to one thing only :- Sex :D

PS: The Sihah Sitta were written waay before most (if not all) shia hadith books.

We all know that Our Imams existed then.. ;) (the source themselves)

Salaams,

I think al-Muhib al-Tabari was a hadith collector according to Sunni scholars. I know of a book called 'Dhakha'ir al-Uqba' by al-Muhib al-Tabari.

Perhaps br. Salmany can verify.

Ws.

Sallamu Alaikum

Correct, another book of his is Riyadh Al Nadirah which contains an exhaustive documentation of the hadiths on the merits of our Liege Lord Ali.

Edited by salmany

Salaam

Like Abu bakr being the pillar of the city of Knowledge one? And also the Umar being next prophet one? And also that Allah has got leg one? If you are intelligent enough, you should realize by now that Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and others are full of hadiths related to one thing only :- Sex

Subhanallah !!! How did the brother come to such an unbelievable conclusion !!!

Sallamu Alaikum

To the Brother inquiring about Sahih Muslim and others. Note that the hadith that you stated about Abu bakr being the Pillar and so forth is not found in any of the 6 Sahihs.

Further, regarding Allahs leg they are metaphors. One cannot blame them for being present in hadith when they are present in the Quran.

(bismillah)

Further, regarding Allahs leg they are metaphors.

I would like to discuss this hadeeth my dear brother, how is "Allah's leg" a metaphor? And a Metaphor to what exactly?

Please don't give me a "paste" Job; I would like to read your own words and explanation.

Now the interesting thing is, Allah doesn't only have a “hand" or a "leg" according to your Sihah, but also an attribution to this "hand" and "leg" - quite interesting I must say.

(salam)

Edited by NoorFatima