Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mr. Matthew

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

It is not the proper way in order to reach out to other for Christ that you tell them they are going to hell, please refrain from that.

I hope your people are not those that stand at the corners of movie theatres, and at the corners of downtown, and yell that people are going to hell.

We need to share the love of Christ firstly, we know the ultimate end, the love of Christ is enough to convert people, scaring them into the kingdom is not a valid tactic and shouldn't be used. You are not to appeal to the imagination of people by scaring them and telling them what awaits them in eternity. Show them the love of Christ in kindness and love, thats all thats needed and I will tell you that most people here will agree.

Be agressive, be passionate not about telling people about hell but about Christ.

By reading some of your posts I thought I should give you a little food for thought/

A spiritual spanking. :)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member

Kadhim,

Not only are you ridiculous when your trying to be serious regarding scripture, youre even ridiculous when joking, now save myself and yourself the time, don't post on this thread- especially since it isn't concerning yourself, not only that why not post on the thread and come up w/valid responses to the thread I made pertaining to yourself or have daystar and WOC just had you on lock..

It is not the proper way in order to reach out to other for Christ that you tell them they are going to hell, please refrain from that.

I disagree. First, we need to be honest, not wishy-washy about the consequences of being unSaved. Second, I am following the example of my Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, that He showed His followers in Matthew 23:17, Luke 11:14, and Luke 24:25.

I hope your people are not those that stand at the corners of movie theatres, and at the corners of downtown, and yell that people are going to hell.

No, we do not have any heathens in the Tri-County Area, so there is no need for that.

We need to share the love of Christ firstly, we know the ultimate end, the love of Christ is enough to convert people, scaring them into the kingdom is not a valid tactic and shouldn't be used. You are not to appeal to the imagination of people by scaring them and telling them what awaits them in eternity. Show them the love of Christ in kindness and love, thats all thats needed and I will tell you that most people here will agree.

Knowing about Hell is precisely what makes one understand the Love of our Lord, and the sacrifice He made for us. So I respectfully disagree with your position.

Be agressive, be passionate not about telling people about hell but about Christ.

Yes, we indeed need to be aggressive. We need to be warriors in the army of God, armed with the mighty sword of His Word to always be able to rebuke the heathen! We cannot just tell people, "look Jesus loves you, so believe in Him." The evil of man is too strong to simply accept such love. The alternative of eternity in Hell is what gives Jesus' sacrifice a meaning. We must be aggressive in affirming our beliefs, in testifying to the heathen and warning them of the Judgment to come, and in working to establish strong Biblical communities where we live.

By reading some of your posts I thought I should give you a little food for thought/

A spiritual spanking. :)

The Biblical term is rebuke, and I am sorry to tell you that this was a limp-wristed attempt. I suggest you read the book of Luke for examples of our Lord's treatment of stubborn heathens.

• Advanced Member
I disagree. First, we need to be honest, not wishy-washy about the consequences of being unSaved. Second, I am following the example of my Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, that He showed His followers in Matthew 23:17, Luke 11:14, and Luke 24:25.

Though most Muslims here know what exactly it means to actually NOT be a Christian most of the world also knows, but most of the world (including Muslims) believes that we are exclusive, being exclusive naturally through the word since God set us apart, we need to first show the openess of Christ in accepting them and forgiving there sins, in John 3:16 Jesus spoke of God loving the world FIRST then sending his son, we likewise should love the world first, if they don't listen show or tell them of the consequences.

No, we do not have any heathens in the Tri-County Area, so there is no need for that.

I seriously seriously doubt that, secondly I hope you don't refer to the movie goers as 'heathens' ...

Knowing about Hell is precisely what makes one understand the Love of our Lord, and the sacrifice He made for us. So I respectfully disagree with your position.

A new convert and a 'baby' in the lord doesn't understand the love of God because of hell, they understand the sacrifice of God as the love shown, hell is a reflection of Gods love since we don't will God in our lives he will send us away where we won't have him. But since Jesus died and since a man dying for his friends is the GREATEST act of love as our God tells us, we should first show people what the man accomplished in dying for his friends.

Yes, we indeed need to be aggressive. We need to be warriors in the army of God, armed with the mighty sword of His Word to always be able to rebuke the heathen! We cannot just tell people, "look Jesus loves you, so believe in Him." The evil of man is too strong to simply accept such love. The alternative of eternity in Hell is what gives Jesus' sacrifice a meaning. We must be aggressive in affirming our beliefs, in testifying to the heathen and warning them of the Judgment to come, and in working to establish strong Biblical communities where we live.

Tell me this can you tell people "Jesus loves you, believe in him" then through apologetic engagement prove Christ true, first you don't turn off the potential convert, since you told him of Christs love, and secondly you let him know the proof behind the faith.

Now tell him: "You're going to hell, love Jesus believe in him" firstly you make judgement on the person, secondly I would be offended if someone who didn't know who I was told me I was going to hell, thirdly you turn the person off and don't even allow any more discussion since a normal minded person would dismiss you as a radical sensationalist.

The Biblical term is rebuke, and I am sorry to tell you that this was a limp-wristed attempt. I suggest you read the book of Luke for examples of our Lord's treatment of stubborn heathens.

There is no need to reflect on what I wrote, but reflect on each others fruits for I am seen as valid, and contender of my faith, most of the time being patient and a valid thinker.

Your fruits are nothing but hatred and your comments are seen as hogwash.

Put truthfully Muslims on this board would much rather speak to me about there faith, and Islam since Ididn't approach them and tell them they were going to hell...

• Advanced Member

shhhhhh.......

Why are you judging them, Trinity3n1? I thought the Bible made it clear that you can not Judge another? Besides, how do you know that what they are saying is not the correct method of preaching....What if what they are teaching is the TRUE CHRISTIAN SPIRIT?

Why should I trust your word over theirs?

---River

• Advanced Member
For idiot's education

(salam) The only idiot on this board is you. You make no sense what so ever logically, and yet you try to prove your point to muslims from books they dont acknowledge. Prove your points from logic. I think you are big headed because you have won over some ignorant people.

A testimony to my ministerial work:

Reverend Matthew, I can't thank you enough for explaining how much Jesus loves me! My life was unbearable before we met on that wet and windy evening, but now I've turned my back on the prostitution and crack smoking and have submitted myself totally to Jesus and His cause! Bless you Reverend, your reward will come in Heaven!

You go around slandering people, and running your mouth in a rude way. You think Jesus was rude? Do as trinity says and conduct your arguements in a positive tone, youll get further. As for your arguements, dont think you can get very far with those. (salam)

• Advanced Member
Christians MUST Judge by Pastor Hutchinson

This Pastor Hutchinson is truly amazing. I was reading the other day in some website ...that he had the ability to levitate objects and stuff....sounds like some kinda mystic ..... he's actually quite coolz....

"The effects produced include levitation of heavy objects,

fusion of dissimilar materials such as metal and wood (exactly

as portrayed in the movie, "The Philadelphia Experiment"), the

anomalous heating of metals without burning adjacent material,

spontaneous fracturing of metals (which separate by sliding in

a sideways fashion), and both temporary and permanent changes

in the crystalline structure and physical properties of metals"

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/off...2FHEffect1.html B)

• Advanced Member

The truth is that both trinity and R. Matthew are behaving in an unchristian manner.

The proper way to correct a fellow believer is by first approaching them in private, and if they don't listen the first time, you should attempt to approach them again, and yet a third time, and if they truly don't seem to understand, then you may choose to leave them alone.

The way it is mentioned in the Bible is that, you approach them once, alone; then you approach the second time with a witness; and then you approach with a third; and then you take them to the Church elders, and if they do not change, then they may actually be put out of the congregation.

• Advanced Member

It is a shame Reverend Matthew is banned. I lurked in this forum for several days now, and I have to say I agree with most of what he was saying. He might have been a bit stern in the way he communicated his message, but he was always Biblical, and true to the Christian doctrine.

Guest Eilis
It is a shame Reverend Matthew is banned. I lurked in this forum for several days now, and I have to say I agree with most of what he was saying. He might have been a bit stern in the way he communicated his message, but he was always Biblical, and true to the Christian doctrine.

(salam)

biblical how? by promoting those racist chick tracts? by calling people idiots? by disrespecting sisters? i'm sorry, but you aren't going to win many souls by damning them to hell before you even hear them speak.

• Advanced Member
It is a shame Reverend Matthew is banned.  I lurked in this forum for several days now, and I have to say I agree with most of what he was saying.  He might have been a bit stern in the way he communicated his message, but he was always Biblical, and true to the Christian doctrine.

(salam)

biblical how? by promoting those racist chick tracts? by calling people idiots? by disrespecting sisters? i'm sorry, but you aren't going to win many souls by damning them to hell before you even hear them speak.

Eilis, I disagree. First of all, he was not damning anyone to hell. It is not within his power. Whether you are damned to Hell, or not, only depends on you. He was just telling you what naturally comes out of believing the message within the Bible.

As for calling people idiots, I believe most of the time they egged him on, and basically asked for it.

Now regarding Chick tracts, what is racist about them? I believe every man is a descendant of Adam, and thus we are all equal. I do not endorse racism, and I would've stopped using Chick tracts if I seen any racism in them, but I never have.

Can you point to specific examples to support your allegations?

Guest Eilis

salaam pastor hank

i am sorry if you disagree, but even in debate i don't believe that we should resort to name-calling or mockery of another person's faith. not only that, but it is in violation of the rules of this board to act like that.

the topic of jack chick's racism has been discussed already... you can find that thread here.

EXAMPLES OF REV.MATTHEW'S SARCASM, NAME CALLING, SEXISM AND DISRESPECT

I will pray that you see the Truth and stop worshipping your moon god

Now the utmost part of your idiocy:

that goes from you being an unrepennant Muslim

And now this wonderous piece of idocy, that truly shows the intelligence of the heathen

However, I don't think these heathens can be swayed by the scripture... I will pray for enlightment on how to deal with these heathens, but meanwhile I am forced to assume that they are just another group of John 3:18 unElect.

I am not going to comment on the fact that this comes from a woman, since all the implications of that have been covered elsewhere.

It is Reverend Matthew or Mr. Matthew, ignoramus.

May I suggest "Hooked-On-Phonics?" I heard it helps with illiteracy.

At least you can understand occasional sarcasm... you might not be as dumb as I thought, so we may have a chance to turn into a True Christian.

It is His seed, not my seed, idiot.

Are you illiterate? If you are try to read it s-l-o-w-l-y, several times over.

LOL! Ignorant Muslims can't comprehend the concept of Trinity, so they tell us that 1+1+1=1, and they tell us that Paul founded Christianity.

He, and correctly so, shows Muslims praying to the ancient moon god.

Since I am obviously talking to a junior here, I'll try to keep it simple by avoiding "big words" and long sentences:

• Advanced Member
i am sorry if you disagree, but even in debate i don't believe that we should resort to name-calling or mockery of another person's faith. not only that, but it is in violation of the rules of this board to act like that.

rarely is that rule enforced...

• Advanced Member

I don't see how saying you worship the "moon god" is being rascist.

I don't agree with saying something like that, but it sounds a lot like when Muslims tell the Christians that they're pagan.

Common' guys :cry: ! Wheres the love?

Guest Eilis

the moon god thing is just disrespectful... especially to muslims because associating partners with God is the WORST sin you can commit as a muslim. so suggesting that we worship a moon god is just insulting.

i never called anyone a pagan!!!

• Advanced Member
salaam pastor hank

the topic of jack chick's racism has been discussed already... you can find that thread here.

EXAMPLES OF REV.MATTHEW'S SARCASM, NAME CALLING, SEXISM AND DISRESPECT

I will pray that you see the Truth and stop worshipping your moon god

Now the utmost part of your idiocy:

that goes from you being an unrepennant Muslim

And now this wonderous piece of idocy, that truly shows the intelligence of the heathen

However, I don't think these heathens can be swayed by the scripture... I will pray for enlightment on how to deal with these heathens, but meanwhile I am forced to assume that they are just another group of John 3:18 unElect.

I am not going to comment on the fact that this comes from a woman, since all the implications of that have been covered elsewhere.

It is Reverend Matthew or Mr. Matthew, ignoramus.

May I suggest "Hooked-On-Phonics?" I heard it helps with illiteracy.

At least you can understand occasional sarcasm... you might not be as dumb as I thought, so we may have a chance to turn into a True Christian.

It is His seed, not my seed, idiot.

Are you illiterate? If you are try to read it s-l-o-w-l-y, several times over.

LOL! Ignorant Muslims can't comprehend the concept of Trinity, so they tell us that 1+1+1=1, and they tell us that Paul founded Christianity.

Since I am obviously talking to a junior here, I'll try to keep it simple by avoiding "big words" and long sentences:

Eilis,

I have to disagree. Sarcasm is not a bad thing most of the time. Regarding other example of Reverend Matthew's rudeness, I believe he was simply responding in kind to what others wrote to him.

Is that not a clear prejudice attack on the muslim community, viz. spreading discrimination through lack of understanding? What if I told the world christians worship a burning bush and commit to stories about talking snakes, or commit paganistic rituals (such as hte Eucharist) whilst condemning Wiccanism, Satanism and other such paganistic sects?

• Advanced Member
And that excuses the hypocrisy conveyed by most christians how?

So according to you, if Muslims call us pagans and all sort of names it's good but if we say they are worshiping the moon God we are being mean ?

whos the hypocrite again ?

I think he was making a clever reference to the Christian value of "turning the other cheek" and trying to rise about the level of your opponent.

I think he was making a clever reference to the Christian value of "turning the other cheek" and trying to rise about the level of your opponent.

It's called hypocricy you see if you accuse someone of doing something to one group, while the other group is doing much worse (hypocricy).

Also if it is truth its not wrong like Uthman destroying the original Quran, that is historical facts and many things in Islam have been practiced in pagan religions also the Moon God is also historical facts that traces the worship of the Moon God to current worship in Islam.

Edited by WarriorofJesus
  • Advanced Member

No, he was not talking about that. He tried to make a point about how Christians have some pagan beliefs, and how one would feel if we were called "pagans".

In his own words he says; "What if I told..."

Anyway, what is wrong with making an argument about how Al-ilah was the god of the heathen Arabs? If one believes that there is an argument to be made, what is wrong with arguing about it? After all, we are here to discuss arguments, to learn, and to debate; to either prove our point, or be proven wrong, isn't it?

Otherwise, it would be pointless to have discussions about how we agree so much with eachother.

That has nothing to do with turning the other cheek.

• Advanced Member

No, he was not talking about that. He tried to make a point about how Christians have some pagan beliefs, and how one would feel if we were called "pagans".

In his own words he says; "What if I told..."

Anyway, what is wrong with making an argument about how Al-ilah was the god of the heathen Arabs? If one believes that there is an argument to be made, what is wrong with arguing about it? After all, we are here to discuss arguments, to learn, and to debate; to either prove our point, or be proven wrong, isn't it?

Otherwise, it would be pointless to have discussions about how we agree so much with eachother.

That has nothing to do with turning the other cheek.

You mean Allat was the moon god. Two different names and totally different grammatically. Allat is one word and Al-Ilah is two words. Al-Ilah is closer grammatically to Elah or Eloh (which is shortened in the New Testament to say Eli) because it means "The Deity". Allat is a specific pagan deity that has no relation to Allah. Allah is Al-Ilah or "The Deity" and Allat was the moon god of the pagan Arabs. You may read any history written by non-Muslims such as Montgomery Watt, an Episcopalian but along with his wife, Sachiko Murato, they are very knowledgeable about Islam. Again, two different names: Allat and Allah are not the same.

Edited by Bro.Djibril
  • Advanced Member

Hey, I am just using the information given to me by a messenger of Naziri, who asked me to read it. In it, he wrote "Al-ila"... so I used it like that.

The `Arabic term "Allah" is a combination of two words, "Al" (ال) and "ilah" (إله). "Al" is the definite article in Arabic. Semitic linguists believe that the original root definite article of all Semitic languages was "Hal." With Hebrew it evolved as "Ha" and Arabic as "Al." Though it is not written as a letter in the Hebrew language the first consonant of the word following "the" (ה) in Hebrew is doubled just as is done by the "Lam" (ل) in the `Arabic "Al" (ال) when it precedes certain letters.

The second word is "ilah." This means "divinity" or "god." But "ilah" is not definite. It can be made feminine (إلاهة), it can be made plural (آلهة) and thus does not always convey the absoluteness of THE ONE God. So accordingly, when speaking of THE One God of Monotheism, the Qur'an says "Al-ilah" (الإله) which is conjugated into "Allah" (الله).

Edited by Karaite