Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Desi etc. Recipes

Guest abaleada

• Advanced Member

That would happen only if someone apart from you does wear Hijab.

lol like in my case..... ^_^ except the hijabz were different colours and materials :angry: poor mr mcD :wub: lol

know exactly what you mean. i was asked to stand in the hall by myself during class when the teacher was actually referring to someone else......she came and got me after a while though but still it woz soo embarrasing....

awwwww...i woz sitting in my bio class reading my textbook....and the teacher looked up at me and says nida stop talking...wen it woz sana who woz talking in the front row :!!!: i woz like :o and :cry: same time lol

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ermm.. Green chillies, fresh cilantro leaves, few cloves of garlic (mash it), ginger paste, salt. hmm I guess I didnt miss any ingredient. LOL, ok, just grind all of this with white plain yoghurt, of

Hey bro Peer are you talking about 'chatni' here? Cause it seems like it. My family doesn't eat rice without chatni. My dad is so addicted to it, that sometime he drink glasses full of chatni.... If t

(salam) This is a good site for all the females and http://food.sify.com/ He is practicing to be a housewife Reminds me of Jack Tripper on Three's Company.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
But studying at home would be so uncool......I mean,alone,its so much more fun in a classroom........even if u sleep and talk mostof the time instead of studying and paying attention  :!!!: 

Exactly..Even if you have assesments and assignmnts and projects and presentations :squeez: (I can go on & on..) still studyin w/o friends is nothing..its Boooooringgg...Sometimes I feel college/school is liek a meet up place for friends.. :!!!:

• Advanced Member

w/o friends is nothing..its Boooooringgg...Sometimes I feel college/school is liek a meet up place for friends..

tell me about it...thts why i've been going to skool these days :!!!: i havent even seen mr mcD's new tie yet tho lol...

• Advanced Member

How about if while goin to lucknow u come to pakistan as well..you have relatives here as well..just a suggestion..

Chemistry..

we might b goin pakiland next yr tho :donno: nawww i cant bear the thought of staying away with my cousins any longer...they've all left from here...besides i've 2 take badlaaaaa :shaytan: ....

where r u @ dost...come 2 lucknow!!!! :D

chemistry is fun!!! not! :squeez:

• Advanced Member
To tell the truth..I want to visit India..donno why..maybe someday

:cry: i know how you feel. i want to go to all the cities there. lucknow, bombay, delhi, hydrabad, etc. its such an exotic country. i want some home coooked biryani straight from india :wub: :cry:

inshallah one day i will, when i get over my fear of mosquitos :Hijabi: :unsure:

• Advanced Member
Does any one have the recipe for the rice that has cumin seeds and peas?

lolz i got this off internet, hope its what u r looking for...

Peas Pulao (Rice With Peas)

Ingredients

1 c long grain Indian Basmati Rice

2 c warm water + extra water for washing and soaking rice

salt to taste

1/2 tsp black pepper powder

1 tsp cumin seeds

1 bay leaf

2 - 2 inch cinnamon sticks

1 black cardamom

1 onion, finely sliced long

1 tbsp raisins

1/2 c frozen peas, washed and drained

2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter

Method

Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for half an hour. Drain thoroughly.

In a pan, heat ghee or clarified butter. Fry half the onion, until golden brown. Remove and set aside for garnish.

Add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.

When cumin seeds sizzle, add the rice. Add salt and pepper. Stir till ghee coats every grain of rice and rice looks glossy.

Add warm water. Bring to a boil. Add the peas and the raisins. Stir once.

Reduce heat to minimum and cover the pan with a lid. Leave a little gap, otherwise water will boil over.

Rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and water has been completely absorbed.

Fork the rice out onto a serving serving dish. This will separate each grain out. Garnish with fried onion. Serve hot with any curry.

Peas Pilau

Khuda Hafiz :angel:

Edited by soul_in_training
  • Advanced Member

salaam alaikum

Abbie you could probably use mushrooms instead of meat in calzones.

wa salaam

just like a pizza it can be adapted to any taste. This is just a recipe I found on the net. I use my bread machine to make the dough and then just add whatever I like.An easy thing is getting a dollar jar of walmarts spagetthi sauce and using that.

1 package yeast

1 tablespoon sugar

2 tablespoons oil

1 teaspoon salt

2 3/4 cups flour

1 can mushroom, drained

1/4 green peppers

2 slices onions

1 jar Ragu pizza sauce (any flavor you like)

1 teaspoon italian seasoning

1 teaspoon oregano

1 teaspoon basil

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

1. Dough: Dissolve yeast in 1 Cup of warm water.

2. Mix sugar, oil, salt, and flour and then add to yeast and water.

3. Mix together until smooth.

4. Knead and cover for 30 min.

5. In a separate bowl, mix mushrooms, green pepper, onion, Ragu, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt,

6. Roll out dough in an approximate 10" circle.

7. Place 1-2 cups of sauce mix in center of dough.

8. Add cheese to sauce in the calzones.

9. Fold over and crimp shut.

10. Place on greased cookie sheet.

11. After 15 minutes cooking brush with melted butter.

12. Cook for a total of 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown Cover with remaining sauce and cheese

Edited by lilacfatima
  • Advanced Member
matlab aap kahan pe hain rehti...closer 2 lucknow? or closer to london? lol.. come come comeeeeee to lucknow!!!!

Pakistan mein..:P Closer to lucknow..

i know how you feel.

I think you got it wrong..it aint my homeland..:P I just wanna see it as a country..It is somewhat similar to my country maybe thats why..

• Advanced Member

Nahi.. I cant..:(

I am stuck here, seems like it..

The more I wish to travel, the least I ahve travelled..

You pray for me that I get to go for Umra and Ziyarats next year..please..thanks

know what its easy for u to drop in pak..:P

• Advanced Member

Nahi.. I cant..

I am stuck here, seems like it..

The more I wish to travel, the least I ahve travelled..

You pray for me that I get to go for Umra and Ziyarats next year..please..thanks

know what its easy for u to drop in pak

aww insha'Allah

naww sis i wish!! as it is i can't more than wait to go to lucknow...we got every1 round there...bhara poora ghar masha'Allah...theyre probz enjoyin already...ab hum jaayeinge toh dhama chaukri machegi na :D :D :D

• Advanced Member

(salam)

In a separate bowl, mix mushrooms, green pepper, onion,Ragu  , Italian seasoning oregano , basil, garlic salt,

Sis,whats Oregano??

The best pizza topping has to be onions and tomato with capsicum.....yum yum.....I am feeling hungry.....

i know how you feel. i want to go to all the cities there. lucknow, bombay, delhi, hydrabad, etc. its such an exotic country. i want some home coooked biryani straight from india 

Lol......Ow!come on honey,India is not an exotic place......well!bombay isnt......its a proper normal city...nothing exotic about it. :P

Mebbe nida's lucknow is exotic..kyun nida?

inshallah one day i will, when i get over my fear of mosquitos

:huh:

Matlab?

salaam alaikum

Yeah that looks right (except the raisins). Thanks!

Yeah!We never put raisins.... .... that would taste :sick:

noo.. have you ever been to an american public school?

:huh:

No I haven't. It is really that bad.....dont u all have proper private schools?

Public schools are bad everywhere.......go to a private one..the fees is higher but still is better than a public school.

Abbie you could probably use mushrooms instead of meat in calzones

Sister Lilac,I may sound dumb..but I really want to know what "calzones" is . :cry:

• Advanced Member

salaam alaikum

sis calzones are for lack of a better comparison ^_^ like a closed folded pizza :D or a really big samosa that taste like pizza. We just had some last night. It's an italian dish.

Main Entry: cal·zo·ne

Pronunciation: kal-'zOn, -'zO-nE, -'zO-nA; käl-'zo-nA

: a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese

And oregano is an herb that is used in alot of italian cooking. If you get italian saesoning it's in there.

• Advanced Member
Mebbe nida's lucknow is exotic..kyun nida?

umm i donno about exotic...but it'll be hot there...and the dushmaniii :shaytan: will make it even more hotter... :!!!: ... Lucknow is good for matamdari :wub: and kebab parathas...and having family and friends ...and lots of other things... :wub: :wub: :wub: the adab the adaab the everything.. :wub: :cry:

• Advanced Member
sis calzones are for lack of a better comparison ^_^ like a closed folded pizza :D or a really big samosa that taste like pizza. We just had some last night. It's an italian dish.

Main Entry: cal·zo·ne

Pronunciation: kal-'zOn, -'zO-nE, -'zO-nA; käl-'zo-nA

: a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese

Sounds yummy.Can you post the recipe please. ^_^

umm i donno about exotic...but it'll be hot there...and the dushmaniii

huh?

Bad girl.kisse dushmani kiya hain aapne?? :o

• Advanced Member
Lol......Ow!come on honey,India is not an exotic place......well!bombay isnt......its a proper normal city...nothing exotic about it.

lol the cities sound really nice though, and then you have all those rainforests, and the ocean, ^_^ and the taj mahal< :!!!:

inshallah one day i will, when i get over my fear of mosquitos

Matlab?

lol meaning doesnt india have these really really huge mosquitos, and flying coacroaches :squeez: ? i just dont want to get west nile or something like that. i probably sound very silly but ive had this phobia ever since we came back from Tanzania :donno:

:)

Guest fathima batool

(salam)

God...people this is a recipe topic right?

Then why are you all talking about India and Pakistan???? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

w/s

• Advanced Member
lol meaning doesnt india have these really really huge mosquitos, and flying coacroaches  ? i just dont want to get west nile or something like that. i probably sound very silly but ive had this phobia ever since we came back from Tanzania 

:!!!: ..lol............no flying stuff..lol............and my india is way different from s4ever's tanzania.

• Advanced Member
..lol............no flying stuff..lol............and my india is way different from s4ever's tanzania.

:D well then, india is next on my vacation list!!!!! im so glad theres no bugs....Dar es Salaam was the worst....you have these huge mosquitos everywhere....*shudder* :squeez:

• Advanced Member
Hey hold on............I can take guarantee only for Mumbai.......I have never been to any other place in India..... 

lolz my sis is asking, is mumbai full of goons like in munna bhai? or is it a pretty safe city? lolz she doesnt want to get mugged or kidnapped if we go there :!!!: lil kids :rolleyes: she wants an answer from someone who has been there, wont listen to me.... <_< what a paranoid kid.... :rolleyes:

• Advanced Member

huh?

Bad girl.kisse dushmani kiya hain aapne??

not the bad dushmani...the gud dushmani...tell ya wen i c u on msn :wub:

or is it a pretty safe city?

its not safe...its got ali n aimz...now tht is scary :Hijabi: plus its so big and :squeez:

• Advanced Member
(salam)

God...people this is a recipe topic right?

Then why are you all talking about India and Pakistan???? :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

w/s

almost on every thread it is the same, this is not the first time. :unsure:

Hey! just go to your bore ho raha houn thread when you lot get into this mood :P