Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Desi etc. Recipes

Guest abaleada

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ermm.. Green chillies, fresh cilantro leaves, few cloves of garlic (mash it), ginger paste, salt. hmm I guess I didnt miss any ingredient. LOL, ok, just grind all of this with white plain yoghurt, of

Hey bro Peer are you talking about 'chatni' here? Cause it seems like it. My family doesn't eat rice without chatni. My dad is so addicted to it, that sometime he drink glasses full of chatni.... If t

(salam) This is a good site for all the females and http://food.sify.com/ He is practicing to be a housewife Reminds me of Jack Tripper on Three's Company.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
Raiyta is normally eaten with biryani..Chatni is green in colour, can be brownish if its of imli..but green chatni is just green chatni, no yogurt in it..with yogurt, we call it raiyta..

Whats the shade of your chatni??

It's green. My mom would always add some yoghurt though. How do YOU guys make chatni? ingredients, 'recipe'??

Desi etc. Recipes, call for recipes from Indo-Pak, Afgh...

Sis Abaleada your title is wrong, Afghan's aren't desis. lol

:o Ah, just noticed that. Ah, ya3ni I can post Afghan recipesl!!

And yeah, Us Afghans are not desis!

• Advanced Member

i think its an Afghan thing to add yoghurt to chutni...coz my friend does it too :donno:

neways...the lucknow version of spiceeddd yoghurt...like u have the green one and the red one yea...

So you roast sookha coriander or you can use coriander powder as well...red chilli...cumin seeds and then blend them...add chopped garlic and salt and yoghurt and blend for a bit...and voila :D its tooooo spicy though :squeez:

• Advanced Member
And Nida, its the same thing..  , but if you say just corriander, someone might get mistaken for the dry powdered one...

lol in my recipe i was referring to the dry powdered one though :D

Edited by Nida_e_Zahra
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

So you roast sookha coriander or you can use coriander powder as well...red chilli...cumin seeds and then blend them...add chopped garlic and salt and yoghurt and blend for a bit...and voila  its tooooo spicy though

Yummyyyy!!But yeah!I agree,its way toooooo spicy.

Eggplant 

Lol!!

Even I used to detest eating eggplant.But now I like it,its tasty,if cooked properly. :D

Yeah, that's how my mum makes it, but she adds yoghurt as well.

Then thats called raita here,not chutney :P

• Advanced Member
Even I used to detest eating eggplant.But now I like it,its tasty,if cooked properly.

Oh yeah, I used to hate it, but now I love it!! I love 'banjan borani' (banjan=eggplant).

Then thats called raita here,not chutney

acha.. :donno:

• Advanced Member

As salamu alaikum,

A pototo special:

Ingredients:

Potatoes, Garlic paste, Red chilly powder, Salt to taste, Corriander cumin powder, Rai( donno the english for it.:P), oil for frying, Curry leaves..

Method:

Put oil in pan..heat it..add curry leaves and fry, add garlic paste fry till smell of garlic vanishes..(this is a must..) now add in potatoes(already boiled and then diced), fry more, add the spices..fry and fry..and done..

Put in lemon juice..you can remove curry leaves after you're done..)

Enjoy..

WaSalam..

• Advanced Member

As salamu alaikum,

A pototo special:

Ingredients:

Potatoes, Garlic paste, Red chilly powder, Salt to taste, Corriander cumin powder, Rai( donno the english for it.:P), oil for frying, Curry leaves..

Method:

Put oil in pan..heat it..add curry leaves and fry, add garlic paste fry till smell of garlic vanishes..(this is a must..) now add in potatoes(already boiled and then diced), fry more, add the spices..fry and fry..and done..

Put in lemon juice..you can remove curry leaves after you're done..)

Enjoy..

WaSalam..

• Advanced Member
Aloo ki sabzii? 

But Aalu itself is a sabzi

aapko toh humari sirf faults nikaalni aati hain <_<

Thats called Aloo ki Tarkari..We say Aloo ki sabzi coz its not a curry..its a veggie dish..

yea that :)

we call tarkaari the kacchi vegetables that u shop :donno: when they pak they become subzee.... :huh:

• Advanced Member

haaiiin :blink: wots a lughat???

Well in Lucknow we used to use that so I :donno:

oh well its referring to the same thing so does it matter :huh: its food @ the end of the day...and im hungry :!!!:

Edited by Nida_e_Zahra
  • Advanced Member

ur allowed to have friends over?? yaaayy... im not :no: lol we had those lecture ppl in skool today and i didnt get the chance to eat...then we went to phuppuz and i didnt eat there coz i woz sleepin :huh: n then now im on the net :!!!:

newayz...ne1 like Karela????? the way my mum makes it...it tastes ok-ish :donno: its not karwa for one...

• Advanced Member

Huh..wats erm wrong with having friends over..they are college pals, plus family friends plus shia and are girls ..its great..:P.. B)

Karelas..nope..I think I have never eaten a karela..just tasted it..

And your skool is on..dont ya get vacations???

Edited by Friend of All
  • Advanced Member
Huh..wats erm wrong with having friends over..they are college pals, plus family friends plus shia and are girls..its great....

lol yea..

mum says that if they come over I'll have to go to their house definitely..and she doesn't want me visiting other people's houses :donno: ... oh well I'm happy either way :huh:

yeah we do...thing is exams over...we've started our A2 course... I'll be going to Lucknow soon tho insha'Allah...next week it is :D awayyyyy until septemberrrrrrr

Edited by Nida_e_Zahra
  • Advanced Member
mum says that if they come over I'll have to go to their house definitely..and she doesn't want me visiting other people's houses

Im sure we are related..........it's the same thing with me. :)

Anyways I dont have any really close friends and most of them are christians and you can't have nangi pangi girls in the house :!!!:

• Advanced Member
newayz...ne1 like Karela????? the way my mum makes it...it tastes ok-ish :donno: its not karwa for one...

:sick: had it once.

I hate all the vegetables, except for Aalo.

• Advanced Member
Im sure we are related..........it's the same thing with me.

Anyways I dont have any really close friends and most of them are christians and you can't have nangi pangi girls in the house

i got shia friends and i still am not allowed to go..even for majalises...in lucknow it was different though :(

u better not hate bhindi :mad: :mad: ...or im gonna ask ur mama to cook it 4 u 24/7 :P

• Advanced Member

u better not hate bhindi :mad: :mad: ...or im gonna ask ur mama to cook it 4 u 24/7 :P

WOrst vegetables:

1) Okra

2) Pumpkin

3) Eggplant

4) Turnips

:sick:

and whats so good about Okra? it's so sticky.. eww.. as sticky as Payee :sick: