In the Name of God بسم الله

Dua's for the dead

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam Brothers/Sisrters

i have gotten the opportunity to visit the graves of my grandparents, i would like it if someone could give my some dua's that would be good to recite when i visit them...preferably shia,

Thank you and may Allah bless you all!!!! AMEEN!!!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Bro/Sis, You may visit duas.org for more duas. The following is regarding visiting the graveyard.

"It is one of the rights of a Muslim over another Muslim that he should visit his grave."

Imam Ja'fer As-Sadiq (A.S.)

Upon seeing the graves , one must greet them (with salaam). The following salaam is recommended:

Wherever possible face qibla, and recite Suratul Fatiha for all the marhumeen.

On the grave you are visiting recite:

1. Suratul Fatiha three times

2. Suratul Qadr three times

3. Ayatul Kursi three times

4. Suratul Falaq three times

5. Suratun Naas three times

6. Suratu Yaseen

7. Any dua asking Allah's forgiveness for the marhum/a

Respect the sanctity of the grave yard. The prophet (S.A.W.) has said:

"If I have to walk over burning desert or fire or to place my foot on the edge of a sharp sword, I would prefer it to trampling on the grave of a Muslim."

He also said to Imam Ali (A.S.):

"Ya Ali! Allah considers a few things undesirable for my followers. One of them is laughing in a graveyard….."

• Advanced Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

Please also refer :

Useful web site on Death :

http://www.rafed.net/books/other-lang/manazel/index.html

Also:

http://www.playandlearn.org/Fiqh/218.htm#After_Death_0103

http://www.playandlearn.org/Fiqh/index.htm

Visiting The Graveyard

Those who are alive should not forget their dead relatives, but should offer alms (Sadaqah), and perform good deeds on their behalf for the Thawaab of their souls (Rooh). Children whose parents disowned them (Aaq) may regain the pleasure of their parents in this way.

The souls of the dead are pleased when their graves are visited.

It is Mustahab for males to visit the graves to recite Fatiha on Mondays and Saturdays and at the time of 'Asr on Thursdays and Fridays.

While entering the graveyard it is Mustahab to recite the following Du'a:

BISMILLAHIR RAHMAANIR RAHIM

ASSALAMU 'ALA AHLI LAA ILAHA ILLALLAHU MIN AHLI LAA ILAHA ILLALLAH.

YAA AHLI LAA ILAHA ILLALLAHU KAYFA WAJADTUM QAWLA LAA ILAHA ILLALLAH MIN LAA ILAHA ILLALLAH?

YAA LAA ILAHA ILLALLAHU, BIHAQQI LAA ILAHA ILLALLAHU, IGHFIR LIMAN QAALA LAA ILAHA ILLALLAH.

WAHSHURNA FI ZUMRATI MAN QAALA LAA ILAHA ILLALLAH, MUHAMMADUR RASOOLULLAH, ALIYYUN WALIYULLAH, WASIYYU RASOOLULLAH.

The meaning of this prayer is given here :

In the Name of Allah, The Most Kind, The Most Merciful.

Greetings on you O those who have faith in "Laa Ilaha Illallah" (i.e. There is no God but Allah) from those who have faith in "Laa Ilaha Illallah".

O you who have faith in "Laa Ilaha Illallah", how did you find the promise of "Laa Ilaha Illallah" from "Laa Ilaha Illallah" (i.e. from Allah)?

O You except Whom there is none worth worshipping, for the sake of "Laa Ilaha Illallah", forgive him who said "Laa Ilaha Illallah".

Include us also amongst those who said "Laa Ilaha Illallah, Muhammadur Rasoolullah, Aliyyun Waliyullah, Wasiyyu Rasoolullah."

• Advanced Member

in 'know ur islam' there is a part in the back which has salutations for the dead

when i enter a graveyard i say 'as salamo alayka ya ahlul qaboor' peace be on u peeps of the graves

and face qibla and recite 1X al fateha 3x sura ahad

wen i go over to the grave i recite the above, after saying salaam to that specific person and i put 5 fingers on the dust of the grave ie grass or clay and recite surah qadr 7 times (meant to be good for easing punishments)

surah sajda, yasin and mulk are very good for the grave...read em there or at home

namaz maghfarat (@ home), duas for maghfarat etc etc etc

dua waladain, i read this @ home and graveyard...this is for ones parents alive or deceased

theres hadiya (gift) namazs for the dead

i recite dua hifzo imaan at the grave aswell and various other shia duas long/short

and i also do a dua for the dead person in the name of ahlulbayt

u can do ziarats etc on behlaf of ur dead etc etc etc goin off topic now

Edited by FitShia

• 6 years later...
  • Basic Members

A'salamalaikum bro !!.....request for a sura al fatiha for my beloved mother who left this transitory world recently...may ALLLAH swt reward her with jannah !!!

Bro regarding the dead one you can also perform a two rakat namaz with a niya MAGFIRATE WALAYDAIN KURBATAN ILLLAL LAH...

1) After sura fatiha in first rakat u shd recite this dua ten times

i.e Allah HUMMA AG FIRLI WALI WALAY DAYAA WA LIL MOMINEENA YAWMA YAKUMUL HISAAB

n in the second rakat after sura fatiha ten times

RABBI AG FIR LI WALI WALAY DAYAA WALI MAN DAKHALA BAYTI MOMI9 WA LIL MOMINEENA WAL MOMINAAT.

after completing the salah recite

RABBI AR"HUM HUMMA KAMA RAB BAYNI SAGHIRA

w'salam !!!

may Allah swt show us the right path with the blessings of his prophet (pbuh) n his holy progeny( pbut) !!!

Kindly look for the arabic translation of this dua...for proper pronunciation !!! u can find it in the book called MAFA TI UL JENAN. !!!