Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member

This is legit. An update that was recently downloaded is a precursor for the next iteration for Windows 10. You'll have to uninstall that update to get rid of that notification completely. But hey, since it's free for a year when its released, that's good already! :D

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

How do I know when it will happen In Denmark ?

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/denmark/copenhagen

@all,you can search for each country and city in that given link.

pls don't forget to pray for the poor and oppressed ppl as well.

Edited by mina313
  • Moderators

Question: if clouds obscure the eclipse and it isn't visible at all, is the salah still obligatory based on the prediction of eclipse?

Clouds and rain in the forecast here, but I'm hoping to get a view anyway. I think I saw the last supermoon eclipse in 1982, but I'm not certain. I have a vague memory of camping on the porch with my sister and the neighbor girl, but maybe it was just a regular eclipse, not a supermoon.

• Veteran Member

Question: if clouds obscure the eclipse and it isn't visible at all, is the salah still obligatory based on the prediction of eclipse?

Clouds and rain in the forecast here, but I'm hoping to get a view anyway. I think I saw the last supermoon eclipse in 1982, but I'm not certain. I have a vague memory of camping on the porch with my sister and the neighbor girl, but maybe it was just a regular eclipse, not a supermoon.

If it is full eclipse, you should perform the prayer unless you have a pardon.

Once you knew about a full eclipse, the prayer is obligatory upon you. Full eclipses have different rulings than partial eclipses.

• Moderators

^ but people in remote villages without media or people in past ages wouldn't have known of the eclipse if it were cloud covered. Plus, the month start is based on actual sighting and is delayed by cloud cover according to most Shia scholars. Why the difference?

• Advanced Member

Here are some answers by Ayat. Sayyed Sistani....http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2257/

1510. If a person is satisfied with the statement of persons who know the time of solar or lunar eclipse according to scientific calculation, he should pray Namaz-e-Ayaat. Also, if they inform him that the sun or moon will be eclipsed at a particular time, and give him the duration of the eclipse, he should accept their words and act accordingly, provided he is fully satisfied with them.

Don't know if it answers your question about the 'why' though...

Edited by mina313
  • Veteran Member

Afaik the prayer is wajib no matter wether partial or total eclipse.

@notme,yes still obligatory no matter if visible or not.

no they are different. in partial eclipse, if you see it with your naked eyes then it becomes obligatory upon you. if you were told about it, do it. but in full eclipse, there is no need to for you to sight it. if you were told about it it suffice to make it obligatory, even qada.

^ but people in remote villages without media or people in past ages wouldn't have known of the eclipse if it were cloud covered. Plus, the month start is based on actual sighting and is delayed by cloud cover according to most Shia scholars. Why the difference?

( مسألة 463 ) : إذا علم بالكسوف أو الخسوف ولم يصلّ عصياناً ، أو نسياناً حتى تمّ الانجلاء وجب عليه القضاء ، بلا فرق بين الكلي والجزئي منهما ــ والأحوط وجوباً ــ الاغتسال قبل قضائها فيما إذا كان كلياً ولم يصلّها عصياناً ، وإذا لم يعلم به حتى تمّ الانجلاء ، فإن كان الكسوف أو الخسوف كلياً بأن احترق القرص كله وجب القضاء وإلاّ فلا ، والأحوط الأولى الإتيان بها في غير الكسوفين ، سواء أعلم بحدوث الموجب حينه ، أم لم يعلم به.

Isn't prayer only wajib if you look out of the window and actually see the eclipse?

that's the partial eclipse.

full eclipse is obligatory to perform prayer for it even if you were told about it after it was gone.

• Veteran Member

Thank you sister Mina.

I would be interested in knowing why, but I'm sure there is never any harm in reciting a prayer!

@ CM: My Arabic is not at a functional level. Can you summarize that quote you posted?

If certain people say that the sun or the moon has been eclipsed, but a person hearing that is not satisfied with what they say, and consequently does not offer Namaz-e-Ayaat, if it transpires later that what they said was true, the person should offer Namaz-e-Ayaat if it was a total eclipse. And if it was a partial eclipse, it is not obligatory upon him to offer Namaz-e-Ayaat.

sorry, i saw mina posting the english site, i thought it was answered already

​the above is from ad sistani site.

• Advanced Member

Salaam! Just wanted to let people know that there is currently a lunar eclipse occurring in the general North East area of the United States. As I understand it is wajib that we recite the special prayer! The lunar eclipse will be from 9:30 pm to 11:30 pm.

The prayer is Salaat al-Kusoof

Edited by ~ThePond~
  • Advanced Member

We are be Cloudy.

This is called the "Horkheimer Effect" the likelihood of visual obstruction is directly proportional to your interest

I actually was interested, but only got a short viewing through a break in the clouds anyway...oh, well. Nice color, though.

• Forum Administrators

Click the play button to see an animation of what the lunar eclipse looked like:

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2015-september-28

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

@apofomysback I'm so sorry you're leaving :( But I totally understand, the behaviour of some of the members here on SC is completely disgusting and unnecessary sometimes. 

Please know that you have a friend in me if you ever want to chat. I'll miss you so much! :cuddle:

• Advanced Member

Oh no! I was just thinking of you this morning driving up to campus and hoping you would write the next great Pakistani novel ( I'm serious about that) and what a delight it would be to read.  I always look forward to talking with you! I know you must do what is best for you,but I do hope you will come back sometimes. You are a jewel. Walk in beauty forever.