Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

'The Frozen Rose' is a short Iranian film (actually an excerpt from a full film which contains several mini-stories, this being one of them) about a young girl and her firm determination to see her father again, despite the fact that he had already been martyred on the frontlines.

Edited by hezbul-ghaaleb
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Or perhaps, people should not answer, without a source.

I guess when it comes to fiqhi related stuff then you should provide some source with it, but otherwise we can't provide sources for every single thing we post on the forum. If I say something then it is up to the poster to research this issue in order to find the answer they're looking for.

• Advanced Member

I've read some "correct me if I'm wrong" hadith in which companions present their belief and ask the Imam whether it is correct or not.

And does the Imam correct them? If so, then the situation's cannot be compared. I am talking about someone saying this, but then no one correcting them, may lead to them, or others, thinking that what they have written is correct.

And often people write this sort of response b/c no one else is answering, something better than nothing.

I would think that, especially in matters of jurisprudence [and perhaps in some other matters] that there is no answer given, rather than an answer which may be wrong, and may be right.

Edited by Shia_Debater
  • Advanced Member

I don't agree. If someone writes 'correct me if I am wrong' then the person who read that has the duty to research on what the person stated and come to a conclusion of whether or not they were right/wrong. Furthermore, sometimes you're in a hurry and don't have time to research the relevant rulings (if its fiqh) or find references.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

This is a very touching story. :cry:

I have two questions: (1) Have you verified that it's not some kind of scam? and (2) where do I go to donate? I don't know how to do that fancy bank transfer stuff.

Salaam,

I haven't contacted anyone to see if it is or not. But I highly doubt it. Why would someone go out of their way and fake something this serious? Also, they are muslims :)

It's ok, you can donate through paypal. here: https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=lWnOhI72XIgNv-

dWSjTZ9xICr5mYjioSb6rh7zut2e3KRYA1M2zwyr1wpFG&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d569c51c61ce57e9125f793ea33988004

the information I posted below was a Trust Fund. I forgot to post that link ^.

If you are interested in verifying, you can contact the Islamic Family and Social Services Association: No. (780) 430-9220 Hours of Operation:

Monday to Friday :9:00AM – 3:00PM Saturday: 9:00AM – 4:00PM

Thankyou, may Allah reward you

If you read the story there is a paypal donation :)

Yes, thankyou

May Allah reward you

• Veteran Member

I am having problems with the pay form.

Even though I select "United States" as my country when I am giving my billing address, under "Province" it still only lets me choose from among Canadian provinces. I tried leaving it empty, it doesn't work. I tried selecting a province, it still didn't work.

Only Canadians are allowed to donate, or what?

• Advanced Member

I am having problems with the pay form.

Even though I select "United States" as my country when I am giving my billing address, under "Province" it still only lets me choose from among Canadian provinces. I tried leaving it empty, it doesn't work. I tried selecting a province, it still didn't work.

Only Canadians are allowed to donate, or what?

Hmm...

I know this may be a dumb question, but do you have a paypal account? If you don't that maybe the issue. But if you do, you can try it this way, instead of going directly to the paypal link. Click here: https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=wdEGi04OT0C2Ue_7fRFRQOZc42NEwg0jFkE31dcl0l-3ldtMYI-ofvf_Rra&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d569c51c61ce57e9125f793ea33988004 . Fill in the amount you wish to donate, and sign in.

Hope that works

• Veteran Member

Hmm...

I know this may be a dumb question, but do you have a paypal account? If you don't that maybe the issue. But if you do, you can try it this way, instead of going directly to the paypal link. Click here: https://www.paypal.c...5f793ea33988004 . Fill in the amount you wish to donate, and sign in.

Hope that works

I used to have a paypal account for many years but I cancelled it because they charged me periodically for reasons I did not know. It was only a couple bucks, but still...

But since then I've had no problem using paypal without an account. You simply have to enter your information each time you make a purchase / donation. I've only had a problem with this specific form.

But it's not a problem. I guess I can create an account and just delete it afterwards.

Thanks for the help :)

• Advanced Member

I used to have a paypal account for many years but I cancelled it because they charged me periodically for reasons I did not know. It was only a couple bucks, but still...

But since then I've had no problem using paypal without an account. You simply have to enter your information each time you make a purchase / donation. I've only had a problem with this specific form.

But it's not a problem. I guess I can create an account and just delete it afterwards.

Thanks for the help :)

They do?

I also just created an account to do this. But now, I tried to close it and it says all transactions will be cancelled. So I cannot close it. :unsure: