Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
amh

chinese Shi'a

Rate this topic

Assalaam alaikum all,

I was wandering if either you are or you know of someone who is a chinese Shi'a. If so could you please join up to this yahoo groups:

chineseshia-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Plan being I'm trying to bring together as many chinese shi'a as possible or shi'a in a chinese country. One reason is because there will be common experiences to be shared, but also because I want to start spreading the true deen of Ahlul-Bayt (as) in to the chinese regions... Insha-Allah.

So, please, please copy and paste this message to anyone you know who's chinese and ask them to join up, Insha-Allah. Or indeed, if you are chinese in origin or living in a chinese country e.g. China, Tai-wan, Malysia, Singapore etc. then please join up too.

wa salaam,

hussain

So, please, please copy and paste this message to anyone you know who's chinese and ask them to join up, Insha-Allah. Or indeed, if you are chinese in origin or living in a chinese country e.g. China, Tai-wan, Malysia, Singapore etc. then please join up too

What if i just like chinese culture?

Salam Alaikum

There are definately many muslims in China:

ieb_tinxian.jpg

ieb_sunmanpuh_madressa.jpg

These are photos from a Shia site, though I dont know whether they are Shia or not

I also read that there are a number of Shia Muslims on the Kashmir/Chinese border, e.g. Siachen

my bro in law was in siachen for a while...there were many shias there

and i think the ghilgiti/quettan shia tend to be chinese in origin

i know of a few reverts in the uk....chinese/oriental in origin

p.s i luuuuuuuuurve the culture and fooood!

Walaikum salaam wr wb dear All,

Alhamdolillah, it's good to see some interest. I came back a couple of times after I had posted and there were no replies so did not come back till now.

I know of 3 chinese muslim (shi'a) converts in UK, myself included and 2 of us are on the chineseshia@yahoogroups.

I have created it with the title of chineseshia not for the purpose of excluding non-chinese, but for the purpose of attracting shi'a of chinese origin (i.e. parents) or living in a chinese country. Reason being if we are to spread Shi'a Islam to these countries then we need people who will be able to communicate with the locals and/or know their culture.

But, this does not mean, people who are interested in their culture or just interested in helping to spread Shi'a Islam futher can not join the group. Ofcourse they can and are more than welcome to do so. There have already been another 2 people I think that have done so.

There are some 8-10 people on shiaMATCH.com who are from mainland china who I would like to bring on board. So if anyone has membership to that, perhaps you could ask for their email address and ask them to join?

Anyway, I was going to create the chinesemuslims@yahoogroups to try and widen the circle of interest to include our brothers/sisters of the Sunni belief - by which the shi'a members could then help to tactfully bring them to shi'a islam. However, this has already been created. So I have joined their circle.

I have also created chinese_muslims@yahoogroups so that I will have full control of this group should I need to in the future.

So, Insha-Allah, please try to drum up support as I don't want to move on till the numbers have increased.

Oh, Akhi umhasan, there is no site, only the group at present. I am very busy engaged in other stuff at the moment. Maybe in the further future... as Allah wills.

wa salaam all,

hussain

(salam),

I too was interested to know more about Chinese Shias. There's much dawa opportunity there, especially since the economy is doing well many will come online. We should start Chinese Shia sites. I'm glad br. Hussain has taken the initiative :)

(salam)

Salam Alaikum

As I read, Shia Muslims in China are in millions. There are huge programs in Muharram. Especially in the cities: Bikeen, Shangi, and Taiwan.

They are suffering because the Communist Government. The Communists are trying to hide the Islamic Ja'fari Belief.

Thank you

Hassan Tabatabai

Assalaam alaikum "fitshia",

please do ask them to join also Akhi. Yep, I love the food too... some could say I'm being bias mind... :)

wa salaam,

hussain

im a SIS <_<

(salam)

Bro amh whats the point of making a group for chinese shias. Isnt Islam the religion that teaches us equality. There is no difference between blacks, arabs, chinese, pakistanis etc... We are all Muslims on this site and we are the followers of Ahlul Bayt (as). We should take their example. Ive never heard of The Prophet pbuh or Imam Ali (as) comparing races. Inshallah you get what I mean. Why dont you make a group for all shia brothers.

Wasalaam

Guest Mehdi_Husain_Lover

(salam)

there are many shias in thailand who are chinese.... in decent.. but ia m not sure if they know english wel.. but ill try if i can hook em up here.

mehdi

(salam)

Bro amh whats the point of making a group for chinese shias. Isnt Islam the religion that teaches us equality. There is no difference between blacks, arabs, chinese, pakistanis etc... We are all Muslims on this site and we are the followers of Ahlul Bayt (as). We should take their example. Ive never heard of The Prophet pbuh or Imam Ali (as) comparing races. Inshallah you get what I mean. Why dont you make a group for all shia brothers.

Wasalaam

Read Surah Hujarat Verse 13.

(salam)

Wasalaam

Read Surah Hujarat Verse 13.

Wa Salaam,

There shouldn't be any bias between races but I understand why the bro. would want to have a site for Chinese Shi'a. Each ethnic group has issues that are particular to them. The things that may work for Iraqi Shi'a may not work for Shi'a in Ghana. Societies and cultures are dynamic and Islam is dynamic. Chinese bros. and sisters may understand better what tools and resources to use to promote dawah among their people just because they came up in the culture and know the idiosyncracies involved with their people.

Imam Sadiq (as) said, once that parents can't expect their children to relate to things as they do and this extends to nations and ethnic groups. When I finally decided to become Muslim, it was because I could relate to the people whom I was talking with. They played ball (basketball) as I did, they understood what I listened to regarding music (not trying to start anything here because I know the subject is controversial and all may not agree) and put it in context of the Islamic credo (for right or for wrong, they brought me and I brought others to the deen with this). They understand my background, my upbringing, etc. Imam Khomeini (ra) said once (I'm paraphasing) that the big picture has to be looked at regarding how Islam is protected and kept alive. A European Shi'a may not be able to relate to Chinese Shi'a in terms of conveying information. We all have these "communication" barriers. I may not be the best person to help an Egyptian Shi'a brother understand something but a fellow Egyptian or a brother who speaks Arabic may be better suited. Don't look at it as seperation but actually unity. If people can learn to get along better among themselves then think how that can carry over to the world at large. If brothers from the same group can't get together and be able to talk among themselves with honesty and without worry, how do we think they will act with the world at large. I say bravo that Chinese Shi'i are trying to do this. Inshallah, this may spread to something larger such as Shi'i within the Asian countries, at large and then further to Shi'a who live in the Asian and SouthWest Asian (Middle East) countries to Asian and African countries and then European countries and then the Western Hemisphere. I believe this is beautiful. As long as the niyyat is good and people are committed to right then they should go for it.

Keep in mind, we don't live in the world of the Prophet (SA) or Imam Ali (as). However, the constant is that people are people. In other words, racism and any other ism exist. If the Chinese Shi'i have to do this in order to create love among themselves and promote understanding among their people then we need pray for them and pray that they are successful in their mission. It all helps in preparing the way for His Eminence, Sahib uz-Zaman (as) to come. may Allah (SWT) bless and guide us all.

Wa Salaam,

Djibril

Edited by Bro.Djibril

(salam)

There is a Chinese shia who is active here in Shiachat. but im not sure if she would want me to reveal her identity. Her husband is the 1st chinese Shia convert in Singapore but now the family has migrated else where. If you are lucky you can find her as i revealed her identity be4.

There is another Chinese lady that convert to Muslim (Shia) with the help of her husband afew years back. So here in s'pore Singapore we do have chinese Shia. :)

Allah Hafiz

Ihsan Albaity Al Singafuri

Asalaamu alaikum,

Chinese shi'ah, I'd like to welcome you, Alhamdulillah. Also, while you're also organizing this wonderful group, please consider marriage as well (if you already haven't), so that you do not feel in any way alone Insh'Allah. Sisters, please send him your descriptions and what you're looking for.

And brother, please also add me to your MSN, I appreciate it. This is my screenname there: Ibrahim110_313@hotmail.com. You can contact me there anytime. Also, where do you live brother? And by the way, you can also reach me by phone, that # is 904-614-1294.

Once again, welcome to our community, and please keep in touch.

Jazak'Allah,

Fee Aman Allah,

Ibrahim

Salams,

I know a few people who are a mix of Lebanese and chinese (father Lebanese, mother Chinese), they live in Australia. The father is a Lebanese shia from the south and the kids look Chinese and they speak arabic with a southern Lebanese (Jnoubi) accent!

Salams,

DigitalMo.

(bismillah) (salam)

SubhanAllah, insh'Allah many many more people of all nations will see the truth in Islam and embrace Allah (swt), Muhammad (pbuh) and the Ahlul-Bayt (pbuh)!

Sisters, please send him your descriptions and what you're looking for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o You tell sisters in one thread that they should be lashed for describing a piece of fabric they wore, then in another, tell them to PM a na-mehram and give him a physical description of themselves? Are you serious? :o

(bismillah)  (salam)

SubhanAllah, insh'Allah many many more people of all nations will see the truth in Islam and embrace Allah (swt), Muhammad (pbuh) and the Ahlul-Bayt (pbuh)!

:o  You tell sisters in one thread that they should be lashed for describing a piece of fabric they wore, then in another, tell them to PM a na-mehram and give him a physical description of themselves? Are you serious?  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You get him sis zaynab! scratch his eyes out! *meow*

Salams,

Ive been working in Shanghai now for the past 6 months and am here on a permanent basis. I have not found a single Shia apart from the Iranian consulate. The mosques are mostly Wahabbis. So its really difficult esp. in Muharram :(. If there is any Chinese Shia here pls. advise. JazakAllah!

Wasalam.

(salam)

Wasalaam

ok...... it is a great idea to make a group for all shia brothers and not have a group for chinese brothers.... as long as all the discussions are in chinese!

i am against racism too, but it is a form of imposing cultural or racial issues to presume that a group for all shia brothers would be in the english language (or urdu, or spanish, or whatever the language of choice of the group would be)

of cousre i haven't any idea what language this group is, and maybe it is an english language group, but i just wanted to make that point.

anyway chinese culture is a very strong culture and there are some very specific issues regarding the government and social issues there and other areas (like taiwan) so i can see the value of a group

it is not true that there is no difference between people based on ethnicity or culture. we have tremendous differences in our cultural values and outlooks based on the environment we grow up in.

however what is true is that we should not look at our way as the best way and judge others as inferior or judge people based on ethnicity or treat people differently based on ethnicity; this is the value that is disapproved of by islam. that is called racism; however, racism is different than acknowleding the reality of human cultural differences

otherwise, pretending that there is no such thing as cultural differences between people just puts the problem underneath the rug and is not addressing it directly.

Salam to all,

I think this is a very interesting thread and I have a few questions for any knowledgeable Muslim Chinese brother/sister.

1.) What types of issues to Chinese Muslims have in integrating traditional Chinese culture with Islamic religious practices?

2.) Does the Chinese government allow Muslims to freely practice their religion and/or proselytize?

3.) What international Islamic organizations are active in China?

4.) Do Islamic organization in China take political positions or avoid doing so?

I would prefer answers from br's/sis's currently living in China (but other's are welcome to reply as well). Thanks.