Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bilqisAzZahra

<edit>

Rate this topic

(salam)

don't give him credit for that, i've heard it somewhere before...

*cough* zain the BITER <_<

Didn't know you listen to rap :Hijabi:

There was a rap many years ago about this short guy. The video was hilarious where he can't play basketball (short), no money, no car, no grils, etc....basically making fun of himself. The rap starts off like this "I wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller"...the rest I added. :D

Good memory.

(salam)
don't give him credit for that, i've heard it somewhere before...

*cough* zain the BITER <_<

Didn't know you listen to rap :Hijabi:

There was a rap many years ago about this short guy. The video was hilarious where he can't play basketball (short), no money, no car, no grils, etc....basically making fun of himself. The rap starts off like this "I wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller"...the rest I added. :D

Good memory.

skeeelo i think

it was a funny tune

I think all of us were beautiful once..if not now. But everything perish in the end. Sometimes aging makes us think about our life more. Yesterday we were 15, yound youtful carefree..beautiful and in no time, we will be 30..40 or 50. And then we die. Are we ready for it?? :( aging serves a purpose in life.

Guest fathima batool

(salam)

in fact theres so much much much more in this world that being pretty..

yeah im ugly sho B)  wut .. lol.. maybe i should have more confidence.. but i dont wunna over confidence like zain.. lol.. nah, i think i will get over it.. for sure and i have to... pray for me alrite? and zany.. i know u'll get over it too.. every teenage wud get over it...  :)

yay sis bilgis....Thats the spirit! :)

keep it up!

ws

Guest ScarFace

Bilgis---->

"To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."

Dont wish becoz as you are you are not going to be changed and wishing is a waist of time....and every second of our life is imp..

Be happy as you are becoz you are made by Allah and there may be some fact that you are ugly or pretty and Allah knows All what we do not know

Guest Eilis

(salam)

Allah doesn't make mistakes sister, and His creation is beautiful. So beautiful in fact, that He created each and every one of us as unique individuals... there is no one in the world, throughout history, that is exactly like you... so love yourself for who you are and for what Allah blessed you with. :)

As for being concerned about your appearance (on a more superficial level)... i just read "the truth about beauty" by kat james... it was really good... all about how if you make time for yourself and take good care of your health, your inner beauty will shine on the outside as well. i really enjoyed it because i am so sick of companies making a profit off of telling women they can "make themselves beautiful" by covering up their God-given beauty with tons of makeup...

check out her before and after pictures... it's funny but the after picture is when she is older with less make-up and she actually looks younger.

Kat James before/after... (no hijab, but not inappropriate picture)

(salam)

All the best to adik Bilqis ^_^ ... dah lama tak dengar berita.

Alhamdullilah, everyone is giving good advices here..

Hey sis, here's for you :wub:

Don't you ever wish you were someone else

You were meant to be the way you are exactly

Don't you ever say you don't like the way you are

When you learn to love yourself you're better off by far

And I hope you always stay the same

'Cause there's nothin 'bout you I would change

Hopefully no one notice.. :Hijabi: :D

wassalam, Sarah

Guest newshia
I wish I were taller

I wish I were thinner

I wish I had long hair

I wish I had curly hair

I wish I had straight hair

I wish my eyes were blue, green, brown or what ever.

People always wish for what they don’t have. We have to be thankful for how Allah created us. There are a lot of people out there who wish to have what we’ve got.Be thankful sis.  :)

I wish I was a little bit taller,

Wish I was a baller,

Wish I had a hijabi so I can call her,

Wish my pockets were full with dollars,

Wish my ego was a little bit smaller.

Wish I was smart like a wahhabi scholar,

Everyone complains Bilqis, you are not alone. :D

haha, now this is funny... who is the artist... i 4get the name... yes, SkeeLo was it?

Salam

Thanks everyone :cry: thanks for all the response well me kind of get over it actually, but me in highschool kind of much worse.. i dont know whats gotten to my head u know one day i feel shoo shy too go outside cuz i think ppl wud stare at me and think im shoo ugly sho i wuz just hiding my face with books and all.. :( and i kind of avoiding to seeing new people cuz im afraid that their first impression wud be "heck this girl is ugly :sick:" of course its not happening.. its all in my mind.. and i know i should be more grateful cuz its from Allah.. and its best for me..Maybe if He created me prettier then i wouldnt cover myself with hijab.. or being ignorant.. naudzubillah..

Ive seen people look much worse.. i mean they who had accident or sort and i just like how if Allah teach me a lesson to grateful that way..God forbid.. ive read an ayah bout how God curse they who are not grateful..and i just like :cry:

Maybe its just a process.. all girls been thu it whatsoever.. i just hoped it wont last too long.. I mean a girl with faith shouldnt worry bout how they look like rite?? please pray for me anyway..

salam

bilqis

dont worry bilqis...i'll pray for u...

i pray that u will get married this year...never later

sure in this lucky year u will find someone u like...and he will

propose to u...i'll pray for u...

but please let some hair grow on ur head okay..sis

dont maintain the army style like on ur avatar...

thats all...

hey bilqis,

I just wanted to say what all the sisters have said,that it is totally normal to feel this way about your body, especially growing up in a society like ours and having to be around girls who beautify themselves just to get attention. But what helps me is that i think about all of the other things i like about what i'm not liking(keep up with me now) :P and also ur goal in this life is to get to paradise not look good just so a guy can check u out , it might be hard to think of it that way but the best way to get urself out of a funk is to get ur mind off of yourself, like trying to do something for someone else, trust me it helps.I hope this has helped u in some way,

(bismillah)

Be content with who you are, sometimes its hard, but you have to try you cant change what you are on the outside, but you can on the inside. Real beauty is on the inside, dont listen to what the hype says.

Ignore actresses and models they go on harsh diets because that is their job and thats what they are paid for, besides what we see on tv is a fully fixed up version of them ... Take a look at the Celebs without makeup and you will see they are ugly on the outside as well as the inside.

You are a muslim woman and you should be proud of yourself, dont let people put you down, coz there is only one criteria that counts with your fellow sisters, and its not having a 28 inch waist or being a size 6, its how you make others feel about themselves. We all have deficiencies nobody's perfect in appearance, we sometimes ridicule eachothers appearance, but in reality nobody is it, dont let insecurity get the best of you, and turn to Allah in HIM you will find tranquility.

Wassalaam

We all have our ups and downs... but at the end of the day, we should at least be grateful to Allah (swt) for what he has given to us without us even asking for it. I mean, you have to learn to accept and appreciate yourself. I know that's probably easier said than done, but it's not inconceivable, right? Just work on your inner self, something that you can change for yourself, regardless of what anyone says. The beauty of your character will show through.

I remember how insecure I used to be during my middle school years, and how everything about myself would get to me. When someone told me that I was "pretty" or "beautiful" I'd think they were making fun of me. But then I grew older and I began to learn that I wasn't at all how I thought I was, and that I should have given myself the chance that I deserved. I guess the saying, "with age comes wisdom" or whatever it is holds truth. Lol, not that I'm old...

(bismillah)

Asalamo Alaikum

Not again sis Bilqis, I have already told you so many times not to worry about this stuff ^_^.

In my opinion we all want to be pretty, and good looking. Why? I guess its natural for a human being to be unthankful to Allah and always ask for more. I myself, as I have said many a times before, suffer from a neurological disfunction, that cauzed my face to be uneven. Do I wish I was prettier? Absolutely. But thats just natural for any one to ask. But don't forget that with beauty comes responsibility. Don't you see all the hollywood women? Each and every one has sold her body (literly) to become what ever she is now a days. Nicole, Halle, Julia, any one you name.... all of them have appeared undressed on TV some where or other. Do we really want to become one of them? Who are too proud of themselves? As I run a store with my dad, and taking care of magazines is my duty, you have no idea, how many headlines do I go through of just bull about beauty? Each week there is something about an actress, usually a beauti fault, on the cover... All men want is 'things to pleasure them' and they run the media to suit this need of theirs. Weren't Fira'un and Namrud one of those, whome Allah had given any thing they wanted?

I used to cry back when I was little, that why Allah had created me different, but there came a time when I encountered a person who was handicapped, he had no arms nor legs. Then I realized that I was far better off then this person, how much of a gift of Allah I had, and still I wasn't satisfied with it. From that day, I have sometimes wished that I was prettier, I mean its normal, but I do remember the story of Yousif (as) all the pain he went through because of his appearance.

Then when I was around 10, I wished my family was richer, that I would go to and from school in a big SuV, that I could have all the games I wanted, and one day as I was walking home from school, I noticed a very old lady perhaps in her 80's sitting near an Orange stand, the owner of the shop seemed to have just brought his supplies and was sorting them out, I was shocked to see, that as he threw away the spoiled Oranges, the old lady moved forward barely able to balance herself and started to eat those Oranges that were so bad in shape that I dont think even birds would eat. That day I realized how much Allah had given me yet I never realized it, rather I forgot and out of greediness asked for more and more.

Humans' can never fill their appetite.

But don't think that others don't ask the very questions you do. Because we all do, but we must all strive to be patient and thank Allah for what ever He has gifted us with. Because He has chosen the best for us, we may think that lack of beauty is keeping us behind from something, but it is actually Allah who knows the real reason for why you look like the way you look. It's all Him who knows, and who has planned for us.

My apologies if I offended any one.

Wassalam

Everyone complains Bilqis, you are not alone

yeh bilqis....Youuuu are not alooone......

I am heeeeere with youuuu

If you think you're uglyyyyyyyyy........ha ha haaaa @ youuuUUuuu

cuz youuuuu are nottttt aloooone

Mashallah very well said brothers hasnain and abdulhujjah.

Lifes too short to wish.

You can dream, but if all you do is dream nothing comes true. Things like looks do not matter at all.

If someone doesn't like you just because of the way you look, that means that they are a low individual and Allah shall turn those looks for that person into a burden for them!

That's from Christina's song, Beautiful. Great song to listen to.

I honestly think that nobody is ever born ugly. Don't ever let people tell you that your face is horrid (unless you're on halloween and wearing scary makeup) or your're awful looking because you're fat or fully covered.

Whatever, man. Nobody has the right to judge you like that.

I admit I enjoy wearing make up sometimes, and no, I don't wear it to alter my face to something else or anything extreme. I wear to highlight my features or to have the natural or fresh look. I'm a sucker for eyeliner and lipgloss.

If you're into all these, I suggest go for Bobbi Brown stuff. Her make up methods are wonderful.

Honestly I can't afford all her products, but I learn some techniques from her to make me look fresh. I don't look like a person who has gone through piles of assignments and projects late at night anymore. My field of study is constantly requiring a good presentation of oneself, and I always love to prove that Muslim women can present her best inside out. Make a good impression. If you know what I mean.

Of course there's always the wudu'...hehe.

And moisturizers and cleansers and pore strips.... you know, all that. Hehe.

Just a simple tip for those who are worried on the physical side.

But it all comes down to having a good heart and a positive mind anyway. And yes, lots of confidence!

Edited by Ummi D

(bismillah)

(salam)

DUNYA DUNYA !!! :squeez:

I wish there was an x-ray type glasses which peer into a person's soul, and see who's the real pretty/handsome one and who isn't.

You wouldn't be able to see Ahlul Bayt's (as) souls, u'd probably get blinded from the light and beauty.

And if you looked at some half naked "pretty" actress's soul, you'd see worse than those gross pictures Laydee110 puts as her avatars.

This is the face you should be aiming for (the bright one i mean..lol).

[75:20] Nay! But you love the present life,

[75:21] And neglect the hereafter.

[75:22] (Some) faces on that day shall be bright,

[75:23] Looking to their Lord.

[75:24] And (other) faces on that day shall be gloomy,

[75:25] Knowing that there will be made to befall them some great calamity.

[80:37] Every man of them shall on that day have an affair which will occupy him.

[80:38] faces on that day shall be bright,

[80:39] Laughing, joyous.

[80:40] And faces on that day, on them shall be dust,

[80:41] Darkness shall cover them.

[80:42] These are they who are unbelievers, the wicked.

[3:106] On the day when (some) faces shall turn white and (some) faces shall turn black; then as to those whose faces turn black: Did you disbelieve after your believing? Taste therefore the chastisement because you disbelieved.

[3:107] And as to those whose faces turn white, they shall be in Allah's mercy; in it they shall-abide.

[10:27] And (as for) those who have earned evil, the punishment of an evil is the like of it, and abasement shall come upon them-- they shall have none to protect them from Allah-- as if their faces had been covered with slices of the dense darkness of night; these are the inmates of the fire; in it they shall abide.
[39:60] And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?
[83:22] Most surely the righteous shall be in bliss,

[83:23] On thrones, they shall gaze;

[83:24] You will recognize in their faces the brightness of bliss.

[83:25] They are made to quaff of a pure drink that is sealed (to others).

ws

Ummi D .....i see in your avatar you are resting your face on puff daddys shoulder.........

HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM ASTAGHFIRULLAH!!!! NAH MAHRAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM.

Ummi D .....i see in your avatar you are resting your face on puff daddys shoulder.........

HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM ASTAGHFIRULLAH!!!! NAH MAHRAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM.

You dont mean this do you:

18348856_m.jpg

halaal halaal (someone looks like they snorted too much coca cola)

LMAO!

Well, pardon me actually!!! The one of me resting on my shoulder, that's my brother! Hahaha you guys are so hilarious!! :!!!: Haram... LOL!! :!!!:

The second picture, well, believe it or not, that is done using Photoshop, a software program I am experimenting?? I fused my picture with a celebrity (that's Jake Gyllenhaal, btw) and purposely put it up the net to see people's reaction.

I just want to know whether my technique works. It still looks fake to me! I'll take it off... Hahahaha.

LMAO!

Well, pardon me actually!!! The one of me resting on my shoulder, that's my brother! Hahaha you guys are so hilarious!! :!!!: Haram... LOL!! :!!!:

The second picture, well, believe it or not, that is done using Photoshop, a software program I am experimenting?? I fused my picture with a celebrity (that's Jake Gyllenhaal, btw) and purposely put it up the net to see people's reaction.

I just want to know whether my technique works. It still looks fake to me! I'll take it off... Hahahaha.

(salam)

ermm ok but this is an islamic forum..