Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Taweez aka Black magic

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Very recently one of my friend’s daughter (just over two years old) was involved in a serious road accident but alhamdolillah, she is recovering well. She has been involved in a number of serious accidents already in her short life. This prompted my friend to go and see a peer, who said that someone had done a ‘Taweez’ (Pakistani members will know what I mean, in effect it means black magic) on my friend but instead it has affected his daughter. When he asked who might have done this the description the peer gave points to a very close family member. On the basis of this peer’s information, my friend is wanting to cut all ties with this member of the family. I, personally, do not know how much of this is folklore and how much of this is based on Islam. My instinct is not to believe in Taweez, but it is only instinct and not based on any facts. I have tried to talk him out of the actions he is proposing, but I do not know what the Islamic ruling is concerning Taweez. Can anyone give me some more information on this topic?

Wasalaam

Hur

It exists brother, i'm from a secularish background, never believed in this until it happened to me, there is no way to explain it! You need to keep the child safe, get a good Imam Zamin and keep it on her, and have an experienced person make/consult an istikhara on the matter, in terms of it actually being true or not/and/if the said perosn is really the culprit,

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Brother Hur and Taha, the chapter on Sorcery in the following link may be of some help:

http://www.shiamasjid.net/books/GreaterSins2/ (Click Table of content and then select Sorcery)

An Islamic discussion on Magic

There are also some duas recommended by the Holy Prophet pbuh and our Imams (as) for combating Black Magic:

http://www.duas.org/magic.htm

Dua 81-84

Reading the Four Quls is very effective especially Sura Falaq which does talk about seeking refuge in Allah from ‘those that blow on knots’.

If you ask me the best remedy for these things is not to believe in them being effective because they affect you more physiologically when you start to believe that their "magic" is affecting you. Read the Quran and dua and only believe in the power of Allah (swt).

ws

Edited by kanez-e-Zahra

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) brother tahasyed, I’m also assuming it is haram.

I suppose my real question to anyone who knows is twofold: can Peer’s tell if a Taweez has been cast? I’ve never been to a Peer, and to be honest, not likely to. However, this is an aspect that I know little about. It has only come to the fore because my friend is wanting to take drastic action just because of what a Peer has said.

Secondly, what exactly is a Taweez according to Islam and not Pakistani culture. What does Islam say about it?

Wasalaam

Hur

• Advanced Member

(salam)

You're Welcome brother, but without being rude most of these peers are just trying to make a living for themselves. I'm assuming that most just write a few duas on paper, wrap it in a green cloth and hand it to you. You can do that yourself can’t you? Anyway how will that help you?

Writing on a piece of paper and wearing it all the time will i think be of no use without you yourself acknowledging the power of Allah and seeking directly his help and protection. You won't even need it written on paper if you acknowledge and engrave in your mind and heart that he is the best of Protectors and He will surely Protect you.

Also how can the peer pin point the person that's supposedly done this Magic?? And if he's wrong, then he will be a cause of someone breaking ties with a member of family, which is in itself a sin. Personally I think it's wrong of your friend to rely on his words.

ws :)

Edited by kanez-e-Zahra

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) sister, I agree with you totally. What I find disturbing is that on the basis of what this Peer has said to my friend he is willing to cut off ties with a close relative, when the relative could be entirely innocent. His relative is his sister-in-law and from all accounts she is a caring and loving individual. My friend is still very emotional so maybe with time he will rethink his course of action. I just find it strange that Peers can have so much influence on certain individuals, hence my query.

Wasalaam

Hur

• Advanced Member

YES unfortunately it does exist, it can ONLy effect someone with allahs permission...

the 4 quls were revealed for this wen a jew did it on the holy prophet pbuh

I CUD write a BOOK on this topic :blink: the amount that i know...cos of what i have been through :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ....a peerni broke mine RECENTLY.....and NO im not para...it f-d up my life in every way posss....and i used 2 get many dreams/instincts in relation to it and who done it...but i used to ignore it.....cos i thougt i was bein para and superstitiious...till it completely ruined my life and nearly caused serious depression...i thougt i was goin insane

anyways, pm me

p.s ayatul qursi and 4 quls are recommended from the quran

dua kumail is excellent......and many many other shias duas/taweez (good) written by the imams.....i know of many amaal

unfortunately the magic will not end till Allah wills ...NO MATTER WHAT U TRY

im sure i can help ur friend...so please email me .....

• Advanced Member

So,

so far I understand that taweez's are NOT ok with shia's either.

To those that don't know what a taweez is: its a tiny quran or a few duas that you put around your neck (like a necklace). Its supposed to 'protect' you.

• Advanced Member
So,

To those that don't know what a taweez is: its a tiny quran or a few duas that you put around your neck (like a necklace). Its supposed to 'protect' you.

if thats the case...then why are there sooo many books full of taveezs (to wear) ...written by imams

why are syria, iran iraq....full of em outside the holy shorines

chek duas.org...its on there

i personally find em effective

• Advanced Member
My friend's cuzin died, becuz of this black magic thing.. someone who hates him sent an evil jinn to hurt him.. and he get tis weird disease which is doctor cudnt do anythin about it.. u know? he vomittin strange things like needles and pins and even insects.. Allah forbid, and he get wounded all over his body and its rottin.. bleedin and all.. and he passed away, very young tho only 20 somthing..

who ever did that, May Allah curse him for that.. its really a shirk u know? Allah wouldnt accept deir repent.. And i heard that we shias hav a strong dua against black magic and for protections u know? Like Jausyan Kabeer and all.. and i wear that protection too.. this ring charm with jausyan kabeer init. and i wear it as a pendant in my necklace.. yeah i believe it will protect me.. with Allahs will..

yeh ...it can be done to peeps to kill em...and they may die...but ultimately

Allah HAS POWER OVER ALL THINGS

HE IS ALL POWERFUL

HE CREATED JINNAT AND MUWAQQALS...ITS WID HIS PERMISSION THAT THINGS HAPPEN (GOOD OR BAD)

SO THAT PERSON WUD HAVE DIED ANYWAYS.....ITS JUST AN EXCUSE!

YES EVIL EXISTS AND IT WORKS...BUT IT IS ALL IN THE HANDS OF Allah....ITS JUST ANOTHER TEST! ENEMIES ARE FROM HIM! DEATH IS FROM HIM! HE HAS POWER TO DESTROY! HE MAKES! HE BREAKS! HE CREATES!

'...and protect me from my enemies against the jinn and men...' imam ali as in dua kumail

' ...help me in the evil i am able to bear, and protect me from the evil i am unable to bear...' imam ali as in dua mashlool

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

So,

the Taweez I am talking about is the ‘black magic’ stuff where someone wishes harm on someone or to cause fitnah between individuals such as husband and wife. All this is haram

as far as I know this is ok, apart form the caveat of properly respecting the ayah’s in the actions you perform in day to day life.

wasalaam

Hur

• Advanced Member

ooh.. thanks for the clarification.

Well, based on that, I would say YES, it exists, and it IS wrong.

Just read Surah Falaq, its clear that it exists.

Also, Surah Naas and Falaq are the protection against this black magic as well. :)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I've heard that black magic stuff too often myself, thanks for the clarification.

However, for those who think that the taweez itself will protect you, that is shirk, and hence, the ahadith in the "sahihs." The amulets itself do not protect you, it is protection from Allah (swt).

• Advanced Member
(salam)

I've heard that black magic stuff too often myself, thanks for the clarification.

However, for those who think that the taweez itself will protect you, that is shirk, and hence, the ahadith in the "sahihs." The amulets itself do not protect you, it is protection from Allah (swt).

this is a 'wahabi' ideology

wearing taveez is not shirk...the words of Allah are a cure and mercy for the believers

• Advanced Member
Has anyone actually got the Islamic definition of what type of socery constitues as 'back magic'? I mean is pulling a rabbit out of a hat considered to be 'black magic'?

blak magic is negative

the sole intention is evil and to create some type of harm, which will be to the benefit of urself and detriment to the intended person

Guest Eilis

salaam

is this the same thing as (i forget the word for it) when you are cursed out of jealousy? like the evil eye? a few sisters had a thread about that a while ago... how sometimes people don't mean to do it, they just are jealous deep down. i guess it can be done intentionally too... but i hear that the best protection is to say "Mashallah" whenever someone compliments you or you baby etc... i also read that the prophet said it was acceptable to wear a protective amulet for this purpose. (this was in medicine of the prophet, which i think is a sunni book)

• Advanced Member
salaam

is this the same thing as (i forget the word for it) when you are cursed out of jealousy? like the evil eye? a few sisters had a thread about that a while ago... how sometimes people don't mean to do it, they just are jealous deep down. i guess it can be done intentionally too... but i hear that the best protection is to say "Mashallah" whenever someone compliments you or you baby etc... i also read that the prophet said it was acceptable to wear a protective amulet for this purpose. (this was in medicine of the prophet, which i think is a sunni book)

no ur refering to 'nazr' or 'nadhr' casting the veil eye...be it intentional or unintentional

we are discussin deliberately casting spells!

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Member
Has anyone actually got the Islamic definition of what type of socery constitues as 'back magic'? I mean is pulling a rabbit out of a hat considered to be 'black magic'?

No, pulling a rabbit out of a hat is not black magic. Black magic is done using evil and satanic spirits, Jinn etc and will always be done to destroy someone or something.

Wassalam

• Site Administrators

(salam)

Black Magic via taweez is for real and is practised a lot in South Asia.

Once I went to Pak and invited a Murshid (Teacher/Leader) to a friend's house where I was staying. The first thing He said, when he entered the house, " There is something weird about this house and my heart feels heavily burdened and depressed ". He asked us to dig soil in the lawn. We kept on digging and eventually found a taweez with weird lines and some alien language on it. My Murshid told me, in private, that their neighbours ( who were their relatives ) were the responsible party ...... lol

Fi-Amanillah

• 7 months later...
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

Black Magic via taweez is for real and is practised a lot in South Asia.

Once I went to Pak and invited a Murshid (Teacher/Leader) to a friend's house where I was staying. The first thing He said, when he entered the house, " There is something weird about this house and my heart feels heavily burdened and depressed ". He asked us to dig soil in the lawn. We kept on digging and eventually found a taweez with weird lines and some alien language on it. My Murshid told me, in private, that their neighbours ( who were their relatives ) were the responsible party ...... lol

Fi-Amanillah

Did you beat them with a stick till they confessed?

I have noticed that black magic and jinns seem to only exist in india and pakistan. Why is that?

to add a comment, they also appear in Africa like Kenya, Tanzania....etc

but for ur question. I dont really know why they apear in Pakistan, India, Africa. But they can also apear in different places around the world. THEYRE EVERY WHERE :o :wacko:

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam) brother tahasyed, I’m also assuming it is haram.

I suppose my real question to anyone who knows is twofold: can Peer’s tell if a Taweez has been cast? I’ve never been to a Peer, and to be honest, not likely to. However, this is an aspect that I know little about. It has only come to the fore because my friend is wanting to take drastic action just because of what a Peer has said.

Secondly, what exactly is a Taweez according to Islam and not Pakistani culture. What does Islam say about it?

Wasalaam

Hur

A good/real momin peer can tell if one is affected with taweez and also where the taweez is. My personla experience. :)

3 things every1 should know: a) Black magic exists but only if Allah ALLOWS it to. Allah has ultimate power- his plan is the ONLY one that comes through. B) Anything Allah intended for you to have you WILL GET. No force can take from you that which you were destined to have. IF you think "oh black magic broke me n my man part"- WRONG! Allah let it happen becoz maybe this was not the person you're meant be with anyways. Any1 you're meant to be with you WILL GET. c)Ppl dont understand we pay for our sins IN THIS LIFETIME as well as the next. Black magic always backfires and hits the person doing it harder than the victim and it's a Gunah Kabira.

Did u guys see that one famous episode of Aalim Online ? (I've actually grown quite fond of the Shia dude who hosts the show) Well, this one guy called from Hajj to say his mother CANNOT SEE THE HOLY KAABA AND SHE'S STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT!!!!! Dude (Aamir Liaqat Hussain) said clearly she's committed a sin so great and that's why this is happening. To cut a long story short it turns out his mother used to do "ghusl" to dead bodies...n she admitted she would put black-magic taweezes 'neath the tongues of the dead bodies. BLACK MAGIC IS A SIN SO FILTHY SHE COULDN'T SEE THE HOLY KAABA DURING HAJJ!!!! On that episode they explained it's one of the sins God doesn't forgive.

• Advanced Member
the 4 quls were revealed for this wen a jew did it on the holy prophet pbuh

No. That is what the Sunnis believe.

According to us Shi'as, the Prophet [saw] wasn't affected by any of this black magic.

When it comes to black magic, Indians are such crazies. Everything bad that happens to them is because some enemy worked some black magic on them.

Freaks.

• Advanced Member
Did u guys see that one famous episode of Aalim Online ? (I've actually grown quite fond of the Shia dude who hosts the show) Well, this one guy called from Hajj to say his mother CANNOT SEE THE HOLY KAABA AND SHE'S STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT!!!!! Dude (Aamir Liaqat Hussain) said clearly she's committed a sin so great and that's why this is happening. To cut a long story short it turns out his mother used to do "ghusl" to dead bodies...n she admitted she would put black-magic taweezes 'neath the tongues of the dead bodies. BLACK MAGIC IS A SIN SO FILTHY SHE COULDN'T SEE THE HOLY KAABA DURING HAJJ!!!! On that episode they explained it's one of the sins God doesn't forgive.

http://www.al-islam.org/greater_sins_complete/36.htm

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I saw a lot of that program but I missed the episode you are talking about. Will try to find it somewhere...