In the Name of God بسم الله

Who is in Greater Toronto/mississauga?

• Advanced Member

One of the Best cities to live in North America with the largest Muslim & pakistani population :D

But the winters and weather :( but it's spring now

Who is from greater toronto area or even South Ontario?

Edited by oxygen

• Veteran Member
me!!  ^_^  ...right here in good 'ol scarborough, toronto

Scarborough has a reputation of being a Crime city. hear about gangs and gun violence there every day!

i am in mississauga

well to tell u the truth crime is evrywhere.....and it has been exaggerrated A LOT about scarabrough.....i dnt see much crime happening here....infact i hear more abt missisuaga and markham crimes on the news.... :huh:

and the part of scarabrough where i live its very safe...(well pretty much ^_^ )

• Veteran Member

yes i go to high school "Stephen Leacock C.I"

and for sports i actually play league cricket for Toronto, for a team called Scarbrough Colts....and i'm actually THE YOUNGEST PLAYER ON THE LEAGUE....

on my debut i made 41 in ...lol 31 OVERS :!!!: (i was very nervous)

but den i got used to it and now dey send me opener

• Advanced Member

and for sports i actually play league cricket for Toronto, for a team called Scarbrough Colts....and i'm actually THE YOUNGEST PLAYER ON THE LEAGUE....

on my debut i made 41 in ...lol 31 OVERS  :!!!:  (i was very nervous)

but den i got used to it and now dey send me opener

do you also play tape-ball cricket pakistani style here?

there is an indoor cricket club in sauga but not many other places for cricket

last year in sauga, there was the first-ever outdoor tape-ball cricket tournament

Edited by oxygen

• Advanced Member
I truly feel sorry for all of you!

I don't understand why?

Is it because we live in toronto :D

I was curious how is Chatham, never heard of this place in ontario until i searched on google. obviously seems 2 b a small agricultural town? :rolleyes: a small population of few thousand

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/mikesnethome/ckinfo.html

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Chatham,%20Ontario

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

I live in Port Dover, a small town on Lake Erie. (Population: 6,000). (You can find it on a map @ http://www.mapquest.com) I'm the only Muslim I know of. I go to university in Wateroo (Wilfrid Laurier University). :) Port Dover is about two hours from Toronto.

People in Toronto never seem to know of the towns outside Toronto. :P

Khoda Hafez va Eltemas-e Dua!

Ali @)

• Advanced Member
(salam)

(bismillah)

I live in Port Dover, a small town on Lake Erie. (Population: 6,000). (You can find it on a map @ http://www.mapquest.com) I'm the only Muslim I know of. I go to university in Wateroo (Wilfrid Laurier University). :) Port Dover is about two hours from Toronto.

Ali @)

Are u a White Muslim, revert to islam or a minority Immigrant ?

The only reason i ask is coz there r very few immigrants in these small towns. So i was curious about what Life is life in these places?

• Veteran Member
(salam)

(bismillah)

Ali  @)

Are u a White Muslim, revert to islam or a minority Immigrant ?

The only reason i ask is coz there r very few immigrants in these small towns. So i was curious about what Life is life in these places?

(salam)

(bismillah)

Yes, I am a revert to Islam. :) I live on a meat chicken and beed cattle farm between Port Dover and Simcoe, Ontario.

I wish more Muslims would come to the small towns. I am not able to go to the masjid when I am home because their is no masjid here. I can only go to the masjid only when I am in Kitchener-Waterloo. :cry:

If you want to see a small town... come to Port Dover... it's a tourist town. :)

Ali

• Advanced Member
Mississauga, baby! B)

And I go to University of Toronto @ Mississauga as well..

Isn't U of T at mississauga mostly made up of pakistani/indian and chinese students??

rumours are that white kids now avoid that place cause of a lack of social life :D :!!!:

Edited by oxygen

• Advanced Member

Is there any place for shia majalis in toronto West and mississauga area

even though i am sunni, i used to go to majalis in pakistan but don't know any places in toronto west

Edited by oxygen

• Advanced Member
Is there any place for shia majalis in toronto West and mississauga area

even though i am sunni, i used to go to majalis in pakistan but don't know any places in toronto west

(salam)

Mostly Urdu: Bab-ul-Ilm and Bayt-ul-Qaim (scroll to the bottom of the second link for the Mississauga location)

Mostly English: Masumeen Islamic Centre (you can see some previous majalis at http://www.masumeen.org/multimedia/video.php )

Edited by ghoti

• Advanced Member
Mississauga, baby! B)

Isn't U of T at mississauga mostly made up of pakistani/indian and chinese students??

rumours are that white kids now avoid that place cause of a lack of social life :D :!!!:

'ts true.. :lol:

• Advanced Member
Mississauga, baby! B)

The so-called canadian virtue of diversity and multi-culturism is a failed experiment in reality!

multi-culturism is really about segregation and i see that all the time

From high school, people start to isolate themselves and you see white, pakistani, black and chinese kids sticking to their own tribe and avoid interacting with other races!!

i have nothing good to say about canadian version of multi-culturism :rolleyes:

Edited by oxygen

• Advanced Member

wowwwwwww world is such a smalllllll place hahhaa i went 2 leacock and lived closed by 2, awww u 2 kidzzzzz i know u kizilbash. Remember taht family that came from IRan with their kidz HAfiz-e-Quran i met u @ their place. i donnoa bout the other dude but yeah i ain't in leacock now but I'm in the University but i'm sure i've had the same teachers you have now hahaha.

• Advanced Member
Mississauga, baby! B)

dude i go to UTM aswell and come to think of it I might have seen you :S

oh well ny ways for those who dont know there are 3 centres in mississauga and 1 in brampton (that i know of)

IN Mississauga

Bab-ul-ilm; that is the oldest and orignal, has majaalis and everythign else all in Urdu and is ran by a great community person "Bazmi saab"

Bait ul Qaim (sorry if i got the name wrong) offshoot of Bab-ul-ilm, the managment had some issues and they split (how typical) and well dont know more about them.

Al-Zehra Centre: Great Arabic centre.

Brampton:

Masoomen; great centre was build last year............

• Advanced Member

wowwwwwww world is such a smalllllll place hahhaa i went 2 leacock and lived closed by 2, awww u 2 kidzzzzz i know u kizilbash. Remember taht family that came from IRan with their kidz HAfiz-e-Quran i met u @ their place. i donnoa bout the other dude but yeah i ain't in leacock now but I'm in the University but i'm sure i've had the same teachers you have now hahaha.

nybody from Xavier here :S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 19 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 8/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, Guest Fizza said:

Assalam alaikum,

Is there a shia community in the Scarborough area and a place where there are Muslim student accommodations?

There’s Babul Hawaij in Scarborough. I don’t know about accommodations, but maybe if you visit the place, you’ll find help.