Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Da vinci code - Dan Brown Brick Lane - Monica Ali Anecdotes of Reflection all of them by World Federation   Anecdotes for Reflection Part 1http://www.al-islam.org/anecdotes-reflection-part-1-sayyid-a

I have a list of books I think are great:  -Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde ( fantasy, satire and dystopia) very funny and entertaining, enlightening and clever, but will make you cry also.  -Fahrenhe

Haha see you in five years if you are really gonna read all this. It is an impressive list though! I only read Kafka, James Joyce and George Orwell so far. Completely different genres but all incredib

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

I have a list of books I think are great: 

-Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde ( fantasy, satire and dystopia) very funny and entertaining, enlightening and clever, but will make you cry also. 

-Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury ( Fantasy and dystopia) very very deep also it's a classic and you must read it. 

-The Kite Runner (fiction) very good in the beginning, but becomes really cheesy towards the end. If you like cliches and plot twists, this is the book) 

- Missing Microbes by Martin J Blaser ( Medicine and biology) it's very good and gives you a nice perspective on the the world of antibiotics even if you have a background on the subject. 

I hope you find them interesting. 

• Basic Members

1.Dubliners, Ulysses - James Joyce

2.1984 - George Orwell

3.Siddhartha -Herman Hesse

4.MacBeth, Hamlet, Julius Caesar, Othello, Merchant of Venice - Shakespeare

5.The Trial-Franz Kafka

6.Thus Spake Zarathustra, Untimely Meditations-Friedrich Nietzsche

7.Being and Time-Martin Heidegger

7.Brave New World-Aldous Huxley

8.Slaughterhouse Five-Kurt Vonnegut

See ya in a year happy.gif

Haha see you in five years if you are really gonna read all this. It is an impressive list though! I only read Kafka, James Joyce and George Orwell so far. Completely different genres but all incredibly good. Favorite: The Trial! But maybe to start with The Metamorphosis is a bit easier to follow.

Haha see you in five years if you are really gonna read all this. It is an impressive list though! I only read Kafka, James Joyce and George Orwell so far. Completely different genres but all incredibly good. Favorite: The Trial! But maybe to start with The Metamorphosis is a bit easier to follow.

oh man... Kafka makes me feel doomed!  LOL

All of that list is brilliant.  Mostly existential and dark, but brilliant nonetheless.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...