Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Menses

Rate this topic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bismillah) (salam) Sometimes as women we feel distanced from Allah during this time of the month because we are unable to pray, fast; and reading Quran earns us less reward. I stumbled across th

salam. With regards to the sermon of Imam Ali (as) - One mans intellent is compared to that of two women, however this sermon tells us tht men are not emotionaly strong! When a man passes by two wome

(bismillah) (salam) Sisers,it's pathetic to know the exact number of pig-headed "so called brothers" jumping into this forum.Despite of the fact that it is sisters forum.What brings them out here,t

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

salamz

sister for the cramps someone i know told me to mix harmal(dont know whats that called in english),sugar, turmeric powder, luban(gum-base) and anair(whateva) and heat some coal....add all this mixture to the coal u can see the fumes coming out u shud take those fumes in you...like you shud sit on it and and let those fumes go in you for like 15 mins or till u feel the pain has lessened.After taking it you shud go to bed and lay down for about 25 mins the pain will really be gone..

i dont like this method thats coz im afraid to use it but she said it really gives u relief.... :huh: :squeez: but i think we shud suffer that cramps maybe that is the cause and all the blood loss that we get so much thawab....thats why i think we shudnt try to make the cramps stop before i used to take pain killers(Boscupon)but they dont really help so then i stopped...to tell you the truth i have so severe pains that i cant control .im surprised u sat on the net and asked how to get rid of em..i cant even do that when im having those crampsi can hardly move.

sorry if ive said anything wrong....u never know

• Advanced Member
Salam Alaykum,

Although I read this a while ago, after recently discussing it with someone I decided to ask.  Specifically the quoted hadeeth, are we sure of the validity?  Becuase it troubles me that we have the exact same hadeeth with "hub-e-aale mohammad" instead.  That is what worried me, becuase these are two TOTALLY differant things and I don't think our Aimma would use the same wording for these two topics.  I am FAR from knowledgable in this matter, but I wanted to express my concern and maybe someone could shed light on the issue inshallah.

Iltemas e dua

Khodahafiz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salaam alaikum

As for the validity of the hadeeths, you would need to refer them those qualified in this subject. But in regards to your statement,

Becuase it troubles me that we have the exact same hadeeth with "hub-e-aale mohammad" instead.  That is what worried me, becuase these are two TOTALLY differant things and I don't think our Aimma would use the same wording for these two topics.

I dont think there is an issue there because there is more than one hadeeth referring to different deeds or causes that grant the status of 'shaheed', such as the hadeeth, which i've seen quoted by more than one scholar, that the woman who dies during childbirth dies 'shaheed'.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

the first text made me so happy bcuz all muslim women can be glad bcuz of their

good lucky for closing to Allah,although they may be in Menstruation's days :cry:

I really thank from dear Allah BCUZ OF DOESN'T LEAVE WOMAN IN SUCH THIS SITUATIONS :cry:

ELTEMASE DUA :cry:

fatemeh

• 8 months later...
  • Advanced Member
My dear sisters,

How do you deal with those cramps? 

Wallahi, its killing me..I can't stop crying. 

I feel so stress ..

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

yeah i donno why everyone is so happy now and they think periods are a blessing. i still hate it! its the worst thing that could ever happen! :mad:

:P

and i have a question,

What is it about menses that prevents a woman from fasting? Even if you are najis, cant u can still abstain from eating and drinking for the day? :unsure:

• Advanced Member

:o thats me u were quoting "i still hate it!"

FYI i am a girl, did the name "queen" not give it away???

since when did guys start having periods?

just a thought... sex change operations in iran may have caused

now somebody please answer my question

What is it about menses that prevents a woman from fasting? Even if you are najis, cant u can still abstain from eating and drinking for the day?

• Advanced Member
She might have been alluding to your childish behavior? Hence "children"....

im not childish :huh:

the question is still unanswered.

What is it about menses that prevents a woman from fasting? Even if you are najis, cant u can still abstain from eating and drinking for the day?

Edited by queenjafri
  • Advanced Member

Sis queen, don't take this as a ruling, it's what I have derived from the rules as a plausible explanation:

During menses you're not able to keep your ghusl, so you can't do the spiritual aspect of ramadhan. Of course you could abstain from eating and drinking, but as it's not counting anyways, it would come down to unnecessarily weakening yourself, which is a bad thing to do.

Besides I think it's a protection for women too. Most of us feel weaker or even sick during these days, and fasting would be much harder and maybe even causing serious malaise. So I see not having to fast during those days as a relief.

But I think most women in islamic societies eat and drink much less in their menses during the day in Ramadhan than in normal days, especially when working outside. If you eat seen or known by ppl then, you might as well write "I'm in my periods" on your forehead... or at least, that's my feeling.

The second weakness is that their natural propensities do not admit of full performance of their intelligence. Therefore, nature has given them the power of intelligence only in accordance with the scope of their activities which can guide them in pregnancy, delivery, child nursing, child care and house-hold affairs.

that is incredibly insulting. thank god as muslims we are not restrained by the opinions expressed in footnotes by translators.

• Advanced Member

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

I dont think the reasoning was about Najis. It was to make it easy for woman, so they dont have to have a hard time when it's that time of the month. Fasting requires a lot of physical, emotional strength and you have to go hungry and thirsty. When you are in menses, you lose a lot of blood and you need to eat healthy and balance meal to avoid anemia or fainting.

Guest blessedflower

For cramp relief, go to http://www.homeopathicusa.com/online_pharmacya.htm ; it's a homeopathic medicine site [online pharmacy] and the med for menstrual cramps costs $19.99. I haven't ordered it yet coz my hubby feels insecure in letting me use his debit card online.

As for men hatinmg menses...ask ur hubbies if u're married. Also, it's a blessing for men [married] men as well as it gives them a break from loosing their energy. I remember reading a scientific articles on benefits of sex: it said that when men discharge semen 18 days a month it reduces the risks of heartattacks .. although having sex all the time [7 days a week] can weaken [men].

• Advanced Member

If you're considering contraceptives anyways, or you don't mind using them even though you don't need contraception: the regular oral contraceptives have the pleasant side effect of making your menses much less painful, much lighter and shorter. And you can almost set your watch by the day and time it starts... no more surprises! Some of them (eg Diane) are also an acknowledged therapy against acne. The costs are just over 5 euros a month, but many medical insurance companies repay them.

In the old days girls with problemful menses were advised to get pregnant soon, because it's said to be less painful if you've once been through pregnancy and labour. I'm glad there are more considerate doctors and more medical possibilities today...

Edited by Zeynab-europe
Guest arthur

(salam)

This post by Wilayah should be readd errr once a month by sisters :D :D

I never knew all that, next time I can't get up for fajr I won't feel guilty because of the menses induced extra sawaab.....hehehe ok i'm playin i'm playin!!!

What about PMS? Some girls can suffer it a week before menses, and a week after do we have anything and the symptoms can be really really really severe (some women have even claimed PMS as a defence for crime in court) do we get any sawaab for those? :unsure:

Ws

Guest blessedflower

(bismillah)(salam)

The homeo medicine link that I mentioned above, contains really good medicines. The medicine that I read about for cramp relief can also be used for PMS.

P.S. - I had ordered a med from that link 4 days ago for muscle & joint pain relief, haven't received any email or anything related to it yet...just emailed them today they said there's no order by my name although the amount has been deducted from the account.

I hope it arrives soon or they'll be in trouble (coz the bank statement shows their name by the deducted amount).

Guest sweeter than salsabeel

yeah sis, after ten days, you're in the state of istihaza, and depending on how heavy the flow is, you have to do sometimes wudhu before every salaat, and sometiems ghusl before every salaat, im not too sure of when they are, but I'll try to find a link with the full details, or somebody else will know :)

alrite :D i found it.. im not too sure what marja'a you follow but this is sestani's rulings about it: http://www.najaf.org/english/book/1/index.html on the left hand corner go to "kinds of blood seen by women" and at the right hand corner you can scroll through the different options and it tells you what to do :D hope that helps

ANYWAYS...

ahhhhhhhhhhh wat an awesome post :D

PMS does still suck tho. :cry: oh welll, i hope i die in them :!!!:

ohhh and just a question... about taht whole Bibi Fatemah thing... well just curious... doesn't batoul mean virgin? would Bibi FAtemah be considered a virgin or did she just not get her menses? :unsure:

Edited by sweeter_than_salsabeel
  • Advanced Member
yeah sis, after ten days, you're in the state of istihaza, and depending on how heavy the flow is, you have to do sometimes wudhu before every salaat, and sometiems ghusl before every salaat, im not too sure of when they are, but I'll try to find a link with the full details, or somebody else will know

alrite  i found it.. im not too sure what marja'a you follow but this is sestani's rulings about it: http://www.najaf.org/english/book/1/index.html on the left hand corner go to "kinds of blood seen by women" and at the right hand corner you can scroll through the different options and it tells you what to do  hope that helps

May Allah reward you for your efforts.

i will be reading it and if something is not clear ill ask you.

So istihaza is after the tenth day? or is it after liek the seventh ?

Guest sweeter than salsabeel

if im not mistaken haydh is anywhere from 3-10 days, anything less or more is considered istihadha. if its less than three you have to make up the salaats that you missed. again im not 100% :P so just double check :D im pretty sure its all in that link thingy :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

(salam)

Thanks to the person who pinned this topic up. Its a lovely topic and dispels a whole lot of junk and ballyhoo in a very concise and precise manner. And well supported too.

Jazak Allah, whoever you are that pinned it.

• 3 weeks later...