Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

contact lenses

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

We, the vision imparied, all say that before getting contacts. The idea of touching your eyeball.. horrifying, isn't it? You get over it.. trust me! The first time I got mine, I swear, it took me literally an hour to get the first contact in (the second took only half an hr..woohoo!) You get used to it eventually. I can actually put them on in the car now while I'm driving (at a stop light, of course) B)

Ma'salama

• Advanced Member

salam bro.

Just thinking about it now I have had lenses for 8 yrs!!!! What type are you going for? There are soft and hard lenses. I tried the hard ones once and it hurt me so bad, but apparently you get used to it and they are meant to be better for the eye as they let more oxygen into the eye. But I just went fot the soft ones.

It does take a lil time getting used to it. Expect to be blinking alot enitially and somtimes getting blood shot eyes, some iching, some soreness. This is all normal and happens to those who wear lenses.

After some time this wont happen much - the other thing is to learn how to keep them clean and what solution you will use. So many times I would clease my lenses put them in my eye and OUCHHH it stings..coz I need to used Saline solution b4 putting it in.

I have stopped wearing my lenses for abt a yr now, and I only wear them when there is an occasion or somehting, I feel so much better, less headaches, my eyes feel fresh and also those who wear lenses for more then 8hrs a day usualy get a lot of gunk in the eyes in the morning, because the lenses make the eyes build up dirt and you can only get rid of this dirt when you take them out.

hehe..good luck, I hope I havent put you off!!!!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I am very lucky, I don't have to think about wearing glasses or lenses,

Alhamdullillah my eyesight is perfect and I thank god for that.

Because I don't think I could get used to wearing either glasses or lenses.

:)

I have noticed that many people wear contact lenses or glasses now a days, is this due to watching too much T.V or is it just hereditary.

Wassalaam

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

Alhamdullilah for contact lenses... I've been wearing them for about 6 years now and they are such a mercy! When it's raining u don't need wipers... when it's hot ur glasses don't slide down the bridge of ur nose... when u are just about to take that yummy chocolate mud cake out of the oven that you have just baked... your eyes don't fog up from the steammmm :mad: ... :lol:

Trust me... when u get contacts inshallah... u will not ever ever ever return to glasses... Although I do need to give my eyes a break.... always have glasses handy just in case... and u need to make sure u keep ur contacts clean

LOL as the others have said... it just takes time to get used to. You'll probably need to do it gradually ie. where them for 2 hrs one day... then 4hrs... then half a day etc etc.

The first time the optometrist put them in... my head was tilted and my eyes were squeezed shut... as much as i wanted my eyes to open... they just wouldn't. They were like this :squeez: LOOOOOL... the optometrist kept saying "Just relax.............." and eventually I went like this ;) loooool it took us about 15 mins to get the first one in! It was a classic, I'll never forget it.. hamdillah now much better... 30 secs and I'm done with both :D

Goodluck with it... inshallah I'll be graduating to laser surgery some time soon!!

I thank Allah (swt) all the time that I have been born in an era where I have means to correct my vision... I can't imagine not being able to see properly :cry: Alhamdullilah... for everything.

LOL.. I think u should get a pair and make the decision urself inshallah...

Take care!

Wasalam

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaikoum...

Some people's eyes are more sensitive than others, and in some cases, can't even adapt to contact lenses. You can give it a try bro, and you may even ask for a trial pair to see if they would be convenient for you or not.

Although contacts are very convenient in most cases, some doctors advise you not to wear it for too long, meaning overhours or for many consecutive years. Or what you may do is keep a pair of glasses handy and from time to time wear them instead of your contacts to give your eyes a chance to breathe.

I have been wearing contacts for a few years now and Alhamdulilah I'm very satisfied with them except for the fact that i lost/tore them more than once... I also had a bad habit of keeping them on for more than 12 hours, which i REALLY DON'T RECOMMEND! And don't even think of "Accidentely" sleeping with them. The feeling is disturbing.

Speaking of contacts, is it allright if the lenses come in contact with water? From what i've been told, i believe it causes an infection in the eye, however, some people i know use water instead of "solution" when theyre out of it.

wa/salam

Edited by Heaven
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

This is the method I use..

You first put in your right lense...and look to the left, then quickly look to the right, and then look down and blink to remove the bubbles in the lense...this method is easier than the normal way, coz its less terrifying as you are not actually touching the eye part ... and to remove them, drag them out the side of your eye, verrryyyy gently...another easier method, then having to pinch them out...eeek...and plus its good if you have long nails, as this way you wont split the lense

oh and another thing....dont fall asleep in them...iv done that so may times eek ...coz the lense can get behind ur eyeball and you have to get taken to hospital to have it removed...

• Advanced Member

salaamz,

it was very cumbersome, even painful when i started it. it used to take 45 min to an hour in the beginning. now it doesn't take more than a minute to wear and 20 seconds to take them off.

many benefits:

a) 180 degree vision. don't have to move your whole head when you can move only your eyes! people who wear glasses know what i am saying.

B) can play cricket and soccer in rain with precise vision; no watery glasses. however, i've heard, it's not recommeded to wear while swimming, bcz of chlorine in water that gets deposited behind the lens and could be harmful.

c) for people who do outdoor job, they don't need to worry about cleaning glass after every hour with contacts. but, if your eyes gets dry quickly, it's recommended that you use eye drops twice, thrice a day.

d) as already pointed out by other member, they are easy to carry; you can even keep an extra pair with you. -- PS

PS

• Advanced Member

i've been wearing contacts for about 5 years now, I don't love them, but they're MUCH better than glasses...the first time I put them in my eye, it took me about 20 minutes, now, it take me less than 2 seconds, you get used to it :)

Speaking of contacts, is it allright if the lenses come in contact with water? From what i've been told, i believe it causes an infection in the eye, however, some people i know use water instead of "solution" when theyre out of it.

hehe, water actually does work quite well...once at school, something was on my contact and it was driving me INSANE!!! so i took it out, sprinkled some water on it, put it back in, felt dry for sec, but felt normal afterwards, but i don't think we're supposed to do that, that's why I now keep a mini solution bottle with me at all times :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

i use glasses and i dont like wearing glasses.i donno whether my eyes gonna improve or not but i m not thinking of getting lenses right now.may be later on.my cousin is free from glasses now,his eyes r improving.i hope my eyes will improve sometime :unsure i belive studying too close to books and for longer periods do affect eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

pratically speaking lenses are much better than glasse but i guess glaases are better for the eyes,its not that good to put something in your eye every day ...poor the eyes :D ...

i've been wearing lenses for about three years ^_^ ...i dont even think of wearing glasses(i really dont like them)...

the thing that i hate about lenses is that when im really sleepy and im in my bed ,but have to get up to take them off :angry: ...

for a girl a would advice her to wear lenses and forget about glasees ..

wassallam